October 2, 2014 | 1754 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2009 2:38:00 AM More reviews by peiyee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried this product for 1 week, together with the clear lotion. But then my nose area started to have skin peeled off. Quite scary. I think I did not apply enough moisturizer after the essence. I should stop the clear lotion first, it seems like too acidic for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

The Miracle Water that everyone is talking about....So, what have I got to say about it ?

A disadvantage if you can't stand the smell, but thank god, it doesn't linger !
I use if after cleansing, and it does repay back the moisture that I've lost from cleansing..... I wake up the following morning feeling that my skin was more radiant and plumper. I can't tell much as I haven't used it long enough to know the long term effects.

My mom and friend are both using them regularly, and claims that it works in preventing pimples. I was told that the Pitera range basically works by renewing your skin more often than naturally is. This results in one having 'new skin' all the time, hence the radiance and good skin.

Was surprised to see so many mixed reviews here..... I guess there's no one universal product that works well on everyone's skin. Perhaps if you have oily pimple prone to normal skin, then this will work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 9:28:00 AM More reviews by halve_moon

I was skeptical on this product after I read so many bad reviews on MUA. My friend who had tried this in the past was not too keen on this product because it made her skin worsened. But on late January, I got the Facial Treatment Essence and the Whitening Source DermDefinition from my cousin who works in a department store. She has translucent clear skin and she uses this.

I have an oily-combination-sensitive skin. My face was in one of the worst condition for months. I got pimples all the time and going to doctors and facialists didn't really help in a long term. The pimples disappeared after I got treatments from doctor or got facials, but it would return again within 2 weeks. My skin was dull and my pores are huge. I was on my lowest level of confidence when my cousin gave me these products, saying that it has helped her friends before and she hoped that they would help me.

So I tried them. At first I didn't see any changes. I soaked a cotton with the Facial Treatment Essence and pat the cotton all over my face after washing and then I put the soaked cotton over my pimples for 30 seconds each. It is said that it would help the pimples to either disappear or to come out from the skin. After that I put on my blemish/pimple lotion/medication on the pimples and then put on my Eucerin moisturizer that has no alcohol, oil, or perfume.

Within 1 month, I can gladly say I got no pimples and clearer skin. I still have some pimple scar and that's when I incorporate SKII Whitening Source DermDefinition to lighten the spots. It's mid-April now and I have finished my first bottle of FTE and starting on the second one. Pimples have not come back at all and I have got so many compliments from a lot of people saying that I look fresh, clear, and glowing. I am so glad that this product fits my skin. It has been quite a miracle water for my skin. I guess you just have to try whether it will fit your skin or not. Because it is different for everybody. But so far, I am a very satisfied SK-II user.

UPDATE 16/06/2009: My skin has never been better. I guess it's true what they say that they bring back your skin to the optimum level. My mom and aunts have noticed that my skin is much clearer and glowy now. I don't even incorporate any acne medication to my skincare regime anymore and I don't get pimples. I'm now using cleanser, toner and moisturizers from SKII as well:Facial Treatment Cleanser, Facial Clear Lotion, Facial Treatment Essence, Repair C, Facial Lift Emulsion(day), Skin Refining Treatment (night) Signs Treatment Totality(night). And it has been good so far. I'll update again in another 2 months.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by jk1230joy

Seriously. Had totally normal skin before trying this product. Started using it 2 weeks ago. I started breaking out a little, thought it was my imagination. Got worse. Then I read that my skin may be "de-toxing". Tried to be patient. Zits increased. Literally, one would pop up before the next would heal.
I (stupidly) kept using it. Because it was bloody expensive and I WANTED it to work. Now I have a HUGE cyst- like zit on my chin. It looks like a boil. I don't know how to go to work tomorrow. I have NEVER EVER had a zit like this. Coincidence? I think not. This CANNOT be good, I don't care WHAT the company claims. Stay away. Stay away. You won't know until it is too late
10/8/2009
Still have a purple scar today (my first EVER from a zit) on my chin from the above mentioned cyst/zit. Don't think it will ever go away. Buyer beware! I don't think it is wise to "stick this irritation period through." Or to be patient. It scarred me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 10:01:00 AM More reviews by andritz

I really like this product - after just a few days of using it, my skin became luminous and smooth! I will definitely buy it again =)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by le

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an HG for me! I haven't had such luminous or clear skin in years! I also have noticed the fine lines at the corners of my eyes have softened and are much less noticeable!

I use this before my moisturizer morning and night and have also really noticed a difference in my skin clarity and luminosity!

My only gripe is the packaging! I waste so much just dumping it into my hands! I wish they had a dropper for easier and less wasteful application.

Just keep using this id you have doubts, I didn't start to see a difference until a month had passed of regular use!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 4:21:00 AM More reviews by wen05

I love this. I have not seen my skin improve so much for the longest time. I've tried many other stuff, but this has worked the best so far. It's my 3rd day of usage and I can see my face glowing. I was skepitical at first cos I've got sensitive skin to start with. And I tried SKII moisturizer before, but it gave me bumps. So I gave up on SKII altogether. But they advertised this treatment essence so hard that it really got my attention, and I eventually got a sample to try. Glad to know at least something from them works for my skin. And yes I'll definately be buying a bottle once my sample runs out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by devilzwind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To be honest, I don't really understand the point of this product. I've been using it every night for the past few months simply because I don't want to waste it, but I feel that it is an unnecessary step in my skincare routine. I haven't notice any change (good or bad) in my skin after using this. I have combination skin - normal cheeks, oily t-zone, fairly clear but with some blackheads. Seems like a waste of time for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by 00R00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Luckily, I received this as a sample when I purchased the SK-II Air Touch Foundation (which I love!). And well, I really don't know. At first I felt it refined, tightened (in a good way) and brightened by complexion, however over time, I felt perhaps it was irritating my skin, perhaps even causing little bumps. For the amount of money a full-sized bottle of this product retails for, I am not at all convinced it's worth it. Everyone, I strongly recommend you get a tester of this stuff and use it for an extended period before committing to a purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2009 9:46:00 PM More reviews by kk1284

I have used this product because it was surrounded by very good reviews and a lot of hype. I used it for about two months, hoping to see result (I wasn't expecting immediate results) but stopped using it because I didn't see my skin improving. The smell isn't the most pleasant but isn't unbearable either.

I just keep the amount left over in a spray bottle and use it as a mist (prefer it this way). I don't think Cate Blanchett should be a spokesperson for SKII because I think she'll have amazing skin regardless of the products she uses (even Clinique).