April 21, 2014 | 998 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2004 10:46:00 PM More reviews by glamourmama

I really like this. It feels so smooth. Stay Neutral is a pretty good match for my NC30 skintone. It doesnt keep me oil-free through the whole day (nothing does), but I just blot and reapply. Have already repurchased

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2004 1:52:00 AM More reviews by nikkybaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Used this during the mid-90's and never was impressed with it. I don't know what Clinique's definition of matte powder is, because I still shone like a beacon!! The powder was thick and cakey where I wanted it to blot naturally. It was definitely the name of the product that sucked me in...I have super oily skin and bought this in the hope it would stop me reflecting sunlight off my forehead. I'm older and wiser now, I use Shu Uemura's Matte Loose Powder and have the mini size for stashing in my makeup bag when travelling. It doens'nt make my face feel like chalky mask, has a light texture and controls shine a heck of a lot better. Never again!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2004 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Eveangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this powder all up, and I loved it with every application. Great powder. I liked it alot more than the foundation I bought. I Used this even after I ditched the Clinique Foundation. Way to go Clinique. Probaley there best product!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2004 10:49:00 PM More reviews by smartypants21

This powder is sheer, goes on smooth, and leaves skin feeling soft. I have this powder in Stay Golden and it is a perfect match for my medium toned Asian skin. I don't think it absorbs oil that well because I can still see some oily patches after I've applied it. However, if I use a heavy hand it ends up looking a little cakey. Also it made me break out. After I have stopped using it my skin improved a lot. I won't be repurchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2004 8:24:00 PM More reviews by two_blue_bugs

A nice pressed powder, although the lightest (#01 Stay Buff) still was a bit too dark/orange. I do like the sponge applicator and the nearly indestructable compact though!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2004 1:41:00 PM More reviews by vina501

Terrible!! Not a very good color selection. Powder goes on chalky and is very orange as are a lot of clinique products. You look very made up and fake after putting this on. And if you have any dry patches watch out!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2004 10:56:00 AM More reviews by icycool

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Well this didn't beeak me out but this feels very heavy on my skin, and though I bought the lightest shade, it still made my look very dark. This is cakey, heavy, aqnd does not yield a smooth finish.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2004 6:52:00 AM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is OK for now. It goes on heavier/chalkier than I'd like - I have to blot it w/tissue after I apply. I've had this problem w/other powders, too, so I don't know yet if it's inherent in powder use or I'm just using the wrong stuff. The lightest shade is a good match for my white face, though, which is no mean feat. I usually don't wear foundation, and I agree w/the reviewers who said this is more of a powdered foundation than a powder per se (or at least leans in that direction). I definitely would not want to put this on over foundation, as I'm sure it would make a cakey mess.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2004 10:43:00 PM More reviews by birdmadgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Blech. I can't believe I spent $15 for this. I'll stick with my $4 Rimmel powder, thankyouverymuch. This turns me orange (gee, sort of like the crappy Clinique foundation I also shelled out too much money on). When I get greasy, this makes oranges streaks on my face. It has a slightly unpleasant smell. And I hate the compact. It looks like someone's cheap, fake-o marble bathroom countertop.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2004 11:53:00 AM More reviews by kristenb

This, on top of my clarifying makeup and anti-acne concelear is the exact look i always wanted. If Ive got a breakout or im very oily (which i usually am!), this doesnt fail me. If clinique ever discontinued these foolproof products, I would just die. THey are all my HG.