Clinique Liquid Facial Soap - Mild

3.6

water, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium chloride, cocoamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, lauramidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoyl sarconisate, tea-cocoyl glutamate, di-PPG-2 myreth-10 adipate, aloe barbadenis leaf juice, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, sucrose, sodium hyaluronate, cetyl triethylmonium dimethicone PEG-8 succinate, tocopheryl ethyl suddionate ethyldimonium ethosulfate, butylene glycol, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), hexylene glycol, polyquaternium-7, laureth-2, caprilyl glycol, sodium sulfate, EDTA, disodium EDTA, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol

I think this facial soap really is a waste. I just think that Clinique puts too many darn steps into treating the face. I mean using this facial soap along with another makeup cleanser for the face? This facial soap really doesn't do much for my face. I feel like I'm just using regular soap on my face. Clinique has too many steps for their treatment. I just wish they would just make a cleanser that cleanses dead skin cells, removes makeup, and hydrates/balances the skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this is garbage! the entire 3 step is garbage and overpriced for what it does...this soap made my face too dry. Will not buy again!

i think ive just resigned myself to the fact that clinique skincare products do not work well on me, with the exception of three items which are, strangely enough, HG status (for those of you dying of curiosity -- all about eyes rich, mild clarifying lotion, and superdefense spf 25 in the normal/oily formulation). everything else has caused me to break out.

i bought this cleanser together with the DDMG and returned the moisturizer because it was causing me to break out. well, lo and behold, a month goes by and im still breaking out. the cause? this cleanser. unfortunately ive lost the receipt AND the macys sticker came off since i kept the cleanser in my shower, so im going to have to use this up as... hand soap. yep. pricey, pricey hand soap. it did everything it was supposed to do: clean my face, remove makeup, smell relatively nice. too bad it also made me break out. my face is now full of acne discoloration marks. *sigh* so lame. continued >>

So, I've been using this face wash for about a year and a half. I have combination skin (oily nose, normal/dry everywhere else). At first, I was over the moon about it - it created a nice, mild cooling sensation when lathered, cleaned off my mineral foundation just fine, and really seemed to clear out my pores without making my cheeks a "this-face-wash-is-too-harsh," rosacea-ish red. It quickly became my HG, and I've used it religiously ever since.

Over the last couple of months, however, my skin has become sensitive to something in this cleanser (I suspect the sodium laurel sulfate) and I get little red bumps all over my forehead after I wash my face. During the day, the bumps and redness slowly go away, then reappear when I wash again with it at night. Seems like contact dermatitis. :(

I'm almost out of my latest bottle, and I won't be repurchasing (which makes me sad to have to write, because this cleanser has been a good friend to my face). Overall, if you have combo skin (and large pores) like me, give this formula a try (ask for a sample) - you may really like it. The bottle is $14.50, I think, but using one pump, twice a day, it lasts me 3-4 months. However, be aware that it's certainly possible to have a reaction to the ingredients; that has been my experience with the Clinique line as a whole.

UPDATE 5/12/11: I repurchased. And repurchased again. And then, when you guys weren't looking, I repurchased AGAIN. This really does have HG status for me. Turns out that I developed food allergies, not Clinique allergies, so ignore all that stuff up there. However, I've tried, oh, every cleanser on the market, so why is this one HG? Because, for my skin at least, I wash my face, gently massaging it into my skin, and it literally lifts out sebum plugs. Yeah, you know, those gross, hard little oily things that clog your pores until they causes zits or become blackheads. I used to have blackheads all over my nose - not anymore. And it works immediately, during the first wash. I got my bf to use it on his face (he's a very meh-soap-and-water-is-fine kind of guy) and it lifted all of his blackheads instantly. Freaked him out a little, actually.

I know. It's weird. If I were you, I'd be reading this and going "Riiiiight. Sure." But for me (and my fella), this stuff really is great. It CAN be a little drying, but my skin is combo so I tolerate it and moisturize a little extra when I need to. If you're intrigued, grab a sample at Sephora. It's free and will last you a few washes; maybe you'll have the same luck I did - you never know :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

i have been using this product for about 3 weeks and i will say it doesn't help or damage my skin. it cleans it effectively, hasn't contributed to break outs or blemishes. my skin feels very clean and healthy after using this product and it is mild enough to not give me dry patches. i like the oily skin formula better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used to use this and love it. It worked great for awhile, then my skin became immuned to it or something....b/c I started becoming oily and breaking out.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

gave me a terrible break out but it works well for my sister i deffinatly will never bother with this or the three step again don't believe the hype

I bought this on the recommendation of Paula B's site. I can't believe someone said Cetaphil is better. NO WAY! This cleans much better. Cetaphil regular never took my make-up off, and the oily skin Cetaphil was a bit harsh. Of course Clinique is dermatologist tested! I thought everyone knows that (not that it really means anything). Not a fan of the '3 step' but I do like this, and the mild toner. I've already bought it several times. It's great to get when they have gwp's, or when you want free shipping on clinique site, with little gwp's. It's not cheap, but it works out when you have the gwp's. It's certainly not expensive, and you only need a little at a time. Lasts a long time. I want to add: Paula B does like one of the Olay sensitive skin cleansers also. I just bought it on sale the other day, and was surprised to find it's the same size as the Clinique (I think 6.7 oz). The Olay was under $ 4.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Let me preface this by saying I have never paid money for this product. Clinique gives this stuff out with practically every Bonus Time they have, so I seem to have a never-ending supply. I think it's just ok. I use it mainly in the mornings to waken up my skin, not really as a makeup remover.

Benefits:
It doesn't sting, irritate, or dry out my skin at all. For a soap that's impressive.
It works well in gently cleansing and degreasing my face.
Rinses off with no residue.

Drawbacks:
I don't feel like it's actually doing anything beneficial long term, which I look for in a cleanser.
It doesn't prevent breakouts.

I wouldn't say I would buy this again, but I would use it if Clinique gives it out as a freebie!

This is a good product but I don't think it is the best out there. I think you can save your money and buy Cetaphil, it is dermatoligist designed, tested and approved. Where I understand people have skin issue and they are just happy to find a product that doesn't make there skin go haywire so Clinique is a brand that most will try. I also have a tendency to believe that Clinique favors clients with oily complexions. This cleanser is a detergent, it creates suds, I believe in cleaning the skin but not stripping it. I am not a huge fan of this product when my skin is running dry but it has worked better when it is running normal.
Again I am not saying anything against Clinique because I have used them in the past and have some of their products to this day. What I am saying if budget is tight or even if you have money to spend why not get your dollar's worth of a product that does the same or better job as a more costly and less volume product.
If I get a GWP or sample of this I will use it or give to my daughter for use otherwise I will stick with Cetaphil.