October 22, 2014 | 1052 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 12:18:00 AM More reviews by rxpatient

I love this facial cleanser. I always like to try something new but continually go back to 'old faithful'. I find that not only is it gentle on my sensitive skin, it cleans very well and leaves my face feeling fresh and moisturized. My only issue is the price since here (in Canada) it is almost twice as much as it is in the states, so I always wait until I go there to stock up. Very good, I recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by SacredMoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I used this as my regular cleanser for many months.
I liked that it removed make-up very easily, and completely. It also did not irritate my skin with any of the ingredients.
However, after months of use I realized how dry my skin was every time I used it. Yes, it was clean. But also very very dry, and tight.

I think this may work better for someone with oily skin, but for my dry skin this is no HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2008 11:09:00 AM More reviews by scarletwine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a big fan of this product. After I developed a sudden and strange allergy/irritation from my trusty Cetaphil cleanser, I was frantic to find something that was equally as gentile. I was skeptical because of the bottle, which is a little gimmicky, but I actually really like the foaming pump. I don't think it does anything to improve the cleanser, per se, but it turns a very thin liquid into a nice foam that's easy to apply. And I'm really pleased with how it works-- it's a little more effective cleansing-wise than the cetaphil, and only a tiny bit more drying, nothing that light moisturizer can't help. It works well in conjunction with the AHA, BHA, and Benzoyl Peroxide products that I use; it doesn't seem to clog pores or interfere with them at all. I don't know if it "soothes" more or less than any other product, but I was attracted to it for its lack of "extra" ingredients-- nothing that rips out acne, gives you a so-called "radiant glow" or claims to stop time. And it worked well for me-- two months of use and no irritation, no more or less breakouts, and its good for my crazy acne-prone, eczema-ridden, combination skin.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2008 1:51:00 AM More reviews by MaryFran

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted a super gentle cleanser and got it in this product. My derm was happy I was using this when she broke the news to me that I have rosacea. Never over dries or irritates. Even during super dry desert winters.

I have two issues. One is the packaging. Great for sitting on the cabinet shelf but STINKS for travel. I hated traveling with this container. The other issue is totally on me. I'm trying to cut back on the chemicals in my cleansers, and I'd like to find a more "natural" cleanser. I'll be repurchasing this gem until I find a comparably gentle natural cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 4:48:00 AM More reviews by danger_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this cleanser on my face every day. It makes my face clean and soft. I love that it is a foam. I've used other cleansers like Dove and Neutrogena but they've all left my face feeling tight.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2008 3:55:00 PM More reviews by ksbkd00

I wanted to like this cleanser. But my skin did not like it. My HG cleanser (Makeup Removing Cleanser from Clean&Clear) was discontinued. So I was looking for a sulfate-free gentle cleanser and picked up this one. I don't know why it is called "ultra-calming" and "non-irritating". It made my sensitive, combination skin worse. It dried out the dry patches and broke me out in oily zones. I will use it to clean my makeup brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by hiddencat

I really like this- my skin de-reddens faster after washing with this than other cleansers I use- I'm betting it has nothing to do with the minuscule amounts of feverfew and more to do with the fact that it's just very gentle.

I find it removes makeup and sunscreen just fine (well, not shiseido 55, but that's asking a lot of a cleanser). It's ever so slightly drying for me, but most cleansers are a bit more drying or non-drying but irritating so I'm ok with it. As it's gotten warmer it's stopped being drying at all so I think it'll be a great summer cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Rebee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this cleanser. I have very sensitive skin and mild rosacea. I have combination skin and break out on my jawline and t-zone. This cleanser does great - cleans well but does not dry out my skin. However, I do have to remove my eye makeup first. Love the light texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Steph84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great cleanser for anyone with sensitive skin. It does not irritate my skin at all and it removes most of my makeup. I gave the packaging a 2 because after awhile the pump gets stuck and does not "spring up". I've repurchased this a few times already and will continue to buy and use. My skin type: Sensitive and Combination (oily in t-zone and dry on cheeks), occasional breakouts in t-zone and jaw line.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by tideturns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

uh... no thanks. it did not really cleanse my face- and did nothing to calm down my skin... i like the pump on the bottle but thats about the only thing i liked.