CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 1/5/2011 6:15:00 PM

Just to let everyone know, the PM version of CeraVe lotion contains a nearly identical ingredient list to this, the 'plain' moisturizing lotion. I have and use both, and I've just compared the ingredients on my two bottles. There are only a couple of discrepancies; the products are very nearly identical like I said. The regular lotion comes in a much larger bottle, compared to the PM which is in a smaller bottle for about $1 less. I'm going to purchase the moisturizing lotion (non-PM version) exclusively from now on, having discovered this, because it is obviously a huge difference in terms of quantity for the price. Anyway, now that that's out of the way, this lotion is simply excellent. I've been using it on my face and body (also use the cream in the winter months – fantastic) for about a year now, and my skin has never felt so soft and smooth, or looked so healthy and glowing. It's just an amazing, no-frills, effective, affordable moisturizer. I don't know if I'll ever be able to find another lotion or cream that tops it, to be honest. I love the consistency, it's not greasy at all, and my skin seems to absorb it almost immediately, leaving me touchable and silky (as opposed to slippery and sticky). I love it beyond words.

on 1/3/2011 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Best face lotion I have tried. My derm recommended this to me after using Retin A and spironolactone, and my face was getting really dry during the Wisconsin winter. It sinks in really well, and really fast. It doesn't leave any weird feel to my skin, unlike a lot of lotions. There is no smell, and it doesn't clog my pores. It's not so moisturizing that it makes me oily, it just balances my skin perfectly. I cannot imagine a lotion that would work better. The only thing I wish it had was an SPF(and I do realize they make this with an SPF, but I was not a fan of that particular lotion).

on 12/19/2010 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff. It was recommended to me at Murad's clinic after Retinol was drying my face up. Instead of pushing their own products, the Dermatologist told me to use this stuff. It's got great moisture without being heavy. I also use it on my hands because there's no tacky film leftover.

I wish there was SPF in it, and while they have released an SPF version, it's not exactly the same.

on 12/19/2010 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Ok, I tried using this on my face because I know some of you ladies love it. #1, even though I'm combo skin it did nothing to moisturize my drier winter face. #2 within 3 applications of this I noticed tons of blackheads and clogged pores. I'm sure this was the culprit because I was almost blackhead, whitehead free when I started this lotion. I started to look at the ingredients and sure enough, pore cloggers. So I'm using this for my body now and like it for that purpose only whihc is why I'm giving it a 4.

Body lotion=Excellent for moisture retention especially if you layer body oil underneath..I got dry and itchy skin.

Update: Face lotion-Major Pore clogger for me. I now only use it on my body. This gave me serious blackheads, I rarely get those!!!

on 12/10/2010 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this lotion! It's very light on the skin yet still moisturizes very well. It's a bit pricey for a drug store product, I got mine for about $13. But this large bottle does last quite a while, well over a year! So I think it's definitely worth it. Great for using during the summer time because it's not too heavy.

on 12/4/2010 1:10:00 PM

I can't say enough good things about this moisturizer. It's lightweight and it sinks in instantly, doesn't make me feel greasy but moisturizes very well. Sometimes I do have to put on a second coat, but I don't mind that at all.

I'm ending my 4th week of retin-a and I discovered this moisturizer a little over a week ago. Before I started using it I was going through pretty bad sensitivity issues along with red skin and the purging breakouts (all from retin-a). This moisturizer has not only helped the sensitivity in a major way, but it's also helped heal the breakouts I was getting and ease the pain from the cystic acne, and my skin is no longer red. I use this to buffer my retin-a now, and it's working wonderfully.

Before this I was using a mixture of my normal lotion, acnefree green tea moisturizer (which i still think is great but no longer appropriate for my skin) and cetaphil. While the cetaphil doesn't break me out, and it does moisturize, it is a bit too greasy and it also did nothing to actually help the sensitivity or acne.

The turnaround in my skin was noticeable in just a couple days, now going on a week the retin-a no longer causes any sensitivity at all and I haven't had a new breakout since I started using this lotion. AMAZING. So amazing that I went out and bought the hydrating cleanser and am starting to incorporate that into my routine as well.

My boyfriend is also now in love with this lotion. He has been anti-moisturizer since I first met him almost 6 years ago; he hates the greasy feeling most lotions leave him with. This absorbs fast and just makes his skin feel NORMAL. Now I don't have to deal w/ his scaly winter skin anymore.

I wouldn't change a thing about this lotion. I know it doesn't have any antioxidants, but I'm glad about that, if it did then I don't think it would be as calming as it is. Once my retin-a routine has started showing significant results, I plan on incorporating a light antioxidant serum to compliment this lotion.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This was a pretty pricey lotion for drugstore. I saw it on the very bottom of the shelf when I dropped my phone. It looked so plain, I disregarded it. I decided to try it out and I like it just as much as the Aveeno lotion. I hate the bath & body work lotions since the fragrances are stronger than the actual moisturization. CervaVe has no fragrance and it has no greasy feel. Perfect for sensitive skin! I've tried it on my face and it has the same results as the Neutrogena oil-free moisture for combination skin. I couldn't find the lotion with a pump so I was pretty disapppointed in that. But in other words, it's ideal for my skin. I will no repurchase since it will last me for a long time and because I don't want to spend $12 on a drugstore lotion with plain packaging.

on 11/24/2010 9:12:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Most moisturizers work the same for me, however my dermatologist recommended this one (after saying all moisturizers pretty much are the same). I use it several times a day, and it's okay. It takes forever to sink into my skin, and it doesn't really help the tightness & dryness I'm prone to in the winter. Also, about an hour later, my skin will feel the exact same. I'm going to stick with my Dramatically Different lotion - it's pretty much my hg moisturizer..

on 11/23/2010 8:49:00 PM

This is one of my daily moisturizers. I don't like using moisturizer all that much in general, mainly because I don't like my face feeling "wet" but I do use this one at night. It is light, creamy, and absorbs quickly. It also doesn't cause acne (big selling point for me). It is just a great, no frills, moisturizer that does what it says it will do!

If you love fashion just as much as you love beauty, visit my blog: Bird of a Feather. continued >>

on 11/15/2010 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my go-to lotion now. You can't beat ceramides! I even use this as a cold cream to remove makeup and cleanse my face. Doesn't break me out or leave an oily residue. HG!!!