October 26, 2014 | 1082 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by PurplePanda38

I really like this stuff,it gives my hair volume and it smells ok.the One thing I don`t like is that it makes my hair very thick.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by lilbunnie

This is not really good, it makes the hair really hard to comb afterwards to remove the product, as if the hair gets kinda sticky and thick. It also makes dark hair appear gray-ish so you have to brush a lot to get it out. It can leave some white residues that look like you have dandruff. On top of that, your hair still looks greasy and your hairbrush is all full of clay it's absolutely disgusting and when you try to wash it out it's really hard to clean around the bristles!! I will never buy it again but i'd be interested in trying another dry shampoo!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by cah234

I usually use Batiste dry shampoo but when I saw this larger bottle of dry shampoo for a cheaper price, I was excited.. Until I tried it. The formula was really wet and sticky and didn't really give me that "fresh start". I'll be sticking with Batiste

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by kemxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used dry shampoos before but i have never been able to find a cheap one until the Tresemme so I was excited when I heard about it. Well... I basically hate it. Other dry shampoos that I have used before were very powdery and even though I have dark hair they worked fine and I could feel and see virtually no white residue.
This one has a really wet formula and it feels like I have sprayed like clay in my hair. I cannot stand the feeling, I would rather the feel of greasy hair than the feel of the Tresemme dry shampoo.The smell is not the nicest either, and I cant say that I really notice that it takes away the greasy look, it just makes my hair feel gross.
Overall I hate this stuff, the Batiste dry shampoo is 100 times better and I am definitely going back to it, I will probably never use this stuff again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by hayley15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't understand all the hate for this product - it makes my light blonde hair look amazing if I don't have time to wash up in the morning! The smell isn't overpowering, and I just spray it at my roots, let it sit while I do my make-up, and then brush out! Wonderful!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by wdegroot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

YUCK!!! This left my hair sticky and smelly....definitely would rather spend the extra money on Batiste dry shampoo!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2011 9:01:00 AM More reviews by leenafuss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Terrible dry shampoo. Makes hair look greasier than it was to begin with. Gives hair a white cast and the smell is not pleasant at all. Much prefer the Batiste dry shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ShorStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HATE THIS PRODUCT!!!!
I love dry shampoo, but I hate the price of most of them, so I was thrilled that TRESemme was creating a version at an affordable price.
I went to a few Wal-Marts that were sold out of the product and when I finally found it, they were on sale so I purchased 2. Big Mistake!

Working in the beauty industry, I am fully aware of how to use and not to use a dry shampoo.....this is the WORSE dry shampoo I have ever used!!!
It is cakey, thick, oily, and heavy!!! not to mention it smells kind of awful
TRESemme missed a beat somewhere and should have done more research before attempting to have a dry shampoo on the market
Major disappointment!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by littleshelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw this on a "worst products of 2010" list on AOL and was really surprised at their opinion. I am strictly talking about the TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo spray, not the foam.

I use this 2-3 times per week on my daughter's hair. She has straight hair which tends to get oily at the scalp and stay normal at the ends. We don't want to wash her hair every single day, so we use this in between washings, and I have to say it works great. It gives her hair new bounce and body and has a nice fresh smell.

I cannot rate the TRESemme foam because I've never used it, but I have used other brands of foam no-rinse shampoo and have found that they work better with hair that is more dry, or someone who's scalp doesn't get oily the next day after washing. I will definitely keep buying the TRESemme dry spray as long as they keep it on the shelves.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by amomentwhite

I waited so long for this product to become available in Australia after seeing an American Youtubers rave review of it in addition to it being larger and cheaper than the Batiste I had been using. I could not have been more dissapointed in this product. It absolutely did not do what a good dry shampoo should. It felt too wet and not powdery enough to soak up excess oils on the scalp. It had a horrible fragrance and make my hair feel worse. Definately sticking to the Batiste which are miles ahead of Tresemme when it comes to Dry Shampoo. Batiste gives you instant volume and soaks up all the excess oils as if you had just washed your hair.