September 20, 2014 | 1520 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2011 9:01:00 AM More reviews by leenafuss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Terrible dry shampoo. Makes hair look greasier than it was to begin with. Gives hair a white cast and the smell is not pleasant at all. Much prefer the Batiste dry shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ShorStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HATE THIS PRODUCT!!!!
I love dry shampoo, but I hate the price of most of them, so I was thrilled that TRESemme was creating a version at an affordable price.
I went to a few Wal-Marts that were sold out of the product and when I finally found it, they were on sale so I purchased 2. Big Mistake!

Working in the beauty industry, I am fully aware of how to use and not to use a dry shampoo.....this is the WORSE dry shampoo I have ever used!!!
It is cakey, thick, oily, and heavy!!! not to mention it smells kind of awful
TRESemme missed a beat somewhere and should have done more research before attempting to have a dry shampoo on the market
Major disappointment!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by littleshelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw this on a "worst products of 2010" list on AOL and was really surprised at their opinion. I am strictly talking about the TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo spray, not the foam.

I use this 2-3 times per week on my daughter's hair. She has straight hair which tends to get oily at the scalp and stay normal at the ends. We don't want to wash her hair every single day, so we use this in between washings, and I have to say it works great. It gives her hair new bounce and body and has a nice fresh smell.

I cannot rate the TRESemme foam because I've never used it, but I have used other brands of foam no-rinse shampoo and have found that they work better with hair that is more dry, or someone who's scalp doesn't get oily the next day after washing. I will definitely keep buying the TRESemme dry spray as long as they keep it on the shelves.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by amomentwhite

I waited so long for this product to become available in Australia after seeing an American Youtubers rave review of it in addition to it being larger and cheaper than the Batiste I had been using. I could not have been more dissapointed in this product. It absolutely did not do what a good dry shampoo should. It felt too wet and not powdery enough to soak up excess oils on the scalp. It had a horrible fragrance and make my hair feel worse. Definately sticking to the Batiste which are miles ahead of Tresemme when it comes to Dry Shampoo. Batiste gives you instant volume and soaks up all the excess oils as if you had just washed your hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Bjet

Made my hair feel even oilier than it did before and did nothing. Hair was just as hard to manage and defiantly not a "fresh start"

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Tammee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Terrible product. I've tried using this product in every single way but it just makes my hair even more oily. To the reviewer below, I followed the directions exactly and it still made it worse. I don't expect my hair to magically become clean, but I need to it to at least take away the shine and oiliness of my hair. Tresemme Dry Shampoo doesn't do anything.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by dela_cerna

Okay ladies, here's the deal-- nothing will ever really be as good as washing greasy hair. I know we all want to cut down on shampooing because it's not good for your hair, but if it's really greasy and you're expecting this bottle to work miracles, then you'll be disappointed.

I've had my hand trying out several brands of dry shampoo, and really, like this, they were all just okay. I honestly just bought this for the deodorizing effect, which it does quite nicely. The thing is, like other dry shampoos, there is a powdery product (in this one, it's clay) that sops up the oil. The trick is to follow the directions. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS.

Also, moderation in using the spray, please. When your face is oily, you don't pile on the powder. You lighty blot so you won't look cakey. Same goes here! I find it helps to do sections and spray small bursts, shaking vigorously in between sprays. That way, you really get into the oily sections that you won't get to if you just spray the top of your head. Yes, it will leave a light cast at first, but as long as you don't overdo (spraying too closely/too long/too much), you will be okay when you brush it out.

I find people commenting that their hair feels greasier and heavier afterwards. Look, it's not like the product makes the oil evaporate. In fact with the oil and clay in there, expect it to be kind of heavy (which the product claims as a "volumizing" effect), but if you avoid touching your hair too much (fingers carry a lot of grease), it can appear not oily.

So yes, it's not that quick solution that everyone wants. But I find that being careful with application (which takes less than 3 minutes) is much better than having to shower and blow dry in the morning. Think of it more as makeup for your hair, rather than a cleansing product. This is ideal for after workouts, after the beach, and freshening up for end of the day functions.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an aerosol can of disaster. I made the mistake of not looking at reviews first before buying this in a buy 2 get 1 free sale at Ulta. Here is my sequence of experiences with this:

1) Clogged up after the first 3 sprays. Had to run it under hot water for 5 minutes before I could use it again. I was annoyed, but not totally put off.

2) Dark haired girls BEWARE! I sprayed this on my roots in small, short spurts, and it left a disgusting white film. I tried using it sparingly and I wouldn't get the white film, but if I don't use a lot, then it doesn't do the job and my hair is still oily. I was still going to give it a chance, becuase it turns out the film disappears after brushing it out...a lot of brushing it out - I could see weird white powder coming coming off on my brush. So I was STILL willing to give it a chance....and then...

3) It FLAKES....uuuggghhh I looked like I had dandruff by the third hour after putting this on. It was revolting. Again, I have dark hair and this looked even worse on me. That was it and into the trash it went. Thanksfully it was only $4.

A truly awful product. Stick to Salon Grafix for an affordable dry shampoo and stay far, far away from this.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2010 2:53:00 AM More reviews by OHNOSOPHiE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's winter time and I want to try to limit washing my hair so I purchased this product. It smells great but the product itself is a disaster. It leaves a white film -- even after shaking it thoroughly and allowing it to dry before brushing it through per the instructions. Aside from the white film it leaves, it makes my hair feel sticky - like hairspray after it's been in your hair all day. Again, I like the smell. Makes it smell clean but does nothing to remove oil. Looks dirtier than before application.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by maserati

ive never tried any other dry shampoos other than this one. Got it because my hair is super oily and i was gonna have to go more than one day with out washing my hair. I left my hair looking and feeling like i had hair spray in it. I didnt think it was suppose to turn out like that. Reading all the reviews on MUA made realize that i need to go to ulta or something to purchase something else that is a bit more effective.