CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

4.1

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

I have very bad acne and using benzoyl peroxide, I needed a very good moisturizer that wouldn't break me out.
I searched and found this one, being kinda frightened to use it (in fear of it breaking me out), I began applying it only at night... since my skin was not breaking out and in fact became way softer (also flaking from acne treatment is decreasing ), I now apply it in the morning and evening and loving it!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

My poor husband's skin is so sensitive. It's prone to flaking and reddening and frequent eczema-like inflammation. So what do most men know about skin care? I then observed that he often used bar soap on his face. Yikes! I'd heard good things about Cetaphil so I got him their cleanser and moisturizer. However, I was shocked when he informed me, a month later, that the this wasn't working for him.

I was at a loss for alternatives until I read the dermatologist for the Washington Post say that she recommended the drugstore line -- "Cerave" for patients w/ very sensitive skin. So I made haste to buy both the Cerave cleanser and moisturizer. After two weeks' use of this duo, he said how great Cerave works for him. Hallelujah! His skin is so much calmer. Early on I had to remind him that, he needed to *always* use the moisturizer, every single day and evening. He's keeping to the program, and his baby-sensitive skin looks so much better!

Recently, his brother shared that he was having the same skin problems hubby used to have. So Jim bought him he Cerave cleanser + moisturizer. Now, both brothers will not be without these this duo!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I am obsessed with CeraVe products! They all work amazing on my sensitive/combo skin!! I use this, the cream, the face wash and the PM lotion. I love the way they leave a matte finish on your face. I cant explain it. Its almost like it doubles as a primer. It goes on silky and moisturizes my skin, without leaving it feeling greasy.

This isn't as moisturizing as I need it to be but it is working for now until I find something better.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have very sensitive, dry skin..this lotion is great and light. I need a much heavier cream at night, especially in summer when my face gets super tight and dry, I like the way my skin feels when I put this lotion on, just wish it was a little thicker. Overall, it did not irritate my skin and it is good to use under makeup for a light moisturizer.

All the negative ratings on this has been because people use it on their face (I do occasionally but wouldn't recommend it regularly) which is prone to break outs or because it doesn't have SPF. It never advertises having SPF so I don't understand why you would rate it lower because of that.

Anyway, it's very lightweight, dries quickly, and leaves your skin feeling very smooth and soft but also without the feeling of lotion (I don't know how to describe it). Definitely my HG body lotion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I orginally bought for my face, but i have noticed a increase in whiteheads and little pimples since i started using it several weeks ago. Although this lotion did not work out for my face it is wonderful for my hands. I also use it sometimes on my body. You don't need much a little goes a long way. This lotion has a great texture; lightweight, yet very moisturizing. My skin feels very soft when i use this especially my hands :) Although i love how soft this makes my hands feel i probably wouldn't buy it again. If i just use this for my hands the bottle will last a long times; but I am looking for a new face lotion and not a new hand lotion. For someone who isn't acne prone this would probably be a great choice for a face lotion. If you are acne prone you could still try it out, just be watchful of breakouts.

Have been using this product for about a year and am only on my second bottle. Pretty impressive for 12 or 14 dollars a bottle right? I started using it when my face was exploding and my Derm put me on Ziana gel. I have EXTREMELY sensitive, acne prone skin and needed something that was very gentle. I was on Acne.org and saw this product listed. Figured why not.... although I have been cycling through facial cleanser like a crazy person trying to find the "ONE", this has been my one consistent product as I have NEVER EVER had a breakout cause by it. I know this because when I was on pills for my acne and having laser treatments as well to kill bacteria (and my skin was looking GOR-GE-OUS) i was using a very basic cleanser and started this product. I know immediately if a product makes me breakout thankfully. I wont say it SUPER hydrating, I mean OBVS..its only a lotion. But it does the job and doesn't leave me greasy. No scent that I can detect. One or twice a week I will mix a few drops of JoJoba iol in with it at night and it mixes quite well with the oil. Goes on smooth and only need about a pump and a half for my entire neck and face with some to spare. Love the pump as I am a slight germphobe and am turned off to anything in a jar.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh my...I finally discovered this moisturizer as the evil culprit of the explosion of pin-sized pustules I have been experiencing all over my face. I was away on vacation for a week and half and was unable to bring the Cerave with me, so I had to switch to something different for a time. Face cleared up. Came back home, started up with my Cerave again and the very next morning the tiny things were back with a vengeance. Will be going back to my old standby- MAC Studio Moisture Cream- fantastic stuff and worth the price after this mess!

This product is OK to use alone but not under makeup. It's more like a sunscreen and foundation does not go on very smoothly over it. I have very fair skin and need to use a 50 or above sun protection so cannot unfortunately give it a very high rating.