October 25, 2014 | 1341 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This goes on lovely, "your skin but better etc etc". But it quickly oxides to a darker/more orange version of itself. It also makes me super oily within hours. I like the fragrance and ease of application but ultimately the oxidation is a dealbreaker.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

So far I've always loved Chanel foundations and I've used some FBs of Vitalumiere and some compact foundations. I've been trying a sample for the last 3 days (a sample lasts a lifetime to me) and I found a perfect colour match (#44 Beige Ambré).
I love its consistency more than the original Aqualumiere: it really is a lightweight fluid, yet it covers perfectly (or at least, as perfectly as I want my foundations to cover before I look like a mask). I also like that it comes with a SPF 15, which is OK for winter, although I can't understand how such a light fluid can have a SPF inside.
Only negative side is, I expected a more elegant bottle, in traditional square glass. I suspect this product targets a young public, therefore saving on costly packaging.
I definitely recommend this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Jaclyn86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this, but I just don't love it. For Chanel I find the packaging cheap looking, and annoying as you cannot gauge how much product is left. That being said, it gives a nice amount of coverage, blends well into the skin, and is very natural looking. Perfect for summer when you don't want to feel weighed down by products! I just don't think I could justify paying the price given that there are better foundations out there for a lot less (Jemma Kidd Light As Air I'm looking at you!)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Effrontex16

I recently bought this foundation and even though I saw fantastic reviews about it I really thought it was only going to let me down. Let me start by saying my skin is oily and I have a hard time keeping my foundation from smearing off my face. I do have 2-3 pimples on my face but I have a few acne marks. This foundation has provided great coverage, it lasts mostly all day and it feels like you have nothing on your face. I love that its so lightweight and natural looking, it also provided me this soft feeling to my face and this scent that is very lovely. I wouldn't say the coverage is light-medium because you can put two lagers of the foundation on and it will cover EVERYTHING without giving your skin an unnatural look.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by farmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I got given a sample of this to try as well as a stack of all the other Chanel foundations (YAY). I got given B30 (beige) and B40 (beige) So far I've only tried the B30 and I have to admit that I really really like it.

Pros: The smell is really lovely. The sample is only a little bit of the product but I found it went on my skin really well and was light when first applied. As the day wore on I could barely feel it but my skin felt amazing.

Cons: Use with a light hand. I found that like most other foundations I've used I had to really really stay on top of shine. Yes I had to touch up and blot with powder during the day. I have oily skin this is my cross to bear.

I would purchase this but only after trying the others and seeing if they suit.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by mi55bonnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This foundation is amazing - it is lightweight but gives great coverage. It feels so soft, and looks like second skin, like I am not wearing any makeup. It gives me a flawless skin, dewy finish but not oily. This is great for anyone who wants a sheer light finish and you can wear this everyday without looking too heavy.
I got this sample in b20 (i'm nc 15-20) but i think it's too dark for me. I'm thinking to buy a full bottle in b10.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2012 8:57:00 AM More reviews by ultravee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation gives light to medium coverage and comes in very good color range (I bought it in summer so I opted for B30 which matches my skin tone perfectly) and is probably a great choice for someone who's skin is normal, well hydrated and poreless. It looked absolutely fantastic when I tried it on the back of my hand in the store. However, even though it blends nicely and looks natural, my facial skin doesn't quite like it. It makes pores appear larger, emphasizes dry patches and does not mattify. I also noticed that it dries my skin out which might be due to the addition of alcohol. Inclusion of SPF is good but I would prefer if it didn't contain chemical factor. Packaging looks nicer than it is because it doesn't quite let you control how much you squeeze out and a pump bottle would be a far better choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by SCHAVDA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is amazing - it is lightweight but gives great coverage. I am shade b40 and usually around nc30-35 in mac. It also has SPF15 which is a great addition. I have slightly uneven skin and this is great for anyone who wants a sheer light finish. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone who wants heavy coverage as I don't think this would give that. It is expensive but totally worth it if you want an airbrushed finish (also looks great in photos) - I usually use a foundation brush to apply this and smooth over with a buffing brush. It comes in a small rectangular bottle which would be handy to carry around. The only problem I can think of is that you wouldn't be able to tell if it is running out but for me that's not a significant issue.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2012 4:27:00 AM More reviews by linneahurtig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm reviewing this based on my skin condition which is combination/ oily. This foundation, when mixed with my natural oils on my skin, goes blotchy after a 2h wear - even when i apply Chanel Loose Powder to set it.

I think this foundation is ideal for someone who have moderate oil on their skin ("normal" skintype") with slight discolouration. Its a lovely product to work with and sits nice on the skin.

Im nc 20 and B20 suits my skincolour very well.

I'm now using "Sisley Oil Free Fluid Foundation" which is amaaaaaazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by allisonnai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. It's definitely a "your skin but better" kind of foundation, meaning that it evens out your skin tone and gives it a lovely finish. If you have hyper pigmentation, dark circles, or blemishes, you will need a concealer. It does tone down these problems, but it doesn't conceal them, as it is a light-medium coverage foundation. It's very expensive, but I think it's worth it. I use it for special occasions or on days when I want my skin to look really nice. My main issue with this foundation is that it doesn't hold up very well on oily skin. It looks perfect for 2-4 hours (my skin WILL get oily in this period of time but it'll just make the foundation look dewey), but after that point the foundation will start to look a little patchy if you don't blot.