April 23, 2014 | 971 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by brenicp13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty good powder. I definitely recommend for oily skin. Kinda drys my oil for a few hrs. It would most likely be too dry for dry skin. Packaging? Flimsy. I hate it, the lids always pops off and wont stay on. I hope Rimmel will fix this, but overall. It is a good powder. I got it for about 2-3 dollars at Target. Cheap, but it works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by xoxo331

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute HG setting powder!! It mattifies my oily skin and gives it the most beautiful finish without being cakey. I cannot rave enough about this powder. The only thing is the packaging, the flimsy lid comes off easily but it's not a huge deal. Amazing, amazing powder, will definitely repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

I cannot believe I have been using expensive setting powders for years, when this was at my walmart for $3.97. This is amazing, it works better than any other powder I've ever used. I wear liquid foundation every day, and would set with powder by Becca or use my mineral veil, then use an UD setting spray on top. My combo skin would begin showing signs of moisture only 2 hours or so later, specifically on my upper lip. It was really frustrating. I will admit I'm pretty active at work, but the moistness just seemed avoidable. Since using this powder, my skin will look flawless for 4-6 hours after application, even if I do sweat. My body may be sweating, but my face won't! This also looks very natural, is pretty much undetectable, I wear the translucent shade, love. The top falls off easily so I keep it shut with a rubber band. I've already purchased a backup,

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAlleyJunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand all the hype about this powder. It's not that great. It has a strong fragrance to it almost like a mix of floral and baby powder. If you want a really good powder try the Loreal True Match super blendable powder. This powder was decent but not that great. I guess if your on a super tight budget this powder is an ok option.

I would also like to include that this powder's packaging is terrible. The lid falls off so easily. It also doesn't come with a mirror or sponge which makes it hard for on the go application. Sigh.....

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by scarlettdesmarais

I love this powder!!! I use it everyday to set my foundation. I get the coloured ones so that I get a little bit of extra coverage but I've heard the translucent is good as well. It gives me a nice matte finish and then I usually spray with UD All Nighter which gives my skin a little moisture back so I don't look so powdery. Great powder and great price! The packaging is a little cheap looking but who cares at this price!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by aabilez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First off, I don't think that stay matte is a very good name for this powder because I can't imagine it controls oil very well. Maybe it does but I am not oily so I cannot attest to that. Anyway I have dry skin and this is one of the only powders that does cake up on me and accentuate my dryness. I can pack it on and it still looks natural. I can use to set my TM or use it by itself.

The packaging sucks but fortunately this powder can be used with old school refillable powder compacts which I love!!!!! You can get them on ebay. Make sure you get one that has a pan of 67 mm or 2 3/4 inches.

The price is dirt cheap and I honestly find this comparable to MAC MSFN on my skin. I use creamy natural for my NC 15ish is skin and it is perfect. This may be my HG pressed powder. I haven't found anything quite as good yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by reaverpetermycroftstephen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm going to try something else before I get this again, but I'll probably like this best! :) I just didn't like how it's a powder, so when putting it on, it got a little messy. And I had to do a few touch ups. But ignoring that, it's great! And it never broke me out :) Perfect price too! It's a great coverage for the few blemishes I get on my chin, and helped minimized the look of my pores. And it matched my skin tone perfectly! Will buy again =D

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by hellokatieeeeee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first drug store powder and ever since buying this I began buying more and more products at the drugstore! I love this powder. This has replaced my Mac blot powder. It seriosuly does the same job but at a $4 price tag. It promises to keep you matte for 5 hours and it definitely delivers! Try it out, it won't hurt your wallet and you might just find a new love!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by erinkaulback

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this powder worked just the same as any other powder I've used that was NOT meant for oil control. I normally don't have oily skin so I don't really need to worry about mattifying powder anyways, but this actually made me super oily :(

Pros:
Comes with lots of product, it's bigger than any other powder I've used
Sets makeup nicely
Doesn't look cakey

Cons:
I found it made me more oily than usual
The smell is incredibly strong, like flowery perfume or something
The lid falls off sometimes

Overall I gave it a 3 because while it doesn't control oil, it is a good regular powder and it's a really good size for your money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: nc27-30, warm yellow undertones, oily

I used to hate this powder!! I thought it made my skin super oily but I now realized it was because of the foundation I was using back then. I love this powder as much as I love my maybelline dream matte powder, which is my HG matte pressed powder. I picked this up in the shade "sandstorm". After applying my foundation, I apply this powder using my elf studio powder brush or my posh powder brush. This powder leaves my skin matte throughout the day without having to blot/touch up often. I don't mind the scent; it has a rosy/floral/baby powder scent?? I Frickin hate the packaging. The twist up lid is dumb and it would've been nice if there was a mirror to make touch ups on the go easier. Def would repurchase!

Update (1/28/14): still loving this product!! They finally have new packaging. The lid actually snaps down now and keeps it locked. Also, surface of the powder has the rimmel crown logo. Love it! :)