September 16, 2014 | 1190 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2008 3:55:00 PM More reviews by ksbkd00

I wanted to like this cleanser. But my skin did not like it. My HG cleanser (Makeup Removing Cleanser from Clean&Clear) was discontinued. So I was looking for a sulfate-free gentle cleanser and picked up this one. I don't know why it is called "ultra-calming" and "non-irritating". It made my sensitive, combination skin worse. It dried out the dry patches and broke me out in oily zones. I will use it to clean my makeup brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by hiddencat

I really like this- my skin de-reddens faster after washing with this than other cleansers I use- I'm betting it has nothing to do with the minuscule amounts of feverfew and more to do with the fact that it's just very gentle.

I find it removes makeup and sunscreen just fine (well, not shiseido 55, but that's asking a lot of a cleanser). It's ever so slightly drying for me, but most cleansers are a bit more drying or non-drying but irritating so I'm ok with it. As it's gotten warmer it's stopped being drying at all so I think it'll be a great summer cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Rebee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this cleanser. I have very sensitive skin and mild rosacea. I have combination skin and break out on my jawline and t-zone. This cleanser does great - cleans well but does not dry out my skin. However, I do have to remove my eye makeup first. Love the light texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Steph84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great cleanser for anyone with sensitive skin. It does not irritate my skin at all and it removes most of my makeup. I gave the packaging a 2 because after awhile the pump gets stuck and does not "spring up". I've repurchased this a few times already and will continue to buy and use. My skin type: Sensitive and Combination (oily in t-zone and dry on cheeks), occasional breakouts in t-zone and jaw line.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by tideturns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

uh... no thanks. it did not really cleanse my face- and did nothing to calm down my skin... i like the pump on the bottle but thats about the only thing i liked.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Sarah613

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser, I'm really glad I bought it and didn't listen to the reviews on here or else I would have really missed out!
I have acne prone skin that is oily but at the same time very dry in areas. I guess maybe a lot of the dryness comes from my arsenal of acne products and over the winter I noticed that my skin was a lot more irritated and red (may have also been from trying a new mineral makeup). I started using this and the redness and dryness went away. I think it does a great job of cleansing and doesn't leave my skin tight or dry. I only use this in the morning though so I don't really know if it does a great job of removing makeup.
Overall if you have skin like mine: easily irritated, prone to acne, dry but at the same time oily, then give this a try!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 5:19:00 PM More reviews by dancergurl630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent cleanser. Doesn't leave my skin tight or dry. I love love love this cleanser. Gentle enough on my eczema!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I love my Garnier and other cleansers, but lately my skin has been turning pink after every wash. I wanted something that is fragrance free and this seemed to fit the bill. I like the light, foamy mousse like consistency of this cleanser. It really does a thorough job of washing away all traces of makeup and dirt and leaves my skin looking great. So far no complaints with this at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by jumpsnoopy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to have extremely low maintenance skin when I was younger, and when I started breaking out frequently a few years ago, I started in with a slew of harsh acne treatments that, in the long run, worked minimally and dried my skin out horribly. I did some research and realized that cleansers are meant to CLEANSE, not TREAT, and by using harsh cleansers plus harsh treatments, I wasnít doing myself any favors Ė what resulted was tight, itchy skin that was beginning to look aged and lined (plus I still had some acne). I looked around for a cleanser that would be gentle, non-irritating and sulfate-free and found this, and itís been just what I was looking for. It only takes a pump or two to clean my entire face (I donít wear foundation, so I donít have to worry about removing that), but it does take off eye makeup well. I use this in conjunction with the Olay daily facial cloths (I rinse the cleanser off those first, then squirt some of this on the cloth), and it rinses clean easily Ė no need for scrubbing or rinsing for 10 minutes to make sure itís all off. My skin isnít peeling or flaky anymore, and the irritation seems to be gone. I am really loving the whole Aveeno line.

EDIT: I used this for years thinking it was keeping me from breaking out with more intense acne than I had. Turns out it was also keeping me from clearing the small bumps I did have. I've switched to Neutrogena's Pink Grapefruit Cream Cleanser and have finally eradicated the bumps. Wish I had known sooner that this cleanser is not all it's cracked up to be.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2008 12:26:00 AM More reviews by zvhawkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this cleanser yesterday and have used it three times so far and love it already. I enjoy using a foaming cleanser on my face and this one is particularly gentle and not drying at all, yet is helping me maintain a flawless complexion.

I like that it is not strongly scented - this is true for all Aveeno products I have used. It feels healthy and I believe it's working. Will report back more later...but for now I am quite happy with it!