September 17, 2014 | 2047 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2004 1:41:00 PM More reviews by vina501

Terrible!! Not a very good color selection. Powder goes on chalky and is very orange as are a lot of clinique products. You look very made up and fake after putting this on. And if you have any dry patches watch out!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2004 10:56:00 AM More reviews by icycool

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Well this didn't beeak me out but this feels very heavy on my skin, and though I bought the lightest shade, it still made my look very dark. This is cakey, heavy, aqnd does not yield a smooth finish.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2004 6:52:00 AM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is OK for now. It goes on heavier/chalkier than I'd like - I have to blot it w/tissue after I apply. I've had this problem w/other powders, too, so I don't know yet if it's inherent in powder use or I'm just using the wrong stuff. The lightest shade is a good match for my white face, though, which is no mean feat. I usually don't wear foundation, and I agree w/the reviewers who said this is more of a powdered foundation than a powder per se (or at least leans in that direction). I definitely would not want to put this on over foundation, as I'm sure it would make a cakey mess.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2004 10:43:00 PM More reviews by birdmadgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Blech. I can't believe I spent $15 for this. I'll stick with my $4 Rimmel powder, thankyouverymuch. This turns me orange (gee, sort of like the crappy Clinique foundation I also shelled out too much money on). When I get greasy, this makes oranges streaks on my face. It has a slightly unpleasant smell. And I hate the compact. It looks like someone's cheap, fake-o marble bathroom countertop.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2004 11:53:00 AM More reviews by kristenb

This, on top of my clarifying makeup and anti-acne concelear is the exact look i always wanted. If Ive got a breakout or im very oily (which i usually am!), this doesnt fail me. If clinique ever discontinued these foolproof products, I would just die. THey are all my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2004 12:11:00 AM More reviews by baBy2slOw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

this powder is just average. i dont love it but i dont hate it. i used it with the clinque superbalanced foundation and they actually work quite well together. this powder doesnt have really strong staying power because i have to powder my face occassionally. i wouldnt say that it helps you stay matte, except only right after foundation application. the color selection is mostly pinks and oranges, so the colors didnt really fit my yellow-based skin color. for those who dont have skin as oily as me (believe me, i got pretty oily skin), this could be great for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2004 5:11:00 PM More reviews by MissKitty1723

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this for touch ups when I get a little oily looking in the t-zone. It has light coverage and goes on well. Absorbes any oil I have.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2004 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

I think it's not the best powder, but it's not to bad. It does not have a great coverage and sometimes you look very powdery. It is not too expensive in comparison with other brands but you need to reapply this product many times along all day and this is not pleasant for the skin, i mean, the color that your skin gets after the many caps is not to nice...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2003 11:21:00 PM More reviews by frenchmanicure

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this because its not to dark for my incrediably pale complexion.
It takes away the redness of pimples and gives your skin an all around monotone colour with a glow.
Very smooth.
Downsides are the price and you have to keep on re-applying.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2003 3:00:00 PM More reviews by jen8

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder is okay. I use it in Stay Golden. It helps to give your face a matte appearance but you should still touch up every few hours. Applying too much can give your face a cakey look so be careful when you apply. It does not clog my pores and I will probably buy this again.