December 21, 2014 | 951 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by fatimh

I just bought this product for oily skin today so this is more of a first impressions review. So Far : Pros - it is for oily skin which most drugstore foundation brands don't even carry other than revlon, it's usually just one type. it is a thin liquid, it feels light weight on your skin, it is not greasy, it doesn't look cakey, it barely even looks like you are wearing make up. The biggest pro would be the fact that it has salicylic acid 0.6% and it supposed to heal your blemishes, i just started using this so i can't say if it works or not but i'll update this review if it does after using it for about two weeks or so. I am east indian, my color honey miel and it blends perfectly. Cons : The packaging. that is the only con. there is no pump! so it can get quite messy. just be careful and you'll do fine :) I apply mine with a sponge. As of now I would repurchase this item. I paid $13.99 CAD for this, a bit pricy but if it works then it's worth it!

EDIT : this product is AMAZING, im breaking out alot right now and this foundation makes my skin look silky smooth and has fabulous coverage that covers up all the redness i have and scars, you can barely see my breakouts! soo glad i got this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by cabeauty86

LOVE. I have been buying this product for a very long time now. I have sensitive, acne prone, oily & slightly red toned skin (beautiful combo, i know) and the 220 that I get works perfect. It covers the red, keeps the oil at bay and I have definitely been breaking out much much less. Besides also thinking that this could use a pump, the only other con would be that they need to start making this in a Liter bottle. I would buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp14326

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a good foundation for oily skin. It has a nice finish and covers my blemishes well. I haven't used it long enough to see if it helps my acne, but it doesn't seem to be making my sensitive skin worse. I have only one (kinda major) problem with it: it makes me look like an oompa loompa. Yes indeed. I am white and Almay is orange. I KNEW it would be the wrong shade, yet I ignored my instincts and bought it anyway. I really like the foundation itself, but the color fails to match my skin, and so I must sadly return it and continue my search for foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a little gem in the drugstore. It shares my makeup shelf with foundations from NARS, MUFE and MAC, and for a reason. Coverage is medium, it goes on really smooth (liquid consistency), it first gives a dewy look, but it does dry down a bit, especially when set with powder. End result is really smooth and non-streaky coverage. Colours have excellent undertones – not like most drugstore foundations with orange/peach undertones (ehm...MAYBELLINE!!!!) – there are lots of neutral/yellow for light skin (I have it in ‘Neutral’). Lasting power pretty decent too – I go through my whole day (7 a.m. to 6 p.m.) without touch ups and my face is still pretty decent looking by the end of the day. Also I love the ingredients – salicylic acid and botanicals – I think it really helps clear my pores especially considering all the stuff on my face (powders, blushes, bronzers, concealers, highlighters...) I don’t have particularly oily or broken-out skin, but I still think this is great. I’ve heard people with dry skin also like to use this foundation, so don’t be scared about the active ingredients or that is says its for oily skin.

Only negative things – packaging sucks! It’s a pretty glass bottle, skinny and tall – but there is no pump and the liquid consistency of this makes it run everywhere! Do not wear clothing when you’re working with this foundation – it will get all over you, it will drip down your hands it you put it there to apply. PLEASE GIVES US A PUMP! Or I’m dumping this into another container.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by princessa00

I was so surprised with the quality of this foundation. Unlike everyones holy grail revlon colorstay, this didn't oxidize or make my face greasy. The color match was perfect, really better than any high end foundation ive ever tried. I applied this first with one of those fat bronzer brushes (i love using those for foundation), and after it set I was blown away. It really did give a smooth finish with the amount of coverage (medium-full), and didn't just make my skin look a decent color while highlighting all my imperfections (i'm looking at you, stila oil-free). I cannot believe how lucky I got with this ds foundation.
I can't speak for it's blemish clearing properties as I don't have really problematic skin, but this doesn't break me out at all, and some foundations do.
It does get a bit shiny after a few hours, but not noticeably. It doesn't look quite as perfect as when you first applied it at the end of the day, but then again, does any foundation?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Periclymenum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've only been using this a few days but so far i'm impressed - I was fed up with my previous foundation being too pale/bright for my skin so I picked this up in 'buff' (2nd lightest shade I think) in Target, mainly for the colour rather than anything else, it wasn't until I got to the checkout that I realised it contained salicylic acid.

As I was hoping the shade is an excellent match for my slightly muddy, neutral-warm, fair skin, possibly the best I have found (Chanel's Mat Lumiere in 05, Faience was also good but too $$$ nowadays).

The texture is nice, feels like Revlon Colorstay for dry skin going on but imo this offers more coverage and staying power (but not more than CS oily skin version!) I got a bit shiny on a warmer day over the weekend but it's nothing a bit of powder can't fix. My skin is normal, tending towards oily and this hasn't dried me out.

I have a hormonal breakout at the moment thanks to various medications running out (my skin is acne-prone but under control) and existing spots are drying up, don't know if it's this product or just time. I've had one new little whitehead pop up since I started using this but nothing much and it's almost gone already.

Happy with this and would def purchase again, it maybe even deserves 5 stars but I will wait until i've used this for a bit longer.

Update: Changed rating to 5 stars - it holds up through 90% humidity and has never broken me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by eyelashviper27

I was really pleasantly surprised by this product. I didn't quite know what to expect, but it actually wears really naturally and feels very light. It covers pretty well, although I do get pretty shiny later in the day.

It doesn't make me break out (although it also doesn't really help my stubborn acne on the chin). It can get a little messy when you try and get the right amount out of the bottle, but apart from that there are no complaints. Will definitely repurchase if I don't find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 5:53:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

fav foundation. it is much better than other foundations because i do not break out with this! i can usually buy it for around $13 canadian. the only negative is the packaging because when i open it up the product is usually everywhere (in the lid and along the sides). the shades are great and it helps my skin not look oily. im a big fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by JasonCC

I like this. Its one of the few foundations that i've found that actually match my skin tone. It only has .5% salicylic acid, and some have said that this really isn't enough to treat acne. I have recently gone through a horrible break out that seemed to last forever! But whenever i started to use this, it cleared up a alot! It looks natural and has decent coverage, but can also be pretty drying, so I don't recommend this if you have dry skin..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by xkillerxcrushx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this might be my HG foundation. i use a wedge sponge to apply and the coverage is medium; surprisingly good for DS foundation. it keeps my oily skin under control. i still need to blot a couple time during the day but the product doesn't disappear like a lot of foundations do on oily skin. this might be drying/irritating if used everyday but i only wear makeup on the weekends so it's not a problem for me. also, it stings a little in the eye area cuz of the salicylic acid.

EDIT: wow! it's been 2 years and this is STILL my favourite foundation. I've tried many others in that time and this is still the best for me. amazing colour match (not too pink) and has never broken me out. best of all, they've updated the packaging from the old plain glass bottle to a pump! it dispenses exactly the right amount of product so I waste a lot less than I did trying to pour it out of the old bottle. Plus it's more sanitary.
Gotta love when a great product gets even better.