4.3

Price: $

Price: $

5% to 6% (approximately 0.3 M) citric acid, Vitamin C, pH 2 to 3

on 7/26/2010 9:11:00 PM

i went through a time when i came back from holiday and had lost alottt of weight due to not eating that much and what i did eat wasnt very fattening... im the type of person that if i am not eating enough food and my weight drops my skin will break out and just get dull..
i had the most horrible skin of my life not even my teenage spots were ever this bad.. i had terrible skin it was unbeleivable it was like somone else's skin.. i searched online for lots of different ideas to getting my skin back to normal lemon juice was probably the only thing that helped!.. what lemon juice did for me was take the redness away from all the scarring and quite quickly aswell and something which i wasnt expecting is that it evened out my skin tone perfectly as i have slight pigmention arounf my mouth..
havent needed to use this ever since.. but what i do use is no7 p&p serum this is 'the' serum it takes away redness pigmentation and helps keep your skin smooth for days after exfoliating..

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

DILUTED Lemon Juice is really amazing for oily/acne prone skin skin but I learned that the hard way! I tried rubbing half a lemon over my skin and boy oh boy was that a huge mistake! Please make sure you dilute this! I read online that ice helps to reduce pimples and I read on another website that lemon juice dries out pimples so I froze lemon water and put that on one of my pimple it worked quite well but not as well as TTO or BP/SA. (I learned the ice trick before Michelle Phan btw) I am taking of a lippie for being slow, but I will still use/recommend it.

on 7/26/2010 7:09:00 PM

Lemon juice is actually one of my favorite beauty products! In conjunction with good skincare habits, applying lemon juice to my face has helped keep the pimples away. But what really blows me away about using lemon juice as a skincare product is how wonderful it is at reducing the redness of the acne scars. It works better than anything else that I've tried, including topical creams, microderm, and chemical peels. I can put the lemon juice on at night and see a dramatic difference when I wake up the next day--it's that good! When I fall off of the skincare wagon and stop using lemon juice, the redness does reappear. I suspect that this is due to UV light exposure over time. But as soon as I start reapplying lemon juice, I see the fabulous results again.

I would have thought that freshly-squeezed lemon juice would be the most effective. But after a bit of testing, I actually found that the bottled Santa Cruz Organics lemon juice worked better than other bottled juices AND better than fresh juice. (Side note: I find that it gives a better flavor in cocktails and other drinks, too... perhaps it's more highly-concentrated than fresh lemon juice?)

At first, I tried applying the juice with a cotton ball, but I found that this was overkill. My face would end up feeling sticky, stinging, and irritated. Now, I keep the lemon juice in a small spray bottle in the fridge. It's very easy to apply a few spritzes, and it keeps the application light.

I use the lemon juice on alternating nights in place of a more traditional skin serum--after cleansing, before nighttime moisturizer. It feels and smells great. Please, please give lemon juice a try as a skincare item, especially if you suffer from red acne scarring.

on 7/22/2010 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Because of mua ive been using lemon juice and it works great. My skin is sensitive n i break out easily and im always trying to find natural remedies. I use this once or twice a week and it gives my skin a nice glow n helps minimize my pores without using harsh products

on 7/16/2010 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Lemons have many uses in cosmetics and bath & body products.
They can be used internally or topically.

I use Lemon Juice, Essential Oil, Zest & Rind for different things.

Lemon juice has great skin-lightening properties and the Ascorbic acid is a powerful (but easily degraded) anti-oxidant.

Plus you can cook with them.

on 7/16/2010 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Lemons & lemon juice are great for everything but I would not use them & sugar or salt as body scrubs because I believe that's a waste of good food (except in a rare emergency if there are no alternatives). I use a gentle but effective exfoliating mit with coconut-based gentle cleanser to exfoliate my face & a natural bristle brush for my body. I save the sugar (well, I avoid the sugar! lol & I wouldn't buy costly sugar just for the use of body exfoliation) & valuable salt & lemons for use in my kitchen. Love the smell of lemons!

on 7/16/2010 11:15:00 AM

My favorite use for lemons is for a home-made hand scrub. I squeeze the juice of a lemon on a cup of white sugar, mix it well, it creates a lovely scrub. Then I use it on my hands, cuticles etc. Once you wash it off your hands will feel at their softest. The lemon also helps with yellow staining on the nails.

on 7/16/2010 8:42:00 AM

Tip: I use it with Burt's Bees Pore Refining Mask with French Green Clay. I mix the lemon juice (little) with the clay powder and leave the masque to dry. Voila! My face felt so much cleaner after each session! The combination cleared up the impurities that's stuck.

on 7/16/2010 6:07:00 AM

Lemons and Raw sugar is great for lips and face to exfoliate. Will clear up pimples too! :)

on 7/12/2010 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love how this works for everyone, I will try it on my face, years ago I used it as a high lighter on my hair and it worked beautifully, however, one day I became super sensitive and got a bad case of sun poisoning, be careful in the sun with lemons, I used it for years and it only happened one time and once was enough for me.

Popular Treatments (Face)