December 20, 2014 | 1370 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2007 10:11:00 PM More reviews by ChocolateSprings

I received this as a GWP and am glad I didn't spend money on it. The smell of it is not overpowering, nothing fruity or floral-like. A little of it goes a long way; just a small amount creates a lot of lather, but it seemed to dry my combination skin more than other cleansers I have previously tried. Like another reviewer previously stated, it takes a lot of rinsing to remove all of the soap. Another disadvantage was that it burned my eyes! I would prefer to not have to endure this in order to remove my makeup. There are many other makeup removing cleansers out there that don't do this, so I'll pass on buying this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2007 3:38:00 PM More reviews by roses888

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received this GWP and I really like it. You use a very small amount (like pea size) and it makes tons of foamy lather. I apply it with a face brush. The small tube I have has lasted a really long time because you can use so little of it when you wash your face. My only gripe is its a little hard to rinse off because of all the foamy soap. You will probally need a toner after to make sure you get all the residue off. It removes make up really well. I would recommend giving it a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2007 2:02:00 AM More reviews by AManDaX

I am not a fan of foaming cleansers because they are always too harsh or drying for me. I received this cleanser in a GWP and because of the convenience of the small tube I took it with me on a trip. Worst idea ever! Not only it is harsh for skin, sting my eyes, I suspect that it gave me some of those hidden pimples as well!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 10:43:00 AM More reviews by tsaraya29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

RIS. What's up with the smell? Maybe the one I rec'd is a bit old because it really has a harsh scent to it. Not what I'd expect from Clinique. Other that that it's a good cleanser, but not very moisturizing. We'll put this in the 'sometimes' pile.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2007 2:17:00 PM More reviews by CaterpillarGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In general, I am not a fan of foaming cleansers because they are usually too harsh for my sensitive skin, but this one is an exception. All you need is a pea sized amount to clean your entire face very thoroughly. Because you only need a tiny bit, it is actually pretty economical, and I love the light rosemary scent. The only reason I am not giving it a perfect score is because it is a little too drying to be HG for me, but as I said, considering the fact that it is a foaming cleanser it is pretty darn good on that front. I do, however, think that this cleanser is probably only appropriate for normal to oily skin types. My Mother has dry skin and absolutely hates this stuff because it really dries her out (which is good for me because she gives me all of her foaming cleanser GWPs! =)). Also, if you use too much, it will dry you out more than usual, so just take the smallest amount, add water to create a light foam, and apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2007 1:11:00 PM More reviews by LoveMyMarine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

use to love this cleanser when i was in highschool, but now that my skin is maturing and has become drier it dosent work for me. I also discovered that it dosen remove all traces of my makeup. I have since switched to good old Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and my skin looks fantastic!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2007 7:52:00 AM More reviews by phatsjunx

I received this as a gift and it worked well for me. I love the smell (has a hint of gingery smell) and the texture. I currently use Clearasil's face wash but if I could splurge, I'd definitely get this face wash. It's gentle on the skin and doesn't dry it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2007 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Ferret1111

This isnt as harsh on my skin as the liquid soap in mild. It leaves my skin very clean but not totally stripped of moisture as some cleansers. I keep getting these as gwp but once I run out I will buy a full size.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2007 8:56:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've received this cleanser a few times as a gwp, and I always enjoy using it. It cleanses well without stripping my skin, and I love the creamy-yet-foaming texture. However, I will not purchase it for two reasons: (1) it is rather overpriced; (2) it contains a bunch of plant extracts that I suspect will start to irritate my sensitive skin with extended use. I wish Clinique would make a sensitive skin version of this cleanser without the plant extracts. Then I would consider purchasing it despite the price.
Ingredients: water, potassium behnate, potassium myristate, glycerin, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, palmitic acid, lauric acid, myristic acid, stearic acid, peg-3 distearate, cholesteryl hydroxystearate, sodium hyaluronate, rosemary extract, 2,6-dimethyl-7-octen-2-ol, lemon extract, eucalyptus extract, lavender extract, butylene glycol, pine extract, cardamom extract, trisodium edta, phenoxyethanol, violet 2, red 4. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2007 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Integra97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this makeup remover. I use a little spot smaller than a dime, rub it between my fingers first, and it is enough to make a foamy lather over my whole face. I do use a separate eye makeup remover to get mascara off first, but this takes care of everything else gently. I wash with my 3 step cleanser after this. It's really a makeup remover even thought they call it a cleanser. You're still supposed to wash with a soap or cleanser product after you use this. The 5 oz tube has lasted me forever, but will definitely repurchase when it's gone.