Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

3.4

on 12/20/2006 9:10:00 PM

My FAVORITE. I will use nothing else. Never need to sharpen it, goes on so smooth and the smudger is so handy (saves room in the makeup bag and works great). I use it everyday and I find one lasts for a month or two. I donít like the gray too much, itís just not dark enough for me (I look 10 without eyeliner). Iím afraid theyíre going to discontinue this or change it. Iíve been using it for years. I wonder how many Iíve gone through...

on 12/6/2006 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is some of the most amazing eyeliner that I have ever used! I love that I don't have to sharpen it, and it goes on so smooth. It does tend to rub off onto my eyelid, but that;s the only problem I've ever had with it.

I LOVE this stuff in the Espresso shade. I don't buy any other eyeliner. It is easy to apply, easy to smudge, and stays on all day. Great stuff, great price!!

on 11/30/2006 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I thought the price was OK on this - have tended to go for super-cheap (i.e. $1-2) eyeliners started out and have upgraded over time (nowadays I use MAC Powerpoint), so this is right in the middle. A friend recommended this kind to me, so I bought the Midnight Blue, which looks really good and is the only navy eyeliner I have.

However, I don't use it very often because it always ends up underneath my eyes, as opposed to on them. When I do use it, I'm always impressed by the application of it: smooth and simple. I don't use the smudging end too often, but it is useful to have. I like the click-up interface of it as well (it really is a perfect point IMO). I just wish they had made it waterproof or more sturdy somehow so it could last me longer than an hour or two!

I said that yes, I would buy again (I've been considering it lately); it's what I consider a mid-range eyeliner, which can be good if you feel like experimenting with a colour change but still want an OK product. However, I'm not too sure because of the lack of staying power; my undereye circles don't need to look any darker than they already are!

on 11/27/2006 4:58:00 PM

To me this eyeliner was a very good choice. I have been buying it since for about 2 years now. It does smudge very easily and i hate having to reapply it. But it does look great once you know how to apply it accurately. :) thanks bunches. your reviews help alot with what im going to buy.

on 11/16/2006 12:57:00 PM

Not a bad eyeliner, but not great. It's super cheap and goes on easy and smooth. However, it disappears within a couple hours. I don't notice a lot of smudging or anything, it's just gone. I do like the sponge one one end and the fact that it's not a pencil that requires a sharpener. But I hate reapplying makeup during the day.

on 10/23/2006 1:33:00 PM

Terrible! I bought "grey khaki" and it's so light you can barely see it...until it smudges under my eyes within a few minutes. I bought another color and had the same trouble. I've never had an eyeliner run and smudge so much. Won't buy Cover Girl eyeliner again.

The first one I had was black. Loved it. Smooth and dark. I love the smudger at the end to help create a smokey eye. Now I have a midnight blue one. I will soon be buying EVERY shade! this stuff is awesome. It the ONLY eyeliner i wear.

on 8/21/2006 1:36:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This eyeliner in black onyx has been my HG eyeliner since junior high. A soft BLACK eyeliner that gives a really great dramatic eye look. It's also really easy to smudge (which could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it) but has enough staying power to last the day. Top it of with the dirt cheap price! Love it!!!

on 8/17/2006 1:11:00 AM

i was looking for a liner that would last a long time on my waterline and this certainly wasn't the one. it goes on smoothly and BLACK (which is nice) - it doesn't tug or pull. smudges very easily which is good for a smokey eye, but i'm not always trying to achieve that look. i would PROBABLY buy this again but i don't reach for it very often as i use better liners so i probably won't feel the need to purchase another.