August 31, 2014 | 985 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2002 8:41:00 PM More reviews by gdiv

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The texture of this light gel foundation is superior to that of any other that I have ever tried. It literally melts into my skin and leaves an absolutely natural finish. My skin, but better. Although the finish is slightly dewy and I can see that oilier skins would not find this product as compelling, I am not as oily as I used to be and for me it is just perfect. I give it my highest recommendation, except for the price, which is absurd.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2001 3:59:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

This foundation has a smooth, light cream-gel texture, and is easy to apply quickly and evenly. It is definitely best applied with a brush, and by this means you can build up layers to vary the coverage from light-medium to quite heavy. The finish is truly beautiful, glowy and moisturised-looking. It covers redness and small imperfections and pores well, and doesn't emphasise flaky patches. You will still need a concealer for pimples or pronounced shadows, though. No powder is necessary as it lasts well all day without, but you can powder for a matter finish if wished. There are no oil-absorbing ingredients in this, which make it a good choice for drier skin. However this also means that you get oil show-through on any greasy patches, so I wouldn't recomend it for oily skin. There is a good shade selecion, especially in the medium-fair range. Camomile, Vanilla and Nude are balanced pink/yellow neutrals, whereas all the other shades are yellow-based. The jar packaging is solid, practical and chic. This is expensive, but generously sized, so I reckon it is good value for money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2001 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Jenny

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PROS: when I first put it on, it evened out my skin tone and made it look luminous; CONS: about an hour later, with or without powder, my combination skin would look greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2001 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Georgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful foundation. It looks completely natural on the skin, yet provides good coverage. I think it is well worth the hefty price tag. My only problem with it is that it is not quite emollient enough for me in the winter, when my skin gets really dry. I do switch to something different in the dead of winter. But for the rest of the year, it rocks!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2001 9:39:00 PM More reviews by blyss

This item costs $100 in Canada.... i'm not joking! It's at Delineations if you're curious. Anyhow, I did try it on to find that A) no colour suited me and B) it's overhyped. Nothing spectacular for that price. I'd say that this is like an average foundation... decent sheer medium coverage with a fairly nice feel but for that price, FORGET IT! Definately take your money else where!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2001 5:59:00 PM More reviews by media_cookie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have re-purchased this 3 times. It is just perfect for my skin. I build the coverage (lots of red scars etc), and it does not cake at all. BTW I am able to get full coverage from this, so it can be done :o) It really gives a beautiful finish, but the way it wears is what I love. I have very, very oily skin, so I blot all day long, and this foundation doesn't break up the way others do. It literally looks as good at the end of 12 hours as it does when I first put it on. Also, I have very sensitive, acne prone skin and I've had no reaction to it, which for me is great! HTH someone :o)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2001 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Judamimi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never dreamed of spending this kind of money on any product like this; however, I have not experienced such a "natural" look, and still feel that I have a good foundation on. It's a lot of dough, but I'm hooked!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2001 9:30:00 PM More reviews by DawnD

I just want to say that I really like this foundation! Its a lightweight, oil-free gel-based foundation that comes in a little jar. It is weightless and doesn't appear visible on the skin and covers sheerly. I would say the finish is dewy.Its long lasting and best of all, does not feel like you are wearing any foundation at all. I would say, however, that it does seem to wear off during the day on any oily areas. Its definitely a makeup that works best on dryer skins and one "good skin days."

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2001 12:25:00 AM More reviews by dame_laura

Love it! My favorite foundation ever, dewy but doesn't slip all over, feels creamy but it's oil free. I find the coverage a bit sheer, but it is quite buildable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2001 11:06:00 PM More reviews by sher

Chantecaille's Future Skin is a gel foundation that provides medium coverage and a dewy finish. This foundation looks very natural and lovely on me for the first few hours after application. After that, however, it turned my combination skin into an oil pit. The worst part is that blotting doesn't seem to help much, and by the end of the day, I look terrible when I wear this foundation. I don't think my skin has been this shiny since I was a teenager! FS is $55, but it looks like it would last a long time. I don't know how long though, because mine is going back to NM. Bottom line: Not a good foundation for oily skin, and you are taking a risk if you have combination skin.