October 22, 2014 | 2068 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by atbmeg

This feels so good on my skin. It is like no other mask that I have ever tried. The sucking feeling feels so good on your face (at least to me) and when you wash it off your face is even red. Try it if you see it . I bought mine at Vitamin Shoppe for 7.99 which is a deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Whenever my skin breaksout really bad I use this as a mask mixed with enough apple cider vinegar to make it into a paste. I leave it on for a few minutes and even though it doesn't get rid of my deep pimples, it does calm the rest of the surrounding skin around them. It gets rid of excess oil and shrinks pores. I have very sensitive skin and using this once in a while doesn't irritate my skin at all, but I'm sure if I used it more frequently it'd irritate it.

It's so inexpensive, you really can't lose trying it out. I would highly recommend using this mixed with apple cider vinegar.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

This stuff isn't bad.
Aztec Indian Healing Clay doesn't do a lot to foster a healthy pH for your face, it's quite alkaline, which skin doesn't like. An alkaline environment on the skin has been proven to accelerate aging, so I don't use this on a daily bais.
However, I do use it because it works like a dream to clean out the pores. It gets really tight on your face- REALLY tight. I like that. It clears out my blackheads. I use it when I have to and it does that job well.
It brings a brief redness to my face after use; I can really feel this clay mask increasing the circulation to the capillaries in the skin, which is good news.
Stinks to high heaven if you add apple cider vinegar to it, which I always do. I also add a couple drops of tea tree oil for additional benefits.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by dandamilmar

A little goes along way, you only need one tablespoon for your whole face! Good product! Works like magic

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by yankee77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with this mask. It can do amazing things, but it can also wreak havoc on your face. I use it mostly as a spot treatment when I have a stubborn zit that won't come to the surface. If I use it as a mask, I notice that it makes me have some breakouts. I would suggest that people take it very slowly with this mask! It is a good value at around $8.00 for a container that will last you the rest of your life. I had a blackhead for months that I would not go away, saw a dermatologist and used prescription medication for and nothing would work. I used this as a spot treatment twice and it finally came to the surface. I was thrilled...Wish I had known about it before I spent 20 bucks on a co-pay and 40 bucks for some Finacea from the Dermatologist. I prefer to use my Proactiv mask for usual mask maintenance but every now and then, this could be a life saver. Tread softly with this one, ladies! PS. I hate how everyone always raves about a product the first time they use it...give it some time to see if it's really all that, people. Just sayin'.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by lepeakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG face mask. I have used others that are quite nice....but they don't even compare. I mostly use it with water, but when possible I use it with organic apple cider as the directions state. I love the way it makes my face pulsate and I can literally see my pores shinking. The price is awesome....I have been on the same jar for about 4-5 years. You can get it at natural health food stores. Btw, I have flawless skin.....in large part due to this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by luckystar926

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing mask! Mixed with ACV as directed and left on for 20 minutes. Very difficult to remove. Left my very oily / acne prone / bumpy skin very smooth and virtually poreless. It did help tiny blackheads come to the surface which were easier to extract right after taking the mask off. Definitely follow with a good moisturizer, as it will leave the skin dry. Will definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by prettylights

I have used this mask 3 times now and hardly made a dent in the huge jar - what a great value! The first time I used it I put a ton on and it took forever to try, but now I have a good formula down. I have been battling whiteheads for as long as I can remember, I've tried everything from acne treatments to natural products to gels and serums and toners and extracting and they always come back. I'm 26 years old and enough is enough - I just want clear skin! After the first time it seemed to make me break out but I just think that was all the 'bad stuff' coming up to the surface and finally getting out of my pores. It did leave some red spots that got kind of dry and flakey, but I think that was my skin finally healing itself of whatever has been causing my whiteheads for so long. I have to say I am very impressed with this product. I am using it once a week now for 3 weeks and all of a sudden, my whiteheads are GONE! My skin looks healthy and glowing, and I can rub my hand on my face and it feels smooth - no little bumps! It does dry me out a bit so I make sure to slather on a good moisturizer after I use it. Once I get over the red marks that the initial purging left, I think I'm going to be feeling good about my skin for the first time in a loooong time! I just hate getting it off - they best way I've found is to stand over the garbage can and rub/peel what I can off, then use a cloth with warm water to get the rest off. Well worth it for the results though!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by emwem

Ok, so this mask in a word: amazing!
I came across reviews here when I was randomly looking for a 'wonder product' for my acne-prone skin and after reading all the positive feedback I decided to try it out. Unfortunately I couldn't find it here in Melbourne, so I ordered it online, so it cost me more than other people claim to have paid who were able to purchase it at their local health food store (jealous).
I waited with eager anticipation until night as I knew from the reviews that it would make my face v red and didn't want to scare my housemates. I mixed it with two tsp's of ACV and two tsp's of clay and gave it a quick mix (that's really all you need to do, v v simple). Then I smoothed it over my face with my fingers and sat down to relax. Or not. After about 10 mins my face started to feel v tight and like it was actually moving and yes, as the packaging says; like it was pulsating! This is actually a good thing as it seems to suck all the makeup and oil and potential pimples out when it is washed off. I left it on until it was dry, which was about 45 mins and then tried to to scrub it off with a soft towel. Do. not. do. this. When the mask is dry, just hop in the shower and hold your face under the stream of water for a minute or so and then rinse it off as you would a cleanser.
When I got out of the shower my face was BRIGHT red, this lasts for an hour or so, which is why I do it before bed. I woke up the next morning and voila- my skin was soft and much less oily than usual and any pimples I had seemed to have dried up considerably. I now use this mask about 1-2 times per week and have been doing this for the last few months. It really makes a difference to your complexion and esp. around that time of the month...I heart Aztec Clay and plan to get it imported when it comes to an end, which will not be anytime soon the way I use it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by maggiecuda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh wow. This is the first mask I've bought that I actually feel like DOES SOMETHING, besides just feeling good. Truth be told, this one is a little uncomfortable, especially if you leave it on longer.

Me: dry, hormonally-acne-prone skin.

The mask: ruthless.

Are people really mixing this with water? Really? I use it as directed, with ACV (Bragg's), and whip it. I do NOT understand why the directions indicate applying it 1/4"-1/2" thick. I tried that the first time and it fell off in pieces.

So, you may or may not feel the pulsating, but hopefully you will feel the tightening. Woo. Sucks your face right in. The "black-hole" comments crack me up. I recommend applying after a good 10 minute facial steam. Open up those pores and make the clay WORK.

This stuff is messy though! Boo! I am afraid of it clogging the drain! I just don't tell my roommates, and try to get as much of it off before hitting the shower. I dab my face with a warm washcloth, filling a basin with water, and try to get the majority of it off there so I can dump it outside and not deal with the possible clogged drain.

Inexpensive, and natural. Bentonite is really great.

If you're looking for another mask containing bentonite, try Concha Nacar's Bleaching Cream #3. It's not a bleach and it's not a cream; lost in translation, it's a refining mask. Gentle, but does contain bentonite as well.

Enjoy!