October 20, 2014 | 1588 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2012 7:18:00 AM More reviews by alsturner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is too shiny and too yellow-based for me. I bought shade 52 'Vanilla', one of the lightest shades, and it made me look like I had jaundice. Should be alright for people with olive skin tones and dry/normal skin. Its not heavy on my skin, however I can feel it which isn't pleasant.
I don't really like the smell- its smells fruity, but not a natural fruity smell- it smells like chemicals.
Lasting power isn't too good. Probably lasts about 2 hours with powder before I start to shine through again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by elianachristina

This foundation breaks me ou so badly! It took a while since my skin became normal again. I'd rather stick with my Diorskin Nude foundation, although it's way more expensive. They are definetely not similar!
Bourjois Healthy Mix might work if you have dry skin. But if you have combination or Oily skin look elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

I really like this foundation. I wear it in #53 and the colour match is great. I really like the packaging because itís very lightweight, itís transparent so you can see the quantity of foundation left, and the inner tube moves up with every pump so you can see if youíre going to run out soon.

I apply it using a MAC stippling brush all over my face, and set it with MACís Mineralize Finishing Powder. The coverage sits on the perfect line where you can still see my skin but covers the redness around my nose and my cheeks. Itís easy to remove and does not clog my pores!

The staying power is good as it lasts for a full work day even in Hong Kongís sticky and sweaty summer season. It does absolutely nothing to mattify my skin as I still have to bloat every two hours or so, but I love it regardless. Highly recommended guys!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by gilmore17

I have a love hate relationship with this product because it is oil free i assume its targeted for oily skinned individuals, i have mild combination skin majority of it is oily and this cilngs to any dry skin on my face even if it weren't noticeable beforehand even with moisturizer beneath the foundation seems no good, shade range is really good for an affordable brand and it lasts really well with or without powder, but i will only use it when im at my oiliest point as weird as that sounds but because of using washes to control the oil and balance my skin there just doesnt seem to be any time for me and this foundation lol

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by megmakeup94

The best foundation I have ever used! Gives an amazing coverage and doesn't leave my skin(normal) oily or dry, this product doesn't go a long way, but is still really worth getting , I love the scent of it! Only issues: the packaging is pretty tacky but hard to break and although it's great that there is a pump top , you can barely get any out!!!!! I recommend giving this product a go, the best I've ever used!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by n5357

I like this foundation, it's the first high street brand I've tried in years for foundation and it hasn't disappointed. Coverage is sheer, so I tend to use it more for daywear rather than nights out. I also find that the staying power isn't too great - I feel it needs retouching compared to more expensive brands. This may also be due to humidity however, as I live in India at the moment. Normally I cannot see this on my skin at all, it covers slight marks but appears invisible to the eye (which is great) but in the hot humid 48c heat we've had recently I find it has risen to sit on my skin and gone patchy. So not ideal for hot or humid climates. For the price though, i think it's a great natural day foundation, especially for the price. I don't much like the container though. I find the pump does not always perform well unless I've had it stood upright or not pumped it down in the last 30 seconds or so.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 3:42:00 AM More reviews by catherine2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

One of the few foundations I have repurchased and that says alot!

This just beats Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua on so many levels for me. Better colour match, better finish, doesn't highlight uneven skin texture, better coverage, is about a third of the price. I buy it on echemist.co.uk for $AU11 with free postage! Seriously can not beat that. Unfortunately they only stock shades 51-53 and are frequently out of stock. But if you have patience, you will be rewarded with dewy natural finish skin, that just looks like you were naturally blessed.
I wear shade 52 which is a perfect match for me (Mac nc20-25, Chanel B20, Revlon colorstay 180 sand beige is the exact same shade!)

As for longevity, this is its only downfall. Looks good on me for about 5 hours, and then it starts to get a little shiny and begins to wear off. However I have started to mix this 50/50 with Revlon Colorstay and I have to say this combination makes some kick-ass foundation! It still looks natural but lasts a lot longer. Try it if you own these two foundations!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by tv_viewer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my holy grail foundation! I have pale, sensitive, and acne prone skin so I have a hard time finding foundation that works for me. I've been using this foundation for a year and it's actually reduced the amount of breakouts I've had. It's comfortable and looks completely natural.

The only con is that I live in Canada and although Bourjois products are available here for some reason they don't sell this foundation (only the serum version) so it's a bit hard for me to track down.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by kafee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I've ever used. Initially i wanted to try the Bourjois healthy mix serum foundation, but none of the shades matched my skin tone, so I decided to try the original, in shade 54 (Beige). AND THE SHADE WAS PERFECT!!. This was the first Bourjois product I have ever tried and I must say, I'm really impressed :) I LOVE THE SCENT, however the packaging does feel a bit cheap compared to the serum version. The texture is really smoothe and silky and feels great whenever I go out. I don't use powder over this foundation and it still lasts :) Awesome foundation and will definitely buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by donaling

I really liked this product, it felt really light on, nice fruity smell off of it and the coverage is buildable. Also when I put it on first I got complements about my skin. Sadly it doesnt last long on. It sank into my pores after about 3 or 4 hours and wiped off easily even though I set it with powder. This was a disappointment for me because it started off so well.