December 20, 2014 | 1750 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by chrisssie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This product is does not work for my eyelids. I have monolids, and I guess they are somewhat oily. This DOES NOT stay put what so ever... and looks like I used a marker on my eyelid since it goes on unevenly.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by catherinemariie

I have this in black.

When I first tried this product, I was disgusted. It was like drawing on my eye with an old magic marker...but then again, I wasn't expecting much more for my measly dollar.

So, I heaved a sigh and stuck it in with my other eyeliners...tip down.

The next morning, I tried it again (not wanting to give up on a new product) and was I surprised! Instead of a watery light blue, the line was dark and rich; after a few passes, it was every bit as dark as my Coastal Scents gel eyeliner!

It lasts pretty long, but it tends to smudge a little bit on my very inner corners. Other than that, staying power is just fine! It's actually kind of tough to remove at the end of the day with just a cleanser.

Overall, this is a pretty good product. I don't know if it's my HG or a new staple in my routine, but it's definitely a keeper. Packaging is sleek and compact. I will be repurchasing (as a matter of fact, I already have!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

$1 for this? Holy moly amazing! I mostly turn to gel or automatic pencil eye liners because I had an exclusive liquid liner phase for many years and in retrospect, I'm thinking "WTF?" because it looked so harsh.

I picked this up on a whim and pretty much assumed it would result in a "you pay for what you get" type of outcome. Oh how pleasantly surprised I was.
This is a felt tip marker-like eyeliner is unlike my former favorites by Almay and Revlon, the formula of the stuff is actually quite thin, yet moderately pigmented. I used to adore the liquid lines that came with the felt tip applicator in a well, but I would usually end up applying too much of the product so it'd be a thick dried crusty line should I accidentally apply too much. Not an issue with this liquid liner!
It applies very much like flowing ink from a marker, but you know, with more coverage, although this liquid is definitely not jet jet black, it's slightly brownish black, but "black" for all practical purposes.
And staying power - yes it has it! The first few times I used this, I didn't wait for the liner to dry and I proceeded to curl my eyelashes and the product sadly transferred onto the curler. Waiting a few minutes for it to fully set and then dealing with my lashes has made a world of difference.
My eyeliner stayed put throughout the day, with only minimal fading. This didn't fare as well on my watery lower lash line, but that's quite all right - can still deal with gel liner for that.
Packing is sturdy and minimalist. Definitely better than a lot of Wet N Wild products . . .
Overall, very pleased with this product and I will definitely be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by hopelessheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought four colors, all the colors except for black (I have too much black eyeliner). Well when I received them the color midnight (navy blue) was dried out, on my hand it came out if I pressed hard enough but at the angle I had to use to get in on my eyes it didn't work. Tried storing it upright but stayed dry so I threw it away. I didn't want to get black but I found that three of the colors (midnight, plum, and ash) all looked black when I applied it which was annoying. The coffee color was a true brown color. Application wise the pens that worked worked well but not enough pigmentation for my liking. Overall I just wanted to try a pen liner so I bought these for a dollar each but I wouldn't buy them again.

EDIT: kept these standing upright like I was recommended to do and one of the colors dried out, while a different one has become too wet. It's so wet that it's too messy to use anymore. Good thing it was only a dollar.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by AkiraNakamura

