E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I was looking at the Make Up Forever HD powder which is just silica but is pricey. I wanted a powder to set my makeup where I get oily and not look cakey. I found this in Target for $6 and i thought I should try the cheaper one. I really don't know what the more expensive one can offer me now, it did everything I wanted and lasted all day. It made my face feel silky as well. I don't know how well this does on camera since I never take pictures, but I might try just to see. I don't think it makes me look white but I don't use a lot and I'm pale.

on 3/29/2012 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I hate to add to the tremendous number of good reviews for this product but I must.

It sets my makeup without looking cakey and provides an amazing finish to the skin, no matter what is underneath it!!

This is now being sold at the Target stores in my area and I highly suggest you all try it out!

on 3/29/2012 3:59:00 PM

This is initially very nice! It's super silky and very finely milled. Even though its a stark white powder, it applies very translucent if you use a light hand (which you're supposed to!) I used a baby buki with this, brushing it over the puff to collect some powder and using it to buff over my face. The oil control is so-so. I found that it made my cheeks and forehead oily, but my nose really dry which is odd considering I have dry cheeks and oily t-zone! It was cheap and for the price, it's worth a try. It's a good powder and it does give me a diffused soft-focus effect for a few hours, so its nice! I wouldn't repurchase this because I like my Blot Powder so much more, but it's a nice alternative sometimes.

on 3/28/2012 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Depending on how you use this product, you will love it or hate it. I use it to set my foundation. Im dark skinned (NW 43), and this doesnt leave a cast, if you use a setting spray.

I use the puff that comes with it to pat where I need the powder (t-zone). Then I use a big fluffy brush to spread it out and blend it.
I then use Fix+ to set/melt the powder into my foundation, and to take away any of that cakey look.

The packaging is AWESOME btw. It has a screw top so it wont spill out into your bag.

I like it because its a great finishing powder, just make sure to invest in a finishing spray to eliminate any cakeyness.

on 3/19/2012 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Update: I ended up hating this powder. Way too drying. Waste of money. Doesn't come close to MUFE or MAC Prep & Prime.
This is an alright setting powder, but I don't like it as much as my MAC Prep & Prime. It's nice to have a cheap alternative on casual days, however.

on 3/18/2012 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love,love,love!!! Never wanna be without....this is my fav setting powder for foundation..Really good for dry/combo skin like mine because it NEVER looks cakey or clings to dry patches and at the same time it controls my oily t-zone.... So awesome that elf started making this cuz I had really been wanting to try the make up forever HD powder but didn't wanna pay like $30 (which I already do for my msf natural, but this keeps me from using that one so much..) Anywhoo, Go get this! It's only like $6 for a huge container and is like the softest powder I've ever tried...probly not the best for travel but I don't find it extremely messy as others have mentioned...Oh yeah, if u do notice a white cast with this, u r probly using to much or didn't buff it in enough..

on 3/16/2012 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I am surprised at the reviewers saying that this product is messy, I have not had a problem with that! I actually love the container because the lid stays firmly on (I've had issues with other loose powders).
This powder is a good product to set your make-up, it has NO color unlike many other supposedly translucent powders. It is also the exact same formula as the MUFE powder, but is only 6 dollars. If you have white residue, you are applying it wrong. Don't use the puff, that thing is worthless. I use a kabuki brush.

on 3/16/2012 12:25:00 PM

was very happy to see that target has started to carry some of the other elf products - this is one i've been wanting to try forever! it is incredibly messy [should have read reviews on here first about keeping the sticker and poking holes through it] so i put some tape over the openings and did the same thing lol. As for how it works, i'm pretty impressed so far. no whitecast look, just a matte face [which is what i want!] it lasted fairly well during my work day, but because of the messy application i didn't bring it along with me. This is going to last for a while, and I have some other setting powders i'd like to try out.. but a yes to a repurchase to support it ;)

on 3/16/2012 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Read about how good the powder is here. But when i purchase to try it on myself, it was rather disappointing.

The powder didnt do anything much to my skin and its just leave my face all white after usage. Will not repurchase.

on 3/15/2012 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This stuff is awesome! I've never even found a primer that smooths my fine lines and pores better than this powder does. In fact, lately I've been trying to find a good primer that will make my pores look smaller and haven't really been successful. I bought this powder not realizing that that is one of the benefits, and was happily surprised! It smooths everything over and makes my face look soft and airbrushed, yet natural. It also lasts *very* well and really helps my makeup stay on. The packaging looks pretty nice, though it's a little impractical. It's rather large and bulky so it's a bit of a pain to have to carry with you in your purse or makeup bag. And it would be nice if it had a sifter cover on it so we didn't have to worry about punching holes in the top and still getting extra product out if you carry it around with you. I think I'm going to order some empty jars with the sifter covers on them just for this product. Keep the big one at home and carry the small one around with me. At $6 this product works better than any primer I've tried. I would highly recommend and will definitely repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials