October 31, 2014 | 1583 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2008 2:20:00 AM More reviews by musicgeek00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I could seriously cry I'm so happy I found this product. For years I've had extremely bad perspiration, so I've always worn black. I've been to my doctor and nothing really helped thus I was going to resort to getting an injection to my underarms. Seriously the sweat was ruining my clothes too! I was pretty skeptical of this product until I used it, and it is absolutly amazing and gets the job done beautifully. The packaging is a bit awkward but thats fine, its really no big deal. Just follow the directions precisely and you have no burning =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 4:05:00 AM More reviews by reihasama

I have a high pain tolerance level. Cramps? Not a problem. Cuts? Absolutely nothing. Injections? No tears from me. The only thing that's caused me so much significant pain in recent memory is using Certain Dri.

I know the package said not to use it after shaving. I didn't. I used it the day after. It stings like you wouldn't believe. Not for 5 minutes, not for 10 minutes. Even half an hour of pain, I can tolerate, but no, not even close. I swear, my armpits stung for a good 5 hours afterwards, and the pain was nigh on unbearable. I don't know what they put in it...probably a sweat-banishing mixture of zinc, salt, vinegar, rubbing alcohol, hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, peroxide, and ha, why not...some lemon juice for good measure.

Before anyone blames the zinc, Ban liquid contains a higher percentage of zinc; even applied immediately post-shower, post-shave, I experienced zero irritation with it. Not so with Certain Dri. It does do a decent job of keeping the sweaties away, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by ppbcup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product at Target so it was a little cheaper. I don't have much of a sweat issue as an odor issue. This has miraculously gotten rid of my odor! I had to write a review because this is a great find!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2008 1:04:00 AM More reviews by mlscad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Certain Dri except for the itchy and burning feeling that I can get. I have found a way to avoid most of the problems is by only applying it sparingly every other day and not shaving on the days that is applied. Now my biggest problem is remembering to apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2008 7:44:00 PM More reviews by letsbedazzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

All the girls at my dance studio use this stuff, it's awesome. I don't sweat excessively or anything, but I love being absolutely sure I'm not going to sweat at all during the day, and while you may want a normal deodorant to nix whatever odor is left, I only use it two or three times a week. The rollerball is inconvenient and it's annoying sitting there with my arms up for a minute or two for it to dry, but I honestly can't complain with how well it works. I haven't experienced any burning to note, a little itchiness every once in awhile, but I'll buy over and over again because I love this stuff. And also, yes, it's 7 bucks for deodorant, but the little bottle has lasted me at least six months and I probably have a quarter left. HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2008 7:06:00 PM More reviews by jewleigha5

This product has saved my life, as I know it has for many others. I always hated having to wear black shirts all the time, or sweatshirts over my light-colored shirts. Now I am free to wear whatever I want to, and feel confident wearing it! This will severely irritate your armits if used daily, esp. after shaving. But I used this every other day or so when I first purchased it, and then I used it once a week to sustain the results. Now I can apply this every couple of months and still be free of sweat stains!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

it works very well. i have hyperhidrosis (on my hands and feet, too) and it's really hard to find an anti-perspirant that actually works. but this actually works and prevents sweat stains on your underarms. i've even noticed how well it works on skin tight clothing :)
it kinda stings and itches right after i put it on, but it's not terrible.
i love the stick too. the only problem is you can ONLY put it on at night because it balls up really badly and shows all white on your underarms. otherwise, it doesn't sting or itch like the roll-on does, so i prefer it.
i'm also planning on getting the A.M. version for extra protection :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by junkymonkey91

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is a must have for people with excessive sweating! I was on the verge of going to the doctor when i researched this product and decided to give it a try. Well let me say that doctors appointment was never made!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2008 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Possummama

Let me first just say that I have never really noticed a problem with excessive sweating so much as excessive body odor-- since high school I have been extremely self-conscious about what state my armpits were in at any given point in the day. Some days, it seemed like I could go all day, sweating a little here and there, with no noticable odor. On other days, the first time during the day that I'd feel myself sweating just a little bit it was knock-you-on-your-ass foul-smelling. So...I'm not a super-heavy sweat-er but man does it pack a punch on smell!
I tried Certain Dri a few years ago and followed the directions (so I thought) but finally quit using it after about a month because I felt like a chimp, scratching under my arms all the time due to the intense itching and red rashiness. It was driving me crazy.
I read some reviews on here awhile back and thought, oh what the heck I'll give it another go. The Secret Clinical Strength I'd been using worked just fine but as other people had mentioned the scent was so strong it was making me nauseous. (Yeah, I know...I have a real thing about smells.) So I buy a bottle of the CD and decide I'm going to give it a little fine tuning on the application until I get it right.
Yay! I apply it every other night or every 3 nights. I use 4 strokes (2 upwards, 2 downwards) and apply RIGHT BEFORE I get into bed so that I generally have fallen asleep (or am getting really sleepy) before the fire-pits start, which really aren't as bad this time around for some reason. The following morning and on the non-Certain Dri days I use Nature's Gate Spring Fresh deodorant so I have a little extra protection but without the extra exposure to antiperspirant chemicals.
This has worked wonderfully for me. I am one happy girl.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by fruit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, this stuff is effective, but truth be told it makes me miserable every time i use it. I cant sleep, it stings, itches, and burns to the point that i have stopped using it. I didnt throw it away though because its good to have around for really important occassions.(weddings, speaches, ect) A great every day deoderant is soft and dri powerstripe. It has tea tree oil, triclosan, and witch hazel in it and is the only regular deoderant that works for me. all those other brands have the same basic ingredients but powerstripes got the goods.