for a one dollar product its really amazing!! it stayed on me all day the long and didn't smudge. It has the same quality as maybelline new york line stiletto which is five dollars.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by AmandaEve011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hate it. I bought it because of all the good reviews. It's awful...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This pen is awful. The GOOD thing about it is that the tip is nice and makes for an awesome line, but.. that doesn't matter when the formulation sucks tremendously. It smudges immediately.. is NOT waterproof (this is why I gave it one lippie, a TOTAL LIE)... It is not pigmented, unless you wipe your eye on accident and you get a giant black streak on your hand.. Beware ladies. I love E.L.F. but this product is a total disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by shimmersweetie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received the E.L.F Waterproof Eyeliner Pen as an extra in a swap, and I'm so glad I did! I usually don't have the best of luck with eyeliner pens because they tend to dry out quickly OR don't have enough pigmentation. This one is super black, doesn't flake off, and doesn't have a shiny finish. Makes application SUPER easy for those who don't have a steady hand! :) The ONLY thing I don't like about this eyeliner is the fact that it isn't completely waterproof. But I will not take off a lippie for that, because my eyes are the oiliest eyes EVER and I've never found an eyeliner that lasted all day on me. So honestly, for $1, this one can't be beat! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am obsessed with these Eyeliner pens. They have changed how i do my liner. I am not an expert by any means esp when it comes to doing winged looks even though i keep practicing but i still cant seem to make it work w/ my eye shape. Enter Elf Waterproof eyeliner pens, they have made lining my eyes a breeze, so onto my thoughts...
~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Elf Waterproof Eyeliner pens can be found online at eyeslipsface website & a few other online stores. As well as some Target, Kmart & Sears Grand stores. The availability will differ depending on your location. The price is dirt cheap and super affordable, these will cost you $1!! yes one dollar! it allows me to buy one & a back up and not feel guilty using them up. I dunno if im alone but the more something costs, the less i want to use it bc i know ill need more. Haha im weird. But the price is great. They have 8 different shades and all of them are great. All shades are available online and various shades are available in stores. I sure hope Elf gets picked up by more stores.
~~~~~~ SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~~
The Elf Waterproof Eyeliner pens are like small precise sharpie markers for your eyes. They have 8 shades available. The shades are:
Coffee: a dark rich chocolate brown
Black: a true black
Midnight: a dark navy blue
Ash: a darkened gray charcoal
Plum: a darkened plum purple
Hunter Green: a true hunter green
Purple: a cool brightened purple
Teal: a blue green dark teal
All of these colors are so pretty and def must haves for any look. I reach for one of these everyday. These liners are easy to use. Makes it easy to line the top lash line and get the wing look without hassle. It allows small precise lines or can be built up for more thick dramatic lines. These shades can be used for daytime or night looks. The performance is great. I am not sure if id call them waterproof since they will fade after some water hits them as with any makeup products but they do wear well. I do wear an eye primer. These wear for over 8 hours with no fading or flaking. If you have more oily lids, id suggests using an eye primer & setting these with a powder shadow to help the oils from breaking these down. The formula is like an ink which is great. No flaking or dry lines. Once applied, they will stay put. You do not have to wait for these to dry in fear if you blink it might transfer. Just like a marker, they go on & stay on. If you do make a mistake, quickly wipe away with a wipe or qtip.
~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The ELF Waterproof Eyeliner Pens come in a small black marker like plastic pen form. The pen is black with silver metallic writing with Elf logo & product name. The shade name is found on the bottom of the pen on a very small sticker. I do wish they would place it on the pen itself but no biggie. The top has a snap on/off lid. Easy to open & close. The tip is longer but comes to a fine point. Allowing to be held upright for precise lines or laid flat for thicker lines. The ink is held in the pen itself and will keep flowing into the tip. ***TIP** store these downright with lid facing down (can see shade name sticker towards you. this will allow the ink to continuously stay into the felt tip. The felt tip is somewhat flexible. The only problem i have is that with more use, the tip can at some times fray & may need to be trimmed w/ scissors so that it doesnt mess up lines. Its not a big problem for me. Some seem to hold up better than others. With daily use, these seem to last around a month then ill have to toss them & not a big deal to replace for $1. Also, i want pigmented lines & trying to hang on to a drying pen doesnt work. So you be able to notice if they are drying.
Overall, i think these are great. They are a must have in my opinion & have not gone a day w/out them. These wear well, great shades to pick from, and are super affordable. I have bought a few that were already dried up & unable to use which Elf may replace for you if you contact them. I wish they were more consistent in storing these esp since theyre sleeve they come in makes stores store them upright which draws the ink away from the tip.. So if you have had a bad one, maybe give it one more shot. These compare to those that cost 10x as much and i love them. HOpe elf never quits making them!! Cruelty free makeup at an affordable costs!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by finalwords

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this eyeliner. From reading the reviews it sounds as though many people have had a problem with the pen drying out, but I haven't had this issue with mine at all.
The application couldn't be easier and the colour comes out smoothly with good pigmentation. It lasts all day without budging (I only apply it to my upper lid) and the product itself has lasted for a very long time - I bought it a few months ago and use it on a daily basis, and it's still going strong.
For 1.50, I think this is amazing value for money and definitely plan to repurchase in the future.