April 23, 2014 | 1457 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2008 2:09:00 PM More reviews by StellarPrincess

Ok. Here's a snapshot of my skin:
1. Angry
2. Red (I have rosacea)
3. Oily oily oily
4. Acne-prone

Fun!
lol...

Aveeno's ultra-calming foaming cleanser has been a great cleanser for me. I've been using it about a week and I have noticed that my skin is less red and irritated. I really like how it's soap-free and really makes my skin feel nice when im done using it. It would not be good for someone who is really dry as I am oily and it definitley takes the oil off my skin. It doesn't do a great job with taking off my makeup, so I use the nutrogena makup removing wipes all over my face, first (then again, I use estee lauder double wear which is like steel makeup). Then, when I follow with this cleanser, my skin feels fresh and clean and CALM. I'd be interested to try the other products in this line, and it's reasonably priced! HORRAY!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by fakepalindromes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I switched to the Ultra-Calming for the winter, because I thought my old standby, the Clear Complexion cleanser, would be too harsh. Well, this cleanser definitely wasn't harsh or drying. In fact, it didn't seem to have a lot of cleansing power at all. It did help a little with some redness on my cheeks and the bridge of my nose. However, I did notice more breakouts, and when my skin was really irritated and bumpy, as it gets sometimes (especially when I've been sick, as one often is in the winter), this cleanser didn't help and may have even made the situation worse. I ended up switching back to Clear Complexion, and even though it doesn't help with the winter dry patches, it does a better job of calming down the more seriously uneven and angry spots on my face. The Ultra-Calming foam is great if you need a cleanser that is as gentle as possible and if you don't need to worry about getting your face super-clean. Folks with combination skin like mine, even if it's a little sensitive, may want to look elsewhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by disorientedspoon

I wanted to try something new from my Purpose cleanser so I switched over to this one.. The packaging is really good. I like how it has a pump and I can just pump it and nice foam comes out, good application for the face.

However, does this cleanser actually DO anything? I know my face is a bit cleaner and softer after using it but I feel like it isn't really doing anything for my face! I don't feel super clean..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love hand soaps that foam up as they come out of the pump, so I was interested in trying the same concept in a facial cleanser. I have to say that I'm not quite so fond of foamed-up facial cleanser, mostly because it isn't convenient for traveling. I like to be able to decant my facial cleanser into a small container for traveling, and that's not an option with this cleanser. Performance-wise, this is a very, very gentle cleanser. It's so mild that I wouldn't dream of asking it to remove makeup and sunscreen. So I've been using in the morning, but it seems to be too gentle even as a morning cleansiner for me because it seems to leave a film which I think is causing my skin to break out. I will not repurchase.
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Ppg-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Polysorbate 20, Peg-16 Soy Sterol, Citric Acid, Feverfew Extract, Soybean Protein, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Sarcosine, Potassium Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Coco Pg-Dimonium Chloride, Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Tetrasodium Edta, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide. continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by ashytaylor

I really like this cleanser it works well I guess. But sometimes it doesn't feel like it is actually cleaning my face like other cleansers I've tried. I have combination skin (I have dry cheeks)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Chrisskins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Terribly drying. So "calming" it caused my face to peel after two uses. It was also too drying for my teenage sons. Crazy. Anyway, no exaggeration, my face looked YEARS OLDER after using this. A Maggie Mae/morning sun moment. Has scared me off the whole line.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by gingingingin20

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the others who say that the name is misleading because this really dried out my face and it made other products I use sting. YUCK. The only reason I gave it 1 lippie was because I like the foam application. I should know better than to buy something on impulse before reading MUA.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by kuby007

This is a great cleanser. I use it night and day and my face feels very clean after I use it. I've read that it's too gentle to remove all makeup for some people, but for me it takes off everything (albeit I don't wear much makeup- only a bit of foundation). It is a little bit drying and I have to make sure to tone and moisturize right after. Overall, really great product and I highly recommend it to people who suffer from sensitive acne-prone skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by xieanthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked the packaging. It was easy to dispense and use.

However, it irritated my rosacea badly. After using it my face was much redder, dry and irritated. YMMV but I cannot recommend this for diagnosed rosacea, even though my dermatologist recommended it. I have since gone back to my high-school age standby, good old Noxema for sensitive skin, and my skin is much happier.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2008 1:02:00 PM More reviews by bettyellen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have roseaca and since I have been using this, my skin has calmed down considerably. It works at least as well as the 60$ (with insurance!!) stuff my dermo recommended.
In general, I'm looking a lot less red and blotchy. Outbreaks have become rare and my skin looks a lot more normal. It does feel dryng, but I'm going to moisturise anyway- so no biggie there.