September 2, 2014 | 1892 users online

Liquid - Becca - Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2003 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Hunhun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A dewy liquid foundation that feels more like a tinted moisturiser than a foundation. Probably not suited to those with very oily skin cause it may slide off. The pump packaging is good and prevents spills but the price is AU$58 which is a bit steep. I don't like the scent but luckily its not very strong. I will probably repurchase depending on whether I can find anything that I like better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2003 7:22:00 PM More reviews by yunity

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I look at this product like a primer/sunscreen more than as a foundation. I've had bad luck with sunscreens, breaking me out and stinging my eyes, and this product didn't do either so that was the first plus. Secondly, although kind of sticky and moisturizing, it has a texture that makes everything else adhere to it well--it works very well with the stick foundation, or even any old concealer, and greatly helps in preventing creasing, at least for me. It also seems to fill in the cracks and blankets over the dry spots well too. I look at it this way, rather than buying a primer, sunscreen, and a tinted moisturizer, as well as skin treatments, I can have it all in one product. So despite the price, I'm actually saving money in a way, as well as saving time in the morning with fewer steps. The coverage isn't the best, but it makes your skin really dewy, which I like. I normally require medium or fuller coverage, but something about this stuff lessens my need to cover everything up so heavily--perhaps it is the sheen, reflecting light off, so in some way playing light tricks and hence minimizing my flaws, without actually covering them. I have combo skin, and haven't had any problems yet with breakouts, but it can get a bit shiny looking after a while, so bring your blotting papers!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2003 9:47:00 AM More reviews by chopsticktoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Becca LSC retails for $35.00. It comes in a pump-bottle which is hygienic. It claims to have SPF 27, however, without anything in the ingredients that can block UVA (titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, avobenzone, etc.) I'm a bit skeptic. (Never rely on foundation only to give you the sun protection, though..).

LSC goes on VERY sheerly, in fact, sheerer than any of the tinted moisturizer I've ever tried (So far, I tried Cover Girl, Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown). The color selection is awsome, but it is so sheer that I can easily interchange between 3 shades without noticable difference. It somewhat evens out the skin tone and still letting the skin show through. In terms of finish, it is dewy, which some can interpret this as greasy, sticky, tacky, etc. On my dry, mature skin, it is very moisturizing and leave my skin actually glowing and dewy looking, with minimal stickiness after it sinks in. I found no glitter/shimmer particle in it to enhance the dewy-ness. It does contain that Becca-fragrance, which may or may not be to your interest.

After extensive use (for about a month now) I do experience occasional minor skin reaction (itching) which I suspect comes from the fragrance. That's why I give it a 3-lipstick. You may want to get a sample and give it a try before committing to the whole package. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2003 2:26:00 PM More reviews by cyndiinphilly

I have to say I really love this foundation. I use the Cashmere and it leaves my skin smooth and fresh looking. I had tried a sample packet and didn't really like it. The sample seemed dry for some reason. I'm very glad I gave it another chance when Becca came to Nordies.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2003 1:04:00 PM More reviews by elizabeg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought LSC in Sand. I was quite surprised to discover that I liked this...I usually avoid sheer liquids b/c I have ruddiness around my t-zone and it never covers that. This doesn't either, but its a great way of smoothing out my skin so I can apply buildable coverage with stick only in the areas I need it for a natural glowing look. It is a moisturizing foundation and I am using it as a moisturizer and primer. It is not heavy but does not wear off either. I don't know if oily types will like it; it is not oil-free and I noticed in the ingredients that there are ahas listed as well so sensitive types might have problems as well. The color match is incredible though, and I am very pleased with this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2003 2:10:00 PM More reviews by st3sa

This foundation is pretty much the only foundation I reach for. Becca's line works very well for my young combination skin. Used alone, this LSC gives a dewy glow that *can* be too much e.g. during summer, but in winter this is just perfect. I love using this because it has a beautiful texture - very creamy/foamy yet liquidy. Not quite sure how to explain it, but yes I love it!

I also love the sun protection that it offers. Apparently, while it says SPF20, it's actually tested to be SPF27. I read this in another forum, where someone heard it from an SA, so I'm not sure how reliable it is. Anyhow, this really evens out my skintone. It doesn't cover very much, but in the mornings my skin behaves pretty well after a good night's sleep, and just needs a little bit of evening-out and concealer.

With a light dusting of powder on top, I'm pretty much done with base makeup. I look like I have fantastic, flawless skin, and I love it! :) I'd definitely repurchase and I would definitely recommend it to people with drier skin types. Or combination, like me :) I really like Becca's LSC for day, and maybe Armani's LSF for night! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2003 7:32:00 PM More reviews by tnfrench

As much as the Stick Foundation works WONDERFULLY on me, the LSC was yuck. I have dry skin, and this made me look incredibly oily. When first applied it looks lovely, but 30 minutes later it looked like I'd rubbed Crisco on my face. I had already bought it so decided to try it again the next day using more powder, but same crisco-effect, AND I had a major break-out starting that night. I absolutely love the scent of all Becca's products, the LSC color range is superb, and the packaging is ingenious, all of which are the only reasons I gave this more than 1 lippie. Definitely try this product before buying...it's not for everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2003 2:40:00 AM More reviews by luci

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well..this was SHEER indeed!(I bought it in 'Sand')It didn't do much for my skin, as it was very sheer and didn't cover up that redness I sometimes get in my cheeks. However I would recommend it to someone who only requires very light coverage and who may have dry skin (it was fairly moisturising).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2003 2:48:00 PM More reviews by shelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My HG of foundation! I could never used foundation before, because everything accentuated my flakey skin. LSC just makes me glow. I crack up now whenever someone tells me how lucky I am that I have such beautiful skin that I don't need to wear foundation. Little do they know. :-)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2003 2:59:00 PM More reviews by aznbebebabe

Yuck. I tried this again and it is yucky. It is just too greasy and heavy for oily skin. I felt like I was wearing a mask.