April 18, 2014 | 926 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Nanaisbeautiful

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've had a couple of bad encounters with ELF products and this one is no exception. The most crippling thing about this product is its horrendous packaging; you'll end up losing more than you'll probably get to use! It does a decent job at setting foundation. The product is very very inexpensive and you get a very good amount (3.5g) of product. But I can not get over the great loss of product I get each time I open the jar. I think if your on a tight budget this a decent product but if you can splurge I recommend looking on here for another product with better packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Kissiq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My Shade is Black Opal Au Chocolat or Iman Earth 3-4.

PROS:
-The Price is RIGHT!
- A Little goes a long way, you will have this forever and an hour!
- Smooth and finely milled, if used right will leave you looking photoshopped
-Cute presentation

CONS:
- Its easy to end up looking like a ghostly mess if you are not light handed, especially if your skin is DRY.
- The sieve holes are WAY TOO BIG for the product so you end up getting product exploding out everywhere if you are not careful. Keep the puff in its place and you wont end up wasting it all.
- It is kinda-sorta powdery.

If you have dark skin (Rev. Colorstay Cappuccino and above) the Black Opal invisible loose powder or Coty powder would work better for you.

If you have deep dark skin stay away from all the above. Visit your local theatrical store and purchase the Ben Nye translucent setting powder in Senna or Ebony. Its just $5 and you get a tonne of product.

HTH

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I've had this powder for a while but I never got to wear it until a month ago. I actually am really impressed with this product. I wear this after applying my foundation. It mattifies my face, takes away the greasy residue my foundation leaves, in addition to leaving my skin feel smooth. More reasons to love elf! The only downside is the packaging. It's bulky and the actual powder itself is hard to get without making a mess. Other than that, I love the product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

I love this to set my foundation. This is one of my favorite products. The only complaint that I have is I wish that it wasn't so bulky, I travel alot to visit my bf this unfortunately doesn't come with me I try to pack like and make sure my makeup bag closes.but this really does set your makeup perfectly and its transparent so you don't need to choose a color it only comes in one shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i love to use this to set my foundation, i use this with the elf studio kabuki brush. i have to be careful with this though, if i use too much i look like casper. and when you apply this, it does make your face lighter! great product for its price. I LOVE ELF.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by marilyn224

Love love love this product! Besides the fact that it is quite messy, it sets my makeup and allows my foundation to stay on throughout the whole day. It also makes my skin feel super soft. Best part? It's fairly inexpensive, being $6 on the ELF website.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2011 4:07:00 AM More reviews by seiran

I hate giving this such a low rating because it's so cheap that everyone should try it anyways. However I couldn't find a use for it, especially on my yellow toned skin. It makes my natural dewy makeup look shiny and like I'm obviously wearing foundation. And it does leave a slight whitish color...because I didn't like the way it looked, i immediately washed it off and didn't feel bad about tossing it since it was so cheap. Anyways worth trying but couldn't find a good use for it personally.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by glowgirl123

I love this.
i have this, and the mini make up forever, and i could honestly tell no difference between the two, deff. save your money & buy this one !
-the packaging is super annoying, but it's alright after you get used too it .
-will deff. buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by bringhunterthehorizon

I love this powder! My HG setting powder. I've noticed and extreme difference in how long my foundation lasts when set with this as opposed to when set with other powders which I've currently had to use since I've run out of this. This is a definite repurchase for me the next time I place an order on their website, as my target doesn't carry this. I did notice that in pictures it can leave a white cast on your face, but not during daily use and most powders leave the white cast in flash photography anyways so that isn't a big deal for me I just avoid using it if I am specifically doing something that will require pictures. The packaging is nice and simple although I took the sifter off and don't use to poof. I just pour some in the cap, swirl my brush, tap off excess, and set my foundation. I can't speak for oil control though, since I don't have very oily skin. This is a great powder for a low price, I'd definitely recommend picking it up.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by ana_lipglossaddict

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm slightly tanned, generally MAC NC 35. This powder lefta white cast on my face and made me look grey. Not good. It also didn't seem to be suitable for my dryer skin that has slightly enlarged pores on the cheek area next to my nose. Used it twice with the same effect. Disappointed and decided to give it away to a much younger colleague who has NC20 skin color and has very oily skin. Works much better on her but she can't use too much either or it will look ghostly.
Btw, I use a powder brush for this and it didn't make a difference.