October 24, 2014 | 1943 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by doetr

LOVE this mascara!! I have used this product for years. I have strayed from it a number of times because of the claims all of the more expensive mascaras make. I am here to tell you, girls, there is nothing like this mascara out there and at a 10th of the price of the others! I am EXTREMELY oily and even though this product doesn't say it's waterproof, it doesn't budge all day and I don't need an act of God to remove it, it comes off easily with my purity face cleanser. As it is always at the bottom of the rest of the mascaras on the CG displays, I always fear it will be discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by likeablerain

One of my major qualms about mascara are those that clump and with this one, there is absolutely none of it. I'm always on the look out for good mascaras and I must say this is one I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Anika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have finally found a mascara that I am happy with! Although I have oily lids, I need to use a rich moisturizer for my dry skin, so even waterproof mascara usually smears and flakes on me after about 4 hours. This mascara really does last all day long without smears, and is still easy to remove at the end of the day. It goes on really well, and seems to curl my lashes automatically, giving lots of volume and thickness. The price is also great, and I am not too particular on what the packaging looks like, as long as the product works! I hope this mascara is never discontinued!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by kuroyuki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm kind of a mascara junkie, so i do have my fair share of mascara. this one doesn't give me insane volume, but it does make a nice difference. my lashes were lengthened and thickened just the right amount, and it doesn't clump. plus, it didn't come off or smudge even when i slept in it.
i took off a lippie because the formula began to change after i opened it. it takes longer to dry, and it did make some of my lashes stick together. not a whole lot, but i have to run the lash brush in some sections. either way, i would purchase it again, but just for layering over another mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by pearlstuds

For some reason, I had a really good memory about this mascara. I like a dramatic lash for every day and thought this could help me get that look. It definitely darkens and thickens lashes, but it also clumped and flaked for me. It doesn't smudge, which is the worst thing I think a mascara can do during the day, but, ultimately, this mascara is "just OK." It's not terrible and it does work effectively, but it is far from perfect. Maybelline Full N' Soft is a better alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by sappphirelilys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great mascara, no smudging all day long, no clumps, goes on very smooth, brush is great for applying to lower lashes as well. Both lengthening and volumizing. One of the best mascaras I've tried. Would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by creedmah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like the previous reviewer, the pink tube caught my eye. I had good luck with the CG Professional mascara in that it didn't smudge on me, but it also didn't do a lot for my lashes other than darkening them a bit and defining them.

At first, the Super Thick Lash didn't seem to thicken my lashes that much. But after a few days, it seemed to work better. I find that I have to use new mascara a couple of days for the wand to start picking up the mascara in the tube.

It may become my go-to mascara because it hardly smudges. The test will be when the hot and humid weather comes along. Most mascaras smudge on me. I love DiorShow, but it smudges. And I've never had any luck with L'Oreal mascaras except for their new Double Extend mascara that creates tubes around your lashes. That one doesn't smudge, but I sometimes find it a pain to wash off, esp. on nights when I just want to use eye-makeup remover pads.

I also like the slightly retro packaging and the slimmer tube, which takes up less space in my makeup bag. Overall, I highly recommend this mascara for its price, non-smudge factor and thickening. It would be nice if it came in a wider range of colors, like dark blue or plum.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by linnylinhlin

I bought this product because I was out of mascara and this was the first that I picked up from a drug store. The reason it caught my eyes was the pink packaging that it was in. The mascara works quite well, 2 coats and it will define and thicken your lashes. The only bad thing would be how it doesn't come off when I use my makeup remover, instead I would have to use water to wash it out (only pain the butt part). Overall, good product and gives you nice coverage on your lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by winddancer1323

Love this mascara. It's cheap and it works! It gives me such thick lashes. Doesn't do much for length, but it is a volumizing mascara. It's a little hard to find where I live though :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 2:31:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

this isnt a bad mascara, but it is a duplicitous one. namely, its called super thick lash, yet it did not thicken my lashes at all. it gave me great length and held the curl decently, but my lashes remained sadly skinny. just for comparison, i applied loreals voluminous in carbon black on the other eye, and the difference was noticeable.

cover girl, i want to love your mascaras, i really do, especially since i love all the commercials that the girls have to suffer through on ANTM, especially the ones where they have to fake speak a foreign language. brilliant! it doesnt make me want to run out and buy the product theyre pimping, but it does make me unreasonably happy. somehow i never really thought about how hard it is to smile, walk, talk, and apply lipgloss at the same time (i can usually do 3 out of 4 at the same time, on a good day, and only in english. sometimes korean. anyway.), but your products and tyra have taught me that it is very difficult.

tangent aside, cover girl, unless youre going to change the name of this mascara to "super skinny but really long lash," i cant give you anything higher than a 2 rating (1 for length, and 1 for connections to miss tyra, whom we all know will one day rule the world). continued >>