October 30, 2014 | 1662 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Hopoti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been looking for the best mineral powder and after using BE, Everyday minerals and glo minerals, based all the good reviews here I bought this one at color sand. It is possible that the color is too light to me, and thats the reason I don´t look smashing. I really wasn´t very impressed. I hoped this would be my new HG. Well it did´t. It makes my lines more visible and I think it looks like a mask. No bad skin reactions though. It is also kind of pricey. I´ll stick to my pressed glo minerals until I found something better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by fflor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was really excited when i got the product as i have read a lot of good reviews about it and ive always wanted to try out a mineral powder as it seems to be better for my skin. I got this in real sand and i usually apply it after my makeup base or after foundation as like a loose powder and the result is not good. It gets really cakey and feels sticky on my face. Ive tried using big fluffy powder brush and with MAC 187 and still didnt work. I wonder if it works better and more sheer with the mineral primer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2009 5:03:00 AM More reviews by faerus

When it comes to base makeup I'm usually a macoholic, and mineral makeup has never worked well for me. But after a few magazine reviews and the idea of makeup that is clean, has a natural sun protection AND anti-aging properties, I could resist no longer!

I'm happy to say that I like the product alot. It gives good coverage and a nice subtle glow that, amazingly enough, doesn't turn oily at the end of the day.
The packaging is great, and the powder won't dust around.
It's very pigmented and I only have to use a small amount to get the result I'm after (you really need a good kabuki brush to apply it though, as it doesn't work as well with regular brushes). The color is stable, it doesn't turn orange or anything of the sort.

It's basically good stuff, so if you're looking for a mineral powder foundation you should definitely consider it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by silverylotus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, the packaging is excellent. I turn it so that only a few holes are there; this lets me have more control of how much powder I want (plus you are not having powder everywhere!).

I used to use Bare Escentuals, but I felt that it made my skin looks "too polish" and it's obvious I had foundation on. After seeing that this mineral powder has the highest rating of all the mineral makeup, I decided to give this a go. I went to Sephora and got Real Sand which was an exact match to my skin tone. I absolutely love this foundation since started using it half a year ago. It covers like I have perfect skin tone, but it doesn't look like I have any foundation on. I only use a few sprinkle on my face with my kabuki brush for work everyday, and it's plenty for me. It's buildable too, which is nice for special occassion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been very curious about this product for some time, and I finally got a sample from Sephora a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, it just doesn't work for me. First of all, there is no good color match for my pale cool-toned skin. Tender Rose is too dark and Soft Porcelain, the color of my sample, is too yellow. Second, even if the color did match, I am unable to get this product to blend into my skin. I tried a kabuki brush and a regular powder brush, but no matter how I apply it, it remains cakey and powdery and obvious on my skin. It makes the drier areas of my combination face look flakey, but after a few hours it utterly disappears from the oilier areas of my skin. I had such high hopes for this product, but I am disappointed. I'm just glad that I got a sample instead of buying the full-sized product without trying it first.

Ingredients for Soft Porcelain: Mica, Pearl Powder. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by cyndita0414

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Finally! A light shade that is not yellow!!! I have this in Tender Rose, which the LM website describes as a "pink ivory". I have fair skin with rosacea, and Tender Rose is a perfect match - all the other light shades I've tried look yellow & unnatural on me (for example, Bare Escentuals Fairly Light). As for the product itself (not just the color), it's a smooth, elegant, mineral powder, that is NOT glittery. And, it doesn't make my skin itch like BE does. The container also has an inner closing mechanism for travel, like the top of a salt shaker. I like this so much I once bought a second one, when I forgot to bring mine with me on vacation. I apply with the Sephora Professionnel Bronzer Brush # 48 (the one with the goat hair bristles) - really soft brush that works great for mineral foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by ebaygirl

I have tried many different types of mineral makeup (about 7). I have to say LM is the best by far. It gives me a nice glow. As well, to be technical, I find other mineral makeup sits on top of the face (that gives a fake and matte look). Using LM, it sits nicely on the skin that makes it look very natural (like you are not wearing any makeup). I have deeply scarred, acne-prone, oily and sensitive skin and using LM has been beneficial to my skin condition. What I do love about this packaging, is that you can close/shut the makeup from spilling out while it's travelling. Less messy than ie. BE.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A total waste of money for me. I bought it in Soft Porcelain, since that was the shade the lady recommended to me (over the phone – nobody sells LM where I live). I was so excited to try it on, but what a disappointing experience!
First of all, Soft Porcelain is way too pale for me. Secondly, where was that glow everybody has been talking about? There was absolutely no glow at all on my combo/dry skin! Rather the opposite, in fact. I ended up with a very matte face. Coverage was... meh. After a few hours my face felt dry and tight, very uncomfortable.
Also, so many people are complaining about BE and the bismuth. Well, LM has bismuth too, although they call it "pearl powder". What a scam. Besides that, LM claim the product contains amino acids and blah, blah, blah. Read through the INCI ingredient list, there's not an amino acid in sight. And lastly, it says on the packaging that "the finished product was not tested on animals". You know what that means, right? That the separate ingredients may very well have been tested on animals!
I've used mineral makeup for many, many years, but this is a less than mediocre foundation which is extremely over-priced. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2009 1:57:00 AM More reviews by kuu

Yes!! it's a good foundation powder I use real sand with I compare to MAC mineral foundation loose light medium I think Laura's one is a bit more glow and have more coverage but I use both powder for my make up. first I use Mac to layer(I use Mac applicator hey! I think it's good) then Laura to finish all over face

even I don't like to make my make up morning time have many process but well I can deal with it so this is a good quality powder it will last long for 9+ month or year for me! so I don't think it's expensive at all!! and I start to love Laura mercier stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Hinarobinson

I actually really like this, I use it over my MAC studio fix foundation NC 40. I have a lot of scaring on my face so I apply a thin layer of Mac foundation and than I apply this powder believe and no one can tell that my skin is so horrible. I get so many compliments on my skin, when I tell them its makeup they don't believe me lol

I use LM Real Sand although my skin tone is Medium, I thought it would be much more lighter but it wasn't.