April 21, 2014 | 1867 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Hinarobinson

I actually really like this, I use it over my MAC studio fix foundation NC 40. I have a lot of scaring on my face so I apply a thin layer of Mac foundation and than I apply this powder believe and no one can tell that my skin is so horrible. I get so many compliments on my skin, when I tell them its makeup they don't believe me lol

I use LM Real Sand although my skin tone is Medium, I thought it would be much more lighter but it wasn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by skincarejunkee

I love this product! I have in Classic Beige and it complements my skin tone perfectly. At first, I thought it looked too dark, but I learned that it only takes a little to get the coverage that I want.

When BE was introduced, I was smitten by the all natural and foundation in a powder form. Since I was a teenager, I've always preferred powder to give me coverage because it was quick and easy to apply. I had high expectation with BE, but I never was able to get the application technique right. It always looked cakey.

So when I wen t to Laura Mercier for a make-over, and the sales rep wanted me to try their mineral line; I was skeptical but I let her try it on me (with mineral primer). It looked awesome. I purchased the primer and powder along with the two brushes; however, I was willing to take them all back if I couldn't master the application technique. Luckily I was able to replicate what the make-up artist did.

It is super easy and fast--almost fool proof. Wearing mineral make-up feels weight-less--feels like I am not wearing any make-up.

I have been using this product over a month and would definitely repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by serdi1420

Absolutely love this product! I'm a new mom and don't have a lot of time to spend on my makeup and was looking for something quick but had great coverage. Gave this powder a try and fell in love with it. I have acne scars that a pain to cover up. With this powder, I don't even have to use concealer because it covers all my imperfections and more. Stays on for hours and looks very natural. It's a little $$$ at $35, but definitely worth it. Definitely better than BE powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by honeybunny6

I'm so confused by this product. I bought it in Tender Rose and LOVED the finish, it was so easy to apply and evened out skin tone and covered a few acne scars I have perfectly after about 30 seconds of buffing it onto my face. It looked glowy and just flawless. However, I noticed that Tender Rose was far too pinky for by neutral toned skin and so bought it in Soft Porcelain instead and had a completely different experience. The powder separated and balled up on my face after about an hour and I looked awful - so bad that I would never even consider wearing it again, despite the large price tag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been a faithful JI user for a couple years now and had no intention of trying anything else. But after reading the reviews here I gave it a shot and it really is like a "luxurious" version of mineral powder, if that could be done at all. It gives you all the benefits of mineral powder- being finely milled, covering imperfections easily, giving you that no-makeup but perfected look- but it goes further than that with the tiny tiny soft focus particles. It really polishes you up and goes one step further in that sense. You really just look fabulous, camera ready, slightly highlighted. Best part, it stays that way all day- no turning orange, you barely get greasy- and even when you do get a little oily, it's dewey, it's not greasy. I am extremely acne prone and have had no problems at all, so I'm sorry that the previous user had irritation...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Cgoddard85

I have very sensitive skin and acne. The sales woman gushed about how wonderful this product is, did my makeup for me and sent me on my way with some. The next day I put it on and within an hour my face felt tight, dry and stung. I turned bright pink. This powder contains bismuth oxychloride - which is highly irritating and can cause cystic acne. Wonderful. I am going back to Jane Iredale and never looking back.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by funmeg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I started using this mineral powder about 16 months ago. I prefer it to Bare Escentuals, as it offers lighter coverage, and MUCH better packaging. The jar has an interior lid that prevents the powder from sneaking out. It is a mineral powder, so it does offer significant coverage, but it is gentle on the skin, and provides a medium coverage/natural finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2009 1:19:00 PM More reviews by MaggieN

I bought this in natural beige, I wear Mac fix NC 35. This is a medium coverage powder foundation, if I apply too much then it looks a bit ashy, it may be the color but this is the only color that seem to match me the most, as the real sand seems a bit light. I apply the powder using a regular powder brush, does anyone have recommendation on brushes that doesn't feel like it itchy when brushing on your face? The powder seems a little bit glowy, but somehow it kinda accentuate my fine lines below my eyes, when I look in the mirror every hours or so, I see that the makeup settle into the little fine lines under my eyes so I have to pat it to smooth it out. I would consider buying again if I can't find a better powder foundation.

Update: I found out that this color natural beige is too dark my complexion, so I have stop using this, I don't know if the vanilla color would be better for me.

Update Again: I bought the color Real Sand, and it was a better match for my skintone than the Natural Beige, which was a bit too dark. For reference, I wear Mac Fix NC 30/35, Mac Studio Tech in NC 27, Make Up Forever Face & Body foundation in Alabaster Beige, Jane Iredale PurePressed Base in Warm Sienna, Christian Dior Nude liquid foundation in Linen. It's kinda hard to apply this foundation and look at yourself in the mirror at sephora, their lighting is not bright enough, but I would say out of all the shades available, Real Sand is the best match for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 12:37:00 PM More reviews by rolanda

At last! I think I've found my perfect foundation. Up til now, that had been Sheseido The Powdery, but that is quite expensive and I go through it quickly. Also, by the end of the day, I could see it in my pores. Not a good look! This gem, on the other hand, is amazing. It covers my red cheeks, makes my skin look gorgeous, and doesn't make my pores look huge. In fact, even on my nose, where the pore issue is worst, it seems to float over them and they are less visible. I've never experienced that before! And there is no dot highlighting my pores at the end of the day. The color I got must be a perfect match or the formula prevents that pooling in the pores. I use Tender Rose and it's the perfect neutral beige color. I'm not seeing pink like other reviewers say. My skin is not pink or yellow. It's straight beige with a slight greeny cast under the eyes. Most foundations are waaaay too yellow for me now, unless they are waaay too pink/orange - and I've tried sooo many! This and, believe it or not, a cover girl foundation are the first in my long search that had colors that were beige-y - like so much Caucasian skin is. Even though Prescriptives says I'm yellow-orange undertone, their foundations always oxidized on me and I ended up looking straight orange. I cannot recommend this highly enough!! Just having the pore issue gone is enough for me. Do yourself a favor and at least stop in somewhere to sample this. You may find that, like me, the long, painful search for a good foundation is over!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by SquishyUmdlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Laura Mercierís mineral powder is the best loose powder foundation Iíve ever tried! The powder itself is very finely milled, which means that I donít have to use as much product to get my desired coverage. All I need is a light dusting to even out my skin tone. A few minutes after application my skin looks luminous, NOT shiny. A wonderfully lightweight, natural-looking finish. I wear this over LORACís Aquaprime and it lasts all dayóabsolutely no need for touch-ups. However, I think the oil-control could be better; toward the end of the day I find myself having to blot my nose, but aside from that this product is perfect!
I also love the packaging; the rotating cover on the sifter gives me more control over the amount of powder that comes out. It retails at Sephora for $35USD (0.34 oz). For reference, I have olive-tan skin and I have this in PURE HONEY.