October 31, 2014 | 957 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - Pressed Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by sebb

best foundation I've tried! for years after highschool I still broke out like a teenager but never thought it was because of my foundation. I tried a few different types on mineral makeup and this one is by far the best. my skin is perfectly clear and never irritated. I apply with a kabuki and it gives me medium coverage, hiding any discolouration but never looking cakey or like I'm wearing anything. I love how natural it looks. the only cons are that the staying power isn't the best, after about half a day I use the travel size to quickly brush all over and it's slightly overpriced for the amount you get imo. either way, I still swear by it.

* EDIT * just wanted to add to this. it's been 4 or 5 years now and this is still my absolute HG foundation!! light, buildable, breathable, great coverage for my uneven tone and dark circles. has never once broken out my irritible face. can't say enough good about this product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 11:20:00 AM More reviews by victosh_ka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best one for me so far. I have used Bare Minerals for a few years and then switched to Smashbox Halo. This is thousand times better. I use this in Light and it is a perfect color match for me. Takes seconds to apply without any mess around your sink. The coverage is amazing, it is actually almost magical. I see the transformation in the mirror by following my kabuki brush every morning. It is dramatic before and after. The only things is you have to be careful not to overapply, because then it can look cakey. Just a light layer of this is all you need.
Did not break out my super sensetive skin. I will continue using this and letting my friends know! Good stuff.

UPDATE: Have been using it for over half a year now. My favorite make up EVER!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Honeyrider1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Sorry to be the party pooper but I hate this stuff, I think it's crap.
My skin is on the dryer side and I have somewhat noticable pores. I moisturized thoroughly before dusting a LIGHT application on my face; this stuff did nothing but intensify the look of everything I hate! I also tried this powder with moisturizer and primer; I still didn't care for the coverage. This is being returned to Ulta, STAT!
However I will give this 2 lippies... First off the color match was FANTASTIC. Secondly it did give my face a pretty "glow". From far away I looked really good, but up close I felt like Fred Kruger! I'm sticking with my beloved Lorac wet/dry foundation for the time being!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by MarBah

I absolutely love this product. Gives you moderate coverage, you don't look made up, you just look natural, and it takes only 30 seconds to apply! I also use it as a concealer on areas with redness, spots, etc. Great product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by mbellej

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product I took a gamble on purchasing and it was worth it. I have the split pan duo in Blush Medium and Tan. I really like this foundation. For an easy mom on the go it does its job. The coverage is buildable and it is easy to work with. I dislike the loose minerals because they tend to go everywear but i love the look that mineral makeup gives me. This product was the best mineral foundation because it is in a pan, there is no mess and the coverage is there.
I like the split pan because I loose my tan in the winter and it saves me having to buy 2 colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2009 1:07:00 AM More reviews by skeptiqs

if you want fast, easy, affordable makeup.. this is it !! this is very quick in coverage especially when used with the chisel brush in their "3-d" motion! I LOVE IT!! you get flawless face in seconds !! reason why i gave it a 4 is because of the bismuth oxychloride ( a cheap filler that can cause irritation over time) .. many people cant use this .. especially sensitive skin like mines ! BUT GOSH I LOVE THE COVERAGE AND FLEXIBILITY !

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Stasea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the 4-in-1 Powder Compact.... I love this powder!!!!

I use the "Deepest" (the darkest color they make) as my base and use "Deeper" (2nd darkest color...) as a concealer under my eyes, and as a highlighter on on my cheeks and chin. But I know a few sistas who are a darker hue than me that would not be able to use Pur's limited deep color range. They need at least 2-3 more shades. I hope they will expand one day!!

But the "Deepest" is a perfect match for my skin tone. It gives me a better warmth and glow than my faves Bobbi Brown (Oil Free Liquid in Almond 7), Lancome (Tient Idole in Suede), Chanel (Matte Lumiere in Walnut) or MAC (NW 45, sometimes NW43 in loose). I love that I don't need to set it with another powder, and go through so many steps. It is so rare you find a mineral makeup that has a beautiful *matte* yet natural finish and quality comparable to high end commercial lines.

I am dark brown, but have a yellow, rather than red undertone. I have some discoloration on the lower half of my face from acne meds. I would say Pur is medium to full coverage. It evens me out great. It doesn't fully cover a scar I have on my cheek, but it otherwise looks great! You can really build the coverage. I have had it on all day and it hasn't streaked around my creases, or faded at all!

I love that Pur has no parabens, silicone, fragrance, talc, harsh preservatives, or other gunk that can clog and irritate my acne prone skin. My only gripe is that it can feel a bit heavy if you don't blend well. I think my powder brush (Stila) is too soft and I need to buy the Pur powder brush like the one the Ulta makeup tech used on me....

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by cnguyen25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the texture of this foundation.
The problem that I have against this makeup line is that it does not provide a lot of shades. Light is too light for me. Golden Medium is too dark and pink for me. I wouldn't try Blush Medium, it looks way too pink.
It also contains oxychloride which causes a lot of inflammation to my sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Maui7448

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased the 4-1 Pressed Mineral Foundation at PurMinerals online, and followed with the kit two weeks later. I absolutely love the foundation; it covers great, wears well and reveals soft, luminous skin. The compact has two sections: one side has foundation and the other has a small brush and mirror. The kit includes a smaller version of the foundation, application brush, a tanner and beautiful pink blush. Great way to test these products, and the results are also fabulous.
I, too, used B.E. but no matter how carefully I put it on, the product always settled into fine lines and I looked dusty; had way too much mica for my taste. I think it is probably great for younger gals! With mineral foundation all the rage, I really think that PurMinerals is a terrific buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2009 3:20:00 AM More reviews by vkd1

I had high hopes for this product. It is very expensive in Australia so I ordered it from the USA. It does give good coverage, but it doesn't last on my skin. Sadly, it leaves a residue that is quite hard to remove. Twice in the last month I have been asked if I have dry skin - I don't but it looks like I do due to the flakiness that is left by this product.

I had been a mineral foundation user for years and chose to try something more convenient to use but it looks like I will be back to liquid foundation for a while.