Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

I love this stuff...my skin is combo/oily so I don't like the silicone feel of the regular Photo Finish...Great texture..a little thick but I let it sink in before I apply my liquid foundation. Overall, this would be considered one of the HG.

on 8/18/2009 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I haven't tried the regular Photo Finish, so I can't compare this to it. I've been using Photo Finish Light for about 2 months now and at first I didn't notice that it was even doing anything. I began to use it every other day just to see whether or not it was actually working. I have noticed that my skin is less oily on the days that I wear it and my foundation does go on a little smoother. It doesn't last all day, at least not as long as it should for the price. It is worth noting that it hasn't broken me out yet, so I'll continue using it until it's all gone. I wouldn't repurchase this unless it were about half the price I paid for it (close to 40 bucks).

on 8/18/2009 12:09:00 PM

This is pretty pricey for what it is. I think it is okay. It is light and has a lotion texture unlike the original. Overall, it is much better than the original.

on 8/17/2009 12:11:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I bought the sample size of this product 3-4 months ago and am still using it! I am glad that this primer does not break me out; it also smooths the appearance of my face. It also helps keep my foundation stay longer. I only have to blot once during the day to keep my oily skin (due to the hot humid summer weather) looking fresh!

The only downside is the price, the sample sized tube was 28 dollars (since I live in Canada) for 15 ml. I will probably be repurchasing since this product did not break me out. However the price is my only concern!

on 8/8/2009 1:06:00 AM

Pros:
- helps to create a smooth canvas
- is formulated for acne-proned skin and oily skin. I found it doesn't make me break out
- short set time (i found that with the original photo finish primer, I had to wait a couple minutes for it to set before I could apply my makeup)
- non-greasy feel/finish compared to original primer
- spreading product is easy because it has a lotion consistency
- helps makeup last longer (although i still need to blot once a day)
- a little product goes a long way
- comes in pump bottle so it's mess free and dispenses the right amount of product each time

Cons:
- price, smashbox primers are quite expensive. I suggest picking up the bottle at a duty-free. At sephora the bottle comes to about $45 + 13% tax whereas at the duty free it was about $35. :)

on 7/18/2009 12:08:00 AM

This primer works really well to have the appearance of smooth skin. This is the first primer i've used so i dont have anything yet to compare it to. I dont think i will buy it again because of the price and because i need something more mattifying. It made make up application smoother but did nothing to make it last any longer than normal.

on 7/17/2009 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Let me start off by saying that my foundation rarely last a whole day, I'm lucky if it even stays put till noon. So after 2 years of reading about this primer, I decided "well why the hell not". Now the only primer I've tried before was the regular primer from MAC and I hated it with a passion. So finally I got this one. I was kind of scared of wanting the product to work sooo bad that it wouldn't. So off I went to Sephora, I first tried a sample and loved it but was afraid I was making myself like it. After test trying it, I got so many comments on my skin, it was insane. I work at a Hotel so I deal with customers none stop. I got comments from so many people (men & women) that I just had to buy it. This makes my skin look amazing and my foundation lasts without lying to you...ALL DAY. I always look fresh & smooth. To me this is magic in a bottle. Will definitely will purchase again.

on 7/16/2009 3:15:00 PM

Things I love:
-soft, clean finish
-matte but not ghostly
-smooths fine lines & pores
-evens out my skintone
My only gripe is that I notice it sometimes dries leaving whitish, dusty patches even though I know I thoroughly blended it in. When I asked a sephora rep about it, she said it might be the dimethi- ingredient.. but it still is supposed to dry completely clear. Even though everything else about this product is so great, I won't buy this again because I don't want to risk looking like I have dried milk on my face.

on 7/13/2009 6:16:00 AM

I have both the old (tinted) and new (lotion-like) versions of the Photo Finish Light Primers... both leave my skin very dry and somewhat flaky, making liquid and cream foundations look powdery before setting. I even took this out of my kit recently. The regular version is a bit better, but still a bit drying overall. The older version (tinted) is far more drying than the newer (lotion-like) one. Either way, for the price, I won't be buying these again. I've switched to several others for myself and my kit. Feel free to contact me if you care to know what they are.

on 7/13/2009 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to love this! I'd always shied away from primers because my skin is super finicky (rosacea, very oily to very dry depending on the day) to the point where I don't even wear foundation often. Well, I tried this, and at first was pleased. It felt light, smooth, and absolutely not greasy or heavy. It had a very light fragrance, but it actually did not make my skin itch, redden or burn. The scent also dissipated quickly. It truly did help my mineral foundation to stay on much, much longer and kept shine at bay for several hours. I wasn't impressed with the 'smoothing' action, though. In spite of prolonging the wear of my makeup, it didn't really smooth out any little fine lines or pores as I was hoping. Another minus is that it lacks sun protection. I used it for three days in a row, and by the morning of the fourth day, I had four giant, painful pimples on my forehead and chin (in spots where I don't get them normally). This disappoints me because either a) the primer itself actually makes me break out or b) the primer didn't do its (ideal) job and protect my skin from the minerals, which also tend to make me break out (I've just been trying to use them up for this reason). Luckily it was a sample and I didn't have to shell out for it. I guess no silicones or minerals work for my skin. For the performance I got, and the price, I don't recommend it.