October 25, 2014 | 1738 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by tswizzle2102

what a great product, i am so impressed with this... I heard a lot of good reviews about this lip butter and yes i totally agree... I love everything about it, the color is beautiful and texture is smooth to lips and shiny:) i have nothing bad to say about it... Packaging is pretty cute and it isnt that expensive... Revlon has really good lip products and this is my favorite... If you want a good lip butter don't bother buying something 10 times more expensive than this, because this is much better

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2012 7:49:00 AM More reviews by suzieyellow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought 7 of these in different shades online after seeing rave reviews on Youtube, but I have to say I am a tad disappointed. It's like they don't quite know whether they are a lip balm or a lipstick. If you put a thin layer on, then it looks like you are wearing a cheap looking tinted balm like a high school student. If you want to build up the colour, then it looks like your lips are oversaturated with oily looking vaseline.

Ugh and the GLITTER. Lip products should never have obvious large chunks of glitter.

I do like some of the colours, but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by lovesyou

I own 2 of these (Creme Brle and Creamsicle) I like Creme Brle a whole but Creamsicle I hate it leaves these flaky stuff all over my lips and feels gross but the reason why I wouldn't buy these again is because there better stuff out there for a cheaper price

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by undefyned

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have 6 shades (Raspberry Pie, Tutti Frutti, Red Velvet, Candy Apple, Lollipop). Shockingly, these are my first brand of lip colors I've ever bought (Yes, I know).

Red Velvet is my favorite shade, which I was surprised with. Tutti Fruitti is my least favorite, I wish I could return :( But one thing I like about these is that you can swipe it on lightly. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by AdorkableNargle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG lip product. Although it doesn't come in as many shades as typical lipsticks, the current shades are very versatile. You can swipe it on once and it'll give you a nice wash of color, and then you can also put on a little more if you want more color. And it moisturizes your lips, which is great for me especially at school or in the winter or anywhere because my lips tend to get chapped. Great for beginners to makeup.

The only downsides are that it's a little pricey(maybe that's just me being cheap). I bought it for $7 and don't use it as much as I'd like because of the price. And not all shades might be universally flattering, but I still give this product 4 stars. It's definitely worth it to try, even if you won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by sapphirejewel

I love this product!
My lips tend to be very flaky so wearing a lipstick can be a problem, but with this I can get the color of a lipstick with the moisturizing power of a balm.
It's a perfect balance!
The shiny sheen goes away after a few hours but the color stays.
I got it in raspberry pie and tutti frutti both lovely colors!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Cloud9Kollektiv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Packaging.
The packaging is cute to say the least; It's simple and it doesn't get in the way of using the product. The one slip up is that the when it twists up out of the tube the lipstick slides around so that it may eventually end up facing backward in the tube.

Application.
This lipstick is incredibly smooth; creamy is the term that best describes this product. It doesn't drag you skin during application. It's a lot more sheer than I expected it to be, but there's no need to worry that the color isn't true as this is a build-able coverage product (light-medium).

Scent.
The tube I got smells just like maple sugar Quaker oatmeal. It's not a smell that I necessarily enjoy, but it's not as heavily perfumed as some other lipsticks that Revlon carries. When I began to dislike the smell the point of reducing the frequency of my wearing the product, I just de-scented it using the method described by Louise at Get Lippie. Now it's perfect!

Durability.
Well, it lasts about three hours. Not very long considering the fact that this product is marketed as a multi-use lip balm and lip stick. The glossy (buttery, rather) finish becomes dull after the prescribed three hours and the moisture level diminishes noticeably; only the color remains. That's the best thing about this product; the color has great staying power; not only that, but it's also build-able color.

Price.
I bought mine for 7.99USD. It can most likely be found for cheaper online (beware of shipping).

Tips.
It'll feather on the edges, so if you can find a pencil lip liner in a similar color, then do buy it! It's a good idea to avoid putting moisturizer on before using this product unless you have especially dry skin; your lips will get any overdone greasy look if you put too many other products on with this lipstick. Also, avoid getting product on the crease of your mouth; the buttery shine will not have a flattering effect the look of your lips so be careful!

Overall.
4/5 stars. This product was a bit of an experiment, wasn't it? I'm a big fan of Revlon's lip products, so I was very excited to try the Lip Butters. With a change in the case and some added sealants this could be a an even better lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Lame901

I LOVE these. I cannot stress that enough. These are the perfect mix of lipgloss, lipstick, and lip balm in one. They're so smooth and glide on perfectly. The colors are beautiful. MUST buy! Essential if you want something quick, cheap, quality, and effortlessly gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by tangsueling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this! it really does feel more like a balm than the usual lipstick. it goes on smoothly and moisturizes my lips. Lately, i've found my lips flaking after i wipe off and reapply my lipstick after lunch, and this is despite my diligently applying lipbalm. However, i dont have this issue with the Lipbutter. zero flaking! the pigmentation is not bad for a balm, though of course its lasting power cant compare with a traditional lipstick. but anyway, the color fades to a nice flush within a few hrs. I reapply after a few hrs.Cute packaging too :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by NaijaNYC

This product is sooo over-hyped! I purchased these in SEVERAL different colors and its really just an alright product. Body Shop lip butters are WAY more moisturizing than these. These are more like a cross between lipstick and chapstick. That's a more accurate description. I would not purchase these again.

I should also mention that certain colors go on smoother than others. Odd, but true.