September 16, 2014 | 1926 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by ShamyBabess

HG cleanser. The only product that got my skin under control. It actually leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. And its also eliminating my acne and flattening out my cystic acne which I am SO thankful for. I only use this as a skin care routine and it leaves my skin amazing. SO cheap also and you get alot of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 3:29:00 AM More reviews by devlynaskurt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this stuff. i slather it on after using an eye makeup remover, then wipe off with a wet washcloth. it completely removes my makeup, which can be any of the following: laura mercier oil free tinted moisturizer, revlon colorstay active, revlon regular colorstay, estee lauder double wear foundation. okay, that's not completely true. it doesn't always completely remove the double wear, but it gets off more than aveeno fresh complexion does.

i love how it wakes my skin up, esp after a long day at work. i agree that it probably won't do much for acne prone skin, unless the reason for your acne is you don't wash your face as you should.

upon consideration, this stuff is second to HG, with my HG being neutrogena's oil free acne wash.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by keitran

I think since I started to use the Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask, I'm starting to think that Noxzema didn't work for me. Yeah, it had that tingly and fresh feeling/scent to it but it just didn't do anything to my acne. I know I'm only on my second jar but I think I'm going to do something useful with it instead of wasting it. I may just use it as a morning face wash cause of that fresh tingly feeling. I used to love this product until I realized it didn't do much to my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2009 5:21:00 AM More reviews by wlyeong

I used this in my teens when nothing seemed to work and the acne on my face seemed to be all that mattered. Sadly it didn't work miracles then. 20 years later and feeling nostalgic for that unique mentholly smell I scored not 1, not 2, not 3 but FOUR jars of these things. At first I was really taken in by the dirt-cheapness of it all, having been through the YSLs, Clarins and whatnot of adult life. But after the 2nd jar I realised it did squat for my makeup, and indeed been going to bed with a less-than-clean face. It was only swiping a cotton wipe and looking at the remnants of my foundation did I realise it was only good for mornings straight of out bed cleaning, and not effective as a makeup remover, which it claims to be...Still, it will not go to waste. It still wakes me up due to the scent. Still, time to say bye bye once and for all after I finish the last jar. Adios.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Honeyrider1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm in my early 30's and I've been using this product since my early teen years. What I like about Noxzema is that it's not "stripping" to the skin. Other facial cleansers I've tried have left my face feeling dry and tight after use. Noxzema does not have this effect; it's very gentle formula leaves my skin feeling soft, fresh and clean. I had moderate acne throughout my teen years/early 20's and this product did not aggravate my acne. I suppose there are organic products on the market that are better for your skin, but unless I stumble across something new I'll continue using this until they quit making it. I highly recommend this for those who have very sensitive skin, but would not recommend for those who require a "lathering" effect from their face wash, in which case you'll be very disappointed. This isn't a fancy miracle product by any means; just a very gentle product that is soothing to the skin. FYI, it's great for sun burns!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by vivcheung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I thought I'd try this product out because it's an inexpensive drugstore HG for a lot of people. I was excited at first by the feel and consistency of the product on my fingers as I scooped it out of the jar. It felt light, non-greasy, aqueous and smooth. Unfortunately, the good stuff stops there. On application to my face, it immediately tingled and burned my skin as if I was using an arthritis or sports rub! I persevered and continued to gently rub the product around to cleanse and remove my makeup...which sadly it did not. I still had to follow with my Vichy foaming cleanser afterwards. On closer inspection of the product label, one of the main ingredients is menthol...WHY??? Makes no sense to me why a facial cleanser would have this unless you suffered from an itchy skin rash that needs cooling off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh, I had forgotten about this gem!!!! lol I used to use this back in the day and always loved how it felt on my skin and smelt. It really did the job too!! I will have to go pick some up now and see if I get the same results. I know with many products there are changes made to "improve"... (and that's not always the case!) It was so inexpensive as well. I will be sure to get this again and do an update for all you lovelies!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by allaboutbeati

I am surprised to find that it is facial cleansing that always blemish my hand towel!!!!
So is it mean that facial wash could leave something behind? So what would actually clean my face!!!????????
I did this survey and think it is interesting for you to do it and find out the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by llmorris88

Like others here, this is a classic and I will always love it. I love the smell and the way it feels on my face. A true staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Classic Noxzema cannot be beat. I apply this to my face and let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes because I love the smell. My DH does the same thing. It's a cleanser that we keep on hand at all times and it takes the sting out of a sunburn. .