Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 2/12/2013 4:38:00 AM

Alright. I have to say I'm liking this foundation - good value and fine coverage, blends like a dream and the smell is also delicious - overall, it's quite a joy to use this foundation.

Anyhow, since it's winter, my skin gets really dry, and in my case this foundation tends to highlight the dryness. Luckily sometimes I can use it with moisturiser and it looks great - but that's occasionally.
The second problem is 51 is still just slightly too dark for me when it has settled down on my skin.

Briefly said, I can't wait to try this at summer when my skin isn't dry and I've got a slight tan (I really do not get golden brown! Just enought that 51 is excellent match).

It's great foundation.

on 2/11/2013 1:26:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

First of all I have to make it clear that I have been using the Revlon Colorstay for the past 5 years and I have only tried 4-5 other foundations but I have always gone back to Revlon in the end because I just love the colour range and the staying power.

Having said that I heard a lot of great reviews about this foundation so I decided to buy the colours 52 and 53. The foundation is great. It lasts for a long time (since I have oily skin I knew that it wouldn't last the 16h it promised but 7-8 hours is still good enough for me)
52 matches my winter skin perfectly whereas with the Revlon foundation I need to mix Sand Beige with a darker shade to match my skin tone.
It also blends really nicely and doesn't feel heavy on your face.
The coverage is buildable and you get medium to full coverage giving me a dewy finish.

What I don't like about this foundation is the smell but it doesn't bother me too much. Another downside is that it is a little drying because even though I have oily skin during winter time I get dry patches and the foundation settles into the dry parts of my skin so I need to make sure that I pay attention to moisturise my skin properly before applying this foundation.

Overall I am very pleased with the foundation and I recommend it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Don't understand the hype on this product. I would understand why people with dry skin would do wonders however anyone with oily skin STAY AWAY . I have given it many goes over 2 months, with and without setting powders, strays etc best primers it still smears after a few hours and oxidises bad. Flower perfection is way better then this any day.

on 2/6/2013 8:26:00 AM

It is my favourite foundation so far. It has a good amount of coverage which can be buildable. Not cakey though it can sometimes be if you apply too much. Nice finish, not too matte not shiny at all, really natural. The colour range is not huge but me I'm 53 during the winter and 54 during the summer (maybe even 55 because I get easily tanned. The packaging is good except the fact that the pump of one of the bottles I got does not work properly and I have to press it again and again to get some decent amount. Can get a shiny after some time but it's not too much except if you have really oily face I guess.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When i bought this foundation online it was a shot in the dark, i thought it wouldn't live for the hype... but i was totally WRONG! i have very sensitive and acne prone skin . if you want to achieve the no make-up make-up look please buy this and try it for yourself i'm really picky when it comes to foundation and i don't like to put cheap crap stuff on my face since i have troubled skin... i was very skeptical at first but now it is my go to foundation... the only con is that sometimes it looks like my skin didn't absorbed totally the product but i changed my moisturizer and now is like a dream! for the record i live in a very hot and humid climate, usually i don't wear foundation daily but moisturiser and sunscreen so i can't really say if the foundation would handle harsh conditions. also a good primer would really help ... i like to use the Hourglass veil mineral primer under the Healthy Mix and it's soooooo longlasting...

About the color range: i really think they should expand the color wheel because this is an amazing foundation , i have light skin with neutral undertones and i wear #53 though sometimes i feel it's a little dark for my complexion... but since i live in Brazil my skin 'learned' to tan easily, my next buy will be a shade lighter for the winter.

on 2/2/2013 11:51:00 AM

I'm in love with this foundation it's very smooth didn't break me out look so natural medium coverage the only con that the shades are a little bit orange ,but Iit's ok by me cause i love it sooooooo much
I apply with my mac 187 & it look soooooooo good

on 2/1/2013 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

this is a good foundation but not as good as I expected.This doesn`t last all day, coverage is Light, and it's not that natural..I think you need to have a good skin to use it because coverage is limited. I bought 52-vanille, wich is a litltle dark for my sort of nc20 skin. So, I will go back to max factor lasting foundation, because on my skin it lasts until I take it off and has more coverage.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this foundation, it's not HG material but it's a very good foundation for its price.
For reference, I am NW20 and use shade 53. It seemed a little dark but once blended, it didn't look streaky & it also didn't oxidise which is great.
I was pleasantly surprised that this foundation has really good oil-control, I have oily & acne-prone skin and this controls shine and hasn't caused me any break-outs.
As I said, this foundation has great qualities but it did look dappled by the end of the day and I need something that can last the extra mile as I don't get a chance to use blotting sheets at work.
I would happily use this foundation if I were able to re-touch it when needed and it is a firm staple in my make-up bag when I don't fancy using MAC Studio Fix.

I took a lippie off because it is not super long-lasting and also because I don't like the smell. It's like they have tried to make it smell really fresh and fruity but it smells really processed and chemically to me.

I would recommend this foundation to anyone looking for a well-priced good quality foundation.

on 1/30/2013 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My HG foundation!! I regret buying Estee Lauder double wear after I tried this out:
- decent medium coverage
- does not feel/look like your wearing a mask
- blends beautifully into the skin
- great skin colour matches
- smells amazing! does not stink like make-up but smells fresh and fruity
- does not flare up my skin
- good value for money
- can get a bit oily but worth it for the way it looks on your skin. Oil can easily be controlled with a powder :) Prefer this so much compared to my Estee Lauder double wear. Just looks so much more natural on the skin

on 1/30/2013 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pro's: easily to blend, natural coverage, nice smell, ok packaging

Con's: DOES NOT LAST LONG!! My biggest pet peeve, even with primer and setting the foundation does not last beyond a few hours. Why pay money for something that does not last?

Video Reviews & Tutorials