December 19, 2014 | 1244 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by rachelleanita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff, it is a billion times better than any other mineral powder. It matches my really yellow but palish skin unlike every other powder I've tried, and it's light enough in coverage that you can't see it but it still evens out my complexion. The packaging is great because you can close the holes so the powder can't get everywhere, and it lasts forever. It's fast to apply, doesn't clog pores like foundation always does for me, and I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by mustbeyv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i was thinking if i should by this or not and the reviews just made me want to more. i dont really like it, its too powdery looking and gets alittle cakey. i dont feel like it stays on, the lady told me that if you dont use a primer with this foundation that it would fall off really quick. i dont think that even the primer is strong enough to keep this on me all day, i even let my friend try it whose got normal skin and she said the same thing. i even let her use the primer too. so now i just dust it on it i am going to close by places like the corner store or walks at night haha or when im bord and play with makeup or try to waste it sometimes. i also dont like how this product looks on my nose, i do peels and exfoliate and moisterize /prime, but it doesnt look smooth on my nose :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Meritorious

+ perfect shade match (which is rare)
+ excellent for evening out skin tone
+ enough coverage to mask imperfections while also looking natural
+ *some* SPF
+ superior jar design
__________
= possible HG!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this seems to be better for those of us who are over 35. I was reading such varying reviews on this makeup and was on the fence for quite awhile about it because of that. Once I filtered the reviews by age category (reason #457 why I lourve MUA), though, I could see that most of the ladies who really like this are in my age group.
So I thought I'd go into Sephora to pick up samples of the lightest shades-- soft porcelain and tender rose-- but once I saw them in the store, I knew that soft porcelain would be best. And it's better than that. I have used so many brands of mineral makeup and none of them hit the right shade. The good thing about powder, though, is that you can mix them up to suit your needs but that gets tiresome and adds to the length of your daily routine. So I am SOOOOOO glad that this matches me perfectly-- in daylight, under flourescent lights, in pictures. No chalkiness. Does not settle in fine lines. Laura Mercier Mineral Powder does what I always heard raves about with other foundations-- it melds with my skin beautifully. It might be that this is the first time a shade has worked so perfectly for me, but the finish on it has to have something to do with it too. It's light enough to show your skin but perfects it nicely-- like a filter. Lasts all day without getting cakey. I actually didn't have to redo my makeup the other evening when going out after wearing it all day. Just a little touch-up.

I do use a primer and finishing powder with this. I'm considering the LM Mineral Primer but that has a lot of 'cones in it and I am leery. But I do prime with some kind of moisturizer, usually a higher SPF one. The new Korres 'cone-free primer is nice with this foundation. Aromaleigh Porcelaine or MAC Blot are fabulous on top to finish.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by melinda_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

***UPDATE*** 11/16/09

I had to stop using this product. It really started to dry out my skin and make me look old. It settled into every line that i didn't even know I had and made my skin just look awful even when I wasn't wearing it. ******

****ORIGINAL REVIEW****
Oh my G_d! I just got this and I love it. It makes my horrendously textured skin look so much better! It must be the light it reflects. I've tried other mineral makeups: Jane Iredale, BE, Aromaleigh, and others I can't recall. This one beats them hands down. I do do really well with LM products, though, so maybe my skin just reacts well to them. I will update if something bad happens, like break-outs, etc., but I love this MU so much that I am actually praying that that doesn't happen, because I don't want to give this up!

* I am a light to medium with golden undertones and got Rich Vanilla. It matches perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by sailormon

Initially I was worried about the coverage and whether it would turn out unevn. I previously used LM's liquid foundation and was totally happy with it bt was tempted by all the positives of mineral foundation esp as I have very oily t-zone!

I've used this (along with the mineral primer & finishing powder) for ~1wk and seriously loving it! Application wise it does take longer than liquid foundation and because I like more coverage esp for my t-zone (big pores) I have to keep circling with my kabuki brush (I suggest getting the Body Shop kabuki brush rather than the one LM promotes). The end result is worth it. Great for ppl with oily skin! It has longer staying powder and my skin doesn't get half as shiny!

I only gave it 4/5 because I've never used another mineral foundation before so I can't compare bt this product is def worth trying. I do find it a little exy bt out of all makeup productions I think foundation is the one worth splurging on!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Hopoti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been looking for the best mineral powder and after using BE, Everyday minerals and glo minerals, based all the good reviews here I bought this one at color sand. It is possible that the color is too light to me, and thats the reason I don´t look smashing. I really wasn´t very impressed. I hoped this would be my new HG. Well it did´t. It makes my lines more visible and I think it looks like a mask. No bad skin reactions though. It is also kind of pricey. I´ll stick to my pressed glo minerals until I found something better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by fflor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was really excited when i got the product as i have read a lot of good reviews about it and ive always wanted to try out a mineral powder as it seems to be better for my skin. I got this in real sand and i usually apply it after my makeup base or after foundation as like a loose powder and the result is not good. It gets really cakey and feels sticky on my face. Ive tried using big fluffy powder brush and with MAC 187 and still didnt work. I wonder if it works better and more sheer with the mineral primer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2009 5:03:00 AM More reviews by faerus

When it comes to base makeup I'm usually a macoholic, and mineral makeup has never worked well for me. But after a few magazine reviews and the idea of makeup that is clean, has a natural sun protection AND anti-aging properties, I could resist no longer!

I'm happy to say that I like the product alot. It gives good coverage and a nice subtle glow that, amazingly enough, doesn't turn oily at the end of the day.
The packaging is great, and the powder won't dust around.
It's very pigmented and I only have to use a small amount to get the result I'm after (you really need a good kabuki brush to apply it though, as it doesn't work as well with regular brushes). The color is stable, it doesn't turn orange or anything of the sort.

It's basically good stuff, so if you're looking for a mineral powder foundation you should definitely consider it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by silverylotus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, the packaging is excellent. I turn it so that only a few holes are there; this lets me have more control of how much powder I want (plus you are not having powder everywhere!).

I used to use Bare Escentuals, but I felt that it made my skin looks "too polish" and it's obvious I had foundation on. After seeing that this mineral powder has the highest rating of all the mineral makeup, I decided to give this a go. I went to Sephora and got Real Sand which was an exact match to my skin tone. I absolutely love this foundation since started using it half a year ago. It covers like I have perfect skin tone, but it doesn't look like I have any foundation on. I only use a few sprinkle on my face with my kabuki brush for work everyday, and it's plenty for me. It's buildable too, which is nice for special occassion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been very curious about this product for some time, and I finally got a sample from Sephora a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, it just doesn't work for me. First of all, there is no good color match for my pale cool-toned skin. Tender Rose is too dark and Soft Porcelain, the color of my sample, is too yellow. Second, even if the color did match, I am unable to get this product to blend into my skin. I tried a kabuki brush and a regular powder brush, but no matter how I apply it, it remains cakey and powdery and obvious on my skin. It makes the drier areas of my combination face look flakey, but after a few hours it utterly disappears from the oilier areas of my skin. I had such high hopes for this product, but I am disappointed. I'm just glad that I got a sample instead of buying the full-sized product without trying it first.

Ingredients for Soft Porcelain: Mica, Pearl Powder. May Contain: Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. continued >>