September 16, 2014 | 2009 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2005 2:02:00 PM More reviews by bestscreennameever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a GWP a looong time ago. I never even tried it until yesteday when I came across it again. This is one of the worst macaras I have ever tried. It clumps horribly and gives you those spidery looking lashes. It did make my lashes look a little longer but not thicker. You definitely need a comb with this one, but even then it's probably still going to look bad. The brush is awful too. I'll stick with my L'Oreal Voluminous for now...it isn't a holy grail, but it's the best I've found so far.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2005 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Jadetive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

GWP. This mascara thickens A LOT. But, it's also prone to a lot of clumping. Still, if you have the patience to comb through your lashes, it's fine if you're looking for a volumnizing mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2005 4:30:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

GWP. EL should re-name MagnaScopic Maximum CLUMPING Mascara. Must use a comb afterward. If you want volume I suggest trying MAC fibre rich. Maybe loreal voluminous but that also requires a comb but it costs less.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2005 1:35:00 AM More reviews by dazzls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i've almost given up finding a perfect mascara, but this comes quite close. i want the fake lash look [any suggestions anyone??] but this makes my lashes look blacker/thicker but still very natural.
not as clumpy as maybelline's lash discovery, but formula could be better.
good for daytime wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2005 1:09:00 AM More reviews by laceymeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

i really wanted to like this mascara when i first started using it. it did give me long, full lashes however it also was rather clumpy. it took a lot of work to get it to look good, which is a major downside. if i had 15 minutes to do my mascara routine i would love this. it's just not worth the hassle for the cost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2005 3:11:00 PM More reviews by crabu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you want thick long eye lashes this is the mascara for you.My lashes are long and thin but this makes them pop.Tried almost everything out there and this is definately a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2005 2:54:00 AM More reviews by sheelacheong

not as clumpy as maybelline's lash discovery, but formula could be better.
good for daytime wear.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2005 11:59:00 AM More reviews by glamrockgal

I really like it I used its sample and very happy about this tube.It didnt dry like my loreal mascaras.Its one of my favorites.It curls too :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2005 10:51:00 AM More reviews by zurimiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this mascara as a GWP several times before I decided to purchase a full size. It works really well and doesn`t come off until I take it off. I really notice a difference with this product. It is expensive at 23 but luckily I got a Xmas special gift set which came with a eyeliner and travel sized remover.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2005 7:33:00 PM More reviews by pocky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have short, sparse lashes which--in theory--would benefit from a volumizing mascaras but they just don't work on me. MagnaScopic was no exception. It clumped up horribly if I applied more than a very light coat. They also make my short lashes stubby-looking. MagnaScopic seems like a very well-formulated mascara that might work better on long, thin lashes. I've found that lenghtening formulas work best for my lashes since they tend not to clump.