Almay Non-Oily Eye Makeup Remover Pads

3.6

Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol 12-29-2010

on 11/15/2006 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really didn't like this product - I'm surprised it is so popular. 'slaingll' wrote a review back on 6/23/06 and it sounds identical to my experience with the product and I too wear hardly any eye makeup (shadow, light mascara and a little liner, all NON-waterproof). I used this product last night and my eyes are still irritated more than 24 hours later. I still have some residual makeup 'rings' under my eyes as well (and this is after washing my face twice since I used the pads and also using a water-moistened q-tip along my lower-eye rim to try to get more makeup off). I really do not recommend this - I don't know if maybe we are super sensitive, but my eyes are killing me.

In case you're curious, here is slaingll's review:
by slaing11 on 6/23/2006 12:05:00 PM
"I tried this eye make-up remover after reading many spectacular reviews on it. I was not impressed. I had to use about 3 pads per eye to remove all of my eye make-up (it was not water-proof), and after all of the rubbing my eyes were super irritated, and I still woke up the next morning with rings of make up under my eyes. I don't wear a lot of eye make-up (eye liner, one sheer eye shadow, and mascara) and I thought that it should have done a better job. "
continued >>

on 11/15/2006 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Simply the best.

If you're reading this and you need to find something to remove you're eye makeup, exit out of your browser, run to the store, and buy this.

on 11/14/2006 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the only eye makeup remover that I have ever felt comfortable using. It is flawless. I will never buy any other kind (unless Almay someday discontinues it, although I doubt that will happen, as it has been on the market for eons). It is the standard by which all eye makeup removers should be judged.

on 10/29/2006 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is a truly wonderful product. I bought it after hearing (and reading here on MUA!) so many good things about them. I must agree! I've found that this product removes my makeup just as well and is just as non-irritating as Lancome's Bi-Facil. Since it is way, way cheaper, I will definitely be switching over to these permanently. The pads are small, but I find that they are saturated with enough product that I can remove all of my eye makeup on both eyes with one pad. (I don't wear waterproof makeup, but I do wear a ton of non-waterproof mascara and eyeliner). As a Night & Day contact lense wearer, I have really sensitive eyes, and these don't irritate them at all. Absolutely no stinging - yay. Plus, they'r really convenient for travel - no need for cotton balls/pads, there is no risk of spillage, and the container is compact. At such a low price, everyone should try this product once.

I adore this product. It easily takes even the darkest eye makeup off without tugging and pulling my eyelids. Everyone should own this stuff.

on 10/19/2006 1:16:00 PM

I love these! They don't irritate my eyes (and my eyes are very irritable), aren't overly saturated, and remove even stubborn, waterproof makeup with no trouble. They're so much more convenient than a separate remover and Q-tip or cotton ball. Because they're not super-satured, however, make sure you put the lid on tightly after every use. These have a tendency to dry-out quickly if left open.

on 10/6/2006 9:14:00 PM

I absolutely adore these pads! They remove every trace of eye makeup without tugging on the sensitive eye area, plus they are so much more convenient than eye makeup removers that require a cotton ball. However, I fear that they may soon be discontinued because I spotted them at Big Lots at a huge discount. Needless to say I stocked up on these babies (only $2 for a jar of 100 wipes)! I have my fingers crossed that they continue selling these.

on 9/22/2006 10:59:00 AM

Great makeup remover! These pads are so easy to use. They aren't oily or overly goopy. They are perfect to pull out and wipe off either a little or a lot of eye makeup - they get it all. Make sure you close the lid of the container tight after each use. I've been rushed in the past and left it off for too long and the pads will dry out (duh). Easy to use and portable - don't have to worry about bringing along cotton balls!

on 9/15/2006 12:05:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

LOVE THEM! They're perfect for getting off every fleck of mascara and sparkly eyeshadow that you could possibly put on your eyes! Plus, they're not oily at all, don't sting your eyes and are safe for people with contacts. Why buy an eye make-up remover and then have to go through the hassle of soaking up a cotton ball, wasting half of the product anyway, and getting cotton stuck on your eye when it's already in a convenient pad for you? If you haven't tried them, I highly recommend it!

These pads have become a staple for me. Very convenient, does the job, and the price is right! Highest recommendation!