July 28, 2014 | 2006 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Saffronmodel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this, Ive been using this for about 4 years and I will keep on buying it its amazing, it keeps my skin clear and makes it glow! :)

XXOOXX

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 10:09:00 AM More reviews by somohlala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I cannot live without this product!
I breakout (whiteheads) if i don't use it. Not only that, itmakes my skin soft and subtle. You don't really need to use the whole line of skii (i don't)
It's a true miracle

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 9:22:00 AM More reviews by annabellegan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I treat the infamous Miracle Water as an equalizing skincare primer. It primes my skin to better receive the benefits of my skincare. The 'active' ingredient is Pitera®, a yeast ferment filtrate of sake containing a natural collection of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and organic acids that supposedly aids in the restoration of skin's natural renewal process. Boasting no less than seven benefits...

Healthy skin - Moderates the skin's natural function. Check.
Skin moisturizing - Replenishes skin's moisture. Check.
Skin smoothening - Smoothens skin's surface texture. Check.
Soothing relief - Helps soothes sunburned skin. Check.
Skin balancing - Maintains skin's healthy pH level. Check.
Sebum control - Maintains a healthy balance of sebum. Check.
Skin clarity - Helps make skin look crystal clear.

...Facial Treatment Essence is the ideal one-step, fix-all solution that addresses all of skin's basic needs. My combination skin is duly hydrated in the dry areas and sebum (over)production in the oil-prone T-zone is aptly restrained. If my skin is a fabric, fine lines look 'ironed out'. Skin luminosity and radiance are restored, fairness even.

Much having been said, I use this as a precursor to my La Mer regime and I'm pleased to report that they work synergistically, in perfect tandem.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by emporiem

Very GOOD

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2008 8:05:00 AM More reviews by pocha

Fancy wasting some money? Then this is the product for you! I used this stuff for a number of months and saw no improvement to my skin in any way. To me, it felt like i was putting cold smelly water on my face an was quite unpleasant mainly because of the smell (like old socks or feet!) I cant believe how pointless this stuff is, tho when I read in the information about how I was supposed to do some kind of meditation to visualize how I wanted my skin to be in the morning (and this was supposed to help with results - pullleeeaase!) I did think it a bit gimmicky. Perhaps this is the kind of product you have to use your entire life to see results, but for within the three or four months that I persevered I could find no advantage to using this and would not re purchase. The packaging is lovely tho and it does like rather luxurious on your dresser. But I dont pay out that kind of money for pretty ornaments.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2008 1:54:00 PM More reviews by thedoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have combination skin and live in a warm, tropical climate...I bought this some years ago when SKII was all the rage and this was marketed as 'miracle water', then chucked it into the fridge after a few uses because the pitera smelled bad and it seemed to do nothing for my skin.

I took it out of storage recently though because of a spell in wintry Taiwan that dried up the skin on the side of my face. Even after using Laneige Waterbank essence (which usually does the trick for me) I could - to my dismay - still feel some roughness and dryness. Remembering that a friend had mentioned that SKII's 'miracle water' worked well as a moisturiser in winter, I used some of it, dabbing it on generously with a cotton pad. Because I couldn't stand the smell I rinsed it off later, but I did find the rough patches gone and my skin felt soft and supple!

I would not use this on a daily basis, but would definitely bring it along on a trip to colder climates!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Ania_Wang

For me, it's not a miracle water. It does hydrates skin, but I can do without this essence when I use some nice cream. It's nice for hydration, but not a must have for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by flymbulous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I'd always thought that SKII is over rated and the price we pay for the products is for the marketing hype. Well, I think that way no more. After using the essence for just over a month, I noticed that the skin is significantly more 'balanced', i.e, it controlled the oilies on the T-zone while calming the patches of dry and eczemic skin on my cheeks. In fact, the husband remarked that the redness has gone. Others said that my skin tone is more even. I didn't even realize it myself until lately, except for the oil control part which I experienced 1-2 days into using the product. I've used about a quarter of my 75ml (S$94) essence, which means the regular 150 ml one should last at least 6 months. For a non-prescription product which gives noticeable results, this is indeed money well spent. I am a convert though I still believe it unnecessary to purchase the entire line.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2008 1:07:00 AM More reviews by babyscorpion

It is just OK. I did not see any improvement on my skin while using the SKII line. However I did not see it getting worst either. For the price I was expecting a lot more. I did loved the facial the SA lady gave me using their products. But after purchasing them and trying them at home I did not see the same effect. I will not be buying this one again. What I did like from this line was the whitening mask and the air touch foundation. The rest were just OK.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by marinahasber

No effect after several months of usage. I switched to Shiseido Pureness range. Looks like Shiseido skincare more suitable for my skin.