July 28, 2014 | 1509 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by mchll9898

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! If you are thinking about getting it, definitely get it, you won't regret it. It is very black, doesn't fade or rub off. Definitely has a lot of staying power, mine stays on until I wash it off at night for the most part. Easy to apply, LOVE the felt tip, can make a thick line taper to a very thin line. I hope this product never gets discontinued because I will be using it as long as they make it. One note, make sure you SHAKE it a bit before applying to redistribute the ingredients. If you don't, the pigment won't be as dark and you'll probably have more issues with it staying on throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 4:37:00 AM More reviews by greenteanah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite going-out liner and party liner. It's a true intense black, it's easy to apply and control, it's the perfect consistency, and it lasts until I take it off. It doesn't smudge or flake. I would use it every day but I prefer a more natural dark brown or brown-black for daytime use, so I save this for special occasions or when I want to look more dramatic. HG status!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by cnabbey88

I just got this product and used it for the first time this morning. These are my first impressions: it is very easy to use, if you know how to use liquid eyeliner; the intensity of the black is pretty decent; the line can be very thin which is good for day but I was able to wing it out and make a thicker line at the out corner; been wearing it for about 4 hours now and no flaking, smudging, or anything like that; upon application it is slightly difficult to work with as far as drawing a line and then going back over it or filling in an area (it wipes away what it just put on)- this has not been an issue with some other liquid eyeliners that I've used. All in all its an okay eyeliner for now. I will come back in a month or so and do an update on what I think. :)

Update:
I have a monolid with a small fold right above my lashline. I find that this will smudge all over the fold unless I top the liner with a black shadow to set it. This is a step I'm not really excited about but I don't know if it's unavoidable given the shape of my eye. All in all still just a middle of the road liner not HG material for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by lisamaxum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was a little skeptical to buy this because of my experience with their Voluminous Mascara (WHICH SMUDGED HORRIBLY!). I am SO disappointed. Quite frankly, I'm an eyeliner person, I love changing up the thickness, thinness and intensity of my eyeliner everyday, I'm more of a dramatic eyeshadow person as well. I had first gotten into pencils, then liquid to gel. Maybelline's gel liner was HORRIBLE. Smudged and creased easily. So I decided to go back to liquid because it was the only type of eyeliner that never failed me. Sadly enough, I gave into the rave of this eyeliner and I totally regret it. Eyeliners are starting to go downhill for me. This took FOREVER to dry and with my experience with liquid liners, this was the most watery formula, it dried to a shiny, unappealing finish, it also somewhat smudged (at the outer corners of my eyes), FLAKED (when I had to reapply for a stronger black, intense look the WHOLE thing just flaked and came off bit-by-bit) and it had a faded black effect, had to do three coats just to get a nice black colour. So much for "Carbon Black". The application made me so pissed off. No matter how lightly I went it kept streaking, it made obvious little lines in between application. I don't know if it was because it's a sponge tip applicator or if I apply too hard and quickly or if it just plain sucks. Sadly, I couldn't return this because it was already open, so I had to sell it online. Good riddens.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by xdeenguyen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This was my first liner. yes, I am a noob. My friend recommended this to me. And so I decided to give it a try. I HATED it at first, because it kept flaking and smudging. Then i realized I had to keep reapplying layers of it during the day, which kinda sucks. Also, I put it on my waterline, so it had cracks and kept disappearing . But i still love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 5:07:00 AM More reviews by atsugari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this liner and I have very oily lids, I've tried pencil, gel and using shadow as liner after a few hour they smudge or fade. This is the only thing that doesn't it stays put all day. I love the tip cause I'm such a klutz with liquid liners I smear it all over cause of my unsteady hand. The tip on this one is almost foolproof for people starting with liquid liner. Previously I tried the wet n wild liner cause of the good reviews. Now I'm addicted to L'Oreal.

My only grip would be I wish the tip was finer but that isn't a big issue since I have a monolid and you can't see my liner unless I go a bit thicker. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by MoonCigar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Doesn't leave black residue when you remove it.
-Wonderful black color
-Applicator is thin but long enough to easily to apply and control the amount you want.
-Doesn't irritate your eyes

Cons:
-Flakes
-Not Waterproof
-Applicator, though good, can take a while to get used to.
-Can smudge if you go too fast
-You can't use this on your waterline.

I pretty much use this as my backup makeup, whenever I'm in a hurry I do a quick cat eye with plum eyeliner and I'm off. If you have a steady hand and can work the applicator, it's great for on the go!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Pinkiefoxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so disappointed with this liner. I read lots of good reviews on it and I've seen many Youtube makeup gurus use it, so I thought I'd give it a try. It wasn't too expensive; the colour is great and it's easy to apply. However, it is NOT waterproof like it says, it smudges, it flakes, and it cracks. I really wish I could buy this again, but sadly it's just not the liner for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by bubblyface17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i suck at applying liquid liner! my line is never straight and too thick. but i decided to give this a try b/c all the reviews on youtube and im glad i did!! its a really good liner.. lasts all day and i read some reviews here that said it flaked.. i never had trouble with flaking ....so i would def. repurchase!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by leleigh

I really REALLY wanted to love this, and I feel somewhat cheated because everyone else seems to love this liner. However, it flakes on me. I'm not sure if it's something to do with my body chemistry/oils my skin produces. I have tried wearing this several times now. After a few hours of wear, I'll look in the mirror and it's completely flaked off in certain areas. It's such a shame. I love liquid liner.