MAC #190 Foundation Brush

4.2

This brush is FABULOUS! If you are still putting on foundation with your fingers stop and buy this brush. My foundation look faaaar better than before - Armani liquid silk foundation - and it even looks better than when 2 different SAs have done it in the store. I love this brush. Money well spent.
I don't know why people have the problem with "painting their face". This brush is great for getting foundation into those tricky places around your eyes, nose and eyebrows. Yes, you "paint" it on, with just the tip of the brush, but it doesn't bother me. I never knew there was another way actually until I read it on here!

EDIT: I'm now using Armani Face Fabric foundation and this brush works really well with it. For everyone who says it streaks, yes it does - when it's dirty! I clean mine after every use with brush cleaner. I just put a little on a tissue and wipe the brush back and forth until it's clean. Sometimes I then rinse and leave to dry laying flat. It's dry by the next morning and ready to use again - streak free.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have had this brush for almost a year but i haven't used it since i had no liquid foundation. I got Studio Fix Fluid recently and have been using this brush for application and i have to say it rocks. I have been using less than a dime sized amount of foundation for my whole face. I don't think i have ever used that little (well when i used liquid foundation anyway lol).
this brush has reached HG status and i will never be without it. Maybe i can get my mom to start using foundation so i can give her a brush as a present lol.

this brush is amazing. if you've not used brushes for foundation you say to yourself, 'waste of money' or 'what's the big deal?'. i know i did. but someone was kind enough to get it for me and i am smitten. the application is better, much less lost product, the ability to use the foundation very lightly. and the brush is so soft, well constructed and has become a gift i get for friends. they're all converts.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was sceptical at first when a girl at the makeup counter swore by using the brush instead of a sponge but she really did change my mind when she used it to apply foundation on me. It helped blend the foundation very smoothly. It's also more sanitary than using a sponge if you wash it regularly (which takes about 10 seconds to do and it dries within a couple hours) and it didn't seem any harder to use than a sponge.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this is a fine brush, but finally turned out as another useless purchase.i'm much better with applying my foundation with fingertips, was too heavy with brush - both wet & dry. also - i like light textures, so....trying to sell it to someone))).
but quality is really really nice. for such a price - 40 dollars in tax free shop(danmark)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have always had an aversion to foundation brushes. I thought they were just a gimmick to make more money. I've used Japonesque's brush and it was too small, stiff, and left streaks on my face. I also checked out EoB's brush but the head was too large, long, and flimsy for my taste. I vowed never to waste money on another one. However, this piqued my interest and I finally decided to give foundation brushes another try. MAC's is fantastic! It is densely packed with soft and flexible bristles. The tapered head is great for undereyes, inner corners, and around the nose. The overall weight and length of the handle is spectacular. I use less product and get even coverage. For $32, this brush is amazing.

How did I live without a foundation brush? I always used to use a sponge but I still did not like how my foundation looked after application. Finally, I decided to try a brush as a last resort. Wow..it made a major difference. Not only did application take less time, but this brush made it 10x easier. There is also a lot less product waste with the brush compared to a sponge. The quality is excellent.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wouldn't know what to do if I ever lost this brush. It's the first and only foundation brush I've ever purchased and I don't think I'll ever use anything else. I can't complain about the price because it's worth it, if not more. I'm never going back to sponges. I take really good care of my MAC brushes so this will last me forever.

WOW! What an amazing brush! I thought I loved Prescriptive Virtual Skin while applying with my fingers, I never thought I could love it even more using a brush! I actually think it works faster using a brush. It didn't take any amount of time for me to get used to it, and I use less of my foundation now, which is definitely good, because I would run out of Prescriptives VERY fast. I love this brush! And by the way, I have washed it every single day so far, and it still works wonderfully! This is a must have! No streaks, and makes your foundation look less caked, thus making your face look smoother and your pores smalller. You should definitely get this brush!

Retails: $32.00.

This was my first high end foundation brush (purchased in New York! Squee!) and I have used it nearly every day since purchasing *with* frequent washings. It still applies perfectly. Sometimes when I'm in a rush, I'll apply foundation with my fingers but, honestly, when I do, I don't feel as "finished." I've used the SK foundation brush (which, in retrospeck, kind of sucks considering how teeny it was), Beauty Strokes, Essence of Beauty and Lancome. This is definitely my HG brush.

Popular Makeup Brushes