Certain Dri

4.4

Active ingredient: Aluminum Chloride 12%. Inactive ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Water.

on 4/9/2008 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This product is AMAZING!! I'm not crazy about roll-ons or having to apply anything at night but this truly has changed my life. I get my underarms waxed so i dont have to worry about shaving ($7 bucks girls, come and get with it). Three days after waxing I applied this and i feel like a NEW WOMAN. Smooth underarms PLUS no sweat or odor. Its like a dream! I live in atlanta so i found this in a PUBLIX for about $5-$6 dollars. Im excited about not having to pick out certain shirts for fear of sweat stains. Please follow directions, i did and i havent had any problems.

on 3/30/2008 12:38:00 AM

This is a great product!! I found it a long time ago and have used it whenever I need it since. I do not use it daily ,just every now and again, whenever I feel like my regular stuff isn't working as well. It will burn if you use it after shaving and it can discolor clothing. Put it on when you get out of the shower, if you didn't shave, and let it soak it before putting on your clothes.

on 3/23/2008 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I could seriously cry I'm so happy I found this product. For years I've had extremely bad perspiration, so I've always worn black. I've been to my doctor and nothing really helped thus I was going to resort to getting an injection to my underarms. Seriously the sweat was ruining my clothes too! I was pretty skeptical of this product until I used it, and it is absolutly amazing and gets the job done beautifully. The packaging is a bit awkward but thats fine, its really no big deal. Just follow the directions precisely and you have no burning =)

on 3/21/2008 4:05:00 AM

I have a high pain tolerance level. Cramps? Not a problem. Cuts? Absolutely nothing. Injections? No tears from me. The only thing that's caused me so much significant pain in recent memory is using Certain Dri.

I know the package said not to use it after shaving. I didn't. I used it the day after. It stings like you wouldn't believe. Not for 5 minutes, not for 10 minutes. Even half an hour of pain, I can tolerate, but no, not even close. I swear, my armpits stung for a good 5 hours afterwards, and the pain was nigh on unbearable. I don't know what they put in it...probably a sweat-banishing mixture of zinc, salt, vinegar, rubbing alcohol, hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, peroxide, and ha, why not...some lemon juice for good measure.

Before anyone blames the zinc, Ban liquid contains a higher percentage of zinc; even applied immediately post-shower, post-shave, I experienced zero irritation with it. Not so with Certain Dri. It does do a decent job of keeping the sweaties away, though.

on 3/20/2008 6:51:00 PM

I bought this product at Target so it was a little cheaper. I don't have much of a sweat issue as an odor issue. This has miraculously gotten rid of my odor! I had to write a review because this is a great find!

on 3/9/2008 1:04:00 AM

I love Certain Dri except for the itchy and burning feeling that I can get. I have found a way to avoid most of the problems is by only applying it sparingly every other day and not shaving on the days that is applied. Now my biggest problem is remembering to apply it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

All the girls at my dance studio use this stuff, it's awesome. I don't sweat excessively or anything, but I love being absolutely sure I'm not going to sweat at all during the day, and while you may want a normal deodorant to nix whatever odor is left, I only use it two or three times a week. The rollerball is inconvenient and it's annoying sitting there with my arms up for a minute or two for it to dry, but I honestly can't complain with how well it works. I haven't experienced any burning to note, a little itchiness every once in awhile, but I'll buy over and over again because I love this stuff. And also, yes, it's 7 bucks for deodorant, but the little bottle has lasted me at least six months and I probably have a quarter left. HG.

on 3/8/2008 7:06:00 PM

This product has saved my life, as I know it has for many others. I always hated having to wear black shirts all the time, or sweatshirts over my light-colored shirts. Now I am free to wear whatever I want to, and feel confident wearing it! This will severely irritate your armits if used daily, esp. after shaving. But I used this every other day or so when I first purchased it, and then I used it once a week to sustain the results. Now I can apply this every couple of months and still be free of sweat stains!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

it works very well. i have hyperhidrosis (on my hands and feet, too) and it's really hard to find an anti-perspirant that actually works. but this actually works and prevents sweat stains on your underarms. i've even noticed how well it works on skin tight clothing :)
it kinda stings and itches right after i put it on, but it's not terrible.
i love the stick too. the only problem is you can ONLY put it on at night because it balls up really badly and shows all white on your underarms. otherwise, it doesn't sting or itch like the roll-on does, so i prefer it.
i'm also planning on getting the A.M. version for extra protection :)

This product is a must have for people with excessive sweating! I was on the verge of going to the doctor when i researched this product and decided to give it a try. Well let me say that doctors appointment was never made!