December 22, 2014 | 1743 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 2:18:00 AM More reviews by reikigoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been cutting WAY down on what I spend on skincare. This brings back good memories for me since I used it years ago. I love the smell and feel of this cleanser. I also love that there's not any mineral oil in it AND this stuff works great for my sensitive skin-go figure. I think it really helps w/redness too and it's super inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After trying everything under the sun for my acne and always winding up in the same boat (with acne), I switched to this cleanser. It's inexpensive, it smells great, and best of all, NO MORE ACNE!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by sugarxcookieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was a very effective cleaser for me. I have very sensitive skin and can`t use anything that is too harsh. Noxzema gives off a menthal tingle when using but it wasn`t too extreme. My face feels refreshed after using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by BrittaniB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a drug store cleanser I think this one is pretty good, leaves my skin soft and smooth and removes all make-up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

ETA 12/23/09: I have updated my review because the new jar I recently purchased of Noxzema has proven to me that the product has been altered even beyond the formula of the jar I'd been using. The changes are not for the better. There is gelatin in it and some other ingredient which has made the consistency chunky and dry, not creamy at all; it no longer provides the same cleansing and oil-moisturizing properties for me. Original Noxzema is no longer "Original Noxzema," and the company ought to fess up to it. Bye-bye another classic.

Noxema, the one and only Original Noxzema, is the product I used from age 15 to 45, and then I started with glycolic cleaners, scrubbing cleansers, brightening cleansers, as well as expensive brands which were just okay. I returned to Noxzema last year and I noticed that the formulation, like so many other "classics," has changed, not terribly but there is a grainy quality to it which was not there in the nice creamy goop. it still works well for me in the shower, and on nights when I want to use just this cleanser and a light moisturizer, it is the best product for me.

I took off a lippie for the grainy texture. Lately, I have been running into the "improvements" made by companies/corporations which no one asked for but which got made anyway: bottom line?

Bottom line, I always have a large jar in my bathroom. Will update if things change.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 1:39:00 AM More reviews by ShamyBabess

HG cleanser. The only product that got my skin under control. It actually leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. And its also eliminating my acne and flattening out my cystic acne which I am SO thankful for. I only use this as a skin care routine and it leaves my skin amazing. SO cheap also and you get alot of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 3:29:00 AM More reviews by devlynaskurt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this stuff. i slather it on after using an eye makeup remover, then wipe off with a wet washcloth. it completely removes my makeup, which can be any of the following: laura mercier oil free tinted moisturizer, revlon colorstay active, revlon regular colorstay, estee lauder double wear foundation. okay, that's not completely true. it doesn't always completely remove the double wear, but it gets off more than aveeno fresh complexion does.

i love how it wakes my skin up, esp after a long day at work. i agree that it probably won't do much for acne prone skin, unless the reason for your acne is you don't wash your face as you should.

upon consideration, this stuff is second to HG, with my HG being neutrogena's oil free acne wash.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by keitran

I think since I started to use the Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask, I'm starting to think that Noxzema didn't work for me. Yeah, it had that tingly and fresh feeling/scent to it but it just didn't do anything to my acne. I know I'm only on my second jar but I think I'm going to do something useful with it instead of wasting it. I may just use it as a morning face wash cause of that fresh tingly feeling. I used to love this product until I realized it didn't do much to my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2009 5:21:00 AM More reviews by wlyeong

I used this in my teens when nothing seemed to work and the acne on my face seemed to be all that mattered. Sadly it didn't work miracles then. 20 years later and feeling nostalgic for that unique mentholly smell I scored not 1, not 2, not 3 but FOUR jars of these things. At first I was really taken in by the dirt-cheapness of it all, having been through the YSLs, Clarins and whatnot of adult life. But after the 2nd jar I realised it did squat for my makeup, and indeed been going to bed with a less-than-clean face. It was only swiping a cotton wipe and looking at the remnants of my foundation did I realise it was only good for mornings straight of out bed cleaning, and not effective as a makeup remover, which it claims to be...Still, it will not go to waste. It still wakes me up due to the scent. Still, time to say bye bye once and for all after I finish the last jar. Adios.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Honeyrider1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm in my early 30's and I've been using this product since my early teen years. What I like about Noxzema is that it's not "stripping" to the skin. Other facial cleansers I've tried have left my face feeling dry and tight after use. Noxzema does not have this effect; it's very gentle formula leaves my skin feeling soft, fresh and clean. I had moderate acne throughout my teen years/early 20's and this product did not aggravate my acne. I suppose there are organic products on the market that are better for your skin, but unless I stumble across something new I'll continue using this until they quit making it. I highly recommend this for those who have very sensitive skin, but would not recommend for those who require a "lathering" effect from their face wash, in which case you'll be very disappointed. This isn't a fancy miracle product by any means; just a very gentle product that is soothing to the skin. FYI, it's great for sun burns!