Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.2

on 1/13/2006 5:15:00 PM

I wouldn't call this a gel at all ... it's more like a cream. The color is beautiful and surprisingly easy to apply. It seems like it would smudge really easily, but when it dries after 30 seconds, it stays put all day. Since I've always used eyeliner pencils, I thought this would be a big mess, and I'd have to reapply several times to get a straight line, but that's not the case at all. I definitely recommend it!

on 1/2/2006 7:00:00 PM

How could I have not reviewed this product yet? HOLY GRAIL!!! And yes, I shouted that. The staying power is incredible, the black is true, and it is the only thing that really works for lining my inner rims (both in terms of pigmentation and staying power). It's better than MAC fluidlines and Stila smudgepots, hands down. Love, love, love this stuff! Plus, I bought this when it first came out, and I'm still working on the same jar! It has a *huge* dip, but it's still moist and wearable.

I already wrote a review for this product under the general gel eyeliner category so I'm just reviewing the shade here. The deepest and truest black eyeliner. Makes the eyes pop. Possibly a bit too intense as it makes your eyes look very sharp and defined. Great for evening.

on 12/3/2005 11:04:00 PM

I love this. An easy to apply gel liner with a nice creamy consistency. Dries quickly but not so quickly you can't work with it.

A true black and lasts for hours and hours.

I couldn't ask for anything more.

on 11/28/2005 11:29:00 PM

BB's Black Ink gel is a perfect black liner. I didn't use the product for months, thinking that it might be too harsh. Once I opened the container, I found that I was wrong.

The product stayed moist while in storage (These typically last only 6-9 months once opened, then you have to scrape off the top layer). The gel is a wondeful consistency, applies very smooth and can be controlled well with a laura mercier push brush.

The Black Ink gel is highly pigmented--once you get used to how much you need on your brush you will be able to do either a thick or thin application.

Applies beautifully, wears like iron and stays on until I take it off. I love this product--it really delivers! continued >>

on 11/23/2005 7:02:00 PM

a perfect, straightforward basic black. no shimmer, but true, black as black can be. I use it for tightlining and it is perfect in consistancy and last forever, even in the inner rims. there is a short window of time that you can smudge it but after those few seconds, it does not bugde, not even when I take out my contacts to rinse and re-insert. it may seem expensive for a little jar but these things last a long time if you close the cap tightly. a go to basic!

on 11/19/2005 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

My staple. Long lasting and intense pigmentation. A true black i've always been looking for.

on 9/23/2005 12:29:00 AM

Awesome eyeliner! Works the best on my eyes! Makes a thin line so you can still see my eyelashes! I recieved this in a swap and it is one of the best swaps I have ever made. I cant believe how well this applies, it is TRUE blackest black not grey like other fluidliners I have tried... I am in love with this liner. I use a slanted eyeliner brush, and a little goes a long way. ;)

on 9/20/2005 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use this product solely for tightlining and it's adequate at best. While this does stays a true inky black, I end up with raccoon eyes by the end of the day. I don't like to use it as a regular liner; I find the texture difficult to work with. continued >>

on 8/12/2005 2:14:00 AM

I think maybe the Black Ink is too dark for my complexion- it's truly black and can sometimes look harsh. I might try one of the lighter shades. I've tried pencils and liquids and this is the easiest to apply - even for an eyeliner idiot like myself. I apply this with my MAC #209 brush and it works well. It dries very quickly so be careful about making mistakes. Excellent quality and texture.