January 31, 2015 | 953 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2002 10:41:00 PM More reviews by pnlaw

I've finally got this much-raved about foundation after so many months! I was so happy when I got it as I am a real foundation fanatic and I am a sucker for foundations that have lots of raves. I tried it on today and was impressed by the gel-like texture that's extremely lightweight. It feels so light on the skin that you feel like you are not wearing anything. I think it's better to use a sponge or a foundation brush to blend as it's quite runny if you use fingers.

This has very good oil-control as it stayed matte for me throughout the afternoon. Coverage wise, this is very quite sheer so don't expect it to cover large pores and pimples. In fact, I had to layer it on twice before I got the desired coverage and it still looked really natural on me. The colour I got (Wheat) is the perfect match for my skintone (thanks goodness!) Overall, this is an excellent gel-type foundation, especially for those blessed with perfect skin. However, although it's good, I still gave it 4 lipsticks as I feel that it is too expensive. I am sure there are other equally good foundations around that don't cost as much. Splurge on this only when you are sure you are going to use it till it is finished.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2002 10:40:00 PM More reviews by curly_q_cutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in Ivory and AMAZINGLY it matches my skin exactly!! It's really nice and creamy with SPF 20 (or is it 10? Can't remember!). Nice coverage and doesn't budge on me! Stays put and makes me look flawless! I'll buy this again...if I can manage to stop spending money on other makeup!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2002 3:55:00 PM More reviews by JennBard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I splurged $55 for this and it was no better than my Revlon Diffusing Tint! The color was a perfect match but I couldn't feel any difference in it being gel based. Plus it wasn't the easiest to blend. VERY disappointed for that price! Nothing has beat my Clinique Superbalanced after 3 years of sticking to it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2002 10:11:00 PM More reviews by YolandaMC

I wore Future Skin every day for 3 months straight. It's a wonderful foundation. It feels very lightweight and when applied with my Px foundation brush, I look like I have perfect skin. I does have a dewy finish, which doesn't go well with my oily skin. It had a tendency to slip off of my face during the middle of a hot day. IMHO, I think it's a little pricey for the amount that you get and they should really add more foundation shades to suit a variety of skintones.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2002 11:19:00 PM More reviews by nakobear

I got a sample of this foundation in a swap and although I did like the texture of the foundation the color didn't seem to work well with me. It was a tad bit too dark (I got a sample in Nude). I hope that the other colors will match me though =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2002 8:46:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

Sheer luxury! This is by far one of my fave foundations. The texture is smooth and creamy, yet is suitable for my combination skin. It's light, doesn't feel cakey or mask-like, and just feels delicious on the skin. It's a great sheer foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2002 10:21:00 AM More reviews by bastet

I compared this in shade ivory (lightest cool-toned) to Px unmakeup in sheer cream (y/o 01) on the other half of my face and after wearing this combo a few times I came to this conclusion: I have sensitive combo skin and the Px worked better in controlling the oilies on my t-zone. Shade-wise, finish-wise, consistency-wise there was almost no difference between the two. FS looks maybe a tad bit dewier (maybe that's the reason why it didn't control oil that well). I had no break-outs with either, FS also has about the same coverage as Px (sheer to medium). I dislike the packaging of the FS-it comes in a jar, so it gets contaminated more easily. All in all it was quite nice a foundation but I could find no advantage over the Px- considering the price-tag, I would certainly not repurchase, I'll stick with my Px instead.

UPDATE: I now have this foundation in the new shade alabaster, which is a much better match for me. I am a MAC NC15, Stila "a" , lightest or porcelain in most foundations. Also I find that since I wrote this review my skin has become less oily and the foundation works better. Another thing that speaks for FS is the fact that my beloved Px Unmakeup was discontinued and this is the closest you can get to it. Still a little dewy, but very natural looking! The shade alabaster is lighter, more neutral and less peachy than ivory, but not as pasty and yellow as Stila ILF in "a" if that helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2002 11:24:00 PM More reviews by sassyred

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sylvia Chantecaille had worked for Estee Lauder previous to creating her own line that is sold thru Neiman Marcus.The price for this oil-free foundation is "quite" high BUT it is the best cream/liquid foundation I have tried! It blends beautifully , it "melts" into your skin as if your not wearing anything but it even outs the skintone and looks natural!It's made up of seaweed,antioxidants and lots of other "good" stuff!and has a sunscreen!This is definately the most expensive foundation I have used BUT its also the BEST cream I used and my face really looks GREAT when I use this foundation, Natural and "glowing". I recommend everyone who is looking for a GREAT natural looking (feels like your not wearing anything) foundation to try this foundation which is sold thru Neiman Marcus.Don't let the price scare you a "little" bit really does go a loooong way!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2002 8:41:00 PM More reviews by gdiv

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The texture of this light gel foundation is superior to that of any other that I have ever tried. It literally melts into my skin and leaves an absolutely natural finish. My skin, but better. Although the finish is slightly dewy and I can see that oilier skins would not find this product as compelling, I am not as oily as I used to be and for me it is just perfect. I give it my highest recommendation, except for the price, which is absurd.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2001 3:59:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

This foundation has a smooth, light cream-gel texture, and is easy to apply quickly and evenly. It is definitely best applied with a brush, and by this means you can build up layers to vary the coverage from light-medium to quite heavy. The finish is truly beautiful, glowy and moisturised-looking. It covers redness and small imperfections and pores well, and doesn't emphasise flaky patches. You will still need a concealer for pimples or pronounced shadows, though. No powder is necessary as it lasts well all day without, but you can powder for a matter finish if wished. There are no oil-absorbing ingredients in this, which make it a good choice for drier skin. However this also means that you get oil show-through on any greasy patches, so I wouldn't recomend it for oily skin. There is a good shade selecion, especially in the medium-fair range. Camomile, Vanilla and Nude are balanced pink/yellow neutrals, whereas all the other shades are yellow-based. The jar packaging is solid, practical and chic. This is expensive, but generously sized, so I reckon it is good value for money.