November 24, 2014 | 1355 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by annersz

First off, i will only write a review about something that i really like or really hate! .I brought this to kinda just buy it due to the reviews on makeupalley. At first i didnt know who to do with it so it has just been sitting on my table for a while. One day i wanted to do something with it. usally ill set my foundation/concealer with a regular powder, but i find that it always looks dry or creasy under my eyes. i used this under my eyes only. and wow, not only did it look smooth it actually stayed smooth looking for the whole day and also it held up the concealer under my eye all day, i think im in love with this! Usally my undereye makeup will just melt off. also now i use it in my tzone areas and where i have large pores! Try this! You wont be disapointed!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by irisng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It makes your face look very matte and leaves a very soft finish on your face! However, you lose a lot of the product every time you open it. The packaging is horrible. Also, I use a kabuki brush for this, and if you use too much, it alters your skin color to a whiter/lighter color.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by LdyNRd

I love this stuff!!! It just softens your overall look. Initially you can't tell a difference. But after wearing it all day and you take a look at yourself in the mirror and your makeup looks still fresh...its an amazing feeling!!! There is hardly a need to repowder or blot oil from your face. Would definitely repurchase over and over again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Icyvixen

Wonder why I was attracted by the packaging! Simple but elegant! All black with white lines of words. Compared to the cost, it's just perfect! The smell is not very pleasant but acceptable!

I can say that it last more than 5 hours,glow so well when I use blush, the longest time I've ever tried is 7 hours.My oily face (because of sweating, I guess) look still matte. Amazing!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by jmeurtri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I give this a 4, because the packaging can be quite messy and confusing. It seems to blend pretty roughly with the supplied powder pouf, so I use a complexion brush to apply. It creates a matte look when applied over foundation and is very lightweight. Less is more with this product. It makes my face feel really tight if I apply too much, so be careful not to over do it! Overall excellent product for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by elicandytime

The packaging sucks, keep the plastic covering the holes and just poke a few holes yourself to prevent spilling out too much! regardless of the packaging the product is good enough to look past it. The product it amazing! It didn't leave a white cast on me unlike others commented about, but im really pale so thats probably why. I didnt even bother using the puff that came with it i just used my e.l.f kabuki brush.
I use this ontop of my BBcream and it gets rid of the "dewy" look BB cream usually leaves, my face is matte and stays that way the entire day :) overall good product if you know how to use it! I already bought another container to use once i finish this up! (ive been using it everyday since i bought it!) I never bought MUFE's HD powder but im really considering it so i can see the difference between the two, i suspect it will be higher quality but because of the price for elf's HD powder who can complain??

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder does give my skin a smoother appearance. However, if you wear a powder to keep your make up in place and help prevent shininess throughout the day, this won't do the job.

It's probably best used over your regular setting powder.

They need to work on the packaging. It is hard to get just the small amount you need out.

You really need to buff this in or you will look likeAl Pacino's face towards the end of Scarface!

All that aside, nice refining powder and a great price. I will be repurchasing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by makeupdiva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Before I bought this, I hadn't used a face powder in around 10 years. This powder is amazing. I use a very light touch and it sets my foundation for the day. It works with my L'Oreal True Match liquid, but makes the L'Oreal Magic Souffle ball up. So I only use it with the True Match. It makes my skin look very even and even airbrushed. Make sure you just poke a few of the holes and don't peel of the sticker. I poked around half of the holes on just one side and the perfect amount comes out everytime.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by ainslieann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ordered this powder from E.L.F.'s website, and when I opened the package, a quarter of the product had fallen out. The plastic piece that covers the holes was still in tact, so I am not sure how that happened. The packaging is not great, and the powder can be messy if you don't tap out very little (which is difficult to do). I also threw the puff away immediately because I felt it concentrated the product too much in one area instead of helping to blend. I use the studio line complexion brush from E.L.F. to blend the powder and it works well! I am very fair, so I do not feel as though this powder makes me look ghostly. I use it on top of my foundation, blush and bronzer and it really makes everything look beautifully blended. It definitely gives me that soft focus finish and makes my skin look and feel smooth. I haven't noticed much of a difference in oil control, but I am oily regardless of whatever precautions I take! Another plus is the affordability!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

For $6, this product works pretty amazing. I normally run out pretty quickly though. It seems like the whole jar isn't filled, not even half way. However, it does set my makeup well. It's very sheer and the powder is very fine. I don't get the cakey look like some similar cheaper setting powders give me. This product works well and I will be repurchasing. It's one of my favorite products from ELF.