CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This was a pretty pricey lotion for drugstore. I saw it on the very bottom of the shelf when I dropped my phone. It looked so plain, I disregarded it. I decided to try it out and I like it just as much as the Aveeno lotion. I hate the bath & body work lotions since the fragrances are stronger than the actual moisturization. CervaVe has no fragrance and it has no greasy feel. Perfect for sensitive skin! I've tried it on my face and it has the same results as the Neutrogena oil-free moisture for combination skin. I couldn't find the lotion with a pump so I was pretty disapppointed in that. But in other words, it's ideal for my skin. I will no repurchase since it will last me for a long time and because I don't want to spend $12 on a drugstore lotion with plain packaging.

on 11/24/2010 9:12:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Most moisturizers work the same for me, however my dermatologist recommended this one (after saying all moisturizers pretty much are the same). I use it several times a day, and it's okay. It takes forever to sink into my skin, and it doesn't really help the tightness & dryness I'm prone to in the winter. Also, about an hour later, my skin will feel the exact same. I'm going to stick with my Dramatically Different lotion - it's pretty much my hg moisturizer..

on 11/23/2010 8:49:00 PM

This is one of my daily moisturizers. I don't like using moisturizer all that much in general, mainly because I don't like my face feeling "wet" but I do use this one at night. It is light, creamy, and absorbs quickly. It also doesn't cause acne (big selling point for me). It is just a great, no frills, moisturizer that does what it says it will do!

If you love fashion just as much as you love beauty, visit my blog: Bird of a Feather. continued >>

on 11/15/2010 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my go-to lotion now. You can't beat ceramides! I even use this as a cold cream to remove makeup and cleanse my face. Doesn't break me out or leave an oily residue. HG!!!

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

I really like it. Doesn't break me out and doesn't make me oily! YEAH!
It's a really good product but a little to heavy for me. It enlarged my pores and clogged them. So... I mean I have to say that I don't like it that much. But it's nice..ish.

on 10/31/2010 8:08:00 AM

During the harshest winter months, I prefer the CeraVe Cream in the tub. But this lotion is what I use Spring - Fall. It would still be great in the winter, but the cream just really saves my skin from our -20 something temperatures. The lotion goes on smoothly, absorbs quickly and leaves your skin feeling soft and moisturized. It never feels greasy or coated like many other lotions can leave your skin feeling (i.e. Vaseline lotions). I used to love Curel (and it is still good), but CeraVe has replaced it as my go to lotion. If you haven't found a good lotion...try one or both of the CeraVes. You won't be sorry.

on 10/23/2010 11:45:00 AM

I absolutely love this lotion. Got it on the account of great reviews here on MUA and havenít regretted it yet. Iíve used both this lotion and cream (during winter) and it most definitely makes a difference in my skin care. I have dry sensitive skin that canít tolerate very many things. I find CeraVe to be mild and calming. No redness using this product, unlike very many other lotions I have tried in the past. It has been a part of my skin care regimen for over a year now, and I plan on repurchasing again (though I donít see that happening any time soon as it lasts forever!). Great value for the money; very inexpensive.

on 10/13/2010 9:10:00 PM

This is not a facial moisturizer, it is for the body. Best lotion I have ever used. Moisturizes without leaving a greasy or sticky feeling. I have even mixed in a spritz of perfume to make it scented. I have been through many bottles and will continue to do so. Try it!

on 10/12/2010 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I can't use this on my face. As much as I want to love it, it gives me small whiteheads. I purchased the 12 oz. bottle over a year ago after hearing raves and it broke me out then. I had it tossed in a drawer since I used it occasionally on my body and in my quest for a night time moisturizer recently, I decided to try this out again. I only applied it to my "smile" lines (where I never break out) and alas, have been cropping whiteheads in that area. I love everything else about it, though. No fragrance, and its a light lotion... perfect for my sensitive skin. I'll continue to use it on my feet, legs, and preggy belly and will likely repurchase just for these purposes.

on 10/11/2010 12:17:00 PM

I cannot say enough good things about this lotion. I actually picked it up at a Walgreen's without reading reviews because I was in a pinch at the time. CeraVe has become my all purpose moisturizer as it doesn't clog pores and keeps my skin perfectly hydrated without being too oily. I mix it with Alba's Mineral Sunscreen during the day and use it as my night time moisturizer - it works like a charm post-chemical peel as well. One bottle lasts FOREVER - I think it took me 6 months to go through a bottle that cost $11.

Popular Moisturizers