December 18, 2014 | 1681 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by c2yoshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this product to use on my face, but it seemed a little greasy to me after my skin would absorb it. However, I've been using it on the rest of my body (mainly legs & arms + some dry patches on my stomach) and it's been fabulous! It does absorb quickly and keeps my skin feeling good the whole day. I also like that it doesn't have a fragrance so that the scent of my body wash isn't overpowered by another smell. I used to use Iden Bee Propolis body lotion, which I dearly love, but the price was a deterrent for me ($15/8oz) and it didn't really do much for my dry patches on my stomach. The CeraVe lotion has been great for keeping my skin moisturized and for effectively softening my small dry patches as well. So even though it didn't work out for my original intent when I bought it, it worked out for the rest of my body! Will repurchase and maybe add the cream in conjunction when the drier weather hits in the Fall/Winter.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by hollywoodd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

While I've only been using this for a few days and therefore can't say much for any long term differences, I will say this:
1. Seems to absorb quickly
2. Doesn't have an actual fragrant to it but does smell kinda..weird? Reminds me of unscented candle wax lol but, TOLERABLE.
3. Maybe I got a bad bottle but it seems kinda runny. Almost like bad milk. Definitely not for someone looking for a rich, thicker, heavier cream.
4.$15 at CVS which I guess I can only say is an ok price for the size, not much else.
5. Seems to leave a waxy-ish residue that goes away shortly but then feels like I didn't put anything on. I find myself needing to reapply often to feel any sort of 'moisture'
6. If make-up is applied within minutes after putting Cerave on, it can be a decent primer. Seems to make foundation application pretty smooth.
All in all, a few days in, I don't see the hype. I've even tried it on all areas and really don't see even so much as an immediate greatness about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

HG moisturizer. Hydrating, non-irritating, does not break me out. What else would I want in a moisturizer? Repurchased many times! Comes with a pump and a good sized amount of product. It's pricier than some drugstore moisturizers but very worth it. It's a staple in my skincare regimen!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by monkeytron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The first week of use of fine. The texture of light and not greasy and it did a good job of moisturizing. But after a week and a half, I started to get little white heads all over my face. It didn't cause any cystic acne or large zits. As soon as I stopped using the lotion, the no more white heads developed. I'll use this on my legs.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by elainahanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product off and on for the past 3-4 years. At the moment I use it in conjunction with my cleanser which is Neutrogena's Original Fragance-Free Facial Bar. These are the only two products I'm using on my face for daytime at the moment, although, when going out in the sun I do use an spf. I've always had a few breakouts here and there, about 4 years ago they were bad enough for me to start using Retin-A micro along with Duac gel. My derm recommended I use the CeraVe along with it. I used the acne meds in the summer time along with the CeraVe lotion and my skin was super shiny but has never looked better in terms of smoothness, even tone, and clear skin. I stopped using the acne medications after a year or so and also stopped with the CeraVe. My skin started to get bad again but I wanted a simpler skin regime so I began to cleanse + moisturize and that's it for the past 1 1/2 years. I do continue to have breakouts on my chin and usually 1 or so hormonal pimples on my cheek every month. I've never attributed this to the CeraVe and this lotion has always kept my skin perfectly moisturized. I'll stop using it for a while to see if I breakout more or less, and will update after a month.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by mego

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great product! Great moisture for my combination/oily and acne-prone skin. I can use this all over my body and get a lot of moisture. I do live in a very hot and humid city, so too heavy of a lotion can be a sloppy, drippy mess. This is just the right consistency for me. I had microdermabrasion and my face was peeling quite a bit. I slathered this on pretty thick and I was completely normal the next day. It also works well when I use Retin-A or Benzoyl Peroxide. Love it! Simple, no-fuss moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by redhair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have acne-prone combination skin that tends to get flaky, and this does a really good job at keeping that flakiness at bay - in fact I haven't seen any since I started using this. It does, however, leave me a bit shinier than I would like. I stopped using this around my nose area b/c it was getting so shiny. It hasn't broken broken me out at all - and a (very!) little bit goes a long way especially if you don't have very dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by LAURANRENAE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this moisturizer, but it didn't do anything for me. I get more moisture out of my Olay beauty fluid. :( Makes for a great leg aftershave though...no stinging or burning!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by kalihi1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After rave reviews by my co-worker, I decided to purchase this lotion. My co-worker brought the lotion to work one day and I tried it and my hand felt really soft and the lotion absorbed pretty fast. During lunch, we decided to take a ride to Wal-Mart and see if they carried CeraVe and they did. It was on the bottom shelf in the skincare/face section. I picked it up and went to the register, for some reason, the bar code would not scan, so the cashier asked his manager to come over to do a price check and I guess the manager was too busy to do a price check and said, "price it for $2.00". I was like WHAT, this stuff costs $12.00. I was like SCORE! So I went home and used it for about a week and noticed that it started to actually dry out my skin. My skin felt like I never put any moisturizer on, I had to reapply and reapply. For the normal cost of this lotion, you would think it would be pretty good. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me, but at least I only paid $2.00 for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 4:27:00 AM More reviews by dapich

I love this product. It does an excellent job moisturizing my entire body without that greasy feeling. I also use it on my six year old son who suffers from eczema and it seems to work well for him though Eucering Calming Crreme is my top choice for him. I don't use this product for my face as I have the cerave pm also. This has become my HG all over moisturizer as I always have soft moisturized skin guaranteed.