July 29, 2014 | 2127 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by cyndita0414

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Finally! A light shade that is not yellow!!! I have this in Tender Rose, which the LM website describes as a "pink ivory". I have fair skin with rosacea, and Tender Rose is a perfect match - all the other light shades I've tried look yellow & unnatural on me (for example, Bare Escentuals Fairly Light). As for the product itself (not just the color), it's a smooth, elegant, mineral powder, that is NOT glittery. And, it doesn't make my skin itch like BE does. The container also has an inner closing mechanism for travel, like the top of a salt shaker. I like this so much I once bought a second one, when I forgot to bring mine with me on vacation. I apply with the Sephora Professionnel Bronzer Brush # 48 (the one with the goat hair bristles) - really soft brush that works great for mineral foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by ebaygirl

I have tried many different types of mineral makeup (about 7). I have to say LM is the best by far. It gives me a nice glow. As well, to be technical, I find other mineral makeup sits on top of the face (that gives a fake and matte look). Using LM, it sits nicely on the skin that makes it look very natural (like you are not wearing any makeup). I have deeply scarred, acne-prone, oily and sensitive skin and using LM has been beneficial to my skin condition. What I do love about this packaging, is that you can close/shut the makeup from spilling out while it's travelling. Less messy than ie. BE.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A total waste of money for me. I bought it in Soft Porcelain, since that was the shade the lady recommended to me (over the phone – nobody sells LM where I live). I was so excited to try it on, but what a disappointing experience!
First of all, Soft Porcelain is way too pale for me. Secondly, where was that glow everybody has been talking about? There was absolutely no glow at all on my combo/dry skin! Rather the opposite, in fact. I ended up with a very matte face. Coverage was... meh. After a few hours my face felt dry and tight, very uncomfortable.
Also, so many people are complaining about BE and the bismuth. Well, LM has bismuth too, although they call it "pearl powder". What a scam. Besides that, LM claim the product contains amino acids and blah, blah, blah. Read through the INCI ingredient list, there's not an amino acid in sight. And lastly, it says on the packaging that "the finished product was not tested on animals". You know what that means, right? That the separate ingredients may very well have been tested on animals!
I've used mineral makeup for many, many years, but this is a less than mediocre foundation which is extremely over-priced. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2009 1:57:00 AM More reviews by kuu

Yes!! it's a good foundation powder I use real sand with I compare to MAC mineral foundation loose light medium I think Laura's one is a bit more glow and have more coverage but I use both powder for my make up. first I use Mac to layer(I use Mac applicator hey! I think it's good) then Laura to finish all over face

even I don't like to make my make up morning time have many process but well I can deal with it so this is a good quality powder it will last long for 9+ month or year for me! so I don't think it's expensive at all!! and I start to love Laura mercier stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Hinarobinson

I actually really like this, I use it over my MAC studio fix foundation NC 40. I have a lot of scaring on my face so I apply a thin layer of Mac foundation and than I apply this powder believe and no one can tell that my skin is so horrible. I get so many compliments on my skin, when I tell them its makeup they don't believe me lol

I use LM Real Sand although my skin tone is Medium, I thought it would be much more lighter but it wasn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by skincarejunkee

I love this product! I have in Classic Beige and it complements my skin tone perfectly. At first, I thought it looked too dark, but I learned that it only takes a little to get the coverage that I want.

When BE was introduced, I was smitten by the all natural and foundation in a powder form. Since I was a teenager, I've always preferred powder to give me coverage because it was quick and easy to apply. I had high expectation with BE, but I never was able to get the application technique right. It always looked cakey.

So when I wen t to Laura Mercier for a make-over, and the sales rep wanted me to try their mineral line; I was skeptical but I let her try it on me (with mineral primer). It looked awesome. I purchased the primer and powder along with the two brushes; however, I was willing to take them all back if I couldn't master the application technique. Luckily I was able to replicate what the make-up artist did.

It is super easy and fast--almost fool proof. Wearing mineral make-up feels weight-less--feels like I am not wearing any make-up.

I have been using this product over a month and would definitely repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by serdi1420

Absolutely love this product! I'm a new mom and don't have a lot of time to spend on my makeup and was looking for something quick but had great coverage. Gave this powder a try and fell in love with it. I have acne scars that a pain to cover up. With this powder, I don't even have to use concealer because it covers all my imperfections and more. Stays on for hours and looks very natural. It's a little $$$ at $35, but definitely worth it. Definitely better than BE powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by honeybunny6

I'm so confused by this product. I bought it in Tender Rose and LOVED the finish, it was so easy to apply and evened out skin tone and covered a few acne scars I have perfectly after about 30 seconds of buffing it onto my face. It looked glowy and just flawless. However, I noticed that Tender Rose was far too pinky for by neutral toned skin and so bought it in Soft Porcelain instead and had a completely different experience. The powder separated and balled up on my face after about an hour and I looked awful - so bad that I would never even consider wearing it again, despite the large price tag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been a faithful JI user for a couple years now and had no intention of trying anything else. But after reading the reviews here I gave it a shot and it really is like a "luxurious" version of mineral powder, if that could be done at all. It gives you all the benefits of mineral powder- being finely milled, covering imperfections easily, giving you that no-makeup but perfected look- but it goes further than that with the tiny tiny soft focus particles. It really polishes you up and goes one step further in that sense. You really just look fabulous, camera ready, slightly highlighted. Best part, it stays that way all day- no turning orange, you barely get greasy- and even when you do get a little oily, it's dewey, it's not greasy. I am extremely acne prone and have had no problems at all, so I'm sorry that the previous user had irritation...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Cgoddard85

I have very sensitive skin and acne. The sales woman gushed about how wonderful this product is, did my makeup for me and sent me on my way with some. The next day I put it on and within an hour my face felt tight, dry and stung. I turned bright pink. This powder contains bismuth oxychloride - which is highly irritating and can cause cystic acne. Wonderful. I am going back to Jane Iredale and never looking back.