Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 12/11/2007 6:36:00 PM

It removes make-up well, it's foamy & a little goes a long way so that's good. But! my skin felt dry, my skin felt like rubber after washing. I haven't been that impressed by Clinique so far & this cleanser was terrible for me.

on 12/4/2007 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I like this cleanser. I like the foamy lather and it makes my skin feel clean. I haven't noticed that it dries me out much, but I follow it with Clinique's Moisture Surge Extra Thirsty Skin Relief.

on 11/21/2007 5:14:00 PM

Got this as a GWP and was initially impressed -- it did a decent job getting makeup off and was drying but not too much so.

Then I got some in my eye.

Stinging, burning, tearing up (for hours), swelling around the eye (up to 14 hours later) -- when reviewers tell you "it stings," they're being kind. Whatever Clinique put in here, and I don't know if it's the fragrance or the surfactant or what, they should take it out and review their other products. This really tarnished Clinique's image for me.

on 11/20/2007 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this product. It removes makeup really really well. The makeup just dissolves right into the foam and leaves no traces on your skin. Your face will feel clean after!

it's basically the best facial cleanser i've ever used. it works perfectly, and leaves my skin feeling great. it's worth every penny. i'll buy this again and again. it's a must-have. it's so basic and non-irritating but still makes your face nice and clean.

I received this as a GWP and am glad I didn't spend money on it. The smell of it is not overpowering, nothing fruity or floral-like. A little of it goes a long way; just a small amount creates a lot of lather, but it seemed to dry my combination skin more than other cleansers I have previously tried. Like another reviewer previously stated, it takes a lot of rinsing to remove all of the soap. Another disadvantage was that it burned my eyes! I would prefer to not have to endure this in order to remove my makeup. There are many other makeup removing cleansers out there that don't do this, so I'll pass on buying this.

on 11/6/2007 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I received this GWP and I really like it. You use a very small amount (like pea size) and it makes tons of foamy lather. I apply it with a face brush. The small tube I have has lasted a really long time because you can use so little of it when you wash your face. My only gripe is its a little hard to rinse off because of all the foamy soap. You will probally need a toner after to make sure you get all the residue off. It removes make up really well. I would recommend giving it a try!

on 10/26/2007 2:02:00 AM

I am not a fan of foaming cleansers because they are always too harsh or drying for me. I received this cleanser in a GWP and because of the convenience of the small tube I took it with me on a trip. Worst idea ever! Not only it is harsh for skin, sting my eyes, I suspect that it gave me some of those hidden pimples as well!

on 10/17/2007 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

RIS. What's up with the smell? Maybe the one I rec'd is a bit old because it really has a harsh scent to it. Not what I'd expect from Clinique. Other that that it's a good cleanser, but not very moisturizing. We'll put this in the 'sometimes' pile.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

In general, I am not a fan of foaming cleansers because they are usually too harsh for my sensitive skin, but this one is an exception. All you need is a pea sized amount to clean your entire face very thoroughly. Because you only need a tiny bit, it is actually pretty economical, and I love the light rosemary scent. The only reason I am not giving it a perfect score is because it is a little too drying to be HG for me, but as I said, considering the fact that it is a foaming cleanser it is pretty darn good on that front. I do, however, think that this cleanser is probably only appropriate for normal to oily skin types. My Mother has dry skin and absolutely hates this stuff because it really dries her out (which is good for me because she gives me all of her foaming cleanser GWPs! =)). Also, if you use too much, it will dry you out more than usual, so just take the smallest amount, add water to create a light foam, and apply.