August 27, 2014 | 1886 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by rachelicious904

My go to dry shampoo, it's the first one I ever tried and I don't see a reason to change. I really does transform greasy hair, makes it look and feel fresh. Even if my hair smells of smoke I'll spray some on to make it smell nicer :) It doesn't make your hair feel great (maybe more stylable though!) if you use too much but it looks fine. I use it on the day inbetween washes. Love it, especially the mini ones that go so nice in my hand bag. Been meaning to try the brunette one as you have to rub the original in or your hair goes white!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by gourmandechezelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best dry shampoo I have tried! I've used Tre Semme Fresh Start (liked the fragrance, but the formula is gummy and just feels like heavy hair spray) and Psssst! (works well, but I feel like you have to use a lot to get the desired effect) and Batiste is hands-down the winner. You don't need a lot and when you brush it out, your hair really looks fresh and clean. I like to pull up a few sections near my crown with a comb and blast the roots and then flip my head over and brush out. Smells fresh and slightly citrusy (did not like the "Blush" scent which smelled way too strong for me).

For reference, I have dry, fine (but a lot of it) highlighted blonde hair and I try not to wash it more than a couple times a week. This stuff is tremendous. If it was a bit cheaper ($8 for shampoo is a bit much for my budget), I'd give it 5 stars. It really is pretty awesome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

this is a great dry shampoo for days in between days of washing my hair. it smells nice and does not leave gross white gunk in my hair. love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 8:22:00 AM More reviews by redcloud75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I buy three or four cans of this every time I'm in London; it is my personal miracle worker. I spritz in on not just if I've skipped washing my hair, but also on clean hair days. I wash my hair almost every day anyway, so I use a spritz or two at my roots to add body, dimension and lift. It's perfect. I have blonde hair so I don't even need to brush it out, I just fluff my roots with my hands. The only downside to me (I buy the "Blush" formula) is that I'm not crazy about the smell. It's a little too reminiscent of cheap powdery perfumes aimed at teenagers. Oh well. The smell fades pretty quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by chusuyuki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this from a local shop at about SGD$6.90. My hair gets oily on the same day I washed my hair and this works pretty well. I have oily roots and dry ends as I colored my hair constantly. I did what the container says, spray onto the root and brush. This works!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by shinejunkiemonkee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite range of dry shampoos. I've tried three types: Proud & True Brit, XXL Volume, and Nude. I loved them all.

Proud & True Brit is, as I understand it, the same as the original Batiste dry shampoo except for the scent. It smells kind of perfumey but isn't too strong. It definitely makes my dark brown hair gray, but that's nothing some rubbing and a good brushing with a natural bristle brush can't fix. This stuff degreases, freshens, and lightly volumizes my hair with minimum fuss. Also, one can lasted me over two months--and I was using it probably three times a week. (I've bought other brands of dry shampoo that lasted two uses. Heck, I've bought cans of dry shampoo I haven't gotten any uses out of at all because the nozzles were faulty.)

XXL Volume is a combination dry shampoo/volumizing hairspray. Dry shampoo is always going to volumize your hair a bit simply because it gets rid of the grease that makes your hair go lank. But this stuff volumizes your hair like whoa. It's serious stuff. The only downside is that it makes your hair feel a bit like cotton candy.

Nude is the fragrance-free, non-aerosol option. It's a white powder that comes in a plastic squeeze bottle with a fine-tip nozzle. You can either dispense some directly onto your roots or into your palm and apply with your fingers. (The latter method seems to work better for me.) It performs a lot like the Proud & True Brit version.

All in all, I love Batiste dry shampoo. They perform well and are very reasonably priced (between 2.99 and 3.99 each). I wish this were more widely available, in all its many varieties, outside the UK because it's a great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Marla20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this - I have the original and the blush - AND I have the blush in the travel size which I keep in my desk at work - BEST!! This has saved me countless mornings where I'm rushing out the door. I spray this all over the roots of my hair (like the bottle says) then brush my hair into a ponytail or bun - and VOILA! non-greasy presentable hair!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by mkf96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this so much :) Great if you sleep in.. Really does work, and it's not too expensive. My hair gets greasy the day after I wash it, and this soaks up all the oil, and makes my hair look brighter. However, if you have dark hair you'd really have to shake well before use and rub it into your roots well, because it can leave white marks on your head if you don't.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

By far the best dry shampoo Ive tried. Ive tested most of the ones from the drugstore, but seriously, its crap compared to this! This doesnt add any more "bulk" to my hair or grease! I love the smell (original and the other lovely scents). My only complaint is the price but you get what you pay for!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by cocofern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hair is pretty dry and overprocessed which forces me to wash it every few days. I typically can go 4 days at most without washing because any longer makes my hair slightly oily at the roots and really dry/tangled everywhere else. I didn't think that a dry shampoo would work wonders for my hair type, but since I've never tried one before I got this product at Sally's anyway.
I think it cost around $6 and since I have never used this I am not sure how long it is supposed to last. I didn't wash my hair today so I decided to try this stuff. Holy crap! I was amazed at how quickly my hair started to feel light, fresh, and the tangles were so much easier to comb out.
I sprayed it throughout my hair, rubbed in a little bit, and brushed out with a large boar bristle round brush. My hair felt amazing, almost as if I had just washed it, and this product also added a little bit of volume (though that doesn't seem to last for long). The scent is pretty neutral and doesn't linger for very long.
I am really glad I purchased this product for days like this. I wish I knew about/tried it before. Works great for days when your hair feels gross and unmanageable but you have no time to wash it. I love this stuff and will continue to repurchase since it doesn't cost a fortune.