Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Ppg-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Polysorbate 20, Peg-16 Soy Sterol, Citric Acid, Feverfew Extract, Soybean Protein, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Sarcosine, Potassium Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Coco Pg-Dimonium Chloride, Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Tetrasodium Edta, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide

on 7/24/2008 9:01:00 AM

Love the ease of the pump bottle and this product was better than some--it didn't leave my sensitive skin feeling red and painful like some cleansing products--but my skin did feel dry afterward. It's a no-go for me.

on 7/22/2008 8:23:00 PM

Another disappointing product from Aveeno. The last time I'll buy anything made by them. This burns my skins (I have rosacea) and made it dry, even in summer.

on 7/3/2008 5:57:00 PM

This cleanser totally calms down the redness, but think it might be breaking me out. It does feel good after washing, but the 2 huge zits are scaring me a little.

EDIT: After throwing this away, I started using the EVOO makeup cleanser method, honey mask, cetaphil bar, and then ROC Activpur. This method 100% cleared up my skin within a week! It feels soft and looks better than it has in a while.

on 6/27/2008 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I'm in love with this product. I am on my 2nd bottle, and it has been my daily makeup remover/cleanser for about 4 months. I love that it removes all traces of makeup without making my face feel dry or tight. I have had this problem with makeup removers designed for oily skin. On the contrary, my skin is soft and supple after I'm done. I wet my face with warm water, spread a couple of pumps of the foam on my skin, then take my baby hairbrush (fabulous tip from acne.org) and gently scrub in a circular motion. Rinse and pat dry with a fresh paper towel. Voila! Not a trace of makeup on the towel. The best part is that it does nothing to irritate my crazy acne-prone, oil-slick-with-dry-patches skin. I don't really know about the calming part, but just the fact that it doesn't cause breakouts is good enough for me.

on 6/19/2008 6:47:00 AM

I will be returning this product immediately! I was really hoping I would like it, too, so I am very disappointed. It made my skin red and dry. The only good thing I have to say about this is that it does have a clean, refreshing smell. Quite possibly the worst cleanser ever!

on 6/17/2008 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm on my second bottle. Just love this foamy face wash. It has improved my skin tone and helped with blackheads I got from using Garnier Nutritionist Detoxifying Gel. I will continue to use this as long as it's available.

on 6/9/2008 12:56:00 PM

I bought this cleanser after perusing Dr. Baumann's book. I have moderately oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin and used Eucerin's Gentle Hydrating Cleanser for a while but wanted to give this one a try because it is free of sulfates. Even though I have oily skin most cleansers leave my face feeling tight and dry. This cleanser leaves my face feeling clean and soft, never tight, dry, or irritated. I love how it is fluffy, foamy and easy to distribute. I always pre-cleanse and remove makeup with Cetaphil and a fragrance- and alcohol-free baby wipe so I cannot testify as to how well this cleanser removes makeup. So far, it does not seem to be causing or contributing to breakouts. It would be nice if there was also a smaller size for travel but that is no big deal. Overall I am very satisfied and plan to continue using this cleanser and possibly trying some of the other Ultra Calming products from the line.

on 6/4/2008 7:53:00 PM

After using this cleanser for about four months, I can honestly say it is my favorite drugstore cleanser for my sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin (others that I have tried and found comparable include Cetaphil normal/oily, Olay foaming sensitive, and Eucerin gentle hydrating). I like the fact that it has a self-foaming pump, which allows me to better control the amount I use, but kind of sucks for travel. I also appreciate that it is unscented, although it does have that typical "playdough" aroma, which I don't find particularly bothersome. It does the best job of removing makeup without stripping of any cleanser I've tried. I'm not sure I've noticed any "calming" effects, but it has not caused or contributed to any irritation or breakouts. Please keep in mind that I have VERY oily skin - I feel that this cleanser would probably be too drying long-term for those with combo or dry skin.

on 5/28/2008 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a decent product. Very gentle, definitely reduces redness. I did have occasional dryness, but overall not bad. I like the foaming action, but the pump did stop working properly after a while. The price is affordable, especially compared to the Origins products I typically buy (Checks and Balances foaming face wash). I've bought this product three times now and will continue (unless I have the extra money to splurge on Origins :).

I love this stuff! It feels so cool when you rub it on your face!It made my face feel cool and fresh. All ym teeny pimple shrunk and if i just brushed them with ym figer then fell off! magical! Buy this stuff you guys! IT RULES!