November 26, 2014 | 1922 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

After my quest for A Ruby for Rudolph by OPI turned up 0 (waited too long = stores out), after reading the reviews for CG, found it at Ulta and purchased. Holy hannah - LOVE this polish. I am sooooo skeptical of non-OPI polishes becuz even w/ my HG base and top coat (Orly Bonder + Orly In a Snap) non-OPI polish doesn't seem to last more than 2 days on me = totally unacceptable!

This stuff - I'm on day 6 and still going strong! It is exactly like Dorothy's ruby slippers (something I have longed for since I was a little girl.) The red is a beautiful, deep, rich red (cool toned- no orangy tones here) w/ just the right amount of gold glitter. It did take a full 2 coats to get the deep rich red, but I always do 2 coats of polish, so that didn't bother me. I can't stop staring at my nails!! I don't care X-mas is over = I will keep wearing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by kimko

I am typing this while Ruby Pumps is drying on my hands, haha. This color is gorgeous and I've never see anything like it. When I put the first coat on, it looked like a dark pinkish color with sparkles and then when I put the 2nd coat on, it looked more like the dark red in bottle. Nonetheless, I am not putting on a third coat, because I am satisfied with the color. Everytime I move my hand, my nails just shine and glitter. This is truly another favorite from China Glaze and could be worn anytime.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by lolipopi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm in love. Christmas fav! Beautiful color - love the glitter. Great price. What's not to love!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm one of very few people who don't like Ruby Pumps, but just to give you the alternative opinion here's why. The color is a little too bright red for me, and all the glitter makes it lumpy and hard to apply evenly. It's a three coater and even then you need a coat of shiny top coat to even it out. And for some reason the glitter in this just seems too metallic-y for my tastes...hard to explain! Anyway I much prefer Revlon Firecracker for a glittery red.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by sv

I love, love, love, the color of this jelly bright red glitter polish. The store I purchased it charged $6.50 and I had a coupon, so I decided to try. I did 2 coats and it was still dentable after an hour and a half. Very disappointed in the dry time. I am an OPI fan and this is my first China Glaze...I may try the brand again, but I am not so sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 11:10:00 AM More reviews by PrettyL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A lovely, true red with fun, sparkly glitter that glistens beautifully in the sun, but is not so chunky that it looks cheap. A fun, yet sophisticated glitter! I wore a layer of clear polish underneath 2 coats of this, left it on for 5 days and it didn't stain my nails. (It does stain my toes a light yellow, though, if I leave it on for weeks, but that's normal for dark polishes left on for a long time.) Smooth application, wears well. Definitely recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 2:19:00 AM More reviews by cheekypig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

** Click for pics ** >>
Woww!! This is just the most amazingly beautiful nail polish!! It's rich, deep and fabulously glowy. The colour is bright, yet it's a deeper toned, jewel red which makes it really wearable and sophisticated. The glitter in this is amazing; not at all tacky, instead beautifully glowy! It has so much depth and dimension; I just can't stop staring at my nails, with it's rich, deep, glowing goodness. Three coats give perfect coverage and the best colour. One coat is a little sheer, with a magenta tone. Two is brighter and deeper and three provides a gorgeous jewel red with perfect coverage. Application is flawless; absolutely no streaking or bubbling. I barely ever wear red nail polish, yet this is the only red I'll wear and adore. I just can't describe how utterly beautiful this is; so glowy, rich and classy; amazing!

continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by glindetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my favorites. Add me to the list of devotees. It's gorgeous and glitter-packed. The pic in the review box is too orange. I find that it's a bright cherry red with one coat. Ruby with two coats. Scarlet gorgeousness with three coats. I bought this to replace Revlon Firecracker which is pretty much the same thing. I love both. Very festive. It's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ruby Pumps is my favorite glittery red. I constantly find myself staring at my nails whenever I wear this color. It's not expensive at all if you have a Sally's card and the China Glaze is on sale. I've picked up a ton of CG nail polishes for $2.59 each, and sometimes they were Buy Two get 1 free. I usually apply my favorite base coat, 2 to 3 coats of Ruby Pumps, and then my shiny top coat. This is a fabulous color because the glitter is very small and not chunky. My nails look elegant and festive, not like I'm wearing nail polish for a 5 year old.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2008 4:42:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ruby Pumps is jellyish sheer red base with tons of red micro glitter that is totally gorgeous and eye catching! I'm not a huge fan of red but this si a must have for anyone who likes polish. The application and wear are a dream! And these festive glittery red dries smoth and compliments my pale cool skin. I always reach for this one at Christmas time. Oh and btw, Ulta Bombshell does not hold a candle to it in the dupe department...