July 28, 2014 | 2059 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Sarah613

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser, I'm really glad I bought it and didn't listen to the reviews on here or else I would have really missed out!
I have acne prone skin that is oily but at the same time very dry in areas. I guess maybe a lot of the dryness comes from my arsenal of acne products and over the winter I noticed that my skin was a lot more irritated and red (may have also been from trying a new mineral makeup). I started using this and the redness and dryness went away. I think it does a great job of cleansing and doesn't leave my skin tight or dry. I only use this in the morning though so I don't really know if it does a great job of removing makeup.
Overall if you have skin like mine: easily irritated, prone to acne, dry but at the same time oily, then give this a try!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 5:19:00 PM More reviews by dancergurl630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent cleanser. Doesn't leave my skin tight or dry. I love love love this cleanser. Gentle enough on my eczema!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I love my Garnier and other cleansers, but lately my skin has been turning pink after every wash. I wanted something that is fragrance free and this seemed to fit the bill. I like the light, foamy mousse like consistency of this cleanser. It really does a thorough job of washing away all traces of makeup and dirt and leaves my skin looking great. So far no complaints with this at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by jumpsnoopy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to have extremely low maintenance skin when I was younger, and when I started breaking out frequently a few years ago, I started in with a slew of harsh acne treatments that, in the long run, worked minimally and dried my skin out horribly. I did some research and realized that cleansers are meant to CLEANSE, not TREAT, and by using harsh cleansers plus harsh treatments, I wasnít doing myself any favors Ė what resulted was tight, itchy skin that was beginning to look aged and lined (plus I still had some acne). I looked around for a cleanser that would be gentle, non-irritating and sulfate-free and found this, and itís been just what I was looking for. It only takes a pump or two to clean my entire face (I donít wear foundation, so I donít have to worry about removing that), but it does take off eye makeup well. I use this in conjunction with the Olay daily facial cloths (I rinse the cleanser off those first, then squirt some of this on the cloth), and it rinses clean easily Ė no need for scrubbing or rinsing for 10 minutes to make sure itís all off. My skin isnít peeling or flaky anymore, and the irritation seems to be gone. I am really loving the whole Aveeno line.

EDIT: I used this for years thinking it was keeping me from breaking out with more intense acne than I had. Turns out it was also keeping me from clearing the small bumps I did have. I've switched to Neutrogena's Pink Grapefruit Cream Cleanser and have finally eradicated the bumps. Wish I had known sooner that this cleanser is not all it's cracked up to be.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2008 12:26:00 AM More reviews by zvhawkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this cleanser yesterday and have used it three times so far and love it already. I enjoy using a foaming cleanser on my face and this one is particularly gentle and not drying at all, yet is helping me maintain a flawless complexion.

I like that it is not strongly scented - this is true for all Aveeno products I have used. It feels healthy and I believe it's working. Will report back more later...but for now I am quite happy with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2008 2:09:00 PM More reviews by StellarPrincess

Ok. Here's a snapshot of my skin:
1. Angry
2. Red (I have rosacea)
3. Oily oily oily
4. Acne-prone

Fun!
lol...

Aveeno's ultra-calming foaming cleanser has been a great cleanser for me. I've been using it about a week and I have noticed that my skin is less red and irritated. I really like how it's soap-free and really makes my skin feel nice when im done using it. It would not be good for someone who is really dry as I am oily and it definitley takes the oil off my skin. It doesn't do a great job with taking off my makeup, so I use the nutrogena makup removing wipes all over my face, first (then again, I use estee lauder double wear which is like steel makeup). Then, when I follow with this cleanser, my skin feels fresh and clean and CALM. I'd be interested to try the other products in this line, and it's reasonably priced! HORRAY!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by fakepalindromes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I switched to the Ultra-Calming for the winter, because I thought my old standby, the Clear Complexion cleanser, would be too harsh. Well, this cleanser definitely wasn't harsh or drying. In fact, it didn't seem to have a lot of cleansing power at all. It did help a little with some redness on my cheeks and the bridge of my nose. However, I did notice more breakouts, and when my skin was really irritated and bumpy, as it gets sometimes (especially when I've been sick, as one often is in the winter), this cleanser didn't help and may have even made the situation worse. I ended up switching back to Clear Complexion, and even though it doesn't help with the winter dry patches, it does a better job of calming down the more seriously uneven and angry spots on my face. The Ultra-Calming foam is great if you need a cleanser that is as gentle as possible and if you don't need to worry about getting your face super-clean. Folks with combination skin like mine, even if it's a little sensitive, may want to look elsewhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by disorientedspoon

I wanted to try something new from my Purpose cleanser so I switched over to this one.. The packaging is really good. I like how it has a pump and I can just pump it and nice foam comes out, good application for the face.

However, does this cleanser actually DO anything? I know my face is a bit cleaner and softer after using it but I feel like it isn't really doing anything for my face! I don't feel super clean..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love hand soaps that foam up as they come out of the pump, so I was interested in trying the same concept in a facial cleanser. I have to say that I'm not quite so fond of foamed-up facial cleanser, mostly because it isn't convenient for traveling. I like to be able to decant my facial cleanser into a small container for traveling, and that's not an option with this cleanser. Performance-wise, this is a very, very gentle cleanser. It's so mild that I wouldn't dream of asking it to remove makeup and sunscreen. So I've been using in the morning, but it seems to be too gentle even as a morning cleansiner for me because it seems to leave a film which I think is causing my skin to break out. I will not repurchase.
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Ppg-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Polysorbate 20, Peg-16 Soy Sterol, Citric Acid, Feverfew Extract, Soybean Protein, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Sarcosine, Potassium Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Coco Pg-Dimonium Chloride, Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Tetrasodium Edta, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide. continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by ashytaylor

I really like this cleanser it works well I guess. But sometimes it doesn't feel like it is actually cleaning my face like other cleansers I've tried. I have combination skin (I have dry cheeks)