July 24, 2014 | 1852 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by JasonCC

I like this. Its one of the few foundations that i've found that actually match my skin tone. It only has .5% salicylic acid, and some have said that this really isn't enough to treat acne. I have recently gone through a horrible break out that seemed to last forever! But whenever i started to use this, it cleared up a alot! It looks natural and has decent coverage, but can also be pretty drying, so I don't recommend this if you have dry skin..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by xkillerxcrushx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this might be my HG foundation. i use a wedge sponge to apply and the coverage is medium; surprisingly good for DS foundation. it keeps my oily skin under control. i still need to blot a couple time during the day but the product doesn't disappear like a lot of foundations do on oily skin. this might be drying/irritating if used everyday but i only wear makeup on the weekends so it's not a problem for me. also, it stings a little in the eye area cuz of the salicylic acid.

EDIT: wow! it's been 2 years and this is STILL my favourite foundation. I've tried many others in that time and this is still the best for me. amazing colour match (not too pink) and has never broken me out. best of all, they've updated the packaging from the old plain glass bottle to a pump! it dispenses exactly the right amount of product so I waste a lot less than I did trying to pour it out of the old bottle. Plus it's more sanitary.
Gotta love when a great product gets even better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by shamsiruhe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

better than mineral makeup.
and that's saying a LOT.
if you have whiteheads or small pimples, this stuff is great.
i do moisturize with clean and clear mixed with olay regenerist night cream
as it can be a bit drying for my combination skin

give it a try
it's cheap and odds are you'll like it

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by angelcake910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have bean using those long-stay & alot-of-coverage liquid foundations for long time (like Revlon's Colorstay, Maybelline's Super Stay Makeup) since I have rather rather oily skin, big pores and small acnes that I had to cover, but I thought I should start using more light weight liquid foundation to let my skin breath, and not looking like I have a mask on . . .

So I did a research here, and tried this product. And I'm pretty amused with the result :) It feels very light on my skin, but it has decent coverage. I would defenitly recommend this to people with oily skin or acne like me. It
s good for your skin, looks great and feels great.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by yourphatness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm using 'Naked'. Third lightest shade, a little too peachy for my skin tone.

I'm on my second bottle (5th month) of this stuff and only realized recently that the colour is wrong for me. The thing is, this foundation turns orange and blotchy by the end of the day (i realized a few days ago). I liked the coverage, it did even out my skin tone well, however i still had to use concealer for dark spots. It's true that this foundation is drying, and it has never broken me out. Whenever i wear powder over it, my face feels super tight. By the end of the day, my skin looks shiny and orange, and feels dry.

I don't know how i've gone through two and a half bottles without realizing how awful i looked. I'm switching foundations ASAP, and if anyone has any recommendations for acne-prone, dehydrated skin, please write to me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by clobbergirl

Edited 3/6/10
by mistake I picked up buff instead of ivory, which is what i used to use. Out of curiosity i put it on, I thought it would be too dark and I'd have to hang on to it until summer but it's not, just more yellow toned... yeay

this is the only foundation that doesn't break me out, unfortunately i have very pale yellow skin and Almays lightest shade ivory is slightly too dark and still looks a little too peach for me. so i took off a lippy.
the only drugstore makeup that comes close to my skin tone is the lightest shade of Revlon colorstay, but it made me breakout.
so do i want bumpy skin or peach skin.... hey at least it's not orange.
yea i'll buy this again. maybe yellow colored powder would help.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by XomakeupjunkyXo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had really high hopes for this mascara, but unfortunately I was disappointed. I expected it to be full coverage or at least medium because it's for those with acne. I was wrong it's very light coverage and sheer. The only thing that I liked about it was the fact that it matched my skin soooo well. My new foundation doesn't match quite as well, but honestly it provides more coverage. I can see this foundation being good for an early teen who needs some acne help along with a smidge of coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by daisycutterthreeeleven

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been looking for a foundation to match my skin tone for...forever!
I have fair to medium skin but yellow undertones. It is so hard to find foundations that don't turn orange or pink on me. I finally tried this in the shade buff. Great! I do believe it has been helping my acne as well. I think I will continue this for a while. when I am out I may try the tlc almay foundation b/c I like to have a pump. The packaging is really the only reason I didn't give it a 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by missda

I used this foundation for 3 years and I have to admit this really helped with acne. The reason I changed this foundation was because it's very drying and also because I wanted something with more coverage, but this foundation has a decent coverage, it can be build-able but might look a bit cakey, right now I am using Almay tlc which I think is amazing it actually provides better coverage than the clear complexion make up and it does not cause break-outs, it's non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic, when I went to my dermatologist to ask him which foundation will not cause breakouts or irritate skin, he said Almay is a good brand to trust.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 5:30:00 AM More reviews by amyky917

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a flight attendant, and need to wear makeup at work, sometimes for really long hours. Since my face is quite acne prone, I always get at least a pimple or two at the end of a flight. Since I read so many great reviews about this product, I thought I would give it a try. At first, I was quite skeptical about this product but I found that it works so well with my skin that I don't get pimples anymore after flights. It even helps my skin stay clear when I'm about to get my period. The medium coverage of this product is so great that I don't even need to use concealer, or I'd use it as a concealer when I'm not putting make up on. With a price as low as this, I definitely will buy this again.

I am shade 280 warm. Does anyone know if this shade is discontinued? If it is, I will be very very sad :(