January 25, 2015 | 1055 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Mild

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2009 1:17:00 PM More reviews by xprincessxamandax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

gave me a terrible break out but it works well for my sister i deffinatly will never bother with this or the three step again don't believe the hype

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 5:16:00 AM More reviews by mmurphy22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on the recommendation of Paula B's site. I can't believe someone said Cetaphil is better. NO WAY! This cleans much better. Cetaphil regular never took my make-up off, and the oily skin Cetaphil was a bit harsh. Of course Clinique is dermatologist tested! I thought everyone knows that (not that it really means anything). Not a fan of the '3 step' but I do like this, and the mild toner. I've already bought it several times. It's great to get when they have gwp's, or when you want free shipping on clinique site, with little gwp's. It's not cheap, but it works out when you have the gwp's. It's certainly not expensive, and you only need a little at a time. Lasts a long time. I want to add: Paula B does like one of the Olay sensitive skin cleansers also. I just bought it on sale the other day, and was surprised to find it's the same size as the Clinique (I think 6.7 oz). The Olay was under $ 4.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me preface this by saying I have never paid money for this product. Clinique gives this stuff out with practically every Bonus Time they have, so I seem to have a never-ending supply. I think it's just ok. I use it mainly in the mornings to waken up my skin, not really as a makeup remover.

Benefits:
It doesn't sting, irritate, or dry out my skin at all. For a soap that's impressive.
It works well in gently cleansing and degreasing my face.
Rinses off with no residue.

Drawbacks:
I don't feel like it's actually doing anything beneficial long term, which I look for in a cleanser.
It doesn't prevent breakouts.

I wouldn't say I would buy this again, but I would use it if Clinique gives it out as a freebie!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Borntobeblonde

This is a good product but I don't think it is the best out there. I think you can save your money and buy Cetaphil, it is dermatoligist designed, tested and approved. Where I understand people have skin issue and they are just happy to find a product that doesn't make there skin go haywire so Clinique is a brand that most will try. I also have a tendency to believe that Clinique favors clients with oily complexions. This cleanser is a detergent, it creates suds, I believe in cleaning the skin but not stripping it. I am not a huge fan of this product when my skin is running dry but it has worked better when it is running normal.
Again I am not saying anything against Clinique because I have used them in the past and have some of their products to this day. What I am saying if budget is tight or even if you have money to spend why not get your dollar's worth of a product that does the same or better job as a more costly and less volume product.
If I get a GWP or sample of this I will use it or give to my daughter for use otherwise I will stick with Cetaphil.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2009 3:34:00 AM More reviews by rachelgraeff

I love this stuff!! I have only started using it about a month ago, but Im in love. First off, my skin is combination. My cheeks are dry while my t-zone is oily. This cleanser doesn't make my face feel tight at all. It feels very soothed afterwards. And my face feels soo smooth, I only use my apricot scrub once a week now!! Definitely give this a try!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2009 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Kayraven

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've got this as a tester in a store. As I am by far not a Clinique fan I was glad to find a surprisingly a good cleanser among their products. It kept my skin fresh and non-oily throughout the whole day and the skin was really comfortable with it. Didn't dry out the skin, as I was afraid. The smell is also very pleasant: fresh and discreet. Also, this seems quite gentle so extra bonus. However, I do think it's a bit too overrated and overpriced since cheaper cleansers could do just as well and sometimes better. So I don't think I'd ever buy this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by artemis513

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I've been using this cleanser for about a year, or almost a year, and I am still using the same bottle I bought a year ago. I use 1/2 pump for my face and it is not drying. Cleanses well without irritating the skin. I recently bought a Clinique makeup remover, and have noticed that the liquid soap actually puts moisture back into my combination skin after using such a strong makeup remover. It is reasonably priced, since you need so little to get the job done. I tried using the whole 3-step line but this is the only part of it that agrees with my sensitive, finicky combination skin. Will definitely re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by hadeutsch

it's so gut, i have no problem with my skin until i found it. although it doesn't smell, but cheap and the most important ist my skin ist healthy.
update: its too harsh and makes my skin dry out, although i have a combi skin.
But next time i will by the version for dry skin. haha
because it's cheap and prevent me from acnes

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by julevasquez

I have switched to mostly Clinique mostly because of the fragrance free factor. I have found while other cleansers may do as well as this, my skin cannot take all the added fragrance other brands put into their products. I do love this cleanser. It feels great on the skin, I feel clean, not stripped. **Does not remove makeup, so you do need to use a makeup remover 1st**

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by bettyjay

I've been using this soap for about two months now. It hasn't caused any breakouts (but I'm not prone to them anyway). On the other hand, I'm not sure it works any better than the cheaper facial cleanser I was using before I switched. If you have normal skin that stays mostly clear this product will probably work for you, but you could probably find something cheaper that would work just as well.