September 30, 2014 | 1746 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 11:15:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite use for lemons is for a home-made hand scrub. I squeeze the juice of a lemon on a cup of white sugar, mix it well, it creates a lovely scrub. Then I use it on my hands, cuticles etc. Once you wash it off your hands will feel at their softest. The lemon also helps with yellow staining on the nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Reira

Tip: I use it with Burt's Bees Pore Refining Mask with French Green Clay. I mix the lemon juice (little) with the clay powder and leave the masque to dry. Voila! My face felt so much cleaner after each session! The combination cleared up the impurities that's stuck.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 6:07:00 AM More reviews by DNS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Lemons and Raw sugar is great for lips and face to exfoliate. Will clear up pimples too! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by katmidkiff

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love how this works for everyone, I will try it on my face, years ago I used it as a high lighter on my hair and it worked beautifully, however, one day I became super sensitive and got a bad case of sun poisoning, be careful in the sun with lemons, I used it for years and it only happened one time and once was enough for me.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by smbnavaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Been using lemon juice for 1 week now because I have moderate acne for like forever. Saw the great reviews here and decided to give it a try.I use it morning and night. In a span of 1 week it dried up all my pimples and slightly starting to clear away my scars. However I'll try to just use it at night now because it's starting to dry up my skin. And maybe eventually just on the affected areas and 3x a week. I've tried everything in the drugstore and this is the only one that worked.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Lauriesworld

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE LEMONS! ^^
I use them with everything, water, tea && now my face!
and it works amazing<3
really lightened my acne scars.
who knew a lemon could be so awesome(:?
it does sting a little but it goes away,
i didn't experience any redness.
i just use pure lemon juice from real lemons,
leave it on my face for 10 ten mintues then wash off,
every night&&morning and let me tell you.
AMAZINGRESULTS(:

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by megathon

Surprisingly, this has become a holy grail product for me. I've had acne for over ten years and my skin scars easily, so prior to using this, my skintone was very uneven and I had many dark scars on my face, despite having used prescription gels and over-the-counter lotions and toners that were supposed to minimize the appearance of scars. This stuff did wonders for my face. While I don't think it's done anything in terms of clearing up my skin, it has minimized the appearance of my scars immensely (to the point that some that I'd had for years have completely disappeared), and made my skin look cleaner, brighter, and more even in general. It's extremely inexpensive and has been very effective for me, so I'd highly recommend that people with uneven skintones try it.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So far I use this (1:4 ration with witch hazel) after I clean with my adrienne arpel melt down. I saturate a cotton pad with this solution and wipe my face down. I do this twice. Since I have been doing this, about a month or so, I no longer wear foundation. I wear a little concealer under my eyes and then a light dusting of face powder followed by blush/bronzer and done. I had, HAD some hyperpigmentation on my cheekbones that hadnt been there for long (getting old is a BYTCH! lol) so I decided to try the lemon juice in with my toner. Not only are the hyperpigmented spots MUCH lighter, my overall skin tone has evened out and looks a little brighter. I have never had issues with overly oily skin or blemishes thank God so I cant speak to that function but overall I will continue to use since I really like what I am seeing.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Thank God for lemon juice! I've been using this stuff since I was a teen. I like to use it when I have acne, usually TOTM. I mostly use it before I go to bed, 2-3 times a week only if I feel my skin is breaking out or if it starts to look dull. I use it with sugar to exfoliate. This is how I use it:

1) Wash face and leave damp.
2) Saturate cotton round using 4-5 drops (or more) with lemon juice.
3) Sprinkle white or brown sugar on top of cotton round.
4) Use 10 strokes for each side of face (forehead, cheeks, chin, nose)
5) Rinse with lukewarm water.
6) Follow with moisturizer.

Face is smooth & glowing. Sometimes I use this prior to going out to give my skin a nice glow : )

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

Who knew such a fantastic skincare item was right in my fridge! I have heard about the benefits of lemon juice for quite some time now- but never really bothered trying. Recently due to a new cleanser (I think) I have been getting exceedingly oily :( I wake up in the morning to an awful oil slick on my face which is no fun at all. I also broke out a few days ago from my girly time of the month (ahem, also NOT fun :P) and I got a huge blemish right on my cheek- I never get blemishes in that area, again this could be the cleanser being the culprit. Anywho- due to all this oil and big breakout I suddenly remembered: LEMONS! I thought I would try out my own method. I basically cut a round lemon slice, dampen my face and lightly rub the lemon in circular motions all over, I expereinced a slight tingling feeling, but not stinging or redness. After I rinse my face, and I was so shocked how Smooth my face felt- it was like I had gotton a good exfoliating scrub without the harshnes of exfoliating beads.

The real results arrived the next morning. For the first time in months (I was always getting some form of oily skin in the AM after waking up....) my skin was not oily, nor dry- but felt great and refreshed! it looked for clarified, and that huge zit (& I wish I took before and after shots!) was so teeny tiny and basically gone :) I am so happy I suddenly tried this because I just love it- you have to try this whether you have problematic skin, or normal skin with a few setbacks here and there. Yay for Lemons! ♥