October 22, 2014 | 1978 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by kimko

I am typing this while Ruby Pumps is drying on my hands, haha. This color is gorgeous and I've never see anything like it. When I put the first coat on, it looked like a dark pinkish color with sparkles and then when I put the 2nd coat on, it looked more like the dark red in bottle. Nonetheless, I am not putting on a third coat, because I am satisfied with the color. Everytime I move my hand, my nails just shine and glitter. This is truly another favorite from China Glaze and could be worn anytime.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by lolipopi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm in love. Christmas fav! Beautiful color - love the glitter. Great price. What's not to love!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm one of very few people who don't like Ruby Pumps, but just to give you the alternative opinion here's why. The color is a little too bright red for me, and all the glitter makes it lumpy and hard to apply evenly. It's a three coater and even then you need a coat of shiny top coat to even it out. And for some reason the glitter in this just seems too metallic-y for my tastes...hard to explain! Anyway I much prefer Revlon Firecracker for a glittery red.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by sv

I love, love, love, the color of this jelly bright red glitter polish. The store I purchased it charged $6.50 and I had a coupon, so I decided to try. I did 2 coats and it was still dentable after an hour and a half. Very disappointed in the dry time. I am an OPI fan and this is my first China Glaze...I may try the brand again, but I am not so sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 11:10:00 AM More reviews by PrettyL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A lovely, true red with fun, sparkly glitter that glistens beautifully in the sun, but is not so chunky that it looks cheap. A fun, yet sophisticated glitter! I wore a layer of clear polish underneath 2 coats of this, left it on for 5 days and it didn't stain my nails. (It does stain my toes a light yellow, though, if I leave it on for weeks, but that's normal for dark polishes left on for a long time.) Smooth application, wears well. Definitely recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 2:19:00 AM More reviews by cheekypig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

** Click for pics ** >>
Woww!! This is just the most amazingly beautiful nail polish!! It's rich, deep and fabulously glowy. The colour is bright, yet it's a deeper toned, jewel red which makes it really wearable and sophisticated. The glitter in this is amazing; not at all tacky, instead beautifully glowy! It has so much depth and dimension; I just can't stop staring at my nails, with it's rich, deep, glowing goodness. Three coats give perfect coverage and the best colour. One coat is a little sheer, with a magenta tone. Two is brighter and deeper and three provides a gorgeous jewel red with perfect coverage. Application is flawless; absolutely no streaking or bubbling. I barely ever wear red nail polish, yet this is the only red I'll wear and adore. I just can't describe how utterly beautiful this is; so glowy, rich and classy; amazing!

continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by glindetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my favorites. Add me to the list of devotees. It's gorgeous and glitter-packed. The pic in the review box is too orange. I find that it's a bright cherry red with one coat. Ruby with two coats. Scarlet gorgeousness with three coats. I bought this to replace Revlon Firecracker which is pretty much the same thing. I love both. Very festive. It's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ruby Pumps is my favorite glittery red. I constantly find myself staring at my nails whenever I wear this color. It's not expensive at all if you have a Sally's card and the China Glaze is on sale. I've picked up a ton of CG nail polishes for $2.59 each, and sometimes they were Buy Two get 1 free. I usually apply my favorite base coat, 2 to 3 coats of Ruby Pumps, and then my shiny top coat. This is a fabulous color because the glitter is very small and not chunky. My nails look elegant and festive, not like I'm wearing nail polish for a 5 year old.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2008 4:42:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ruby Pumps is jellyish sheer red base with tons of red micro glitter that is totally gorgeous and eye catching! I'm not a huge fan of red but this si a must have for anyone who likes polish. The application and wear are a dream! And these festive glittery red dries smoth and compliments my pale cool skin. I always reach for this one at Christmas time. Oh and btw, Ulta Bombshell does not hold a candle to it in the dupe department...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by evarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

GORGEOUS!!! I just got this today and it looks beautiful on. PERFECT for the holidays- yay Christmas nails :) I did 2 coats of this then a top coat and it looks soooo pretty. I can't stop looking at my nails! Ruby Pumps is the first glittery nail polish that doesn't look like it's made for a 5 year old. Very classy and the glitter is not obnoxious at all, because the glitter is very fine. I'm pale with pink undertones and this red polish has nice blue undertones so it pairs very well. This is a perfect color for winter/holidays, but I'll definitely wear it all year round. LOVE THIS!!! If you buy it you will not be sorry :)