October 21, 2014 | 1235 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2002 8:46:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

Sheer luxury! This is by far one of my fave foundations. The texture is smooth and creamy, yet is suitable for my combination skin. It's light, doesn't feel cakey or mask-like, and just feels delicious on the skin. It's a great sheer foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2002 10:21:00 AM More reviews by bastet

I compared this in shade ivory (lightest cool-toned) to Px unmakeup in sheer cream (y/o 01) on the other half of my face and after wearing this combo a few times I came to this conclusion: I have sensitive combo skin and the Px worked better in controlling the oilies on my t-zone. Shade-wise, finish-wise, consistency-wise there was almost no difference between the two. FS looks maybe a tad bit dewier (maybe that's the reason why it didn't control oil that well). I had no break-outs with either, FS also has about the same coverage as Px (sheer to medium). I dislike the packaging of the FS-it comes in a jar, so it gets contaminated more easily. All in all it was quite nice a foundation but I could find no advantage over the Px- considering the price-tag, I would certainly not repurchase, I'll stick with my Px instead.

UPDATE: I now have this foundation in the new shade alabaster, which is a much better match for me. I am a MAC NC15, Stila "a" , lightest or porcelain in most foundations. Also I find that since I wrote this review my skin has become less oily and the foundation works better. Another thing that speaks for FS is the fact that my beloved Px Unmakeup was discontinued and this is the closest you can get to it. Still a little dewy, but very natural looking! The shade alabaster is lighter, more neutral and less peachy than ivory, but not as pasty and yellow as Stila ILF in "a" if that helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2002 11:24:00 PM More reviews by sassyred

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sylvia Chantecaille had worked for Estee Lauder previous to creating her own line that is sold thru Neiman Marcus.The price for this oil-free foundation is "quite" high BUT it is the best cream/liquid foundation I have tried! It blends beautifully , it "melts" into your skin as if your not wearing anything but it even outs the skintone and looks natural!It's made up of seaweed,antioxidants and lots of other "good" stuff!and has a sunscreen!This is definately the most expensive foundation I have used BUT its also the BEST cream I used and my face really looks GREAT when I use this foundation, Natural and "glowing". I recommend everyone who is looking for a GREAT natural looking (feels like your not wearing anything) foundation to try this foundation which is sold thru Neiman Marcus.Don't let the price scare you a "little" bit really does go a loooong way!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2002 8:41:00 PM More reviews by gdiv

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The texture of this light gel foundation is superior to that of any other that I have ever tried. It literally melts into my skin and leaves an absolutely natural finish. My skin, but better. Although the finish is slightly dewy and I can see that oilier skins would not find this product as compelling, I am not as oily as I used to be and for me it is just perfect. I give it my highest recommendation, except for the price, which is absurd.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2001 3:59:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

This foundation has a smooth, light cream-gel texture, and is easy to apply quickly and evenly. It is definitely best applied with a brush, and by this means you can build up layers to vary the coverage from light-medium to quite heavy. The finish is truly beautiful, glowy and moisturised-looking. It covers redness and small imperfections and pores well, and doesn't emphasise flaky patches. You will still need a concealer for pimples or pronounced shadows, though. No powder is necessary as it lasts well all day without, but you can powder for a matter finish if wished. There are no oil-absorbing ingredients in this, which make it a good choice for drier skin. However this also means that you get oil show-through on any greasy patches, so I wouldn't recomend it for oily skin. There is a good shade selecion, especially in the medium-fair range. Camomile, Vanilla and Nude are balanced pink/yellow neutrals, whereas all the other shades are yellow-based. The jar packaging is solid, practical and chic. This is expensive, but generously sized, so I reckon it is good value for money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2001 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Jenny

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PROS: when I first put it on, it evened out my skin tone and made it look luminous; CONS: about an hour later, with or without powder, my combination skin would look greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2001 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Georgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful foundation. It looks completely natural on the skin, yet provides good coverage. I think it is well worth the hefty price tag. My only problem with it is that it is not quite emollient enough for me in the winter, when my skin gets really dry. I do switch to something different in the dead of winter. But for the rest of the year, it rocks!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2001 9:39:00 PM More reviews by blyss

This item costs $100 in Canada.... i'm not joking! It's at Delineations if you're curious. Anyhow, I did try it on to find that A) no colour suited me and B) it's overhyped. Nothing spectacular for that price. I'd say that this is like an average foundation... decent sheer medium coverage with a fairly nice feel but for that price, FORGET IT! Definately take your money else where!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2001 5:59:00 PM More reviews by media_cookie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have re-purchased this 3 times. It is just perfect for my skin. I build the coverage (lots of red scars etc), and it does not cake at all. BTW I am able to get full coverage from this, so it can be done :o) It really gives a beautiful finish, but the way it wears is what I love. I have very, very oily skin, so I blot all day long, and this foundation doesn't break up the way others do. It literally looks as good at the end of 12 hours as it does when I first put it on. Also, I have very sensitive, acne prone skin and I've had no reaction to it, which for me is great! HTH someone :o)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2001 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Judamimi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never dreamed of spending this kind of money on any product like this; however, I have not experienced such a "natural" look, and still feel that I have a good foundation on. It's a lot of dough, but I'm hooked!