August 1, 2014 | 1770 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 4:49:00 AM More reviews by iwannabeakennedy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first got this as a sample and my friend actually asked me what I was using because my skin looked great. I bought the full size when the sample was up. smooths over imperfections and gives a nice even base to apply foundation over. Great for photo shoots - I had pictures done for my birthday and my mom even complimented my great skin. I have combo-oily skin and break out/get shine really easily but this was combo-oily friendly and didn't feel heavy and sticky like other primers. The pump dispenses a little more than I like to use however. it's well worth the price because I don't use it daily.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Horrible product. I was miserably disappointed. I don't even have oily skin and this stuff did nothing but make greasy. It did absolutely nothing for me but make me a hot mess within an hour. Gross.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by amy1S

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Instead of buying the more expensive bottle, I opted to buy the sample size ($16 at sephora) because I wanted to try it out first. I have to admit, a little goes a long way. Don't over use it or else it will feel too heavy and it won't do your face justice. One dab (two at most) should do the trick. I only use it on my T-Zone & trouble areas (cheeks and chin). I have had no complaints so far. I do have a slight case of oily skin (more combination really -- dry in the mornings & oily at night) and I find that this primer handles my skin well. I really like the fact that I can use this with powder foundations. Plus, I love the sheer / matte feeling of it. I say Yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Paulinecheyram

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For those of you who dont usually use a primer for your foundation and are wondering if a primer is worth 36 bucks... I say YES. This primer doesn't help much with oil control, but it makes me skin so so soft and helps my foundation stay on for about 9 hours straight! Before after just 4 hours my foundation would be practically melted off.. but after using this I dont have to reapply, and if I do its only a little spot here and there, not my whole face.

I've never used the original photo finish primer, but my friend has used that and says it made her breakout..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 6:53:00 AM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I am disappointed with this primer. It did nothing for my extremely oily skin. I used the regular primer initially and it worked better than the light. After a few hours, the PF Light leaves an ashy look on my skin. Also, the makeup application was better w/ the original smashbox primer. Willl go back to using the original Smashbox primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by jessiko1012

Prior to buying this, I had tried Gosh and Quo's primers and they were not working for me. I finally decided to buy Smashbox and I was pleased that my foundation was finally able to go on smoothly! However, it doesn't keep my foundation on as long as Gosh or Quo does, but I returned those because they were making me flake. Quo was making me break out. Smashbox didn't make me break out and it was relatively good at making my make up go on smoothly. However, it's very expensive... wish there was an alternative. But in the absence of an alternative, I will definitely purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by ValleyPrincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best primer I've used so far. It makes my skin feel so soft and my makeup goes on really smoothly. The only problem is the price so I reserve it for special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Nichole6903

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff - best thing ever. I have oily acne prone skin and since using this combined with my bare minerals mineral foundation - i have never looked better.

Definitely will buy again, and cant recommend this highly enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by merryjane81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use Smashbox's regular primer (the clear one) before they came up with this. I have acne prone skin so I'm glad there is an oil free version now. Just as it says on the bottle, this leaves a refreshing feeling (a cooling sensation) when you put it on. Its texture is not as silky smooth as the original version, but if you leave it on your face for a minute or so, it will eventually feel silky on your face.

Works just as well as the regular version. The foundation applies easily and stays on.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by bruin_chick01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using primer, now I can't apply make up without it. Primers make my makeup application so much smoother and it does seem to make it last longer. I stick with Photo Finish Light because it is very good to my acne-prone skin. They may be better primers out there, but I'm sticking to this light formula because it works without breaking me out.