MAC Lipglass in clear

3.8

hydrogenated polyisobutene, simmondsia chinesis (jojoba) seed oil, octyldodecanol, copernica cerifera (carnauba) wax, tocopheryl acetate, silica, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, calcium sodium borosilicate, alumina, tin oxide, vanillin, phenoxyethanol

on 9/6/2004 5:33:00 PM

This is one of those products I love and hate at the same time. I LOVE the glass-like shine and the way it accentuates my lips, but I HATE the ultra sticky feeling and the fact that it wears off (at least on me) in no time flat.

As far as looks go, MAC clear lipglass is fantastic. It gives the perfect glass-like shine that I was craving, but as far as usability goes, it's mostly downhill. The gloss is VERY sticky and if you have long hair you end up with it stuck to your lips every time you turn around and the gloss wears off in no time (for me it lasts maybe 10 minutes).

I'd have to say this would be good for special occassions, but not for everyday wear. I'd still buy it again, though.

on 8/29/2004 6:52:00 AM

I really love this gloss since it gives you very high shine and 'dripping' look. (the shiniest lip gloss I've ever own actually) There are 2 drawbacks though: 1. Can't really wear this on the windy days coz the hair will get stuck on lips and it's so messy! 2. Maybe this is just me but the gloss melts and drips down from my lips to my chin in a an hour! ewww

on 8/20/2004 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wet 'n' Wild glassy gloss is just like MAC Lip Glass except its a fraction of the price! boty are very gooey, but extreme in shine. Great for photo shoots. Makes lipstick come right off when eating or kissing or drinking so it is not a good choice for daily use unless you like to spend a lot of time in the ladies room reapplying. Need a lip brush to apply. Applying straight from the tube makes lips look extremely sloppy.

on 8/19/2004 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've had love-hate relationship with this clear sticky goopy gloss. I've had the same tube for over five years and in the last six months, I've probably been using it every day. I stayed away from it before because it was way to thick and sticky and it tore up my lips. I've found the solution that works for me. I dab on a little vaseline and use a lip brush to apply clear lipgloss over it...voila! The vaseline cuts the stickiness so I can talk without creating that dreaded white ring around the mouth. I'll repurchase the moment I run out but I don't know when that'll be becuse a little goes a long way and I still have about 60% left. Sometimes I feel like using this old tube for B2M just so I can start off w/ a fresh tube but I think I'll try to wait it out.

on 8/19/2004 3:01:00 AM

This is a very thick and sticky gloss. I would not wear this product alone. However, works great over lipstick and works very well when mixed with MAC's pigments.

on 8/19/2004 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best clear lipglass that I have come across. Gives the best "wet" look shine and looks best paired over lipstick or with liner, I find that it bleeds if you apply too much. I would prefer if it was packaged in a different form, with an applicator. Has great staying power.

on 8/10/2004 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is not so much a product review as a friendly advice column. M.A.C. makes a perfectly nice clear lipgloss, but folks, clear lipgloss relies on largely the same chemical hodgepodge (polybutene, petrolatum, mineral oil, capric tryglyceride, squalane, lanolin, etc.) no matter who manufactures it. For $1-- *one dollar*-- you can go to any beauty supply shop or dollar store and take your pick of nicely scented clear glosses in squeeze tubes or other cute packaging that will do exactly the same thing for your appearance as the MAC gunk. It's all the same stuff-- no one has reinvented the wheel. Read the ingredients and see! I've bought many a $1 off-brand gloss that lasted for hours, smelled good, didn't bleed, were smooth and pleasant to use, and I've bought many a $20 lipgloss that sucked. Learn from my foolish expenditures; save your money and hightail it to Dollar Bill's! Your lips will be just as shiny, just as long.

on 8/10/2004 3:17:00 AM

Love the gloss, I can deal with the stickiness for the abolutely gorgeous shine. I loathe the little tube. I've lost track of how many times the cap has burst off and coated everything in my purse. I've found that every cheaper brand that seeks to emulate MAC Glass has also copied the God-awful little tube thing , right down to the frequent bursting of the cap. Just today, my Wet and Wild Glassy Gloss burst. Still, I've repurchased again and again, just becuse I love the way it looks. Maybe I'll keep it in a ziploc bag from now on!

on 8/6/2004 8:54:00 AM

I love the sheen that this gives me when I am trying to get glammed up at night. However, I have some gripes: 1) Do not plan on kissing anyone when you wear this. Waaaay to sticky! 2) My hair always gets stunk to my lips when I wear this-- beware of wind 3) The tip of the tube always gets goopy because this stuff is so sticky. Overall, it gives a pretty look for a special occasion, but I wouldn't wear it everyday.

on 7/31/2004 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The best part of this is definitely the longevity of it. It stays on for a LONG time if you don't rub your lips together/kiss someone/drink.

It is incredibly sticky, so I rarely wear it if I have my hair down. My boyfriend hates it (he calls it lip glue), so I never wear it if I know he'll be around (we like to kiss. hee!)

Overall, it is a decent product that provides long-lasting, intense shine. I think before rebuying this, though, I will try Wet 'N' Wild's version which gets great reviews and only costs around $2-$3 versus $11-$12. I don't think it is worth the price.

Popular Lip Glosses