September 16, 2014 | 1841 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by hell0kiwi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

what an awesome mask! so cheap and easy to use.
i have developed a mess free version too!

3 tbsp ACV, 3 tbsp mask.
mix with a plastic spoon and then use the spoon's rounded side like a spatula to spread a thick layer allover face.
wait to dry completely, about half an hour, then lean over a garbage can and make a bunch of funny faces to crack the dried clay and it will fall off your face in large chunks, right into the garbage can! The tiny amount leftover can easily be washed away with warm water and a washcloth.

leaves my skin soft and smooth and feeling very tight. makes any blackheads or whiteheads very easy to extract afterward. excellent mask for an excellent price!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can only add to the positive reviews of this mask, it really is incredible. I've been using it with ACV for my acne, and it works wonderfully. My face is very red after I rinse the mask off, but by morning everything's calmed down and my skin is so smooth.
There are other reviews with recipes, but I will say that less is definitely more with this stuff. My first time I made way too much (1 tbsp each of clay and ACV) and it was a pain to get off after it dried. I used about half that and it was still too much! The package says that you can get 10-15 facials from the 1 lb. tub, but I think if you use it judiciously you can get many more than that. You don't need a thick layer for it to work, and it's easier to get off if it's thinner. I added a smidge of honey last time and it was easier to get off, too.
I'd buy this again for sure, it's the only clay mask I use anymore. It really gets the job done and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by ldyshallott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product at whole foods, in thecskincare section, it was $7.00 for 1lb. its a powdered clay, and the directions reccomend mixing equal parts clay with equal parts apple cider vinegar. you can use water too though. I tried the apple cider vinegar mixture and applied it on my face in a pretty thick later, (the package suggests a 1/4 to 1/2 in. thick layer). it felt cool going on but after about 10 minutes it began to itch like crazy, then a few minutes later i could feel the pulsating action they described, (probably all the blood rushing to my skin, lol), it was about 80% of the way dry and i decided to go ahead and rinse it off. man! this stuff is a mission to get off! i might as well used a hammer & chisel to remove it!!! I got it off by holding a washcloth under lukewarm water and just holding it over my face, again & again until the mask is off. here is a tip though: dont use a towel & washcloth you care about. use a crappy one. this product needs to come with some sort of a wooden scoop. it says not to use metal on the package. my skin was left red, but everything does that to me, i slicked on a pretty thick layer of moisturizer and woke up the next morning to very smooth clear soft skin! defanately worth the purchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by debhew

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Excellent mask - the best I've ever used!! It clears my breakouts with in day or 2. I use with Apple Cider Vinegar and you really feel the pulsating on your skin when its drying. It really works and its so inexpensive - my HG!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by barblekay

This product does nothing good for me except breaking me out on my forehead. I've had so so many red bumps and wondered why this is because i have not changed any makeup or skincare routine. The only one I've been using the this mask. It does not break the skin on my face out, though. Just my forehead. It kinda makes my pores smaller, that's all for the face.
I would not repurchase this again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I was given a sample of this a little while ago. It was truly a great mask, rejuvenated my face. You can really feel it working, I literally felt it throbbing! I will definitely be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, dirt cheap, highly effective and easily adaptable to all skin types. I mainly use this on my chin and nose where I am oily and get blackheads/Whiteheads. I do an allover mask once a week. I mix 2 Tablespoons of clay, 2 tablespoons of Braggs ACV and 1 tablespoon of water and mix with non-metal utensils (Metal will make it less affective). Bentonite clay has been used for centuries to remove Toxins and impurities from the body. You can also ingest it for stomach/Digestive issues and for internal healing. It's not only great for clogged pores, acne, blackheads but also great for spider bites, poison ivy, chicken pox (Use in a bath), snake bites, wounds and I have even seen it used on psoriasis patients. It's awesome stuff from nature.

I started using Bentonite clay internally for ulcers and it healed them within a matter of a week. I don't take this brand internally, I buy clay from Mountain Rose herbs that comes from Wyoming. But I do use the Aztec for my face. For those gals with acne, hormonal or otherwisde, this mask if used correctly can heal your face, draw out oil and clogged pores, smooth out the texture of your skin. I do suggest that those with very sensitive skin be careful. the pulling action of Bentonite can almost hurt. you will be red afterward for about an hour.

For Sensitive Skin- 2 Tbsp clay, 1 tbsp of Glycerin, 1 or 2 tbsp of distilled water. Glycerin is very soothing to red, irrited or rosacea prone faces.

For normal skin- I would use the Clay with just the ACV. You can add essential oils but many times these oils add to irritation. If you want to add a bit of moisture to this I suggest a little bit of olive oil or sweet almond oil.

For acne- Clay and Acv are wonderful for acne. I do suggest if you have irritated acne to be carefull with the ACV. ACV can burn the skin in areas that have clusters of acne. So do a test patch area. I suggest adding Manuka honey to the mask or tea tree oil. Manuka honey is 100 times more antibacterial than tea tree and less irritating. It will also moisturize a bit and smooth out red marks.Calendula is also great if you have inflamed acne. It will calm it down and reduce redness.

And the secret to removing this stuff, is to apply it in a light layer to begin with, it does not have to be thick to work. Just even coverage. Wait until after it pulsates a bit and dries and then jump in the shower. Let the hot water wash over your face, it will moisten and loosen the clay for much easier removal. Wash with a gentle cleanser, I then tone with Colloidial copper spray or witch hazel and then moisturize. My skin is as soft as a baby's.

25 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 5:01:00 AM More reviews by schylerq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is simply the most effective mask I have ever used, it works so well for my acne-prone skin, HG!!! it really just pulsates and it feels like it's sucking all the bad stuff out underneath the skin. Definitely recommend it for people with acne. I will certainly repurchase even though there is so much product and it will last me a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best mask ever. Why? Because you can make it into any type of mask you want depending on your mood or need. You can simply add tap water, which is great for people who have sensitive skin or just don't like chemical fragrances that are in most commercial masks. I like to mix the bentonite powder with green tea or apple cider vinegar or turmeric, sometimes I add honey or jojoba or even aspirin.

UPDATE 9/24/11: Still using this several times a month. My favorite mix is this, some melted raw organic honey, some green tea and some turmeric. It's great. I've started experimenting with other clays too, like French Green Clay and some others, but I still love this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

A very good cleansing mask. I thought that it wouldnt pulsate, and people were exaggerating in their reviews - but it does! I didnt measure anything - just mixed half vineagar and a bit of water until it had a creamy consistency. The first time I applied, I used lots of it, and it dried very hard and was difficult to remove. The second time, I did a thinner application, it worked just as well, and rinsed off much easier.

I have been a faithful user of Queen Helene Mint Julep and Mud Mask - this will be added to the aresenal too. For those wanting to step up the suckling action, this is your pick. I also like that it will last forever - and you can customize your formulations to add more moisture/cleansing action with different ingredients.