Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

4.3

2014 REFORMULATION: Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 1.9%, Titanium Dioxide 8.3%; Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isododecane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Cyclomethicone, Sd Alcohol 40-B, Peg/Ppg-19/19 Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Bis-Butyldimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Peg/Ppg-14/7 Dimethyl Ether, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aluminum Distearate, Alumina, Isostearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trisodium Edta, Silica, Polysilicone-2, Alcohol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Hydrated Silica, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Bht, Syzygium Jambos Leaf Extract, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Tin Oxide, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.
PSA: Product was recently reformulated.

Product Info: Newly reformulated, this full-coverage, liquid foundation leaves a flawless, transfer-resistant, dewy and luminous finish that lasts for hours. Resistant against water and oil. PABA-free.

on 5/24/2006 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've bought sooo many different foundations ranging from Estee Lauder to MAC to Loreal. Finally I've found one that caters to Asian skin! I'm generally fair, with a little redness on my cheeks and a subtle yellow undertone. Most foundations which fall in the fair spectrum end up looking pink on me. This foundation actually blends really well with my skin and doesn't go on too heavily. The only downsides are the runny texture and not-so-cute packaging, but I'll deal! I paid about 33 bucks for mine, but a little goes a long way and it's been lasting me pretty long so far. If you've been having trouble finding a foundation with yellow undertones, go to your nearest Shiseido counter and try out this line! You won't be sorry. =)

on 5/13/2006 6:16:00 PM

This product is amazing! I am in the sun several hours a day and now that I am 42 years old, I really need to protect myself. I wear Shiseido's Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 55 on my shoulders, neck, and arms and Liquid Foundation SPF 42 on my face. The look is very natural and the protection hasn't failed me. Even after playing several hours of tennis or hiking, this product stays true and doesn't sweat off. My husband never complains about my make-up when I wear this or Shiseido's lifting foundation. If I wear Channel or some or another high end product, he picks up on it and tells me that something is wrong with my make-up. I think Shiseido's color line and finish compliments my skin tone. I also like the simple packaging of this foundation. I hate carrying around fancy bottles.

on 5/12/2006 3:53:00 PM

had a difficult time blending (seemed to become quite dry), and the color - 30, turned peach on me (pale face, yellow/olive neck undertones). i may try other colors, but the dry-down was unfavorable for me.

on 5/11/2006 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this foundation, a little went a long way and it really stayed put all day. The color was pretty close however I'm pretty sure this was the culprit of a pretty bad breakout that took awhile to recover from. It may have been that I just wasn't getting it all removed when I washed my face. They said to use a cleansing oil to remove properly but the few oils I have tried have broke me out too! Back to Nordy's it went.

on 5/10/2006 12:24:00 PM

I absolutely luv this foundation, it is definitely my HG! It has such great coverage but does not feel thick at all. I especially like the fact that it has such high SPF protection. It did not break me out at all and my skin is pretty oily and sensitive and it lasts all day and does not oxidize or change color on my skin. I lent it to my mom to try who used to use Lancome Maqui-Libre for 5 years, but she is completely in love with this product now too! The sad thing is, this may be a little harder to find now though as they are discontinuing it - why does this always happen? Everytime I find something I luv, it gets discontinued boohoo :(

I really like this product. However it is very thick if you apply it straight to your face. But the trick is that I usually mix it with a little moisturizer and about two or three drops for my whole face. I apply it straight on my nose area tho becuz it gets oily. But It lasts quite a long time! I think I still have more than half the bottle left since december! Great match for my Mac NC25-30 skin is Number Spf40

on 5/4/2006 5:47:00 PM

I purchased this after swiping a sample on my jawline, seemed okay at the time but they wouldn't give me a sample to take home and try on my whole face. I'm pretty pale (MAC NC15-20), and the SP10 is the lightest shade they have. Unfortunately when I put it over my whole face I looked like I had an orange mask on . It really is medium-full coverage, but it only comes in one range of colors (no pinker or yellower tones), and starts out fairly dark. The good parts of this product are: excellent coverage, if that's what you're after, didn't make me break out, SUPER long-wearing, smudgeproof, you need an oil cleanser to get it off, and a really good sunscreen. Soooo, if you can find a color match, and need a pretty good coverage foundation/sunscreen, this might be for you. I have oily skin, and I wouldn't recommend this for drier types, as it goes on runny and dries matte. I returned this.

on 5/3/2006 10:29:00 PM

This made me break out and I have pretty normal skin. Iím surprised no one else had this problem. Iíve never had a make up cause this many white heads in such a short time. It made me break out in literally hours. It must have something to do with the high level of sun block. I find sun blocks very clogging. I donít recommend this product. They did have some good colors. They donít go very dark so the selection is limited if your dark. Itís definitely catered toward Asian woman.

on 4/24/2006 4:35:00 PM

I loooooooooove this foundation! I am continually looking for a foundation that will hold up in summer without sliding off my face, that doesnt look caked on, and which is easy to apply. This foundation is perfect! Dont let the thin consistency fool you- it gives great coverage. It certainly covered up my old acne marks and some freckles. Because of the consistency, I didnt feel I needed a brush or a sponge to apply, so I took it to the beach frequently. I really like the high SPF, but I use this over my sunscreen and it completely gets rids of the greasy sunscreen shine and makes my face look powdery but not overdone. My only (minor minor) complaint- I have cooler skin, so I use pinkish foundations; the colors in this collection are more yellow based. (But great if you have a tan!)

on 4/20/2006 12:04:00 PM

dried out my face (i have normal skin & use moisturizer). too much coverage...looked like i was wearing a makeup mask (not natural)...bought it for the spf & reputation of the company...sorely disappointed at the price and ulimate look of the product.