E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(water), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat), Butylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 12/20/2010 7:53:00 AM

I actually think this is a you get what you paid for product. Firstly with the packaging, I STRUGGLE just to get the cap off. I have a feeling it's just mine though. The brush is a bit scratchy as others have mentioned. The packaging suggests storing it upside down so it can become more saturated, and it works. Except, whichever eye you do first will come out darker, considering all the product goes on that eye Unless you keep it upside down for a while again and then do the other eye. I actually like the color (black) because it doesn't look extremely harsh. It's not gray either, which, is usually the color eyeliner is when it is *not* a harsh black. Overall, it's decent but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another better pen eyeliner.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just picked this up today on a whim..im on an e.l.f. Kick right now so i wanna try it all..I LOVEEEEE IT! I picked up coffee on accident but desperatly needed a liquid eyeliner so i used it..so smooth and the felt tip pen i adore! I have small lids so i tend to use only felt tip liners..and ive found my HG 16$ less the my mac felt tip pen liner that runs out or dries up in a month..for 1$?? Ill take it anyday..stayed all day long on my lids..no flaking or smearing or smudging.i use too faced shadow insurance and it did its just and didnt budge.im going to get more asap.

on 12/10/2010 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

new improved verison!! longer tip and thinner and darker!
Was deleted (used to be sarah110592)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got this in Black, Coffee, and Plum. These "dry out" fast and you have to shake often to get the colour to be even. You have to store these upside-down to keep the tip saturated.

The tip of the pen is crappy. It's solid and hard and can feel scratchy and rough on your lids, a little sharp. But it's felt, and if you're not careful the tip can bent, fray, or break off. If it bends, the application won't be even.

The formula is uneven, sometimes way too thick and sometimes too thin and not enough colour. If you go over your line a couple times, it gets thick and weird. Almost chunky. It can flake off.

The black isn't very black and not very even. Coffee is a bit better, it's a medium brown. Looks like milk-chocolate. Plum is a nice colour but the worst. It goes on the most uneven. Sometimes the colour looks wicked dark, sometimes it's super thin, and it's noticable.

They are waterproof however and work on the waterline if you do it well. However, the product itself is tricky and not even at all.

I really wanted to love these but I just don't. I hardly, if ever, use them. Even for $1 I wouldn't ever buy them again. The formula needs to be more fluid and even.

on 12/6/2010 11:08:00 PM

This product is does not work for my eyelids. I have monolids, and I guess they are somewhat oily. This DOES NOT stay put what so ever... and looks like I used a marker on my eyelid since it goes on unevenly.

I have this in black.

When I first tried this product, I was disgusted. It was like drawing on my eye with an old magic marker...but then again, I wasn't expecting much more for my measly dollar.

So, I heaved a sigh and stuck it in with my other eyeliners...tip down.

The next morning, I tried it again (not wanting to give up on a new product) and was I surprised! Instead of a watery light blue, the line was dark and rich; after a few passes, it was every bit as dark as my Coastal Scents gel eyeliner!

It lasts pretty long, but it tends to smudge a little bit on my very inner corners. Other than that, staying power is just fine! It's actually kind of tough to remove at the end of the day with just a cleanser.

Overall, this is a pretty good product. I don't know if it's my HG or a new staple in my routine, but it's definitely a keeper. Packaging is sleek and compact. I will be repurchasing (as a matter of fact, I already have!)

on 12/6/2010 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

$1 for this? Holy moly amazing! I mostly turn to gel or automatic pencil eye liners because I had an exclusive liquid liner phase for many years and in retrospect, I'm thinking "WTF?" because it looked so harsh.

I picked this up on a whim and pretty much assumed it would result in a "you pay for what you get" type of outcome. Oh how pleasantly surprised I was.
This is a felt tip marker-like eyeliner is unlike my former favorites by Almay and Revlon, the formula of the stuff is actually quite thin, yet moderately pigmented. I used to adore the liquid lines that came with the felt tip applicator in a well, but I would usually end up applying too much of the product so it'd be a thick dried crusty line should I accidentally apply too much. Not an issue with this liquid liner!
It applies very much like flowing ink from a marker, but you know, with more coverage, although this liquid is definitely not jet jet black, it's slightly brownish black, but "black" for all practical purposes.
And staying power - yes it has it! The first few times I used this, I didn't wait for the liner to dry and I proceeded to curl my eyelashes and the product sadly transferred onto the curler. Waiting a few minutes for it to fully set and then dealing with my lashes has made a world of difference.
My eyeliner stayed put throughout the day, with only minimal fading. This didn't fare as well on my watery lower lash line, but that's quite all right - can still deal with gel liner for that.
Packing is sturdy and minimalist. Definitely better than a lot of Wet N Wild products . . .
Overall, very pleased with this product and I will definitely be buying again.

on 12/5/2010 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought four colors, all the colors except for black (I have too much black eyeliner). Well when I received them the color midnight (navy blue) was dried out, on my hand it came out if I pressed hard enough but at the angle I had to use to get in on my eyes it didn't work. Tried storing it upright but stayed dry so I threw it away. I didn't want to get black but I found that three of the colors (midnight, plum, and ash) all looked black when I applied it which was annoying. The coffee color was a true brown color. Application wise the pens that worked worked well but not enough pigmentation for my liking. Overall I just wanted to try a pen liner so I bought these for a dollar each but I wouldn't buy them again.

EDIT: kept these standing upright like I was recommended to do and one of the colors dried out, while a different one has become too wet. It's so wet that it's too messy to use anymore. Good thing it was only a dollar.

for a one dollar product its really amazing!! it stayed on me all day the long and didn't smudge. It has the same quality as maybelline new york line stiletto which is five dollars.

on 12/4/2010 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hate it. I bought it because of all the good reviews. It's awful...