Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 4/13/2013 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a great drugstore foundation. It gives a gorgeous dewy glow and I love the smell. I think it needs a decent setting powder for it to work otherwise it does slide a bit during the day. Has decent medium coverage but I prefer medium to full which is why I didn't give it full marks.

on 4/12/2013 2:42:00 PM

I love this foundation. I've been using cream foundations for a number of years as opposed to liquid, but wanted something a bit lighter for a change.

This is great - it gives the skin a dewey look, really fresh and healthy.

I'd say it gives a medium coverage - I have quite problem skin right now, I've had a few breakouts, but this seems to give me good coverage, and it's really buildable. I apply the foundation with a damp sponge rather than with my fingers, so I can't comment on how it 'feels' to blend in. Applying the foundation with a sponge perhaps helps with the dewey effect too, although obviously you use slightly more of the foundation when you apply in this way.

I set it with powder, and it lasts all day for me (although it's not been so hot here this week - hoping that it will last as long in the summer months). It also smells really nice, which is unusual for a foundation!

Overall, I would definitely recommend, and will be buying this again.

on 4/12/2013 3:25:00 AM

I love it. I had the original Healthy Mix Foundation and I loved it too. They have both light-medium coverage,blend easy,last about 10 hours. I just love them

on 4/11/2013 5:09:00 PM

After reading the comments, I ordered Bourjois from the UK. I ordered color #51 which was correct for my skin tone. I have combination oily T-zone skin with a few sun spots. I was disappointed in the coverage and lasting ability. I think I'll stick with Cargo brand liquid foundation #20 about $35. They have Cargo at Ulta stores and you can order online.

on 4/11/2013 11:33:00 AM

So, apparently I'm the first one to review Bourjois' new version of the Healthy Mix Foundation - here we go then:

PROS:
- Lovely smell
- Gorgeous texture. I apply this with my fingers, it glides on and blends effortlessly.
- Light to medium coverage, buildable. Looks very natural. Glowy finish.
- Affordable price, the 30ml will last me quite a while as well (usually 9 months up to a year).
- Nice glass packaging with a pump.
- Having worn it for about 10 hours now, it looks mighty fine. I had to blot my t-zone halfway through, but the foundation is definitely still on.

CONS:
- The colour selection isn't the greatest. The undertones suit me very well (they are quite yellow), but their lightest shade (51 Light Vanilla) is still a smidgen too dark for me (N10ish).

HOW IT COMPARES TO THE OTHER VERSIONS:
- Regarding the finish, this is pretty much in between the original version and the serum. It is glowier than the original, but not as dewy as the serum. Therefore, this may be an excellent option for those with drier to normal skin, who don't want the massive dewiness of the serum version, but for whom the original was too drying. I have combination skin, so I powder it and it holds up fine.
- Like the serum, this comes in a glass bottle, which looks nicer than the plastic one, but is also heavier. Also, I quite liked the pump system of the original version, because you could easily see how much was left and it seemed to be less wasteful. I don't usually carry my foundation with me though, so I don't care too much about that.

VERDICT:
This may be my favourite foundation yet. Now that my skin has gotten a lot better, I can actually get away with light coverage, and if I have a bad skin day, I just double this up or use a concealer on top. The texture is simply to die for, it feels great and is ever so easy to apply. The finish is very natural and glowy. I think I'm in love :-)

on 4/8/2013 11:00:00 AM

I had never used Bourjois foundation before but I saw this and decided to try it, I brought this in vanilla the lightest shade which was good for my fair skin. My skin is very red and scarred so this foundation needed a heavy coverage concealer as well as it doesn't cover blemishes very well. Although the price and overall use of this foundation is good for everyday use.

Cannot live without this. It stays on really well. Doesn't cause me any skin problems and looks really natural. I gave it 3 for packaging though as the pump stopped working on my first bottle and it wasted half the product when I couldn't get it out. I set this with Chanel loose powder and it lasts all day with no touch ups. It's a bargain and I recommend it very highly.

on 4/7/2013 11:29:00 AM

I found this foundation really sheer, and had to keep building and building to get a nice look, so if you are looking for medium to full coverage then this isn't for you. I bought the palest one they do and it was still slightly too dark for my skin, and it has a really orange tinge to it. I didn't think this evened out my skin tone at all, I was still having to use concealer and powder on top to give a better coverage and even out the colour on my face, which is disappointing. I found it quite greasy on my face, but I have dry skin so this helped to keep my face moisturised and kept the foundation on all day without drying out. However I expect for somebody with oily skin that this would be greasy and horrible by the end of the day.
Pros - smells nice, comes with a handy pump (always a winner with me) and nice lasting coverage if you only want something sheer.
Cons - oily, doesn't cover blemishes or even out skintone, and way too orange.

on 4/6/2013 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Nice formula, applies well and wears a long time. Didn't make me break out and also didn't stick to dry patches badly. It gives me medium coverage and just about evens out the skintone but I still need concealer.

The only thing I disliked is the fact the lightest shade still looks slightly orange. I find this weird because the lightest shade in the 10 hour sleep effect is perfect. Other than that I like it but I shall be going back to the 10 hour foundation when i'm done.

on 4/6/2013 5:32:00 AM

I went to a shop to get me a bottle of Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation, but was told it was discontinued or something :( So I purchased this one instead.
I knew it wouldn't be perfect for me because I have oily skin. After two hours my face was WET all over the place, and even powder didn't fix it.
The Serum gel also smells better to me. Healthy Mix is definitely an awesome foundation but if I could I would rather repurchase the serum.again. Now I use 123 Perfection by Bourjois and it's just what I wanted.

Video Reviews & Tutorials