TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

2.1

Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denatured, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Benzyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PVP, Kaolin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexylcinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Citrus Tangerina Peel Extract (Tangerine)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

What is this stuff? Thank God I have blonde hair because I can't imagine what this did to anyone with dark hair, upon applying it gave me this discusting white residue, that was sticky and hard to brush out. This dried out my hair and gave me a lot of breakage. I do not know who this would be good for, maybe someone with extremely oily virgin hair. If you have color treated hair, highlights etc, stay away from this. Again another really crappy product from Tresemme.

on 2/3/2011 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the product inside the bottle, but HATE the actual packaging. The dry shampoo smells really great and fresh, and I like the formula. It doesn't show up in my black hair if I follow the directions.
I bought the procuct, used it once or twice with no problem. Suddenly, the sprayer stopped working correctly and only released a heavy stream of the dry shampoo. Annoying, but I dealt with it by spraying the product onto my palms first and then applying to the roots.
Eventually, around halfway through the bottle, the sprayer stopped working together. I tried everything - rinsing cap and bottle opening in hot water, picking out all of the residue with a needle, I even tried putting on another cap that I grabbed from an unused Aussie hairspray I had in my cabinet - no dice. There must be a problem with the actual bottle.

on 2/1/2011 6:25:00 PM

The only upsides to this product are the smell & the container doesn't leak. I happen to like dry shampoo & was excited to see another drug store option. After trying this several times, I finally gave up. This makes literally no difference in how my hair looks. Fail.

on 1/30/2011 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It manages to keep my hair oil free for about 3-4 hours, but then my hair gets oily again. For the price it's pretty good.

on 1/30/2011 3:24:00 AM

i think this product is pretty decent , of course its not the best but hey its really cheap so what more can you expect ? it doesnt work well with dark hair cause it leaves whiteness all over your hair so people with dark hair would have to spray it on & rub it in so theres no whiteness . it leaves my hair feeling clean & has a nice fresh scent though (: i mean it works decent for a cheap dry shampoo .

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm surprised at all the bad reviews as I think this is a pretty decent product for the price. Of course, I do agree with some of the people on here that think the bad-review-givers are just not following directions. It sounds to me like a lot of people are popping off the lid, holding the nozzle 4 inches from their head and spraying the heck out of their hair. Actually, some of the reviews even SAID this is what they're doing. No wonder it doesn't work for them. People, learn to read the directions from the beginning to the end. If you follow them and the product doesn't work for you, then fine. I just don't see the need to complain about a product if you can't manage to use it correctly.

on 1/27/2011 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Bought this to give it a try, not the best dry shampoo ive used, ill stick with my oscar dry shampoo.
this product does reduce shine but hair doesn't feel clean when touched.
this give me AMAZING volume so i might buy it again for that

on 1/25/2011 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Left disgusting white film everywhere!

on 1/20/2011 12:19:00 PM

This is absolutely the worst dry shampoo I've ever used. And I've pretty much used them all on my fine, color treated, leaning towards the oily side hair. The smell is ok, packaging is adequate, but like many others before me have said, this product will make your hair oilier than before you used it. I tried it because of the price and availability. Never again. Klorane's and Rene Furterer's dry shampoos are the best, IMHO. PSSSST and Batiste work quite well, and their prices are more reasonable. The only other dry shampoo that I've used and detested was Oscar Blandi's. I couldn't even bring myself to finish the bottle, which hurt considering the price. TRESemme had a chance to gain a lot of business by creating a cheap, widely available dry shampoo and they totally blew it. I haven't really tried any of their other products and after this fiasco, I doubt I will.

on 1/19/2011 2:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Did absolutely nothing for my hair. Smelled nice, but it didn't soak up any oil in my hair, and the chalky residue was hard to comb out of my dark hair. Rubbish. Definitely won't buy again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials