MAC #190 Foundation Brush

4.2

on 4/16/2006 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was sceptical at first when a girl at the makeup counter swore by using the brush instead of a sponge but she really did change my mind when she used it to apply foundation on me. It helped blend the foundation very smoothly. It's also more sanitary than using a sponge if you wash it regularly (which takes about 10 seconds to do and it dries within a couple hours) and it didn't seem any harder to use than a sponge.

on 4/10/2006 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this is a fine brush, but finally turned out as another useless purchase.i'm much better with applying my foundation with fingertips, was too heavy with brush - both wet & dry. also - i like light textures, so....trying to sell it to someone))).
but quality is really really nice. for such a price - 40 dollars in tax free shop(danmark)

on 4/9/2006 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have always had an aversion to foundation brushes. I thought they were just a gimmick to make more money. I've used Japonesque's brush and it was too small, stiff, and left streaks on my face. I also checked out EoB's brush but the head was too large, long, and flimsy for my taste. I vowed never to waste money on another one. However, this piqued my interest and I finally decided to give foundation brushes another try. MAC's is fantastic! It is densely packed with soft and flexible bristles. The tapered head is great for undereyes, inner corners, and around the nose. The overall weight and length of the handle is spectacular. I use less product and get even coverage. For $32, this brush is amazing.

on 3/31/2006 3:09:00 PM

How did I live without a foundation brush? I always used to use a sponge but I still did not like how my foundation looked after application. Finally, I decided to try a brush as a last resort. Wow..it made a major difference. Not only did application take less time, but this brush made it 10x easier. There is also a lot less product waste with the brush compared to a sponge. The quality is excellent.

on 3/15/2006 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wouldn't know what to do if I ever lost this brush. It's the first and only foundation brush I've ever purchased and I don't think I'll ever use anything else. I can't complain about the price because it's worth it, if not more. I'm never going back to sponges. I take really good care of my MAC brushes so this will last me forever.

WOW! What an amazing brush! I thought I loved Prescriptive Virtual Skin while applying with my fingers, I never thought I could love it even more using a brush! I actually think it works faster using a brush. It didn't take any amount of time for me to get used to it, and I use less of my foundation now, which is definitely good, because I would run out of Prescriptives VERY fast. I love this brush! And by the way, I have washed it every single day so far, and it still works wonderfully! This is a must have! No streaks, and makes your foundation look less caked, thus making your face look smoother and your pores smalller. You should definitely get this brush!

on 3/8/2006 8:05:00 PM

Retails: $32.00.

This was my first high end foundation brush (purchased in New York! Squee!) and I have used it nearly every day since purchasing *with* frequent washings. It still applies perfectly. Sometimes when I'm in a rush, I'll apply foundation with my fingers but, honestly, when I do, I don't feel as "finished." I've used the SK foundation brush (which, in retrospeck, kind of sucks considering how teeny it was), Beauty Strokes, Essence of Beauty and Lancome. This is definitely my HG brush.

on 3/5/2006 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after doing some christmas work on MAC and watching how the MAs use it to great effect. Love it!! Just wish I could find a MAC foundation to use it with!!

on 2/25/2006 10:23:00 PM

Wonderful brush. I was looking for a great foundation brush..and this was definatly it. It blends very well and has a thinner tip for getting in the corners of my nose and stuff.

on 2/21/2006 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

In the past I have always applied foundation with my hands, but I finally broke down and bought this brush - and I'm glad I did. I find that it gives a more even, finished look and I just overall like my foundation a lot more when I use this. I would highly recommend this brush to anyone in the market for a foundation brush.

Popular Makeup Brushes