CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 10/13/2010 9:10:00 PM

This is not a facial moisturizer, it is for the body. Best lotion I have ever used. Moisturizes without leaving a greasy or sticky feeling. I have even mixed in a spritz of perfume to make it scented. I have been through many bottles and will continue to do so. Try it!

on 10/12/2010 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I can't use this on my face. As much as I want to love it, it gives me small whiteheads. I purchased the 12 oz. bottle over a year ago after hearing raves and it broke me out then. I had it tossed in a drawer since I used it occasionally on my body and in my quest for a night time moisturizer recently, I decided to try this out again. I only applied it to my "smile" lines (where I never break out) and alas, have been cropping whiteheads in that area. I love everything else about it, though. No fragrance, and its a light lotion... perfect for my sensitive skin. I'll continue to use it on my feet, legs, and preggy belly and will likely repurchase just for these purposes.

on 10/11/2010 12:17:00 PM

I cannot say enough good things about this lotion. I actually picked it up at a Walgreen's without reading reviews because I was in a pinch at the time. CeraVe has become my all purpose moisturizer as it doesn't clog pores and keeps my skin perfectly hydrated without being too oily. I mix it with Alba's Mineral Sunscreen during the day and use it as my night time moisturizer - it works like a charm post-chemical peel as well. One bottle lasts FOREVER - I think it took me 6 months to go through a bottle that cost $11.

on 10/9/2010 5:01:00 PM

This product stung my face the first time I used it. I thought it was just coincidental. I kept trying to use it because the derm recommended it. Each night, it stung like crazy. After a week my skin peeled and flaked. I pulled out my cosmetic ingredient dictionaries and found that the most likely culprit is Behentrimonium compounds. When I stopped using this, all symptoms stopped. Just a word to the wise!

on 10/4/2010 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is an overall great basic moisturizer. Works well, gives a nice finish, has peptides and hyaluronic acid that work well with and nourish the skin. Its highley reccomended by my dermatologist.

The only possible downside is that it had a rather different texture, and must set in before putting on makeup, unless yours mixes with it. Hate that it doesnt have a pump and I have to pick up the bottle everytime, this is unsanitary too. But it is actually pretty cheap if you take into consideration the size.

on 9/17/2010 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've found this is the best moisturizer for me. Most make me greasy and breakout. This does neither. My skin soaks it up and is soft afterwards. The only thing that is a slight letdown is there is no SPF in it.

on 9/16/2010 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I cannot live without this product.

Its the best all over moisturizer out there. I use this to either layer under my SPF moisturizer when my skin is really dry and flaky (mostly just on cheeks)or alone at night after a treatment mask/scrub or sometimes over BP. I use it under my eyes to in the morning cause it seems to "plump" things up. I also pat it on over my RetinA at night or use it to buffer the RetinA when my skin is feeling particularly dry or sensitive. It's awesome. Has never broken me out. Doesn't sting, either, even on cracked skin.

Only thing, if your oily, this will make you more oily. So don't use it during the day on oily skin or your make up will slide right off. Never put this on my nose during the day. Makes it super oily.

Price is not bad, either. Bout $14-16. Goes a long way, so lasts long time.

Also, my Derm has this by every sink in the office.

on 9/14/2010 7:44:00 PM

perfect for combo skin.
the lotion is easily absorbed, and it seems to last a long time too. i do not use a lot, i use around 2 pea sizes to cover my entire face.

loving the Cerave line so far :)

on 9/13/2010 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is a pretty good moisturizer. It's very light and non-oily. I use it morning and night after all of my active ingredients (Vit c, glycolic acid, Retin A). It has never irritated my skin or caused me to break out. I'm VERY acne prone, by the way. If I skip a day of glycolic acid or retin a, I break out. Anyway, the formulation is great! It has the same components of the lipid bilayer of skin cells, so it really does repair damaged skin. I find it works very well on my skin when it gets irritated. It has definately replaced Cetaphil for me.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Ugh this broke me out so bad. Maybe im allergic but my dermatologist recommend it so i tried it. I found it in walgreens $ 12.00 so i bought one.Which i believe is the retail price. At the time i was on Tazorac for my acne. I broke me out i threw it out and thought nothing of it maybe it was because of the tazorac. I got pulled off the tazorac. I recently went an bought another bottle of this so i tried it for a week and i noticed i was having some sort of reaction. I stopped using it and my skin went back to normal. I know people who use this and love it we are all different. But the formula is good. It needs to be reapplied which i hated. it doesnt leave any residue