Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

3.2

Water, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Stearic Acid, Cera Alba (Beeswax) (Beeswax), Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Trisiloxane, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Cera Carnauba Cire (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Triethanolamine, Bis Vinyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters, Isosteareth 200 Linoleate, Acacia Gum (Acacia Senegal) (Acacia Senegal), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Phytantriol, Nylon 6, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Panthenol, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsequioxane Copolymer, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Simethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1 2 Hexanediol, May Contain ( /-): (CI 77897), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77897), Black 2 (CI 77266) (CI 77266), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

This is a great dupe for Benefit BadGal Lash. The brush is exactly the same and it has the same effect, for a fraction of the price. This mascara is perfect for someone who has long lashes, but lashes that are on the thin side. I have really long, sparse lashes and this mascara thickens them up really well.

on 6/8/2011 1:06:00 PM

This is a great mascara. I have tried practically everything from HE brands as samples, GWP, or part of a set. I'm prone to eye infections and styes and usually toss an open tube after about 6 weeks so I don't like to pay more than $10. I buy the one in the green reflective tube and I don't know if it has really made my lashes grow but I love the way it makes them look. It isn't waterproof but it has held up well through tears and rain. It is lengthening but doesn't give much volume so I like to wear it with a black tightline or add a coat volumizing mascara. I had medical hair loss and when my lashes started growing back they were very light and this product coated the entire lash without clumping at all. They've grown back now and I think they look darker and longer than they did before I got sick.

on 6/7/2011 10:53:00 PM

Just an average mascara for me. Supposedly this is also thickening but it didn't really do that. I didn't see much growth at all although it did temporarily make my lashes appear longer. Hated the brush. If you want a lash-growing mascara try Rimmel's Lash Accelerator, it's really great!

I bought this mascara for a deal (2 for $10) so I suppose I didn't feel too ripped off considering I basically got one for $5. Thank the good lord I bought it on sale. Terrible mascara.

First, pros:
1. I am glad I bought it on sale.

2. I did, truth be told (and against all odds considering most people's opinions on the matter), like the mascara wand and brush. I like thicker, larger brushes. It reminded me of the Dior mascara brushes.

3. I did like the growth I saw (albeit it was only for the first 2 weeks). I like the packaging; it was classy.

Second, the cons:
1. I HATED the amount of time it took to put it ON. I wasted infinite amounts of time trying to build up the mascara on my eyelashes until they looked the way I had wanted to. It was so annoying.

2. I HATED the amount of time it took me to take OFF this mascara. Considering how long it took to put on, I assumed it would be easier to take off; somehow less permanent. Wrong. It took forever. I used warm water, olive water, makeup remover with oil, makeup remover without oil. I mean, it was a painstaking process taking the makeup off.

3. I HATED how it (initially) was responsible for growth, then eventually became responsible for the loss of eyelashes. It was such a pain to take off and eventually my lashes started falling out from the stress/pressure.

4. I HATED how the formula dried out so quickly. It took less than a month for me (personally). I was so disappointed at the amount of usage I got from this mascara. Mascara OUGHT to last about 2-3 months. This one did not. The 2 mascaras I got lasted about 1 month each.

5. I HATED how the mouth of the mascara was so wide, permitting air to flow in and dry the formula out quicker. It is known the more air you pump into your mascara, the quicker it will dry out. With or without pumping the mascara wand, because of the gaping opening to the mascara, the formula dried out so quickly.

Needless to say, I will not be purchasing this mascara again. Ever. I am not willing to put my lashes through so much stress (not literally, of course, but you get what I mean...I hope) just for 2 weeks of growth. They were sparse and short by the time I finally gave up on this mascara. DIS-AP-POIN-TING. Take it from a girl who used 2 tubes before throwing in the towel.

Hopefully other people have better luck but if you have not purchased this mascara yet, I suggest you never do. Do not believe the ads. I mean, sure there is some growth, but for the amount of cons that accompany the 2 weeks-ish of growth, it just is not worth it.

on 6/7/2011 5:07:00 PM

I love this mascara, esp. for the huge brush which some might find too big for comfort for tiny lashes. Kind of reminds me of Benefit's Bad Gal Lash mascara, for the size of the brush. Goes on very smoothly and really makes my eyes pop. I use L'Oreal's Latisse knock-off lash growing formula, so don't know how much I can attribute my lashes getting longer and thicker from this mascara. The stuff does instantly lenghthen and thicken your lashes upon first application, but it is supposed to do that anyway right? Will h ave to update later.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I definitely think that this product has it's good points and bad points. The good points are that it really does help eyelashes grow... Or at least that's how I felt after a few days of using it. Also, the formula was nice and smooth and didn't go on clump for me. The bad points... Being Asian, it is hard for me to find mascaras that do not make my stick straight eyelashes go down down down! This mascara was no exception... Super droopy eyelashes that wouldn't hold a curl even after I used an eyelash curler. Also, the brush is so ridiculously huge that I could not apply without smudging.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I hate this mascara! The brush is WAY too big! I always end up having to wipe away parts of my shadow and under my eyes after use (which was only twice). If only I could return it!

on 6/4/2011 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This mascara formula is a lot drier than expected. The dry consistency makes it rather difficult to transfer the mascara from the brush onto my lashes. Rather than simply sweeping the mascara on and running out the door, I have to spend some time to slowly and carefully go over my eyelashes multiple times in order to coat them thoroughly with the mascara. And instead of wiggling the brush back and forth horizontally, which I usually do with runnier mascara formulas, I can only sweep upward from root to tip or else my lashes will stick together in dry clumps. But while I am not a big fan of the application, I really like the results. I bought this mascara after seeing pictures of long and gorgeous eyelashes posted by fellow MUA-ers on this review page, and let me tell you, those pictures do not lie. My lashes look super long upon initial application. I don't think I've been using it long enough to notice any actual lengthening of my eyelashes, but at least I get instant gratification! The bonus that comes out of using a mascara with such a dry texture is that I can gently sweep the brush over my bottom lashes and not weigh them down with goopy mascara. I've tried applying mascara to my bottom lashes before with other mascaras and it had never worked for me because I usually get a lot of smearing and wet clumps. This mascara deposits the right amount for bottom lashes. The brush is also huge! Some people like large brushes, and some people don't, so keep this in mind. The last thing I want to say is that I am not a fan of the turquoise color, which makes the product look cheap and old-fashioned in my opinion. I guess the fact that the tube is shiny makes it look better (imagine if this tube were made of a dull plastic!), but I personally feel that black would look better.

UPDATE: Oh my goodness, this stuff actually made my lashes grow longer! I definitely notice a difference in the length of my lashes and I really love it! Now I can wear volumizing mascaras and people will ask me what I'm wearing because my lashes look so long AND full! Even though I am not a huge fan of how my lashes look with the Grow Luscious mascara, I'll keep wearing it on my "off days" to keep conditioning my lashes.

I love love love this mascara! I acutally use it in conjunction with the went n wild clinical serum and its AWESOME!!! Buy it NOW. My lashes are soft,dark, natural, not clump just gorgeous

on 6/3/2011 5:40:00 PM

i dont really like revlon mascaras, but they outdid themselves with this one. i love the tube and the color, thats what got my attention lol so i wanted to give it a try and i loved it! , it clumps a little bit but not a big deal, i like the volume it gives me, hey i cant complain no mascara is perfect, i want to try other mascaras from the drugstore that give me volume and makes them look fuller, any suggestions? but for now i like this one i dont mind trying out others.