August 1, 2014 | 1656 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Cover Girl's website suggests TRUBLEND LIQUID MAKEUP as a replacement to this product

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by definebeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

so this was the first foundation i have ever bought. not just from cover girl but in my life! so i don't have anything to compare to but i do have a few observations.
    i got this product in aspen and it matched my fair skin with yellow undertones very well, however the coverage is very sheer. a little too sheer for me and my acne scars.
    when i put this product on, it blends okay. i missed a couple of spots and those spots dried up, but even in it's dry state it was decently blend-able, which was very nice and forgiving.
    when i finished applying, i stood about 2 feet away from my bathroom mirror and i looked pretty good. i had a nice dewy finish which is what i like. but when i took my magnifying mirror, i saw something else. there were little weird fibers under my eyes and on my cheeks. i don't know if that was due to the fact that i had not set it with powder yet or entirely on the shoulders of the product it self. also i have some black heads on my face, and the foundation seemed to accentuate those. but then again, foundation is not called concealer for a reason.
    all in all it's pretty nice product. once i find my my HG consealer, i might re-buy it.
    also, i like the scent. not sure if scent is on purpose or just a byproduct of the cucumber in the formula.
    there is a variety of colors to choose from. chestnut was the darkest i saw, which was a nice coffee and creme color.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by rachelmarie80

I am always nervous about trying new brands, but i am so glad i tried this one. I felt like it went on very well. It blends evenly and the color was great. I would have to say its the best foundation i have tried for the price. It does have a slight smell that i noticed some people seem to be bothered by, but i liked it and it was not too strong. I have worn MAC studio fix and mary kay liquid foundation in the past, but for the price i think i will keep buying this one!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by KB0113

I definitely thought it was going to feel lighter...it feels a little heavy sometimes...and I could NOT find a color that fit me perfectly (but i never have with cover girl...) Its a pretty good product though. I like the way it feels... kind of moisturizing. And its got great coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by KimzWimz

The COVERGIRL new NatureLuxe collection: NatureLuxe liquid silk foundation in shade 350 Oak and NatureLuxe gloss balm in shade 230 coral. Because of my skins sensitivity I was concerned about trying the foundation, not to mention finding a suitable shade for my skin tone has always been a task of chance. I applied a thin layer to my face and was impressed at how much coverage I received from just a tiny amount. It didn’t leave my face feeling oily or like I caked on foundation and the added SPF 10 sunscreen made me feel more comfortable in the sun. The gloss balm went on with a smooth glide without my lips feeling sticky or waxy. I loved the way my lips remained moisturized after drinking, however I wasn’t very impressed with the shade. I will be on the lookout for other shades that may better suit my taste.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by candyshock134

I purchased this product for $10 in the shade 310 (Flax) at my local Target. I have acne-prone fair skin and have been using the trublend whipped foundation for the past 2 years. It was recently discontinued so I've been on the hunt for a inexpensive replacement.
    Granted I haven't used it all, I feel the packaging is a little small but so convenient and simple. I put a penny sized amount on the back of my hand and use the e.l.f. foundation brush and have never used a better foundation. It feels so refreshing going on my face and gave me really nice coverage. I was a little nervous because many people compare it to a tinted moisturizer and I prefer a little more coverage than that. This product more than delivered. It really does feel like a tinted moisturizer but provides full coverage.
    The SPF 10 is obviously a wonderful bonus and actually ends up creating a lovely smell for the product.
    I set this foundation with a mattifying powder and it stayed on all day without any sort of caking or fading. The foundation itself isn't super oily or super matte which is something that I really appreciate in a versatile foundation!

Highly highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by crobyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros:
    .Offers more coverage than I originally thought.
    . Feels very light on the skin.
    . Skin has a radiance to it.
    . It wore off evenly.

Cons:
    .Cucumber smell to me is more like chemicals trying to smell like cucumber and it's very strong.
    . NOT GOOD for oily skin. My skin was glistening in about 2 hours.
    . Very pricey for a drugstore foundation

If I had dry or normal skin I would have liked this product a lot more. It was nice enough but.. my oily skin just made me look like a greaseball!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by catisland

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow. Who'd a thunk? I'd sworn off Cover Girl this past year or two since their products took a definite dive southwards, but Walgreens had a deal on this stuff, and the reviews were decent. What a find! It's amazingly light -- so light you think there won't be any coverage at all -- but it covers as well as any medium-coverage foundation out there. It covers, mattifies, and disappears all at the same time. Wow! I do use a very light touch of powder over my T-zone anyway, but I can go all day, in the sun, and not have to touch up. My skin looks natural and real and like my actual skin but better. Not spackled or obviously made up, but the flaws are covered nonetheless. I chose Aspen and it's as if it had been made for my skin tone. Perfect match. I'm light-to-medium with golden undertones these days (moved to Cali, and I get a lot more sun than I used to). Can't say enough good things about this. Don't let CG's use of Taylor Swift as their spokesmodel fool you -- this works very well for all ages.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this as a weekend foundation with medium sheer coverage and as one I could just apply quickly with my fingers.
    I'm lighter than an NW15, and Alabaster was a good shade for me. It offers light coverage, but requires setting powder because it feels sort of gross on the skin. Like it never quite dries and stays sort of damp and oily looking. Also, it transfers like crazy, so don't even think about blowing your nose because you'll have no product left there.
    The finish after application is alright, but there is zero lasting power with this foundation. Even for an easy day at home, this doesn't stand up on my combination skin.
    It does the job (albeit mediocrely) for now, but I will not repurchase.
    The "natural" claims, as you may expect, are BS. This did not have any bearing on my rating of the product because I realized that there was very little "natural" about this product when I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by umbreons

My biggest skincare issue is flaky patches all over my face that just never seem to go away. As a result, finding a foundation that works for me is next to impossible: everything exaggerates the dryness of my skin, and I end up taking the makeup off right then and there.

CoverGirl's NatureLuxe foundation is the only makeup I've ever used that doesn't do this. It's an absolute breeze to use; a pea-sized glob on my fingertips applied straight onto my skin. It blends so easily and matches so well I don't even need a mirror half the time. I am in LOVE with this stuff.

I love that I can use just this and not need to use powder after. It does a great job of covering my red cheeks and evening out my skin, and it doesn't oxidize, run or rub off. Yeah, basically CoverGirl hit the nail on the head with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by BeccaDynn420

I adore the coverage of this foundation. I generally use M.A.C. or Laura Mercier foundations, but this one is a new staple of mine. I love that I can use this everyday, with no breakout problems. It lasts me a good 6 hours or so, before I start to shine through. The texture, and tube form are also really easy to work with! Overall, a really great inexpensive foundation for everyday use. I did receive this as part of a Buzzagent kit, so I have tons of coupons :)