July 30, 2014 | 1737 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

By far the best dry shampoo Ive tried. Ive tested most of the ones from the drugstore, but seriously, its crap compared to this! This doesnt add any more "bulk" to my hair or grease! I love the smell (original and the other lovely scents). My only complaint is the price but you get what you pay for!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by cocofern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hair is pretty dry and overprocessed which forces me to wash it every few days. I typically can go 4 days at most without washing because any longer makes my hair slightly oily at the roots and really dry/tangled everywhere else. I didn't think that a dry shampoo would work wonders for my hair type, but since I've never tried one before I got this product at Sally's anyway.
I think it cost around $6 and since I have never used this I am not sure how long it is supposed to last. I didn't wash my hair today so I decided to try this stuff. Holy crap! I was amazed at how quickly my hair started to feel light, fresh, and the tangles were so much easier to comb out.
I sprayed it throughout my hair, rubbed in a little bit, and brushed out with a large boar bristle round brush. My hair felt amazing, almost as if I had just washed it, and this product also added a little bit of volume (though that doesn't seem to last for long). The scent is pretty neutral and doesn't linger for very long.
I am really glad I purchased this product for days like this. I wish I knew about/tried it before. Works great for days when your hair feels gross and unmanageable but you have no time to wash it. I love this stuff and will continue to repurchase since it doesn't cost a fortune.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by zerp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

okay, after reading so many good reviews here i decided to pick this up at Shopper's Drug Mart (they only had it in original, $10). I've always used baby powder because I've read it's a good replacement for dry shampoo, but boy have I been missing out...

I had 2 day hair, which means clumps of grease at the roots. (I was staying home to study so I let my hair rest for a day). I tried it out and I LOVE THIS PRODUCT ALREADY AHHHH. SHOULD'VE GOTTEN IT SOONER. I didn't expect it to work miracles, because products rarely ever do! But this made my hair sooo soft, shiny but not greasy, light scent, and actually when I sprayed it, it didn't leave any white powder AT all on my black asian hair.

update: works very well, but on days when the air is moist and humid, my hair tends to get a bit oilier after being outside. it would be best to keep one at school also to touch-up after bussing there

update2: it runs out really fast.

I really can't wait till 2 days to pass so I can try this out again :D:D I want to see how long it lasts, and how much volume it gives me. I will update.

The only thing I dont like about this product is that it comes in an aerosol- absolutely not environmentally friendly. But I guess the product works best that way.. (If there was a non-aerosol version, I would get it.)

Update: so I've been using this for a while now, and I'm still in love with it as I was when I first tried it. I even dare to go 3 days without washing my hair sometimes,and it looks fine. I absolutely love 2-day hair (I used to wash everyday cause I got oily on 2nd day) because it holds my styling better. I curl it on day 1 and for the next couple days, my hair is volumptious and wavy. This product is freaking awesome. I'm gonna try to find a travel size to leave at school for my/my friend's emergencies.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by bbcreamlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My scalp is insanely oily, after washing it in the afternoon, the next day, when I wake up, it will be greasy already. So I was really desperate for something that would control the oil. I chanced upon batiste in guardian and decided to buy it immediately. I was pretty happy with the price ($6.90), nothing that would break the bank. The next day, my hair was oily, as usual. So I reached for my newly purchased dry shampoo and sprayed it all over the roots of my hair. And oh wow! My hair became instantly full of volume and the oil just vanished! The white streaks vanished after I rubbed it into my hair. After I went to school, I felt really refreshed, a far cry from the usually oily, yucky feeling that I have on my scalp. At the end of the day, my hair still felt good. Highly recommended! Oh, and did I mention that I LOVE the smell?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

I have tried several dry shampoos including tigi's rockaholic (which i used one time and it disappeared from the can), klorane, powders and this one so far is my fave. I'm hooked on these now because I have so much hair and I like to keep it long and my hair gets oily by the next day. I usually wash my hair every other day, but once in a while I don't mind going a 2nd day without washing because I have to get up super early in the morning for work or other things and don't want to wet my hair and feel cold. I know it's weird, plus blow drying takes forever when I'm in a rush so Batiste saves the day! I LOVE this stuff! I have the regular turquoise can and the blush can. This stuff no kidding soaks up all the oil and takes away the oily scalp smell and gross feeling and gives me a nice clean feeling dried up scalp with volume! I love it! I also love the buy one get one sales at ulta..i will stock up next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by MarianneEsse

I love this product so much !!
I have really oily roots, and I used to wash my hair everyday because I just felt my hair dirty when I didn't wash it.
Then I started using this dry shampoo and I really saw some improvement. Now I don't feel the need to wash my hair everyday, I just spray a little of this product and I'm good to go.

So, if you have really oily roots and you are trying not to wash your hair everyday you should try this. I just bought the "Cool & Crisp Fresh" which just gives your hair a fresh smell but I'm really looking forward to try another product, maybe the spray for brunettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by pinkebonette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product saves my hair on a regular basis! I usually get greasy roots and bangs the day after I wash my hair, so I just spray this on and my hair pretty much looks like I just washed and dried it. I have black hair and after brushing it out I don't see any white residue. If you see some, you're probably putting on too much or not brushing it enough.

I have it in Original because it's the only one available at my local Shoppers Drug Mart (I'm in Canada). It's not my favourite scent, but it's not bad either. It costs me a little over $8 and lasts me quite a while. This is definitely one of my essential products.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by jessii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't really say if this works for me or not . I dont have oily hair at all apart from my fringde gets greasy somtimes - it has a nice smell but comes out pretty powerfull.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by melanieeatsghosts

Freakin' love this stuff. I have black hair, and nearly everything else leaves a disgusting white cast over my hair that won't come out. Batiste leaves me clean and volumized! The only downside is there's not a whole lot of product in the can (or maybe I was unlucky), but they also come in the 'on-the-go' size, which fits great in your purse! Woo!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by onegoodcat

So I have wanted a good dry shampoo for some time now. I tried Tresemme's but it sucked so bad. My roots get very oily, and my scalp also develops odor quite quickly. Batiste not only neutralized the oiliness, but it eliminated the odor and added volume to my roots! I have nothing bad to say about this product. The blush scent also smells nice. HG!
*******As for the white residue, simply rub your hair until the white fades completely or brush it with a boar bristled brush! Do not spray the can too close to your hair; the point is for the product to grab onto the hair evenly! I have black hair, and the white residue was not a problem because I'm always able to rub it off.*******