Chantecaille Future Skin

3.8

2014 reformulation: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Cetyl Peg, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Peg-400, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Mica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Stearic Acid, Alcohol, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Camellia Sinesis Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Natto Gum, Talc, Iron Oxides. Old formula: Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Dimethicone copolyol Dimethicone, PEG-350, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Sillyate, Glycerin, Rosmarinus Officialis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Laminari Saccharina Extract, Natto Gum, Camellia Senesis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May contain: Methicone, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxyde, Silica, Iron Oxides, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

on 9/24/2002 6:50:00 AM

For the price you pay a degree of expectation from Future Skin is reasonable. The packaging is as Victoria stated unhygienic not to mention messy, but I have a hunch that its in a jar for a reason and a damn good one "the shades available are inadequate".

I have a medium olive tone and bought this in "Shea" after trying lighter shades. A few minutes on application the foundation turned an orange shade - an unpleasant surprise. To salvage the expensive foundation I had to buy the lighter shade and mix the two jars together.

It's more high shine than it is dewy. I'll stick with Chantecaille's compact makeup.

on 9/20/2002 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

After reading so many positive reviews on this product, I finally went to NM to give it a try. The price is high but I'm willing to pay more if it does what other users say. I am a little disappointed because it makes my skin look oily. I have to use oil absorbing papers to get rid of excess oil on my face at least 4 or 5 times a day. I didn't experience this kind of problem w/ my Chanel and Dior powder foundation. Also, it is not very easy to apply sometimes. I think this product will probably work better for me in winter.

on 9/20/2002 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I resisted this line for a long time, despite the great reviews, due to the fact that it was unavailable in my area and was pretty expensive. I finally caved though when I was tiring of my endless search for a foundation that looked like my skin only better. I found it in Future Skin. This foundation provides a sheer to light coverage that feels and looks like you are wearing nothing on your skin, but gives a natural looking glow and the illusion of perfect skin. Wears well and even looks good with suncreen underneath. A little hard to come by unless your Neiman-Marcus carries it (mine did not; I dealt with a wonderful MA at Chicago's NM). Price is on the high side but this is the foundation I thought I was getting in Armani, Becca and countless others. Unfortunately those others fell short, but Chantecaille delivers.

on 8/26/2002 10:41:00 PM

I've finally got this much-raved about foundation after so many months! I was so happy when I got it as I am a real foundation fanatic and I am a sucker for foundations that have lots of raves. I tried it on today and was impressed by the gel-like texture that's extremely lightweight. It feels so light on the skin that you feel like you are not wearing anything. I think it's better to use a sponge or a foundation brush to blend as it's quite runny if you use fingers.

This has very good oil-control as it stayed matte for me throughout the afternoon. Coverage wise, this is very quite sheer so don't expect it to cover large pores and pimples. In fact, I had to layer it on twice before I got the desired coverage and it still looked really natural on me. The colour I got (Wheat) is the perfect match for my skintone (thanks goodness!) Overall, this is an excellent gel-type foundation, especially for those blessed with perfect skin. However, although it's good, I still gave it 4 lipsticks as I feel that it is too expensive. I am sure there are other equally good foundations around that don't cost as much. Splurge on this only when you are sure you are going to use it till it is finished.

on 7/15/2002 10:40:00 PM

I have this in Ivory and AMAZINGLY it matches my skin exactly!! It's really nice and creamy with SPF 20 (or is it 10? Can't remember!). Nice coverage and doesn't budge on me! Stays put and makes me look flawless! I'll buy this again...if I can manage to stop spending money on other makeup!!

on 7/12/2002 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I splurged $55 for this and it was no better than my Revlon Diffusing Tint! The color was a perfect match but I couldn't feel any difference in it being gel based. Plus it wasn't the easiest to blend. VERY disappointed for that price! Nothing has beat my Clinique Superbalanced after 3 years of sticking to it!

on 6/15/2002 10:11:00 PM

I wore Future Skin every day for 3 months straight. It's a wonderful foundation. It feels very lightweight and when applied with my Px foundation brush, I look like I have perfect skin. I does have a dewy finish, which doesn't go well with my oily skin. It had a tendency to slip off of my face during the middle of a hot day. IMHO, I think it's a little pricey for the amount that you get and they should really add more foundation shades to suit a variety of skintones.

on 5/22/2002 11:19:00 PM

I got a sample of this foundation in a swap and although I did like the texture of the foundation the color didn't seem to work well with me. It was a tad bit too dark (I got a sample in Nude). I hope that the other colors will match me though =)

on 4/11/2002 8:46:00 AM

Sheer luxury! This is by far one of my fave foundations. The texture is smooth and creamy, yet is suitable for my combination skin. It's light, doesn't feel cakey or mask-like, and just feels delicious on the skin. It's a great sheer foundation!

on 3/19/2002 10:21:00 AM

I compared this in shade ivory (lightest cool-toned) to Px unmakeup in sheer cream (y/o 01) on the other half of my face and after wearing this combo a few times I came to this conclusion: I have sensitive combo skin and the Px worked better in controlling the oilies on my t-zone. Shade-wise, finish-wise, consistency-wise there was almost no difference between the two. FS looks maybe a tad bit dewier (maybe that's the reason why it didn't control oil that well). I had no break-outs with either, FS also has about the same coverage as Px (sheer to medium). I dislike the packaging of the FS-it comes in a jar, so it gets contaminated more easily. All in all it was quite nice a foundation but I could find no advantage over the Px- considering the price-tag, I would certainly not repurchase, I'll stick with my Px instead.

UPDATE: I now have this foundation in the new shade alabaster, which is a much better match for me. I am a MAC NC15, Stila "a" , lightest or porcelain in most foundations. Also I find that since I wrote this review my skin has become less oily and the foundation works better. Another thing that speaks for FS is the fact that my beloved Px Unmakeup was discontinued and this is the closest you can get to it. Still a little dewy, but very natural looking! The shade alabaster is lighter, more neutral and less peachy than ivory, but not as pasty and yellow as Stila ILF in "a" if that helps!

Popular Crème Foundations