April 19, 2014 | 1689 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 11:10:00 AM More reviews by PrettyL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A lovely, true red with fun, sparkly glitter that glistens beautifully in the sun, but is not so chunky that it looks cheap. A fun, yet sophisticated glitter! I wore a layer of clear polish underneath 2 coats of this, left it on for 5 days and it didn't stain my nails. (It does stain my toes a light yellow, though, if I leave it on for weeks, but that's normal for dark polishes left on for a long time.) Smooth application, wears well. Definitely recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 2:19:00 AM More reviews by cheekypig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

** Click for pics ** >>
Woww!! This is just the most amazingly beautiful nail polish!! It's rich, deep and fabulously glowy. The colour is bright, yet it's a deeper toned, jewel red which makes it really wearable and sophisticated. The glitter in this is amazing; not at all tacky, instead beautifully glowy! It has so much depth and dimension; I just can't stop staring at my nails, with it's rich, deep, glowing goodness. Three coats give perfect coverage and the best colour. One coat is a little sheer, with a magenta tone. Two is brighter and deeper and three provides a gorgeous jewel red with perfect coverage. Application is flawless; absolutely no streaking or bubbling. I barely ever wear red nail polish, yet this is the only red I'll wear and adore. I just can't describe how utterly beautiful this is; so glowy, rich and classy; amazing!

continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by glindetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my favorites. Add me to the list of devotees. It's gorgeous and glitter-packed. The pic in the review box is too orange. I find that it's a bright cherry red with one coat. Ruby with two coats. Scarlet gorgeousness with three coats. I bought this to replace Revlon Firecracker which is pretty much the same thing. I love both. Very festive. It's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ruby Pumps is my favorite glittery red. I constantly find myself staring at my nails whenever I wear this color. It's not expensive at all if you have a Sally's card and the China Glaze is on sale. I've picked up a ton of CG nail polishes for $2.59 each, and sometimes they were Buy Two get 1 free. I usually apply my favorite base coat, 2 to 3 coats of Ruby Pumps, and then my shiny top coat. This is a fabulous color because the glitter is very small and not chunky. My nails look elegant and festive, not like I'm wearing nail polish for a 5 year old.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2008 4:42:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ruby Pumps is jellyish sheer red base with tons of red micro glitter that is totally gorgeous and eye catching! I'm not a huge fan of red but this si a must have for anyone who likes polish. The application and wear are a dream! And these festive glittery red dries smoth and compliments my pale cool skin. I always reach for this one at Christmas time. Oh and btw, Ulta Bombshell does not hold a candle to it in the dupe department...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by evarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

GORGEOUS!!! I just got this today and it looks beautiful on. PERFECT for the holidays- yay Christmas nails :) I did 2 coats of this then a top coat and it looks soooo pretty. I can't stop looking at my nails! Ruby Pumps is the first glittery nail polish that doesn't look like it's made for a 5 year old. Very classy and the glitter is not obnoxious at all, because the glitter is very fine. I'm pale with pink undertones and this red polish has nice blue undertones so it pairs very well. This is a perfect color for winter/holidays, but I'll definitely wear it all year round. LOVE THIS!!! If you buy it you will not be sorry :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Ajziz

Love it! Absolutly Love it! I love red nail polishes in general, but this one is my HG. So sparkly and pretty. Georgous red colour!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 11:25:00 AM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had seen the Ruby Pumps raves on the nail board from some time so I finally decided to try this out. First I must state that I am not generally a fan of red nail polish but I love this color. It is perfect for my NW20 skin tone. It has a lot of blue and pink undertones and not the orange yellow undertones so it works really well with my strong pink undertones. The glitter in the polish is so beautiful and just makes it unique and pretty. The bottle I have is the old formula and it applied like a dream - no streaking or running. The consistency was nice and two coats gave great coverage. This runs about $2.68 online and $3.25 @ Sally Beauty Supply w/a Beauty Card - dirt cheap for such a beautiful and high quality polish. I will definitely repurchase and might even buy a back up in case they decided to discontinue this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Megan0326

I love this. Love it. I don't think I've ever loved a polish this much. It's the perfect glittery red for me. I only do colors like this on my toes, but every time I see them now, I smile at how glitterlicious they are.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous, gorgeous bright red with red glitter. It looks just like Dorothy's ruby slippers! Three coats plus a topcoat, and my fingernails look like they've been lacquered with beautiful red glitter. I'm getting Lubu Heels next - the red glitter is just too fabulous!