October 22, 2014 | 2021 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2006 3:24:00 PM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i've been using this product for years. there isn't anything great i could say about this product that hasn't already been said... and i agree with the other pro-baby-oil ladies that every girl should have a bottle of this cheap, versatile product. my only beef with this is the packaging--oil literally squirts out of the little hole, no matter how gentle i am with the bottle. i've fixed this by buying a spray bottle and filling it with baby oil, and then i spray it on myself after a shower. i also keep a little glass roller bottle full of this for times when i run out of moisturizer or when i need to tame flyaways while i'm outside.this stuff doesn't *moisturize* your skin--it just seals moisture in, hence all the ladies using this post shower/bath. the molecules are actually too big to penetrate the skin. for those of us who are afraid of this clogging our pores--clogged pores consist of dead skin proteins, and oxidized oils. mineral oil is inorganic, inert, hypoallergenic, and has an indefinite shelf life. it doesn't oxidize. you'd probably be more likely to get clogged pores from natural oils than petros. and YES, petros CAN cause cancer, but NOT cosmetic/pharmaceutical grade petroleum. they're refined to the point where you could take them internally as a laxitive (please don't drink baby oil, that's just gross). there has never been a case where baby oil gave somebody cancer--if it did, they were probably baking in the sun using baby oil, meaning they could've got skin cancer baking out in the sun with just about any other oil. give me a break folks. i'm a holistic freak, but i can't condone bashing baby oil. it CAN give you zits, just like any other oil can, and the worst i've seen it do is give someone a gnarly rash (folliculitis), again, like other oils. i'd recommend this because it doesn't oxidize and putting a natural oil that will rot and oxidize on your skin (and ultimately IN YOUR SKIN) is far worse than putting on baby oil (which doesn't penetrate and you could just wash off). continued >>

30 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2006 3:27:00 PM More reviews by SuzieAnne

I've been using baby oil for years. Just like alot of other reviewers, I use to in the summer after I get out of the shower. I've never tried to shave with it, but I'll have to make a point of it next time. I love the classic scent and it's cheap! All this concern about petro (Vaseline, baby oil, etc.) is crazy. They've been around for decades and millions if not tens of millions of people have been using these products. If petro products are cancerous, then I guess we're all going to die - but atleast we'll all have soft skin!! :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2006 1:20:00 PM More reviews by MellyHelly

Actually Baby Oil is plain mineral oil (petrolate) and it does no good to your skin.
It gives a shining finish and some surface comfort and that's all!
No real moisture.
Plus, it is said to be cancerogenous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2005 7:02:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cheap and it smells really good. Great for giving my legs sheen and putting a couple of drops in the bath for added softness. I've even tried a little in my hair and its not too bad for something temporarily to give shine. Update 5/28/13 I still use this for myself since my dd can't use it due to her eczema. I recently bought the shea and cocoa butter version and really like it. It does have an underlying note to it that smells a bit off like plastic to my nose, but is tolerable and performs just as well as the original version but the moisture lasts longer on my skin. I want to try the baby oil gel next in the shea and cocoa butter scent to see if I like that better and will update soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2005 3:53:00 PM More reviews by girlygirl612

A must have for every woman. Shave with this, and use it right after a shower (don't dry off first)--soft skin right away that lasts and lasts. I've even used it on really dry lips in a pinch and it works great for that too--not sure how great mineral oil that close to your mouth is but I'm still here to talk about it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2005 10:06:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh, I just love this! I smoothed some on after my shower tonight and it feels really nice! I put a few drops in one hand then get the other hand wet and mix them and apply, that way it's not too much! Really good for after shaving--no irritation and very moisturizing! Hello winter--bring it on!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2005 10:17:00 PM More reviews by lexingtonienne

I use J&J or store brand baby oil all the time. Uses include a moisturizing bath oil, shaving legs, rubbing into skin in the shower, rubbing into feet as a pedicure, using as massage oil....etc. There are only 2 ingredients listed: mineral oil and fragrance. I love the baby scent, but there are times I'd rather have an unscented version so it didn't clash with my perfume....but I guess that would just be plain ole mineral oil. So if you like the benefits of baby oil but want to skip the scent, pick up a bottle of mineral oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2005 7:35:00 AM More reviews by misscyprus

This is an all around great product. I use it a lot when I go on holiday. The compination of salt water and sun really dries out both my body and my hair. I use it to shave my legs as well!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2005 3:55:00 AM More reviews by perfectly_pink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i dont use the johnsons and johnsons baby oil,i use a cheaper brand from the supermarket does exactly the same thing though,has same ingredients ect.i put this all over my body when i get out of the shower ,while im still wet then i dry myself as normal.my skin is soft and moisturised all over but doesnt have the oily film baby oil gives.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2005 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Frost_Raven

Great, great, GREATEST thing to ever be invented since sliced bread. Excellent for your skin while you take a bath, the best make-up remover I've come across, one of the most versatile and cheapest things I've bought... Definately will buy again, forever.

Also, I just noticed its healing effects on dry lips. My lips weren't cracking, or exactly "dry" persay, but they had a stretched and almost wrinkled appearance. Two days of oil instead of lipchap and BAM! Beautiful, soft, babysmooth lips.