MAC Satin - Club

4.4

on 11/18/2007 6:46:00 PM

Why did I wait so long to buy this??? I have been in love with Moth Brown for months and this is just like it only green, lol. Just beautiful. I know I'm going to have lots of fun with this one.

on 11/17/2007 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite e/s, period. It's so versatile and flattering for my green eyes. I don't find it to be as red in the base as Blue Brown pigment, or as earwaxy brown in the base as Green Brown pigment; it's a nice brownish taupe that can even just be worn as a crease color with a nude shadow. I do love it layered over black or dark brown gel liner to bring out the green/teal shimmer. It's nice over liner over the whole lid and then blended up for a sultry and edgy smokey eye, and also just smudged over winged liner. I like it with Retrospeck, Naked Lunch, and also the lighter shade of the Family SIlver duo. Will repurchase for sure.

on 11/10/2007 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I am in the minority but I dont like this color at all. This looks like the pressed version of green/brown pigment, which I am also not a fan of. It just makes me look bruised and muddy I suspect due to the undertones which come out a bit too brassy on my nc45 skintone. I also found this shadow chalkier than the other 1,000 mac e/s I own.

on 11/9/2007 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in the Warm Eyes palette from 2007 holiday and I had to review it...it's gorgeous...I pair it w/ Retrospeck but it's incredibly versatile and so gorgeous. I never thought I could pull this off because a. I don't really do brown e/s and b. I thought it was redder than it actually is, but in reality it's very flattering and easy to blend w/ so many colors...glad I never got the single though, because the palette is just amazing.

on 11/5/2007 11:59:00 PM

I was pretty skeptical when the clerk paired this one up with Vex and Steamy for me. I found some colors I liked, and Steamy happened to be one of them.

In the pot, it looks dark green, but on my crease it turns dark brown. That makes it more versatile for me, since I have a hard time finding a brown I really like to use in the crease.

on 11/5/2007 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this shadow! Great blendability and the color is so versatile when I pair it with other shadows. I usually use it for making a smoky eye. I comes out to be a blackish color with a jade green shimmer with kind of a hint of red shimmer. Its quite dark, but never harsh looking. Its really nice when you blend it well over the lid then use NARS' night breed as a liner! Perfect nighttime look for me! I'm an NW20, green eyes light brn hair for reference.

on 10/28/2007 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm convinced this shadow is the secret to amazing smokey eye looks. It blends sooo smoothly and is really great to work with, and looks so cool both in the pan and on lids. It can seem like a strange color and hard to pair with other shadows, but honestly it can be used with almost any green, blue, black, or grey, and probably a lot of purples too. A great, unique, versatile color. Looks amazing for simple smokey looks as liner all around the eye, too.

on 9/12/2007 3:03:00 PM

Gorgeous! And so so versatile!
Love this with a light blending of Shroom layered over, black kohl and Diorshow for a daytime look.
For night I do a look a MAC MUA showed me for a wedding ... Retrospeck blended with Club and then Steamy in a vertical line down the middle of my lid ... blend all together and voila! I'm in love!

on 9/10/2007 4:20:00 PM

I LOVE this eyeshadow! I was a little skeptical about it from looking at in the pan, but applied it's really nice! You can easily pull this off with browns, blues, or greens. I use it a lot with browns to make a smoky eye, but not too super dark. It works daytime and nighttime - I use it on almost a daily basis. It looks mostly brown on me (NC25), but if applied right it can look more greenish. This also works as a cool eyeliner when foiled. Would definately repurchase again.

on 9/3/2007 12:04:00 AM

For reference: NC30, yellow-neutral, Asian. Brunette/brown eyes.

Club is amazing. I have this in the Holiday 2006 Smoked Eyes palette, and once I run out, I will re-buy. In the pan, Club appears to be a cool brown with green duochrome, but once on, Club is a deep brown with gorgeous shimmer. The duochrome doesn't show up on me too much but provides enough complexity to set Club apart from other deep shimmery browns. A favorite smokey eye combo is with Vanilla pigment on browbone, Coco pigment on lid and up to "crease" and Club blended around the eye. (I don't have a crease so I just apply eyeshadow to the top of my eyeball, where I can feel the indentation of my eye socket.) This combination is beautiful, and Club provides the "smoke" factor without using grey or black.