Noxzema Original Skin Cream

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Stearic Acid , Linseed Oil , Soybean Oil , Fragrance , Ammonium Hydroxide , Camphor , Menthol , Eucalyptus Oil , Propylene Glycol , Gelatin , Calcium Hydroxide

on 11/20/2009 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used the original Noxzema when I was a teenager. Haven't really used it since. I wear Revlon Colorstay Foundation & have a hard time getting it all off unless I use something kind of harsh for my skin or extremely oily. Anyway...I thought I'd give it a try again after all these years & I have to say...it does a pretty darn good job at getting the majority off my skin. I still have to finish the job with my Clarisonic or extra toner, but all in all, I'm pretty happy with it. It seems to be very gentle & kind of soothing/cooling to my skin. I've got really dry skin too & this doesn't seem to dry it out like some makeup removers do.

on 11/20/2009 9:00:00 PM

I have always had problematic skin. As soon as I find my HG, my skin starts changing and I have to go on a hunt for another product. I was using Olay's Witch Hazel face wash (for over 4 years) until I started getting tiny, white bumps on my forehead. Olay did not do anything to get rid of those so I decided to try Noxzema. I had tried Noxzema in the past as a teenager but it did not do anything for me at the time. After reading some good reviews on here, I decided maybe I should give it another go. I went out and bought it two weeks ago and the bumps on the forehead are now gone! My face looks a lot more fresh now and it has improved clarity as well. I do still get breakouts but not as often. Its a good basic face wash and cheap. Its worth trying it. It has helped my skin so much that I think I am going to try Noxzema's toner next.

on 11/10/2009 12:24:00 PM

I used Noxzema when I was a teen, and then strayed away for it for a few years in a search for something more 'high-end.' I recently rediscovered it, and I am so glad I did! I love the rereshing smell and clean feeling I get from using it. It also does a really good job of taking off my makeup, especially when used with a wash-cloth. In addition, this is not drying that many regular soap-based products. My skin has always seemed to like Noxzema, and I don't see myself straying again anytime soon. Sometimes there is a reason why a product has been around for so long!!

on 11/5/2009 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been cutting WAY down on what I spend on skincare. This brings back good memories for me since I used it years ago. I love the smell and feel of this cleanser. I also love that there's not any mineral oil in it AND this stuff works great for my sensitive skin-go figure. I think it really helps w/redness too and it's super inexpensive.

on 11/3/2009 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After trying everything under the sun for my acne and always winding up in the same boat (with acne), I switched to this cleanser. It's inexpensive, it smells great, and best of all, NO MORE ACNE!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was a very effective cleaser for me. I have very sensitive skin and can`t use anything that is too harsh. Noxzema gives off a menthal tingle when using but it wasn`t too extreme. My face feels refreshed after using it.

on 10/25/2009 1:54:00 AM

For a drug store cleanser I think this one is pretty good, leaves my skin soft and smooth and removes all make-up.

on 10/25/2009 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

ETA 12/23/09: I have updated my review because the new jar I recently purchased of Noxzema has proven to me that the product has been altered even beyond the formula of the jar I'd been using. The changes are not for the better. There is gelatin in it and some other ingredient which has made the consistency chunky and dry, not creamy at all; it no longer provides the same cleansing and oil-moisturizing properties for me. Original Noxzema is no longer "Original Noxzema," and the company ought to fess up to it. Bye-bye another classic.

Noxema, the one and only Original Noxzema, is the product I used from age 15 to 45, and then I started with glycolic cleaners, scrubbing cleansers, brightening cleansers, as well as expensive brands which were just okay. I returned to Noxzema last year and I noticed that the formulation, like so many other "classics," has changed, not terribly but there is a grainy quality to it which was not there in the nice creamy goop. it still works well for me in the shower, and on nights when I want to use just this cleanser and a light moisturizer, it is the best product for me.

I took off a lippie for the grainy texture. Lately, I have been running into the "improvements" made by companies/corporations which no one asked for but which got made anyway: bottom line?

Bottom line, I always have a large jar in my bathroom. Will update if things change.

on 10/25/2009 1:39:00 AM

HG cleanser. The only product that got my skin under control. It actually leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. And its also eliminating my acne and flattening out my cystic acne which I am SO thankful for. I only use this as a skin care routine and it leaves my skin amazing. SO cheap also and you get alot of product.

on 10/23/2009 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

love this stuff. i slather it on after using an eye makeup remover, then wipe off with a wet washcloth. it completely removes my makeup, which can be any of the following: laura mercier oil free tinted moisturizer, revlon colorstay active, revlon regular colorstay, estee lauder double wear foundation. okay, that's not completely true. it doesn't always completely remove the double wear, but it gets off more than aveeno fresh complexion does.

i love how it wakes my skin up, esp after a long day at work. i agree that it probably won't do much for acne prone skin, unless the reason for your acne is you don't wash your face as you should.

upon consideration, this stuff is second to HG, with my HG being neutrogena's oil free acne wash.