July 25, 2014 | 1538 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by philosophin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Sadly, this just doesn't work for me. I bought it to help moisturize my rosacea-prone skin. My red rosacea patches are quite dry and this simply doesn't work. On the plus side, the texture is nice, a little goes a long way, and it doesn't irritate sensitive skin. *edit 6-22-10* I could be wrong, but I think there may be something in this that breaks me out. I've heard people say that about Cerave PM (a completely different product, but the same brand).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by becca_anne38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started PanOxyl bar face wash 1 month ago, in the first week your skin literally dries out, cracks, sheds, it's torturous! So I tried this- WOW! Best lotion ever, never felt anything so smooth, hydrating, NONoily!, and lasts all day. it just makes my skin luminous, it literally fills in the lines, cracks of dryness. and you only need a very little of it! no breakouts, love the pump, it's great

i used to use the Cetaphil moisturizer, and that product is very greasy and just icky compared to CeraVe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was recommended to me by my dermatologist because I was experiencing dry skin with my aggressive acne treatments. I love this moisturizer! It feels like a luxury moisturizer for cheap. I got a fer samples from my doctor and was scared to know how much a bottle of it would cost. Boy was I shocked when she told me I could get it from CVS. and i was even more suprised when I saw the price. It works great as a daytime moisturizer, however I have noticed that my face still drys out in the winter months. My dermatologist gave me a sample of Ceravae PM, which I love also! I look forward to using the combination of both moisturizers-as soon as I can find a CVS that carries the PM version. No luck so far. I highly recommend CeraVae!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by jazmatazz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as an am/pm moisturizer and in the mornings apply prior to SPF. I started Accutane a week ago and need a very good moisturizer. This is under $14 at Walmart and it moisturizes well without feeling greasy. No scent either.

I prefer this over the Cetaphil lotion with has a greasy residue feeling to me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2010 5:38:00 AM More reviews by sweetiegracie

I really wanted to like this moisturizer....
but it made me break out.
Moisturizes great though. If only it didn't break me out...
Strange, because it makes my skin feel super soft but gradually clogs my pores...
I was getting pimples in places where I never did before and it took me a while to track down the culprit. But alas it was indeed CeraVe...
Paula Begoun ranks this highly on her list so as long as you are not prone to acne, it should work great for you.
I use Cetaphil now, which is a bit greasier but doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by GPD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently bought the HUGE tub of this stuff for my desk at work. I am constantly washing my hands and needed a lotion that had no scent and sunk in quickly. This fits the bill. This is AWESOME! My face also tends to be very dry (particularly in winter), so this is very nice to have at my desk. So now whenever I wash my hands, I scurry back to my desk and apply some of the Cerave to my hands then pat the excess lotion left over on my hands gently on my dry spots (cheeks, sides of nose, chin). I can't live with out this stuff now! I think I'm going to need the Cerave and Cerave PM for home use!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by auburn420

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For years I've been looking for something to heal with skin redness. My doctor diagnosed rosacea, but because I don't have the pustules, he didn't have any prescription options for me. I do think the CeraVe has helped. It feels so nice going on and absorbs easily. Because I do have oily/dry skin, it moisturizes without making me greasy. I also use a OTC retinol for anti-aging so I'm not looking for that from a basic moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by sloanepeterson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm really not that enthusiastic about this product. Ordinarily, I would not use anything that even remotely resembles Cetaphil, which this one certainly does, but I recently began using a retinol at night and when doing my research, time and time again this was mentioned as the moisturizer to use when using a retinol. I read that I should choose a moisturizer with no "active" ingredients, and this was recommended as the most mild one.
I'm not crazy about the texture, because this (just like cetaphil) feels to me more like a watery sort of gel than an actual lotion or cream.
I feel that it half-sinks into my skin, but there is still a bit of a sticky layer on top. I don't think makeup takes well on top of this.
The best thing I can say about it is that even with using the retinol I am never dry (though I have oily skin) and it hasn't broken me out.
The retinol cream I've been using is moisturizing enough not to have to put this over it at night, so I only use it in the morning after cleansing.

I gave it a 3 on price not necessarily because it's expensive, but because it's pretty darn expensive for a d/s brand. A lot more than Cetaphil and costs more than it's worth imo.
I will probably try to find something else to accompany my retinol regimen once this is used up.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by carter152

Completely changed the texture of my face, in a great, much-needed way. It's light and non-greasy and does not break me out. It smoothed my uneven, rough complexion and my skin now looks clear and is so soft. Will buy over and over!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by sugarandspice101

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because Paula Begoun loved this lotion but I did not.I used this and found it not moisturizing enough for my dry,fragile,eczema prone skin.This product is not greasy but I prefer lotions that are as it seems to keep the moisture in my skin longer.It did not irritate or break me out at all and it had no obvious scent,but I didnt love it and wont repurchase.