July 23, 2014 | 1843 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2005 9:51:00 PM More reviews by lindseylouike

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am Asian with hooded eyelids, so I've been on a life-long search for an eyeliner that doesn't crease, and this is the best I've found. I first tried applying it with my angled eyeliner brush, and this was really tedious. I've been using Stila's #4 brush, which seems to work pretty well, though when I get some money I'd like to try BB's ultra fine eye liner brush that's made for the product. I use Benefit f.y. eye as a base, and I'm sure that that helps the liner not to crease too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2005 7:50:00 PM More reviews by FOXYPURR

Wonderful! My HG eyeliner. Lasts through a night of dancing, drinking, and sweating (sometimes even crying) and still looks beautiful. If you get the right slanted eyeliner brush this can be applied in the most elegant thin line. Amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2005 1:45:00 AM More reviews by MedusasSnakePit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I swear I have an individual makeup product for each individual part of the eye... This is what I use to line the inner rims, because it's the onliest thing that's gonna stay on! Two coats and I'm good!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2005 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Snowfnugg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm hopeless w/liquid e/l so this one is my saviour. It gives abt the same wet-look as a liquid e/l, but is much easier to apply IMO. Great stayingpower as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2005 12:41:00 PM More reviews by lipglossgal

Awesome product...I finally found a product that does not flake or smear, even when I use it to line the rim of my eye. Hallalujah -Bobbi, you are the best!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2005 1:50:00 AM More reviews by joyful

Unfortunately, I was allergic to this product. It made my eyes itch and water terribly and I'm not generally prone to cosmetic allergies.

Even without the allergy, I still wasn't thrilled with this liner. I found it a pain to get a really nice line with it and I was never able to really master a technique that worked for me.

I much prefer the Laura Mercier Cake Eyeliners...the line was much more sophisticated and I experienced no adverse reaction.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2005 10:11:00 AM More reviews by MissLadida

I love this. Its great. I find it easy to apply using a slanted brush. Depending on the application can be really subtle or more dramatic.

I use this to line the top and bottom lashes and find it lasts for hours without smudging or flaking.

I will definately repurchase and in fact am in the process of getting more colourful shades. If and when this one runs out I'll definately rebuy but probably as a CP as in Australia it is ridiculously expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2005 4:00:00 AM More reviews by grasshopper

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! anyhow it's my favorite eyeliner in the whole world and is a complete staple. i find it to be very resistant to smudging and the pigmentation is fabulous. it's easy to apply once you get the hang of using the brush- and i recommend the fine eyeliner brush from bobbi brown as well as the bristles are stiff enough to give a precise line and it's super easy to use..

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2005 11:03:00 AM More reviews by dahooie

Although I'd buy this product again, I was nonethless disappointed. The gel had great staying power, but very little working time to blend a nice smooth thin lash line. Further, it was not very dark unless several coats were applied or a heavy hand is used. If it did not dry so quickly i would have rated this a 5. I plan to try other gel liners and compare, though as they are all quite expensive so it may be a while before i report back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2005 3:13:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product!! It's a true black that stays put all day without smudging or disappearing under my eyes! I find it's easier to apply with a push brush rather than other brushes like BB's Ultra Fine eyeliner brush or Stila's #4, but those brushes would be great if you want a thicker line. I'm definitely going to get more colors!