April 19, 2014 | 1105 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2007 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Ferret1111

This isnt as harsh on my skin as the liquid soap in mild. It leaves my skin very clean but not totally stripped of moisture as some cleansers. I keep getting these as gwp but once I run out I will buy a full size.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2007 8:56:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've received this cleanser a few times as a gwp, and I always enjoy using it. It cleanses well without stripping my skin, and I love the creamy-yet-foaming texture. However, I will not purchase it for two reasons: (1) it is rather overpriced; (2) it contains a bunch of plant extracts that I suspect will start to irritate my sensitive skin with extended use. I wish Clinique would make a sensitive skin version of this cleanser without the plant extracts. Then I would consider purchasing it despite the price.
Ingredients: water, potassium behnate, potassium myristate, glycerin, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, palmitic acid, lauric acid, myristic acid, stearic acid, peg-3 distearate, cholesteryl hydroxystearate, sodium hyaluronate, rosemary extract, 2,6-dimethyl-7-octen-2-ol, lemon extract, eucalyptus extract, lavender extract, butylene glycol, pine extract, cardamom extract, trisodium edta, phenoxyethanol, violet 2, red 4. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2007 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Integra97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this makeup remover. I use a little spot smaller than a dime, rub it between my fingers first, and it is enough to make a foamy lather over my whole face. I do use a separate eye makeup remover to get mascara off first, but this takes care of everything else gently. I wash with my 3 step cleanser after this. It's really a makeup remover even thought they call it a cleanser. You're still supposed to wash with a soap or cleanser product after you use this. The 5 oz tube has lasted me forever, but will definitely repurchase when it's gone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2007 10:09:00 PM More reviews by lolajean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a Proactiv user and love this cleanser for removing my makeup. I use it every night before the Proactiv cleanser and love it. It takes everything off including mascara and stains. It has never irritated my skin or eyes and I love that a little goes a very long way. A tube lasts forever!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2007 12:26:00 PM More reviews by ewojdula

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had to review this one because I get so emotional - in a bad way - when I use it; its scent is over-the-top basil/detergenty, and it foams up in a very detergent-like way and takes quite AWHILE to RINSE OFF. In spite of this, the end result is very good. It cleanses thoroughly and doesn't dry out the skin. It's actually pretty gentle stuff that might work out well for someone with oilier skin and it's a warm-weather cleanser for me these days.

I guess I'm trying to say that it's a gentle product that is quite unpleasant to use. Clinque's Liquid Facial Soap - Mild is perfect for me though; just perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by novastar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this product to cleanse my face and also to remove makeup. I do not get the product near my eyes. It works pretty well as a general face cleanser for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2007 3:23:00 PM More reviews by daisee1203

I completely disagree with other people and Clinque that this is a make up remover. I had an "encounter" with a Clinique salesperson about this who was so incredibly rude arguing that a cleanser and make up remover aren't the same thing. I personally don't care and will use this product as I deem fit for myself. I think its an excellent product and it works well removing dirt, grime, make up and the like...so to ME its a face wash. I think its a chance for Clinique to get you to buy more product.
I used this for years in the summer months and it was awesome. I wouldn't use it in winter months b/c it left my skin dry but if you have oily skin I think you will be fine. I like the smell, the lather and the fact that yes, it lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2007 4:18:00 PM More reviews by saaral

Does remove make up like it says. I wouldn't use this as my only cleanser (like someone said: it isn't a cleanser, it's a make up remover) it leaves my skin feeling a bit dry/"tight" until I wash my face with facial soap. But like I said, it removes your make up just fine.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2007 8:56:00 AM More reviews by bknight

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have used the Clinique soaps with on and off success (sometimes toooooo harsh in winter months) so I tried this with little luck. It has eucalyptus in it (why?) which I think irritated my sensitive skin. Left me dry, itchy and red. A little goes a long way and the packaging is awesome but it just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2007 6:56:00 PM More reviews by flynnlee25

I love this makeup remover. But ladies, it is a MAKEUP REMOVER, not a regular facial cleanser. It's not really that good for men; Clinique has great skincare for men. Although I'm sure some men have enjoyed it. But it's not meant for just a facial cleanser. You use that seperatly(used to sell Clinique). Anyway, I have combination, fair skin and this does not dry me out. I have used it for years with Clinique's 3-step and I've always been told what great skin I have. Now, if only I could lose that 50lbs lmao. Anyway, you use a little pea sized amount and it lasts MONTHS. The tube, not the pea sized amount, haha. I use mine almost every night, or every other night. It's my HG. I love that a little bit goes a loooong way, thus it saves you money in the long run. Ladies, definitly try this if you haven't, but make sure you follow up with your cleanser, exfoliater and moisturizer(sp?). I never saw how just using a cleanser alone will get the makeup, dirt and grease off all at once. But this is the best makeup remover. It's worth a try, just once.