Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 11/7/2013 3:10:00 PM

I really love the stay matte by Rimmel because it gives off amazing coverage that lasts for ages and it is easy to use! At first I wasn't sure about it but after a week or two I was using it everyday! It is priced around £3-£4 witch is a really affordable price! I would seriously recommend this product!

on 11/6/2013 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This powder really keeps you matte for hours. My nose is very oily and when using other powders, it becomes shiny within half an hour of applying makeup. When I use this powder though, it does keep the shine at bay for approximately four hours before the shine seeps through. The funny thing is, this powder isn't quite as effective if it's used alone without foundation underneath.

The packaging is quite cheap, but when taking the price of this into consideration, that is not a problem at all. Highly recommend this powder!

on 11/6/2013 9:27:00 PM

I love this product to death. I can not see myself using another press powder ever again. It controls my oily T-Zone and for the price you can not beat. I have used the MUF HD powder and I very much enjoyed that product as well however the price is too expensive for my budget. After reviewing both products, I can proudly say that the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder is just as good the MUF HD powder and for the price you can not say no to. The only thing I do not like about this product is the packing. The packing is really cheap and the cap falls off pretty easily. But you have to keep in mind, you are paying about $5 for this product and it works just as great as a product that is $36 (MUF). So the packing does not bother me as much as some individuals. I have also yet to receive trouble from the packing while traveling as the cap is not very tight.

on 11/3/2013 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

There's a lot of hype about this product for a reason; it's so amazing. I love a lot of things about this powder; it keeps me matte all day, is super long lasting and feels light on the skin. The packaging can be finicky, but I keep mine in a bin and don't travel with it, so it's worked out fine.

But the #1 reason why I adore this product is because it prevents my eyeliner from smearing. I have hooded eyes, but I love the look of a thick liner to make them pop. The problem is that the skin above my eyelid sits right on top of where I put eyeliner. It's fine when my face is in a neutral expression, but as soon as I raise my eyebrows you can see a huge amount of smearing on my eyelid from the skin touching the eyeliner. I thought this was the eyeliner's problem, so I've tried a bunch of different ones (including waterproof). I've found that if I put some of the Stay Matte powder on an eyeshadow brush and dab it onto my eyelid as if it were an eyeshadow, then my eyeliner doesn't smear AT ALL. Perhaps it's because the oils on my eyelid aren't smearing the eyeliner, or maybe it sets the eyeliner. Either ways, it's saved me from my smearing problems.

Long story short, this product is definitely a holy grail item for me. Love, love, love it!

on 11/2/2013 10:24:00 PM

This is my holy grail pressed powder! I think I'm on my 4th compact. I use the shade Transparent for my pale skin. It's not exactly "transparent" because the powder does initially make my face look even paler. I really love the texture - finely milled and applies evenly. It also provides great coverage for a powder. I just use concealer and powder (I pat it on rather than smooth it all over) and my imperfections seem to blur away. I love how I can pat on more powder without it caking up or getting chalky. No breakouts either! The only reason preventing me from giving it a perfect 5 is that it doesn't keep me matte for as long as I'd like. As for the packaging, the lid does fall off easily and it's inconvenient to carry around since it has no mirror, but I don't mind because I never carry powder with me. I also like how the pan is big enough for me to swirl my powder brush in it

on 10/29/2013 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE! LOVE! I HAVE 3 OF THESE IF YOUR OILY ITS A MUST HAVE!
ITS PALE IN COLOR AND I PUT ON AFTER M.O.M BUT BEFORE MY FOUNDATION. THIS HELPS KEEP ME MATTE LONGER . I LOVE THIS AND I HOPE ITS NEVER DISCONTINUED. NO BREAKOUTS, NO SMELL AT ALL

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love this powder. It's affordable, very mattifying and will not look cakey (as long as you apply it right). It says it lasts 5 hours which is definitely true however by this point, you will probably need to blot or reapply. I'd say the only downside to this is the packaging, as it is cheap and fragile. But it's on the inside that counts, right? My holy grail powder! I recommend to everyone.

on 10/28/2013 2:09:00 PM

Love this! I use this over my foundation and concealer. It provided a ton of coverage. It made my skin look flawless. I'd say it lasted about 3-4 hours, but only because I have an oily T-zone.

Cons:
-They need to make darker colors. The darkest shade was almost too light during the summer.
-The packaging isn't that great. The lid doesn't stay on that well.

Other than that, I would definitely buy this again.

on 10/27/2013 4:46:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Pros:
- It helps me stay matte all day
- Very lightweight
- The silky beige matches my skin really well
- Very affordable
- Doesn't make me feel like a cake.

Cons:
- Packaging. I have a really great makeup bag but the lid managed to crack.
- Need to reapply.

Will definitely repurchase.

on 10/27/2013 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I adore this powder! I'm really oily, and most of the powders I've tried, even the ones that claim to cut down the oil, don't last very long. This powder, however, keeps me matte for hours! The shade silky beige matches my skin tone almost perfectly too! It's about $5, and you get a lot of product, so it's a great deal. The only thing I don't like is the lack of a mirror, but it's not that big of a deal.

If you're oily like me, please try this powder out! It worked wonders for me~

Video Reviews & Tutorials