October 24, 2014 | 1215 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Mild

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2009 6:48:00 AM More reviews by formerfatty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is just a mild detergent like washing up liquid. It's very basic and there is no joy in using it, no nice scent or anything.
I use this to wash my make up brushes.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by MILLER2607

I bought the 3 step starter kit. I loved it at first. My skin looked brighter, but unfortunately right after I bought the entire set in the full size bottles and spent $80...it started drying my skin out. I can't use the toner more than once per week and this cleanser dries my face out so much. I asked the salesperson about this, maybe I should use Type I, but she said to continue with Type II. My skin feels so tight, not firm, and I can feel it pull when I smile. I don't know what to do, switch to Type I anyway or just discontinue using it all together. The Clinique woman said to buy one of their extra moisturizing lotions to use in combination with the Type II 3 step. I think she just wanted me to spend more money, but I'm considering taking it all back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by iwannabeakennedy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Three step is what I use, and I have combo skin leaning toward oily. This cleanser makes my face feel clean and refreshed. Also, non irritating and non scented, which is very good. However, the packaging is lacking as I find one pump a lot to clean my face, maybe half a pump is sufficient. Overall, great product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I have sensitive, combination-to-oily, acne-prone skin. Even though this cleanser is supposed to be mild it still left my skin feeling a bit dry afterwards. I think it is an ok cleanser, nothing special though. I do not plan on re-purchasing it again.

It also has a slight scent to it, even though it is fragrance free.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by mainshing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

At last, I may have found my HG cleanser! This one's nice and gentle, non-drying and still leaves your face feeling clean. Even after only a few uses, I've noticed an immediate improvement. One pump goes a long way, the dispenser has a lock making it handy for traveling, and the price is fairly reasonable (for the department stores you find it in anyway). Definitely recommended and will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by caytoe06

I really like this cleanser! It always leaves my face feeling clean and refreshed. There are a couple of reasons why I gave it a 4 and not a 5. First of all, it does not remove all of my makeup if I wear a long-wearing foundation, so I have to use a separate cleanser for that which is just a huge pain and too time consuming. Second of all, I have oily skin and use this mild version and find it to be drying enough for me, so if you have dry skin it may be a little too harsh for your liking. But overall, this is the best facial soap I have tried so far and I am sticking to it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this cleanser for my oily yet dehydrated acne prone skin. I know the Clinique SA's will tell you to use a separate makeup remover prior to washing with this, but who wants to do that, and besides...it isn't necessary as this always removes my makeup. I use the mild facial soap and then Clinique's Acne Solutions moisturizer and my skin is balanced and clear! I also have sensitive skin that easily drys out or becomes irritated, and this facial soap never causes any redness or irritation. And this is reasonably priced, like most of Clinique's products.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2008 10:25:00 PM More reviews by trintinwin

I've been using this for a couple years and it never fails to take off all of my makeup and always makes my skin feel very clean and fresh. I like the consistency and it lathers up very well for a single pump of the product. I do recommend the mild version over the oily skin version because that one can leave your skin slightly tight and dry if you use it daily.It is safe to use several times daily followed by a light moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by deliah008

I like well enough to rebuy, but have to say it's not my HG. It is cheap (compared to Bliss and Ren) and it does work. It sometimes can be a little drying, but I've found that using this before I extract blackheads makes the extraction much easier.

Follow up with a moisturizer immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2008 7:45:00 PM More reviews by ooohsparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love it. surpisngly less drying than the extra mild bar. works well for my sensitive breakout prone skin. gentle no frills cleanser (which i've learned is best for when i use topical acne meds. -tazorac, bha)

use this morning and/or night depending on when i take my shower (which is where i keep it)
love it. i have a small sample tube that has lasted me awhile ... you only need a little bit! will repurchase full size.