April 18, 2014 | 1212 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2001 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Jenny

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PROS: when I first put it on, it evened out my skin tone and made it look luminous; CONS: about an hour later, with or without powder, my combination skin would look greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2001 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Georgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful foundation. It looks completely natural on the skin, yet provides good coverage. I think it is well worth the hefty price tag. My only problem with it is that it is not quite emollient enough for me in the winter, when my skin gets really dry. I do switch to something different in the dead of winter. But for the rest of the year, it rocks!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2001 9:39:00 PM More reviews by blyss

This item costs $100 in Canada.... i'm not joking! It's at Delineations if you're curious. Anyhow, I did try it on to find that A) no colour suited me and B) it's overhyped. Nothing spectacular for that price. I'd say that this is like an average foundation... decent sheer medium coverage with a fairly nice feel but for that price, FORGET IT! Definately take your money else where!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2001 5:59:00 PM More reviews by media_cookie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have re-purchased this 3 times. It is just perfect for my skin. I build the coverage (lots of red scars etc), and it does not cake at all. BTW I am able to get full coverage from this, so it can be done :o) It really gives a beautiful finish, but the way it wears is what I love. I have very, very oily skin, so I blot all day long, and this foundation doesn't break up the way others do. It literally looks as good at the end of 12 hours as it does when I first put it on. Also, I have very sensitive, acne prone skin and I've had no reaction to it, which for me is great! HTH someone :o)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2001 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Judamimi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never dreamed of spending this kind of money on any product like this; however, I have not experienced such a "natural" look, and still feel that I have a good foundation on. It's a lot of dough, but I'm hooked!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2001 9:30:00 PM More reviews by DawnD

I just want to say that I really like this foundation! Its a lightweight, oil-free gel-based foundation that comes in a little jar. It is weightless and doesn't appear visible on the skin and covers sheerly. I would say the finish is dewy.Its long lasting and best of all, does not feel like you are wearing any foundation at all. I would say, however, that it does seem to wear off during the day on any oily areas. Its definitely a makeup that works best on dryer skins and one "good skin days."

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2001 12:25:00 AM More reviews by dame_laura

Love it! My favorite foundation ever, dewy but doesn't slip all over, feels creamy but it's oil free. I find the coverage a bit sheer, but it is quite buildable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2001 11:06:00 PM More reviews by sher

Chantecaille's Future Skin is a gel foundation that provides medium coverage and a dewy finish. This foundation looks very natural and lovely on me for the first few hours after application. After that, however, it turned my combination skin into an oil pit. The worst part is that blotting doesn't seem to help much, and by the end of the day, I look terrible when I wear this foundation. I don't think my skin has been this shiny since I was a teenager! FS is $55, but it looks like it would last a long time. I don't know how long though, because mine is going back to NM. Bottom line: Not a good foundation for oily skin, and you are taking a risk if you have combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2001 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Adessa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was at a local counter for eyebrow shaping.. and I asked her about this particular foundation.. took one look at moi, and precribed Future Skin in a shade called camomile. She gave moi a generous sample to try it out first.. which is very kind of her.. Although I must say this looks pretty creamy and thick.. but after applying the foundation it totally matches my skintone!!!.. or should I say it blended??.. well anyway.. it can last moi for almost a full day.. withoout feeling cakey and even after touch up, I dun feel moi face pilling up with makeup and powder.. *thumbs up*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2001 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My holy grail of foundations. I have very dry skin, and this feels wonderfully light. Doesn't accent my dry patches. And the shade Cream is the perfect match for me-- a tiny pinkish undetone. The texture is airy and smooth, and the finish is satiny. Not exactly matte. Really gives my skin a glow. I love it.