April 16, 2014 | 1765 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun face powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by sweetcg49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so glad to see this product reviewed here. My grandmother used this powder, as did my mother. I don't mind the fragrance at all. I use a big fluffy brush to dust it on over my foundation, and my whole face looks better. It is excellent quality and lasts a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 6:35:00 PM More reviews by pattyshine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder! So it's an oldie - so what. I have used expensive, tinted, non-talc, you name it, loose powder. But, I always come back to this.

The shades are muted, so they do not interfere with your base' color. I use muted beige over any foundation I have, even a powder foundation! Though a bit drying, it helps with the appearance of wrinkles - no kidding. I have several different shades. I use several different foundations under this powder, As I said, even my powder foundation gets a whiff of this. My secret? I just dip the edge of my Merle Norman puff in this powder, then I pat it on my hand, then I lightly pat this powder on. I am now finished, even if I am an older lady, and I get compliments from strangers on my complexion.
You just about cannot fail with this. I rated it only four because it is a bit drying, but with a good moisturizer under your favorite foundation, this powder is an absolute jewel!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 10:10:00 AM More reviews by CAlady

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent fine milled powder that stays on my makeup resistant nose and doesn't accent my large pores or break me out. I put a little on when I don't want to do a full face but need to cover my nose. Skin texture on my nose is very different than on the rest of my face (the result of years in the sun without sunscreen) and almost all products go on streaky or blotchy or clump. But after application, my nose finally matches my face. Better for me than LeClerc. Be sure to use a sifter or make one by puncturing the film or you'll have a mess. I used to see this in the stores and think " who still uses that stuff"? Well now I know--lots of SMART women.

PS When I was a kid I remember both of my grannies using this powder while sitting at their vanities (the kind with the full length mirror in the center and drawers on either side. The powder was fully exposed once the box was opened and the puffs that were used for application had cute little handles like the ones illustrated on the box.It was applied by first using one of the puffs to pick up the powder from the box and apply it to the face with patting but swirly motions. Then after a few minutes, the second puff was used to remove the excess . Funny the things that stay in our memories.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

I love this powder. I have used it for years as a staple in my cosmetic wardrobe. I could not believe it when I seen it reviewed here, so I have to add my own words. Everything you ladies said is true of Coty. Coty use to be the big name of the cosmetic world and I loved their products. I just wish they would bring back their lipsticks! I miss Coty lipstick so much, I tried to purchase one of my favorite colors from Ebay. ;-) Yes it came, and it was the same lovely shade of pink, but the smell was almost gone and it smelled old. Let's face it, it was old. I bought it for the memories. I have it on my vanity shelf. Of course I do not use it. It is way old and dried out, and the smell is almost gone, but I use it to compare color. I have yet to find a color that equals it.
Coty makes a great loose powder. I bought a back up just in case it too goes away, and I think it will. I love the smell of the Coty powder and the lipsticks fragrance has never been matched, nor it's shine, moisture, or creamy texture. How odd this is with all the new and latest ingredients companies are adding to their lipsticks and powders.
You all hear me talk about my favorite lipstick Guerlain. Coty lipstick use to be the only lipstick for me when it was available. It was just as wonderful of a product as Guerlain only way less expensive. Coty had all the wonderful qualities about it that made a woman feel more like a lady when she applied this very lush lippie. If there are any Coty reps out there reading these reviews, make cosmetic history, bring back the old recipe for Coty lipsticks, and a hard pressed powder! We will buy, and buy, and buy it all!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 7:14:00 AM More reviews by CatMc

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Of course, I have seen this powder for EVER, I even remember it in my grandmother's bathroom. I'm actually surprised I've never bothered to try it. After reading the reviews here, though, I thought I'd give it a try. It's cheap enough, right? It seems many reviewers hate the scent, but I love it. I guess I'm old school, I love scented cosmetics. They remind me of my childhood, when everything had a distinctive scent, like the old Revlon lipsticks. The powder itself is like air, so soft and fine. It goes on like a dream (I use an old-fashioned sheepswool paddle applicator), and though it looks a bit powdery at first, it soon melds into my skin and gives it an air-brushed look. Controls my oily skin pretty well, and I've had no breakouts. It even works in my eye area--I never put powder near my eyes, it makes me look instantly old and tired. But this one I can! This is a really lovely powder, I'm not surprised it's still around (since 1935!). I bought the Translucent Extra Coverage version.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by SG444

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This powder is surprisingly good. I'm impressed with how finely milled it is which allows it to go on very sheer, leaving a matte finish that isn't chalky. It controls shine very well, too, rivaling MAC's blot powder. I'm very fair and find many foundations and powders lean toward the pink side with their fair-toned products. I chose Naturally Neutral 070-11 because it was more neutral and less pink than the translucent and translucent plus shades, although it's still lighter than I'd like. I use this as a light dusting over my foundation. I haven't tried it on its own over moisturizer, but can tell it wouldn't provide much coverage, if that's what you're looking for. This powder doesn't accentuate fine lines and imperfections any more than other powders and it's better at giving an airbrushed, flawless finish and hiding pores. For the price, you can't beat it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 2:50:00 AM More reviews by perfumejunky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this powder since I was a teenager. I love it. Its not chalky but silky and it keeps me from shining like a light. I like the smell, if you don't like scented makeup, well you might not like this. But I love it. I have also used the luminious version of this as well as its great to give you just a soft glow, say for a night on the town.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For oily skinned girls like me, I think loose powders are the way to go. While black friday shopping, I decided to take the chance and try out this powder in Translucent. While the powder does have a slightly pink tone to it, I didn't see any color on my face when I applied this on.

People have complained about the cheap plastic film covering the powder, and I can see how this powder is a hassle & trouble for travel but I don't mind poking holes thru the plastic. This thing is heavily fragranced - I could still smell it on my face for a good hour after application and while it's a little annoying, it won't kill me.

It seems to have controlled oil better than my IOPE Pressed Powder foundation I was using before. I will try wearing this powder all day tomorrow and update this review.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by pretiiandroid

I love love love this!!! It is the best powder I have ever used and it's all i wear now. It doesn't bother my skin at all. You get a lot of product for what you pay. It has a very smooth and light texture and pretty good coverage for a powder. It also lasts a long time.
I love it so much I wish there was a pressed version so I could take it with me everywhere!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by lizzy666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So every day I have to re-do my whole face of make up at 1pm at work, because it melts off. You know, it creases and gets blotchy.With this...I don't have to. For real! I received this 2 days ago and love it. First, though the color translucent is a little dark, it blends. It really does just glide on and makes my skin look smooth. There IS coverage! I couldn't believe it. Usually I'll put on my foundation, my setting powder, and then powder foundation on my cheeks. I didn't need to! It looked better than anything I've ever done. Not only that, my face has not melted off. It still looks fresh (8 hours later)! The color hasn't changed. I just can't believe how soft I look, not to brag but I look airbrushed. also, I have enlarged pores on my nose, this just blended them away. I am dumbstruck. For YEARS I thought this was the cheapest, most bootleg thing I'd ever seen and never even considered it an option. I bought it while looking for a "light" colored powder from drugstore.com. I am so glad I did. I think it was like 7 dollars. I actually like the fragrance, it smells so polite, if you know what I mean. I HATE the packaging though, and like the other ladies, punched some holes in the plastic cover, and put a good sponge in there for application.
I noticed also, that when I applied it with a freshly cleaned brush (it was still slightly damp but I didn't notice.), that it went on wonderfuly. I'm going to buy a special loose powder travel case just for this. I can't say enough!
Oh, also, my skin reacts instantly (within hours) to things it does not like. Nothing yet.