Becca Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

3.9

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Persea Gratissima (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables), Talc, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Myristate, Kaolin, Cocoglycerides, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid, Parfum. May contain: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 7 CI 15850.

I received a sample of this from a fellow MUA member. This foundation would be great for skin that isn't oily, and has few flaws to cover. It is luminous, and makes the dryer parts of my skin (cheeks) glow. Like others, I found the scent to be a little too strong. For those who have acne scars, discoloration and/or oily skin--I wouldn't recommend this.

I love this foundation, it is too excellent. It is fairly well priced for the quality, and it lasts a long time. I have very sensitive skin and I did find that for the first week or so of use my skin felt a little clogged and sensitive but I persisted and it cleared up within about 10 days.
I wear Sand and I also use the loose powder over the top, otherwise it just doesn't last all that well (my one complaint), especially in the winter when my skin gets dry.
With the Becca Loose Powder it is as close to the elusive Holy grail as I have been able to find. Yet.

Camel was a perfect match for my fair Asian skin with yellow undertones. However, as with all Becca products the fragrance was overpowering and made my face itch even though I did not break out.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

After 3 1/2 weeks of using the LSC in Cashmere in conjunction with other Becca products (hydrating primer, Praline foundation stick, Vanilla concealer and Bisque powder), I can honestly say my skin has never looked better. The LSC is very sheer, but since my skin has become so clear w/Becca products the sheerness works well and allows my real skin to be seen. I apply the LSC over the primer with a Smashbox foundation brush, and it blends well and easily; dries quickly, too. Followed up with the FS and concealer in spots, then powder, the look is flawless. I do need to blot in the middle of the day - and then apply a dusting of NYC pressed powder, which works well with the Becca -- but to have such clear skin makes that and the price all worthwhile.

A dewy liquid foundation that feels more like a tinted moisturiser than a foundation. Probably not suited to those with very oily skin cause it may slide off. The pump packaging is good and prevents spills but the price is AU$58 which is a bit steep. I don't like the scent but luckily its not very strong. I will probably repurchase depending on whether I can find anything that I like better.

I look at this product like a primer/sunscreen more than as a foundation. I've had bad luck with sunscreens, breaking me out and stinging my eyes, and this product didn't do either so that was the first plus. Secondly, although kind of sticky and moisturizing, it has a texture that makes everything else adhere to it well--it works very well with the stick foundation, or even any old concealer, and greatly helps in preventing creasing, at least for me. It also seems to fill in the cracks and blankets over the dry spots well too. I look at it this way, rather than buying a primer, sunscreen, and a tinted moisturizer, as well as skin treatments, I can have it all in one product. So despite the price, I'm actually saving money in a way, as well as saving time in the morning with fewer steps. The coverage isn't the best, but it makes your skin really dewy, which I like. I normally require medium or fuller coverage, but something about this stuff lessens my need to cover everything up so heavily--perhaps it is the sheen, reflecting light off, so in some way playing light tricks and hence minimizing my flaws, without actually covering them. I have combo skin, and haven't had any problems yet with breakouts, but it can get a bit shiny looking after a while, so bring your blotting papers!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Becca LSC retails for $35.00. It comes in a pump-bottle which is hygienic. It claims to have SPF 27, however, without anything in the ingredients that can block UVA (titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, avobenzone, etc.) I'm a bit skeptic. (Never rely on foundation only to give you the sun protection, though..).

LSC goes on VERY sheerly, in fact, sheerer than any of the tinted moisturizer I've ever tried (So far, I tried Cover Girl, Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown). The color selection is awsome, but it is so sheer that I can easily interchange between 3 shades without noticable difference. It somewhat evens out the skin tone and still letting the skin show through. In terms of finish, it is dewy, which some can interpret this as greasy, sticky, tacky, etc. On my dry, mature skin, it is very moisturizing and leave my skin actually glowing and dewy looking, with minimal stickiness after it sinks in. I found no glitter/shimmer particle in it to enhance the dewy-ness. It does contain that Becca-fragrance, which may or may not be to your interest.

After extensive use (for about a month now) I do experience occasional minor skin reaction (itching) which I suspect comes from the fragrance. That's why I give it a 3-lipstick. You may want to get a sample and give it a try before committing to the whole package. continued >>

I have to say I really love this foundation. I use the Cashmere and it leaves my skin smooth and fresh looking. I had tried a sample packet and didn't really like it. The sample seemed dry for some reason. I'm very glad I gave it another chance when Becca came to Nordies.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought LSC in Sand. I was quite surprised to discover that I liked this...I usually avoid sheer liquids b/c I have ruddiness around my t-zone and it never covers that. This doesn't either, but its a great way of smoothing out my skin so I can apply buildable coverage with stick only in the areas I need it for a natural glowing look. It is a moisturizing foundation and I am using it as a moisturizer and primer. It is not heavy but does not wear off either. I don't know if oily types will like it; it is not oil-free and I noticed in the ingredients that there are ahas listed as well so sensitive types might have problems as well. The color match is incredible though, and I am very pleased with this purchase.

This foundation is pretty much the only foundation I reach for. Becca's line works very well for my young combination skin. Used alone, this LSC gives a dewy glow that *can* be too much e.g. during summer, but in winter this is just perfect. I love using this because it has a beautiful texture - very creamy/foamy yet liquidy. Not quite sure how to explain it, but yes I love it!

I also love the sun protection that it offers. Apparently, while it says SPF20, it's actually tested to be SPF27. I read this in another forum, where someone heard it from an SA, so I'm not sure how reliable it is. Anyhow, this really evens out my skintone. It doesn't cover very much, but in the mornings my skin behaves pretty well after a good night's sleep, and just needs a little bit of evening-out and concealer.

With a light dusting of powder on top, I'm pretty much done with base makeup. I look like I have fantastic, flawless skin, and I love it! :) I'd definitely repurchase and I would definitely recommend it to people with drier skin types. Or combination, like me :) I really like Becca's LSC for day, and maybe Armani's LSF for night! continued >>