Certain Dri

4.4

Active ingredient: Aluminum Chloride 12%. Inactive ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Water.

on 4/21/2008 10:10:00 AM

Without a doubt it works.
BUT.....Doesn't it freak you out that sweat is being prevented from leaving your body?
Come on guys, sweat is your body's natural way of cooling itself.

on 4/19/2008 8:09:00 AM

I love this product....I bought it because of the reviews here in MUA and I am not disappointed with the results. It kept my underarm dry all day and even the next day, so I just used it every other day. This is the only product that kept my underarm dry and free from sweat, before it used to sweat right after taking a shower. I finally found a HG antiperspirant for me. Thank you for all the reviews. If I havent read the reviews here I would never known the product and will still have an underarm problem.

yay! I finally found an antiperspirant that works!! I followed the directions vrrry carefully...et voila...the next day...my shirt was still dry ALL DAY. And since I live in hawai'i, not sweating in the warm, humid weather is kind of a big deal.
I didn't experience the burning other people seem to have experienced, but it does itch like a mother******. eek!! its SO difficult to not scratch...but the results are worth it..I use it every two days, and shave on the day in between.
It's such a relief to have found something that works:)

on 4/10/2008 7:51:00 AM

Certain Dri is great! Please read and follow the directions very carefully. This is not something that you use everyday. I put it on on Sunday night before I go to bed. That's it, once a week. I'm good to go all week. Trust me, I have plenty of tshirts that are rags now because of sweat stains. I love this stuff. I put on Suave aerosol deodorant in the mornings after my shower. Do not put it on on a day that you have shaved and also clean your underarms before putting on. It's all in the directions...please read those first. There is also a Certain Dri AM but, I am not as impressed with that one.

on 4/9/2008 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This product is AMAZING!! I'm not crazy about roll-ons or having to apply anything at night but this truly has changed my life. I get my underarms waxed so i dont have to worry about shaving ($7 bucks girls, come and get with it). Three days after waxing I applied this and i feel like a NEW WOMAN. Smooth underarms PLUS no sweat or odor. Its like a dream! I live in atlanta so i found this in a PUBLIX for about $5-$6 dollars. Im excited about not having to pick out certain shirts for fear of sweat stains. Please follow directions, i did and i havent had any problems.

on 3/30/2008 12:38:00 AM

This is a great product!! I found it a long time ago and have used it whenever I need it since. I do not use it daily ,just every now and again, whenever I feel like my regular stuff isn't working as well. It will burn if you use it after shaving and it can discolor clothing. Put it on when you get out of the shower, if you didn't shave, and let it soak it before putting on your clothes.

on 3/23/2008 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I could seriously cry I'm so happy I found this product. For years I've had extremely bad perspiration, so I've always worn black. I've been to my doctor and nothing really helped thus I was going to resort to getting an injection to my underarms. Seriously the sweat was ruining my clothes too! I was pretty skeptical of this product until I used it, and it is absolutly amazing and gets the job done beautifully. The packaging is a bit awkward but thats fine, its really no big deal. Just follow the directions precisely and you have no burning =)

on 3/21/2008 4:05:00 AM

I have a high pain tolerance level. Cramps? Not a problem. Cuts? Absolutely nothing. Injections? No tears from me. The only thing that's caused me so much significant pain in recent memory is using Certain Dri.

I know the package said not to use it after shaving. I didn't. I used it the day after. It stings like you wouldn't believe. Not for 5 minutes, not for 10 minutes. Even half an hour of pain, I can tolerate, but no, not even close. I swear, my armpits stung for a good 5 hours afterwards, and the pain was nigh on unbearable. I don't know what they put in it...probably a sweat-banishing mixture of zinc, salt, vinegar, rubbing alcohol, hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, peroxide, and ha, why not...some lemon juice for good measure.

Before anyone blames the zinc, Ban liquid contains a higher percentage of zinc; even applied immediately post-shower, post-shave, I experienced zero irritation with it. Not so with Certain Dri. It does do a decent job of keeping the sweaties away, though.

on 3/20/2008 6:51:00 PM

I bought this product at Target so it was a little cheaper. I don't have much of a sweat issue as an odor issue. This has miraculously gotten rid of my odor! I had to write a review because this is a great find!

on 3/9/2008 1:04:00 AM

I love Certain Dri except for the itchy and burning feeling that I can get. I have found a way to avoid most of the problems is by only applying it sparingly every other day and not shaving on the days that is applied. Now my biggest problem is remembering to apply it.