Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

2.5

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Camellia Sensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 1/31/2004 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried these at a friend's house, so I haven't actually bought them yet. Although they're very oily, I did secretly like them. I definitely took out my contacts first, so I wouldn't end up with flakes, etc in my eyes. I did like the moisturizing properties because of the oil. I also felt like it was more than enough product on one pad for both eyes, and then maybe a swipe with some tissue to clean up the mess. Overall, for trips and things like that, I would purchase.

on 1/19/2004 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love these! THey are HG material. I have dry skin and I only use them before I go to bed, that way is any greasiness is noted, you can go to bed afterwards. I recently stopped buying because they were too expensive and I went through them so fast. You have to tug and pull a little with the mascara, and it leaves some flakes which can easily be swipped away. I am not using pure mineral oil rubbed on my face, using my own hands. I finish my routine up with CEtaphil. NO tugging or pulling and works the same as these pads.

on 1/17/2004 10:57:00 PM

Yuck! Way too oily -- gets in my eyes every time I use them. To be fair, they do a great job removing eye make-up. But I will get the non-oily next time.

on 1/15/2004 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

No.. nope.. na-uh. Not worth it. It left a combination of mascara flakes & oil *in* my eyes. Aren't u glad u checked pville? Saved u 4bucks =) go buy Rimmel's instead!

on 1/9/2004 4:04:00 PM

Too greasy! But it does take off make-up.

on 9/27/2003 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Yuck, this stuff is so irritating. My vision was blurry for hours after using. I bought this becuase Target was out of the non-oily ones (which I love and highly recommend). Skip these and go with the non-oily.

on 6/4/2003 4:14:00 PM

One of my best finds from this site! I wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner, and this is the first thing to get all of it off. No tugging or pulling--it amazes me each night to see how much gunk I had on. They ARE oily, so if that's a problem, try the non-oily. But I just blot the oil lightly with tissue, and it's fine. I find the pads very convenient, much more so than liquid removers (every once in a while I flip the whole stack so the top ones become bottom ones and don't dry out). And the price is good too (though they may have been on sale when I got them).

on 5/10/2003 12:57:00 PM

I bought these, thankfully, at Odd Bins for 1.69. They were so greasy and oily that they only think I think they would be good for would be oiling up a cookie sheet. Tossed 'em.

But I LOVE the non-oily makeup remover pads--they are my Holy Grail.

on 5/6/2003 12:28:00 PM

I have had so many problems with eye makeup removers stinging my eyes and the skin around them, not removing all traces of makeup etc, plus I have a pretty dried-out eye area.
I bought these a week ago and am very impressed! They don't dry out my skin at all, the liquid doesn't bother my eyes and they are very easy and efficient to use.
The oily consistency is obviously not for everyone, but I really do feel like my eye area has already improved a little, and I haven't found it has caused me to develop any pimples.
Great buy!

on 4/19/2003 2:34:00 AM

Too oily - it's a whole additional effort to clean your face after using these.