September 2, 2014 | 1981 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by ldyshallott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product at whole foods, in thecskincare section, it was $7.00 for 1lb. its a powdered clay, and the directions reccomend mixing equal parts clay with equal parts apple cider vinegar. you can use water too though. I tried the apple cider vinegar mixture and applied it on my face in a pretty thick later, (the package suggests a 1/4 to 1/2 in. thick layer). it felt cool going on but after about 10 minutes it began to itch like crazy, then a few minutes later i could feel the pulsating action they described, (probably all the blood rushing to my skin, lol), it was about 80% of the way dry and i decided to go ahead and rinse it off. man! this stuff is a mission to get off! i might as well used a hammer & chisel to remove it!!! I got it off by holding a washcloth under lukewarm water and just holding it over my face, again & again until the mask is off. here is a tip though: dont use a towel & washcloth you care about. use a crappy one. this product needs to come with some sort of a wooden scoop. it says not to use metal on the package. my skin was left red, but everything does that to me, i slicked on a pretty thick layer of moisturizer and woke up the next morning to very smooth clear soft skin! defanately worth the purchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by debhew

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Excellent mask - the best I've ever used!! It clears my breakouts with in day or 2. I use with Apple Cider Vinegar and you really feel the pulsating on your skin when its drying. It really works and its so inexpensive - my HG!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by barblekay

This product does nothing good for me except breaking me out on my forehead. I've had so so many red bumps and wondered why this is because i have not changed any makeup or skincare routine. The only one I've been using the this mask. It does not break the skin on my face out, though. Just my forehead. It kinda makes my pores smaller, that's all for the face.
I would not repurchase this again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I was given a sample of this a little while ago. It was truly a great mask, rejuvenated my face. You can really feel it working, I literally felt it throbbing! I will definitely be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, dirt cheap, highly effective and easily adaptable to all skin types. I mainly use this on my chin and nose where I am oily and get blackheads/Whiteheads. I do an allover mask once a week. I mix 2 Tablespoons of clay, 2 tablespoons of Braggs ACV and 1 tablespoon of water and mix with non-metal utensils (Metal will make it less affective). Bentonite clay has been used for centuries to remove Toxins and impurities from the body. You can also ingest it for stomach/Digestive issues and for internal healing. It's not only great for clogged pores, acne, blackheads but also great for spider bites, poison ivy, chicken pox (Use in a bath), snake bites, wounds and I have even seen it used on psoriasis patients. It's awesome stuff from nature.

I started using Bentonite clay internally for ulcers and it healed them within a matter of a week. I don't take this brand internally, I buy clay from Mountain Rose herbs that comes from Wyoming. But I do use the Aztec for my face. For those gals with acne, hormonal or otherwisde, this mask if used correctly can heal your face, draw out oil and clogged pores, smooth out the texture of your skin. I do suggest that those with very sensitive skin be careful. the pulling action of Bentonite can almost hurt. you will be red afterward for about an hour.

For Sensitive Skin- 2 Tbsp clay, 1 tbsp of Glycerin, 1 or 2 tbsp of distilled water. Glycerin is very soothing to red, irrited or rosacea prone faces.

For normal skin- I would use the Clay with just the ACV. You can add essential oils but many times these oils add to irritation. If you want to add a bit of moisture to this I suggest a little bit of olive oil or sweet almond oil.

For acne- Clay and Acv are wonderful for acne. I do suggest if you have irritated acne to be carefull with the ACV. ACV can burn the skin in areas that have clusters of acne. So do a test patch area. I suggest adding Manuka honey to the mask or tea tree oil. Manuka honey is 100 times more antibacterial than tea tree and less irritating. It will also moisturize a bit and smooth out red marks.Calendula is also great if you have inflamed acne. It will calm it down and reduce redness.

And the secret to removing this stuff, is to apply it in a light layer to begin with, it does not have to be thick to work. Just even coverage. Wait until after it pulsates a bit and dries and then jump in the shower. Let the hot water wash over your face, it will moisten and loosen the clay for much easier removal. Wash with a gentle cleanser, I then tone with Colloidial copper spray or witch hazel and then moisturize. My skin is as soft as a baby's.

25 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 5:01:00 AM More reviews by schylerq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is simply the most effective mask I have ever used, it works so well for my acne-prone skin, HG!!! it really just pulsates and it feels like it's sucking all the bad stuff out underneath the skin. Definitely recommend it for people with acne. I will certainly repurchase even though there is so much product and it will last me a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best mask ever. Why? Because you can make it into any type of mask you want depending on your mood or need. You can simply add tap water, which is great for people who have sensitive skin or just don't like chemical fragrances that are in most commercial masks. I like to mix the bentonite powder with green tea or apple cider vinegar or turmeric, sometimes I add honey or jojoba or even aspirin.

UPDATE 9/24/11: Still using this several times a month. My favorite mix is this, some melted raw organic honey, some green tea and some turmeric. It's great. I've started experimenting with other clays too, like French Green Clay and some others, but I still love this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

A very good cleansing mask. I thought that it wouldnt pulsate, and people were exaggerating in their reviews - but it does! I didnt measure anything - just mixed half vineagar and a bit of water until it had a creamy consistency. The first time I applied, I used lots of it, and it dried very hard and was difficult to remove. The second time, I did a thinner application, it worked just as well, and rinsed off much easier.

I have been a faithful user of Queen Helene Mint Julep and Mud Mask - this will be added to the aresenal too. For those wanting to step up the suckling action, this is your pick. I also like that it will last forever - and you can customize your formulations to add more moisture/cleansing action with different ingredients.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2010 9:15:00 AM More reviews by chatterboxlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A little goes a long way with this product! One tablespoon is actually too much for the whole face so I keep it at half a tablespoon and then mix it with milk. I haven't tried mixing it with ACV yet but milk does a good job making my skin moisturized. It also makes my skin clearer. My only problem is that when the mask starts to dry up, it becomes itchy unlike other masks. Sometimes it gets too itchy, I wash it off before the rest of the mask dries up.

Edit: I am not sure if this one caused my recent breakouts. It's the only 'new' product I used on my face but once my face clears up, I might give it another try- just to make sure.

Edit: Gave this one more try and yes, INSTANT BREAKOUTS! Yikes! I'm switching back to Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. It calmed my skin quickly after the breakouts from Aztec Indian Healing clay. I'm sad hat this highly-rated product didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love holistic products, esp the ones that work. This is fantastic!!! I mix it with Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar (another fantastic product). ACV makes it easier to mix and to apply. I also believe I got better results with ACV vs plain water. Mixing and applying with plain water was much more difficult. After I wash it off, my skin is a little pink but goes away quickly leaving smooth/clear skin. It totally helps with clearing clogged pores/blackheads/blemishs and leaves the very skin soft. Make sure to follow the instructions...I mix in a small glass bowl using a plastic spoon or fork. I believe this to be the BEST facial mask out there and you certainly can't beat the price. I also love evanhealy masks. Though I believe her clay masks are excellent and reasonably priced, you get more bang for you buck with Aztec Indian Healing Clay.