April 17, 2014 | 975 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by prettygreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can hardly fault this foundation - what was I doing before I got it! It's absolutely superb. For starters it has a lovely scent, as opposed to the painty-smell. It's highly buildable, depending on whether you're having a break-out or want to even out your skin tone. I find it's best applied with fingertips (but I might invest in a real techniques brush soon).

One of my very few problems with it is the colour - I bought 53, and when building it up it can get very dark. Perhaps purchase 52 next time. The yellow undertone in it is great, however. Also, the size of the bottle is quite small, but for 9.99 how can I really complain.

Bourjois knock it out the park again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 7:09:00 AM More reviews by christinaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a great foundation. I have super oily skin (and I mean it when I say SUPER) and it works okay for me. No product in this world can make me shine-free, even with powder, primer etc. So I don't have any high hopes for this controlling oil. My skin doesn't produce more oil than usual whilst wearing this though. It is not marketed as an oil control foundation either. It's quite moisturising and gives a somewhat dewy finish. I think it would be great for people with normal-dry skin.
This foundation does not separate which is one thing I love about it. It stays well put despite my oily skin. And it also looks quite natural.
The cons are: not a good color range and oxidizes to a darker color after a few hours. I would definitely suggest you buy a lighter shade than a darker one.
Other than that, yes I would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have quite oily skin so I wasn't expecting much from this foundation but after all the good reviews, I couldn't resist giving it a try. I purchased mine online from echemist.co.uk for around $14USD. I am NW20 and purchased shade 52. The texture of this foundation is really nice, it blends in effortlessly and smells quite good. I find the color match to me pretty perfect as well. On my skin, when powdered, this lasts probably 6 hours, which is about average for my skin. I like the coverage, I'd say it's a solid medium coverage foundation. I actually really like it and will probably repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by yaiza123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

At first I really loved this foundation. It has a medium to full coverage, which i kinda need. It doesnt have a silly smell like a lot of foundations, the packaging has a pump and even the colour (52) which is a light neutral shade was a pretty close match to my own skintone. Adding that its around 14 euro's which isnt that expensive, I was really pleased. So I was kinda dissapointed to notice that it has no durability what so ever. For me it lasts around +/- 3 Hours and the company claims it lasts 16. Course not a single foundation will ever do that, but 3 hours was just too little for me. I havent really seen this problem in many reviews, so it might just be my skin (Dry - normal). All and all decent foundation. Many pro's, just one Con which is sort of a dealbreaker.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by awsmsauce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

HG foundation for sure! I'm a mix of shade 52 and 53 (I'm SLIGHTLY fairer than an NC30) but I usually just get 53 and it works fine - doesn't look too dark or weird or anything. Extremely smooth, blendable (I use my fingers), doesn't break me out and lasts throughout the day. Looks extremely natural too, but this might not be a good thing for someone with a lot of acne to cover up. It has light to medium coverage, and is buildable without looking cakey. You'll have to set it with powder if you're oily though. I definitely recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by kpatterson46

love this product i am shade 51, this foundation has a yellowish undertone and feels weightless on your skin, i have combination sking but some dry patches , this foundation glides across them and doesn't look patchy. kinda on the pricy side for a low end foundation ,but worth every penny . lasts a good amount of time on your skin and i dont feel like i need to touch up as much throughout the day. I usually don't like scented products but this smells AMAZING! Cant really smell once applied so its not overpowering on your face.
would recommend this to anyone , i even think this would be suitable for oily skins :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by raisinbagels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

AWESOME foundation!!

I think this is the best foundation for beginners especially, the texture is SO different from traditional liquid foundations and is so great. It's kind of this gel texture that blends seamlessly into the skin. This is the best part about the foundation!! It really gives quite flawless coverage.

The coverage is light-medium and buildable, but I generally think it's better to use foundation as just the base and to use concealor to cover up areas - so that you don't have to cake on foundation. It comes out of the bottle looking a little on the grey side, but I haven't found this to be a problem (I am a Mac NC20 and use 54 Beige, perfect color match).

I have oily skin and I think it lasts pretty much all day, I've never had a huge problem with it sliding off my face yet. It will get oily quicker though so keep some oil blotters or tissues around.

Other benefits: It smells quite nice and fruity, and the pump bottle is awesome!

In conclusion: Great texture and finish, good colour match for me, decent coverage, lasts quite long, reasonable price. MUST TRY.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by pashmeash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i can't believe i'm going to write this, but for someone like me who has extremely dry skin, this goes on even better than the bourjois healthy mix serum gel foundation. i bought that initially several months ago because i figured it would be more moisturising, and it definitely was. i think that foundation is excellent. however i do find the finish i can get with the original healthy mix is slightly better (the serum can look a little too shiny on me sometimes) and there's more coverage as well. i've got acne scarring and while the serum evened out the skin tone, i found myself wishing it had a bit more oomph.

the healthy mix is absolutely lovely to apply (i use a damp sponge). like the serum, i appreciate that it's more yellow toned and doesn't go down the pinky-peach undertones route that other drug store foundations do. but the shade selection sucks just as badly; i'm more of a 51.5 than either a 51 or 52, so i bought a 52 and mix it with a bit of the serum i bought in 51 and it's perfect. i would say the foundation is easily built up to good medium coverage, which is exactly where i like it. it's never even come close to looking cakey on me, but i haven't tried layering it for full coverage. the smell isn't as prominent as in the serum, but it's still nice and i don't find it unpleasant.

on my dry skin it would easily last 8 hours but for more oily skins it may not work as well. i do still powder over the top but unlike the serum, i don't think it necessarily needs it. it is so completely absorbed by the skin that it doesn't even look like foundation, and while it's semi-matte it still gives a really healthy glow. i love this shit so much, it's worth giving a go if you're stuck with finding a foundation that works for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by threehours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gives my skin a lovely glow which i love but unfortunately doesn't offer the amount of coverage i need. To get the coverage i want i have to really layer this foundation and then it tends to look far too orange and i'm using the lightest shade. Another thing i love about this foundation is it doesn't accentuate any dry patches at all, i've put it on this morning without even using a moisturiser/primer underneath and usually with other foundations when i do this the dry areas of my face are really noticable but not with this. Great for dry skin, gives your skin a nice glow and reasonably priced but if you're looking for something with a bit more coverage i'd invest in a good concealer to go with it or buy a foundation with more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by TiTiTam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The color I used: 54 Beige
I like this foundation, but for my oily skin, I need a lot of powder to set the foundation, even in winter.
Totally recommend if you have dry or combination skin, but it's a so-so foundation for oily skin I will say. But the coverage it offered is good. I use it when it is not so high humidity in my city. Bought this for HKD149, not cheap but also not expensive.