July 28, 2014 | 1862 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by cutejuju1001

I bought this yesterday so excited and i must say i love it , it keeps my face matte and nice i have combination skin by the way, so my cheeks are dry but my forehead and nose get quite oily. I threw this in my bag and the powder completely shattered i dont know how, i was so disappointed! So ya , pros: keeps my face matte ,controls oil , i dont have to touch up, very light. Cons: terrible packaging

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by martini8787

This powder works very well but I find I do need a use a setting spray for the best finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Dannibee123

Works really well just to matteify my face and stays all day long! I recommend the translucent one if you don't neccessarily want coverage but still a nice matte finish...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by michaelaparamore

This powder is so affordable. I have found that if i don't apply my neutrogena oil-free moisturizer underneath then the powder sticks to my dry patches on my nose etc. However if i do apply that moisturizer it gives a matte finish that is smooth and doesn't stick to the dry patches. I apply it with my real techniques buffing brush and it blends really well. If you want the powder to last longer than 30 minutes, i'd suggest applying it three times instead of one, over the shiny parts of your face as it makes it last for about 4 hours and doesn't look cakey either. If you want to set concealer on a blemish or under your eyes, then it's really good for that too. I use an eco tools eyeshadow brush to set any concealer on my blemishes and the real techniques contour brush for under my eyes. The colour variety is pretty good as you can get transparent which works on my ghost like complexion. Best drugstore powder in my opinion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I think I've found my hg powder! This stuff is the best I've found at keeping my face shine free. The powder is very finely milled, no matter how much you apply, it doesn't look cake-y. I like to press the powder into my skin with a puff for maximum oil resistance, which for most powders is hard to do without looking very powder-y, but this one still looks natural with that method.
Only downside is the packaging, which is not very sturdy.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by beautynerd123

Not agreeing with all the hype ! It says that it controls shine for 8 hours and maybe more, but come on! I was realllllly excited to get this as a mattyifying powder but it SUUCKKKS. I was really persuaded by the YouTube community and I got it at shoppers drugmart for 8$ and gave it a try. I usually put the physicians formula mineral pressed powder first as a nice cover-up base and then apply maybelline dreammatte powder on top to keep me matte. I switched the dreammatte to this powder to give it a try. At first it looked great! But then o walked outside for around 6 minutes and i already felt shiny, oily and cakey! I looked at a mirror after an hour and let me tell you you could fry samosas on me! Dannnnnng, I was lily as heck and I hated it. Yeah, you could wear it for maybe 30minutes to go to the store or I dunno, but not a good powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by LeslieDerp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in "Translucent". My problem with this product lies solely within the name of it, and the claims. This product claims to provide "5 hours of natural shine control", as also indicated by the name "Stay Matte". Here's the deal. My skin is not particularly oily, with the exception of my cheeks, which are the absolute worst. This product looks amazingly perfecting within the first 30 minutes of wear, after which it begins to get horribly shiny and cakey. While I don't notice this powder to be particularly powdery and clingy on dry skin, it's cakey AS HELL on oily skin.

I'd say that if you have truly normal skin, this could be an awesome product for you. Anything oilier, and this is a big NO for you for anything other than a touch-up throughout the day.

In regards to the consist nags about the packaging, it isn't IDEAL, but for being so cheap you can't really expect that much.

Overall, this is an OK product that's excellent for the price range, if applied sparingly/ just used for touch-ups. I'd recommend this because of the fact that it's a good, cheap perfecting powder in a pinch.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Adelemuller

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Together with the rimmel 25 hour foundation you get a foundation that lasts all day. I use heaps of this to set my foundation in it makes it last all day I just need to top up my nose since its oily and gets shiny but otherwise perfect maybe the bad reviews are people wearing it with a bad foundation or on its own? It is designed to work best with the rimmel foundations and needs at least a very light coat of foundation to stay on the skin. Love it

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have super, super oily skin. This doesn't keep me matte any longer than any other average powder I have tried. It isn't bad but I'm just not impressed. I do like the price though. It's super cheap and lasts awhile. The packaging sucks. This is the least portable pressed powder ever. And isn't portability the whole point of a pressed powder?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by AliciaMorales

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love it because it stays on almost all day, and it doesn't make my face look cakey! I do wish it came with a brush or something though haha