Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 8/4/2004 12:28:00 PM

I don't know what these other girls were talking about, the powder turning your skin orange?!?! HUH!?! I bought 01 Stay Buff and I haven't found that problem at all. Great powder, keeps my t-zone more mattified than my previous pressed powder by Rimmel, although Clinique's is half the size.

on 7/25/2004 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This powder does wonders for my oily skin. It stays put and lasts forever. When I put it on my face just looks amazing. It's my HG and I"ll always buy it.

on 7/22/2004 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I have a ton of different foundations and powders. I keep buying and buying. I've decided to go through and give each one a test run to see if I truly like them or not. Well, this Clinique powder didn't make it for me. I have the color in Stay Buff. I'm wearing a t-zone mattifier and an oil control foundation. I put this powder on this morning. I've had to touch up a couple of times...I quit after 1:00....my skin looks orange and my foundation looks masky and seperated. I wore it with another powder the other day and it didn't do that. In the trash it goes. I'm not keeping things around I don't like anymore

on 7/20/2004 4:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Bought this three times already. Really like this powder. Sheer, no scent and keeps face matte. Nice mirror (the compact it self isn't anything special, I admit) and easy to carry around.
I have #02 stay neutral.

on 7/17/2004 10:47:00 PM

This powder didn't get a ton of great reviews on here, but I must say, it's my favorite powder and I truly love it!! I've been using it for years! I do not have super oily skin. The coverage is great, makes my skin look flawless and pores really do vanish!

on 6/9/2004 10:46:00 PM

I really like this. It feels so smooth. Stay Neutral is a pretty good match for my NC30 skintone. It doesnt keep me oil-free through the whole day (nothing does), but I just blot and reapply. Have already repurchased

on 6/2/2004 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Used this during the mid-90's and never was impressed with it. I don't know what Clinique's definition of matte powder is, because I still shone like a beacon!! The powder was thick and cakey where I wanted it to blot naturally. It was definitely the name of the product that sucked me in...I have super oily skin and bought this in the hope it would stop me reflecting sunlight off my forehead. I'm older and wiser now, I use Shu Uemura's Matte Loose Powder and have the mini size for stashing in my makeup bag when travelling. It doens'nt make my face feel like chalky mask, has a light texture and controls shine a heck of a lot better. Never again!!

on 5/25/2004 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I used this powder all up, and I loved it with every application. Great powder. I liked it alot more than the foundation I bought. I Used this even after I ditched the Clinique Foundation. Way to go Clinique. Probaley there best product!

on 5/23/2004 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This powder is sheer, goes on smooth, and leaves skin feeling soft. I have this powder in Stay Golden and it is a perfect match for my medium toned Asian skin. I don't think it absorbs oil that well because I can still see some oily patches after I've applied it. However, if I use a heavy hand it ends up looking a little cakey. Also it made me break out. After I have stopped using it my skin improved a lot. I won't be repurchasing this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

A nice pressed powder, although the lightest (#01 Stay Buff) still was a bit too dark/orange. I do like the sponge applicator and the nearly indestructable compact though!

Popular Pressed Powders