Revlon Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

3.2

Water, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Stearic Acid, Cera Alba (Beeswax) (Beeswax), Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Trisiloxane, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Cera Carnauba Cire (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Triethanolamine, Bis Vinyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters, Isosteareth 200 Linoleate, Acacia Gum (Acacia Senegal) (Acacia Senegal), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Phytantriol, Nylon 6, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Panthenol, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsequioxane Copolymer, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Simethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1 2 Hexanediol, May Contain ( /-): (CI 77897), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77897), Black 2 (CI 77266) (CI 77266), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 6/7/2011 5:07:00 PM

I love this mascara, esp. for the huge brush which some might find too big for comfort for tiny lashes. Kind of reminds me of Benefit's Bad Gal Lash mascara, for the size of the brush. Goes on very smoothly and really makes my eyes pop. I use L'Oreal's Latisse knock-off lash growing formula, so don't know how much I can attribute my lashes getting longer and thicker from this mascara. The stuff does instantly lenghthen and thicken your lashes upon first application, but it is supposed to do that anyway right? Will h ave to update later.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I definitely think that this product has it's good points and bad points. The good points are that it really does help eyelashes grow... Or at least that's how I felt after a few days of using it. Also, the formula was nice and smooth and didn't go on clump for me. The bad points... Being Asian, it is hard for me to find mascaras that do not make my stick straight eyelashes go down down down! This mascara was no exception... Super droopy eyelashes that wouldn't hold a curl even after I used an eyelash curler. Also, the brush is so ridiculously huge that I could not apply without smudging.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I hate this mascara! The brush is WAY too big! I always end up having to wipe away parts of my shadow and under my eyes after use (which was only twice). If only I could return it!

on 6/4/2011 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This mascara formula is a lot drier than expected. The dry consistency makes it rather difficult to transfer the mascara from the brush onto my lashes. Rather than simply sweeping the mascara on and running out the door, I have to spend some time to slowly and carefully go over my eyelashes multiple times in order to coat them thoroughly with the mascara. And instead of wiggling the brush back and forth horizontally, which I usually do with runnier mascara formulas, I can only sweep upward from root to tip or else my lashes will stick together in dry clumps. But while I am not a big fan of the application, I really like the results. I bought this mascara after seeing pictures of long and gorgeous eyelashes posted by fellow MUA-ers on this review page, and let me tell you, those pictures do not lie. My lashes look super long upon initial application. I don't think I've been using it long enough to notice any actual lengthening of my eyelashes, but at least I get instant gratification! The bonus that comes out of using a mascara with such a dry texture is that I can gently sweep the brush over my bottom lashes and not weigh them down with goopy mascara. I've tried applying mascara to my bottom lashes before with other mascaras and it had never worked for me because I usually get a lot of smearing and wet clumps. This mascara deposits the right amount for bottom lashes. The brush is also huge! Some people like large brushes, and some people don't, so keep this in mind. The last thing I want to say is that I am not a fan of the turquoise color, which makes the product look cheap and old-fashioned in my opinion. I guess the fact that the tube is shiny makes it look better (imagine if this tube were made of a dull plastic!), but I personally feel that black would look better.

UPDATE: Oh my goodness, this stuff actually made my lashes grow longer! I definitely notice a difference in the length of my lashes and I really love it! Now I can wear volumizing mascaras and people will ask me what I'm wearing because my lashes look so long AND full! Even though I am not a huge fan of how my lashes look with the Grow Luscious mascara, I'll keep wearing it on my "off days" to keep conditioning my lashes.

I love love love this mascara! I acutally use it in conjunction with the went n wild clinical serum and its AWESOME!!! Buy it NOW. My lashes are soft,dark, natural, not clump just gorgeous

on 6/3/2011 5:40:00 PM

i dont really like revlon mascaras, but they outdid themselves with this one. i love the tube and the color, thats what got my attention lol so i wanted to give it a try and i loved it! , it clumps a little bit but not a big deal, i like the volume it gives me, hey i cant complain no mascara is perfect, i want to try other mascaras from the drugstore that give me volume and makes them look fuller, any suggestions? but for now i like this one i dont mind trying out others.

on 6/3/2011 4:23:00 PM

I personally love this mascara. I'm on my 2nd tube(and I've never finished a tube of mascara befor because I switch so often). I use it everyday. It doesn't clump for me and I don't get spider lashes. I've noticed my eyelashes look and feel healthier. My lashes don't fall out as much and they are softer. I wouldn't apply more than 2 coats, though, that's when you start to see flakes. I live in Georgia, and we have excessive humidity. I've found that it can smudge a bit on really hot, muggy days. But not enough for raccoon eyes. Overall, this is one of my fave mascaras.

on 6/1/2011 8:13:00 PM

This is the WORST mascara I have tried in a very long time. First, I really disliked the applicator. I had just come from using Maybelline One by One, and I LOVED that applicator. This applicator is a traditional one and does not apply mascara to each individual lash. I found the formula was very thick, weighed my lashes down, was clumpy, and flaked off underneath my eyes by mid day. I will never buy this again. I highly recommend any of the newer Maybelline mascaras instead.

on 5/31/2011 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is my FAVORITE mascara. I absolutely love it. It lengthens my lashes and thickens them. doesn't smudge. I adore the classic brush. On my 3rd tube and will but it over and over again.

on 5/31/2011 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought the new plumping version of this mascara that promises volume, but I experienced a lot more length than volume. I have naturally longer lashes, and my problem is volume. This mascara definetly defines my lashes and makes them very noticeable height-wise. Flakes a little when I apply a few coats, but other than that it doesn't give you dark flakey eyes at the end of the day. I definetly recommend this over the 'Falsies' volume express one, because that mascara is just a trip to flake city.
Overall, a nice, dark mascara that is better for length than volume.

(Note: If you're wanting to make your eyelashes grow, I'd suggest olive oil or Latisse. This mascara is kind of like getting a haircut every month, the more you keep your hair healthy and strong with a haircut, the less and less hair you have to get cut, making it seem like your hair grows faster with haircuts. This mascara is strengthening your eyelashes, keeping them healthier and strong....not actually making them grow like Latisse.)