April 19, 2014 | 910 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Tammee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Terrible product. I've tried using this product in every single way but it just makes my hair even more oily. To the reviewer below, I followed the directions exactly and it still made it worse. I don't expect my hair to magically become clean, but I need to it to at least take away the shine and oiliness of my hair. Tresemme Dry Shampoo doesn't do anything.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by dela_cerna

Okay ladies, here's the deal-- nothing will ever really be as good as washing greasy hair. I know we all want to cut down on shampooing because it's not good for your hair, but if it's really greasy and you're expecting this bottle to work miracles, then you'll be disappointed.

I've had my hand trying out several brands of dry shampoo, and really, like this, they were all just okay. I honestly just bought this for the deodorizing effect, which it does quite nicely. The thing is, like other dry shampoos, there is a powdery product (in this one, it's clay) that sops up the oil. The trick is to follow the directions. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS.

Also, moderation in using the spray, please. When your face is oily, you don't pile on the powder. You lighty blot so you won't look cakey. Same goes here! I find it helps to do sections and spray small bursts, shaking vigorously in between sprays. That way, you really get into the oily sections that you won't get to if you just spray the top of your head. Yes, it will leave a light cast at first, but as long as you don't overdo (spraying too closely/too long/too much), you will be okay when you brush it out.

I find people commenting that their hair feels greasier and heavier afterwards. Look, it's not like the product makes the oil evaporate. In fact with the oil and clay in there, expect it to be kind of heavy (which the product claims as a "volumizing" effect), but if you avoid touching your hair too much (fingers carry a lot of grease), it can appear not oily.

So yes, it's not that quick solution that everyone wants. But I find that being careful with application (which takes less than 3 minutes) is much better than having to shower and blow dry in the morning. Think of it more as makeup for your hair, rather than a cleansing product. This is ideal for after workouts, after the beach, and freshening up for end of the day functions.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an aerosol can of disaster. I made the mistake of not looking at reviews first before buying this in a buy 2 get 1 free sale at Ulta. Here is my sequence of experiences with this:

1) Clogged up after the first 3 sprays. Had to run it under hot water for 5 minutes before I could use it again. I was annoyed, but not totally put off.

2) Dark haired girls BEWARE! I sprayed this on my roots in small, short spurts, and it left a disgusting white film. I tried using it sparingly and I wouldn't get the white film, but if I don't use a lot, then it doesn't do the job and my hair is still oily. I was still going to give it a chance, becuase it turns out the film disappears after brushing it out...a lot of brushing it out - I could see weird white powder coming coming off on my brush. So I was STILL willing to give it a chance....and then...

3) It FLAKES....uuuggghhh I looked like I had dandruff by the third hour after putting this on. It was revolting. Again, I have dark hair and this looked even worse on me. That was it and into the trash it went. Thanksfully it was only $4.

A truly awful product. Stick to Salon Grafix for an affordable dry shampoo and stay far, far away from this.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2010 2:53:00 AM More reviews by OHNOSOPHiE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's winter time and I want to try to limit washing my hair so I purchased this product. It smells great but the product itself is a disaster. It leaves a white film -- even after shaking it thoroughly and allowing it to dry before brushing it through per the instructions. Aside from the white film it leaves, it makes my hair feel sticky - like hairspray after it's been in your hair all day. Again, I like the smell. Makes it smell clean but does nothing to remove oil. Looks dirtier than before application.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by maserati

ive never tried any other dry shampoos other than this one. Got it because my hair is super oily and i was gonna have to go more than one day with out washing my hair. I left my hair looking and feeling like i had hair spray in it. I didnt think it was suppose to turn out like that. Reading all the reviews on MUA made realize that i need to go to ulta or something to purchase something else that is a bit more effective.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by MissTash

This is the worst dry shampoo I have ever used. I normally use Klorane which is fantastic but they were sold out in Priceline the other day so I picked up this instead as it was so cheap - BIG MISTAKE. The first time I used it, it was ok. I sprayed it on my part only, waited a couple of mins and then brush it out. It did leave my hair looking clean and the roots were oil free and lifted. The second time I used it, however, was a disaster. I did exactly the same thing as before except I applied it to a great area of hair... my part and the roots on the top half my head. This time it went on really sticky like hairspray. I waited a couple of minutes and tried to brush it out but could scarcely get the brush through my hair as my roots were so sticky from this stuff. My brush is now covered in white sticky stuff and my hair feels dirtier than before. Will not make this mistake again... am promptly going back to Klorane. DO NOT BUY THIS.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The only decent thing about this product is the price. I gave it two stars because I found a way to make it work, but it's terrible. It goes onto the hair Very wet and feels like cheap, bad hairspray. When it dries, the hair feels More greasy and sticky and unmanageable and gross. I found that if I used my blow drier right after spraying it on my hair, it's not as bad, but my hair still feels gross. I only tried that because I couldn't return this. On the second use, the spray nozzle was clogged, and I had to hold it under warm water for at least a minute before it would spray again. It even smells like hairspray. It also leaves impossible to remove flakes of product in my hairbrush (even when I didn't use the blow drier). I would not repurchase this. I think I'd rather just go out with dirty hair that put this in my hair ever again for any reason whatsoever.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by kpaul1016

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product was such a huge disappointment. I really wanted to love this so that I could skip washing my hair daily. But, looks like daily washing will forever in my future. This product is horrible and not worth the $5 I paid for it. =(

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by DASHY1022

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok so I finally finished this product up today and all I can say is good riddance! I really, really wanted to love this product so that I can go more than a day without washing my hair but it just did not do anything for me. My hair gets oily really fast (I do not use a lot of hair products either) and I feel like it did not make my hair feel fresh just more greasy! The smell really bothered me too it's like it is trying to be citrus-y but nope! I hope this would work for someone else but it did not for me and I will not repurchase this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by LeahJ1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this product l. it left my hair a lot greasier than it was before and made it sticky and gross. I have tried other products such as Batiste dry shampoo, which works much better and definitely makes my hair look clean