September 1, 2014 | 1146 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun Loose Face Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by psychdr

I have been using Coty's Airspun Loose Powder since I had started wearing makeup as a teen. This is definitely the best. It never looks "cakey" and doesn't dry your skin. It hides flaws remarkably well and lasts throughout most of the day. Plus, you can't beat the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thrilled to find this for a buck at a Liquidation World here in Canada, as it's not sold here. I got Translucent (matte) and Luminous Translucent (slight shimmer).
The scent is strong but it is such a timewarp - I think everyone has had a woman in their life who used this. I love it.
The box is a visual delight - the graphic believed to have been done by Lalique - the packaging is a little fussy but just make holes or a small tear in the film, and shake out into the lid for brushing.
I hate foundation and only use powder. I've tried BE, Clinique Almost Powder, and Purestay. These have worked OK, but I didn't get much improvement to my face...just a mediocre sort of eeeehh.
This powder is amazing. It blends so easily into the skin and I really felt that I was glowing. It is a little jolt of pleasure to use with the box, and the scent...lasting power is admirable.
It will make you (and your dresser!) look lovely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by snake_hips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this powder and have been using it for years. Unfortunately, they discontinued my color, Rachel 1, many years ago (hence why I removed one lippie). I still find it on some discount sites and occasionally on eBay, so I still wear it. Doesn't hurt that my name is Rachel. :-D

I love the flawless finish, the lightweight texture, and the smell of it (reminds me of my youth when my mom wore it). The fragrance doesn't bother me nor does the talc.

I will repurchase if I can continue to find my Rachel 1.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by rebeccameredith

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This powder is just amazing. After running after the high end powders for years (and a few midprice) I come to this extremely cheap powder that looks just like velvet when I apply it. I just had to get on here and sing the praises of this incredible find. You can apply it lightly with a brush to get a polished look and less coverage, or with a puff and get more coverage, a beautiful velvet finish - in fact, you can use just this over some concealer and it' would probably be all you need when used with the puff. However, i have a good bit of skin discoloration, so use it over the foundation, right now , it's Givenchy which is a medium coverage foundation - I finish with this, and I look nearly flawless - nothing, no other powder makes my skin look this nice, even my husband who does not like it when i wear makeup he can see alot of, told me how beautiful I looked - worth EVERY penny and then some.
Only wish they would come out with some different design on the container, sort of get tired of the same old. You can either pin prick the plastic cover sheet and use it as a sifter - or grab a sifter from another loose powder or take off the plastic sheeting all together and use it straight on.. it's amazing how much of this you can put on and it doesnt look cakey, streak or anything.
I have this in 3 colors.. right now in the winter, i'm using this in Naturally Neutral, which is about a MAC NC20. It's so cheap, it's worth a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by ADIOS_AHOLES

The darkest color that had no pink/rose in it still made me look pale. And I believe it is making me break out. I have SUPER sensitive skin. This powder is ok, but I really wish I hadn't ventured out for something new. There's just some things you need to spend a little extra on and if your HG happens to be that something, keep it that way. As soon as I can I will go back to my HG and hope my face clears up soon!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by jenzbugrulz

I really like this stuff! I thought I wouldn't since it has been around for ages, BUT I really love it! The stuff goes on smooth and doesn't cake. It also reminds me of smells from my childhood....I belive my aunt and grandma used to wear it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by genalewis

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been avoiding makeup with talc in it for years. I'm not really sure why, other than the fact that "they" say it's bad. So I turned to mineral makeup, and watched my skin dry out and itch and look worse than it EVER has. I figured I was just getting older and my skin type was changing and becoming drier...that's just how it goes when you get older, right? I had been wanting to try Coty Airspun after seeing all the rave reviews on MUA. When I went to purchase it, I noticed that talc is one of the main ingredients. I thought I'd try it anyway. After using it for a while now, I have to say that I think my skin missed the talc! Besides the finish being very light and smooth, the condition of my skin has greatly improved. People have noticed the change and are commenting frequently. My face looks absolutely flawless when I wear this, and my makeup stays fresh all day long with no touchups. It controls oil superbly. It's amazing that such an inexpensive and "old-school" product works so well. I think I'll stick with this product for a while.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by dee0219

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Coty Airspun Face Powder is the biggest staple in my makeup bag. This is not for the people with dry skin or people who think that bag packaging is a deal breaker. It is for people whose skin can behave or be tamed with products, and for someone who wants a natural finish to their makeup. The first time I used this product, even my boyfriend noticed how much better my makeup looked. I was hooked after that, and that was two years ago. I have continuously bought this product because of how light it is, and how absolutely flawless it makes my face look. I have normal skin, so I work well with this product. On dry days, when I have them, the makeup can tend to accentuate those areas -- so I take care to moisturize with something thick. The packaging leaves much to be desired, and I am one of those people who love sifter jars. The packaging problem (one piece of film over the top of the product) is easily fixed -- I poke some holes in it with a pin, and it's my own make shift sifter. i have found nothing other than the packaging that is bad about this product. My mom used it, her mom used it, and it's been around that long for a good reason -- a lot of people love it.

There IS a faint smell to this product, so beware before you buy. It's not strong, and it doesn't smell like funeral home at all, so don't let that throw you off. It is worth what very little money it costs, and comes completely fully (unlike some other products) when you get it. I will continue to buy this product probably for the rest of my makeup wearing life.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by dhuma

Ugh, I was so thrilled to get this product. The reviews were all so great, and it was super cheap. Unfortunately, this powder does NOT control my oil. Right now I only use it to catch fall out when I'm applying dark eye shadow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 8:23:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this powder! I tried two shades hoping for good results but it just didn't work for me. No matter how I tried the powder looked cakey and heavy on me. I didn't mind the fragrance and the retro packaging is cute. Its worth a try to see if it works for you, can't beat the price!