Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 7/17/2004 10:47:00 PM

This powder didn't get a ton of great reviews on here, but I must say, it's my favorite powder and I truly love it!! I've been using it for years! I do not have super oily skin. The coverage is great, makes my skin look flawless and pores really do vanish!

on 6/9/2004 10:46:00 PM

I really like this. It feels so smooth. Stay Neutral is a pretty good match for my NC30 skintone. It doesnt keep me oil-free through the whole day (nothing does), but I just blot and reapply. Have already repurchased

on 6/2/2004 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Used this during the mid-90's and never was impressed with it. I don't know what Clinique's definition of matte powder is, because I still shone like a beacon!! The powder was thick and cakey where I wanted it to blot naturally. It was definitely the name of the product that sucked me in...I have super oily skin and bought this in the hope it would stop me reflecting sunlight off my forehead. I'm older and wiser now, I use Shu Uemura's Matte Loose Powder and have the mini size for stashing in my makeup bag when travelling. It doens'nt make my face feel like chalky mask, has a light texture and controls shine a heck of a lot better. Never again!!

on 5/25/2004 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I used this powder all up, and I loved it with every application. Great powder. I liked it alot more than the foundation I bought. I Used this even after I ditched the Clinique Foundation. Way to go Clinique. Probaley there best product!

on 5/23/2004 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This powder is sheer, goes on smooth, and leaves skin feeling soft. I have this powder in Stay Golden and it is a perfect match for my medium toned Asian skin. I don't think it absorbs oil that well because I can still see some oily patches after I've applied it. However, if I use a heavy hand it ends up looking a little cakey. Also it made me break out. After I have stopped using it my skin improved a lot. I won't be repurchasing this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

A nice pressed powder, although the lightest (#01 Stay Buff) still was a bit too dark/orange. I do like the sponge applicator and the nearly indestructable compact though!

on 5/17/2004 1:41:00 PM

Terrible!! Not a very good color selection. Powder goes on chalky and is very orange as are a lot of clinique products. You look very made up and fake after putting this on. And if you have any dry patches watch out!

on 5/17/2004 10:56:00 AM

Well this didn't beeak me out but this feels very heavy on my skin, and though I bought the lightest shade, it still made my look very dark. This is cakey, heavy, aqnd does not yield a smooth finish.

on 4/30/2004 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is OK for now. It goes on heavier/chalkier than I'd like - I have to blot it w/tissue after I apply. I've had this problem w/other powders, too, so I don't know yet if it's inherent in powder use or I'm just using the wrong stuff. The lightest shade is a good match for my white face, though, which is no mean feat. I usually don't wear foundation, and I agree w/the reviewers who said this is more of a powdered foundation than a powder per se (or at least leans in that direction). I definitely would not want to put this on over foundation, as I'm sure it would make a cakey mess.

on 4/26/2004 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Blech. I can't believe I spent $15 for this. I'll stick with my $4 Rimmel powder, thankyouverymuch. This turns me orange (gee, sort of like the crappy Clinique foundation I also shelled out too much money on). When I get greasy, this makes oranges streaks on my face. It has a slightly unpleasant smell. And I hate the compact. It looks like someone's cheap, fake-o marble bathroom countertop.