April 19, 2014 | 1099 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by briii

i bought this because my dermtaologist recommended it to me. ive been using it for a little over a month now and i absolutely love it. it goes on so smooth and hydrates my skin amazingly. it is a little pricy, i think i paid $15 dollars, but it lasts a long time and its a 12oz bottle. so its pretty big. i love this stuff. wont be switching any time soon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't particularly understand the MUA hype surrounding this product. For me, it was nothing special--a run-of-the-mill moisturizer at best. I never found that it worked as a buffer or was able to repair seriously dry/damaged skin. It kept things marginally hydrated, but that's about it.

The packaging is okay--pumps tend to be good--but is pretty annoying when you have to travel, because you have to push the pump head all the way down and turn in order to close it, and doing so releases a ton of lotion. Which is messy. Also, if you keep it out for awhile without closing it, a crusty bit starts to develop in the pump opening. I guess this is to be expected, but it's still unfortunate. And gross.

I initially bought this for my face, as something to use between serum and sunscreen, or on top of treatment products at night. I didn't find that it was stunningly effective at keeping my skin moist, plump--anything--and it did cause some clogged pores. There is nothing obscenely wrong with it, but in my experience it's just not outstanding. It's cheap, unscented, and non-irritating, and it does do some decent moisturizing without being greasy, so if that's what you're seeking, this might be it. It has now been relegated in my arsenal to backup body lotion, and I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by carolmelapple

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just bought another bottle today. I loveee this moisturizer. I use it kind of like a primer moisturizer; I put this on after I was my face and before my spf moisturizer. At night, after I wash my face, I put it on before my night moisturizer-- it's worked well for me.

It absorbs really quick and doesn't feel greasy or get greasy throughout the day at all. My dermatologist is actually the one who gave me a sample and showed it to me.

The packaging isn't cute or anything, but the pump is really convenient. Love.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by marisac118

Clogged my pores, stung my eyes. Not good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Paulygirl21

Was really excited to try this (due to all the MUA recommendations) and was equally so to see it on Wal-Mart's shelves. The very day I bought this, I smoothed some on my arms. When I saw how nice and moisturized they were, I knew I had hit gold. Great body moisturizer. Having said that, I don't recommend this as a facial moisturizer. I've got a nice, painful, yet to emerge zit on the side of my face, due to applying this last night. Haven't had this problem with any other products I've been using, so this has to be the culprit. I figured I would have that issue, as many others have, as well. So, to sum up: great as a body moisturizer, but not so good on the face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by margaretshelton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love this product! I have super-dry skin, and this product is great b/c it sinks in quickly and moisturizes without feeling greasy. I also love that it's unscented and doesn't have that weird chemically smell that some "unscented" products have. I live in a climate that's warm/hot most of the year and VERY humid, and this is great stuff for my skin in these conditions.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by nothingreally

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really wanted to like this, but this seems to be nothing like the moisturizer everyone else is raving about. It irritated my skin and made my skin so greasy, it just sat on top of my skin rather instead of moisturizing. I tried this over and over both day and night hoping to see better results, but I broke out every time, mostly small milia but sometimes cystic. I always wonder if I got a dud, but I really don't feel like buying another one to find out. The packaging is great and its good deal pricewise for the amount of product you get but this just doesn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by babiieed0llxo

I love this moisturizer, but i feel its not enough for the dry winter. Its light and not greasy at all. I use this after cerave face wash and they're good together, but still use vaseline on my dry spots after applying the moisturizer...hopefully i can just use this in the summer, because i hear vaseline isn't good for you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 7:50:00 AM More reviews by sophie_lapin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice and light- no grease or shine.
I don't think it's strong enough for very dry skin or harsh winter wind though.
My skin is normal/dry and I don't live in Chicago anymore, so this lotion is perfect for me!
I wash my face with Cerave Cleanser,
then use Paula's Choice BHA Solution,
then use Paula's Choice Super Antioxidant Concentrate (vit C),
and then use a tiny pump of the Cerave Lotion to finish.
My Skin Is Amazing with this routine!!!

PS- the best sunscreen for me is Shiseido's SPF 55 Lotion. I don't use it everyday though.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by jeannab88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted this lotion to work so bad, but it let me down. I like how it sank into my skin fast and was not greasy like Cetaphil. However, I started getting pin sized white heads thinking it was from not washing my face enough. A week went by and I started getting larger inflamed pimples and thought it was everything else but the CeraVe. In the end, it was the CeraVe. It saddens me, but I will keep on the hunt for an acne safe lotion. This is why I don't believe when things say "non-comedogenic".