Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 1/20/2008 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I kind of liked this at first. It's this mousse foaming cleanser that is a bit creamy. It does remove makeup, but not all of it and skin feels kinda dry after you rinse. What I disliked is that after only 2 uses this gave me tiny bumps almost all over my face. Then I read online that the cleanser contains plant extracts. I will never use this again.

on 1/19/2008 3:33:00 PM

I love this product! One thing most people dont know, this is a make-up remover, not a cleanser. You first use it to remove your make up and follow up with a cleanser. This is a great product for my normal sensitive skin. I use it to remove my make up, and then cleanse with what ever cleanser i am using that month. I only use this product at night to remove make up.

on 1/14/2008 2:27:00 AM

I used it before and remembered liking it. After buying one of my own it was kinda nice at the begining. However after having gone through like 2/3 of the tube, my face felt DRY!! Now I'll use the remaining product every other day till it's finished. Wouldn't purchase it again, for what I'm getting, I'd much rather spend $2 on a bar of soap. They would do the same thing, oh ya, they smell the same too!

on 1/11/2008 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this cleanser at the airport in America, so it wasn't as expensive as it could have been. The price in the UK is what put me off before but I am glad that I've tried it now. I use it at the end of the day and it leaves my skin feeling really fresh and clean. The best part is that you only need a pea sized blob which means that the bottle will last for ages - much better value for money than some cheaper brands. I have quite reactive, oily skin and I've had no problems with this cleanser. It could be a problem for drier skins as it is a little drying, but this works well on my oily skin. The only thing that I dislike is the smell - it smells like the cheap soap you find in public toilets. However, this goes away straight after use. I will definately buy again!

on 1/1/2008 11:35:00 AM

Well, after reading some reviews on this cleanser, I decided not to try it on my face just yet. I used it as a handwash just to test it out. Well I'm glad I didn't put this stuff near my face!!!!
It tightened, dried out and irritated my hands. So on my thinner face skin, I dread to think what it would do!!! Now it isnt expensive but if I wanted this effect, I would just buy a bottle of bleach! Bleach is cheaper than this so hence the "expensive" price!
I wont use or buy this again. Oh and it smells like a block of old soap!

on 12/13/2007 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased this after an SA convinced me that I would hate the gel version for oily skin (which I have), as my skin is also really sensitive and reactive. Removes makeup well, but caused little pimples (I am breakout-prone if I use congesting products, but otherwise don't break out often) and left my skin feeling like it had a residue on it. Switched to the gel with more luck. :)

on 12/11/2007 6:36:00 PM

It removes make-up well, it's foamy & a little goes a long way so that's good. But! my skin felt dry, my skin felt like rubber after washing. I haven't been that impressed by Clinique so far & this cleanser was terrible for me.

on 12/4/2007 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I like this cleanser. I like the foamy lather and it makes my skin feel clean. I haven't noticed that it dries me out much, but I follow it with Clinique's Moisture Surge Extra Thirsty Skin Relief.

on 11/21/2007 5:14:00 PM

Got this as a GWP and was initially impressed -- it did a decent job getting makeup off and was drying but not too much so.

Then I got some in my eye.

Stinging, burning, tearing up (for hours), swelling around the eye (up to 14 hours later) -- when reviewers tell you "it stings," they're being kind. Whatever Clinique put in here, and I don't know if it's the fragrance or the surfactant or what, they should take it out and review their other products. This really tarnished Clinique's image for me.

on 11/20/2007 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this product. It removes makeup really really well. The makeup just dissolves right into the foam and leaves no traces on your skin. Your face will feel clean after!