Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 7/31/2008 2:29:00 PM

This is a most excellent product. Unlike other soft type liner brushes, this one is short, so I can apply with precision. It doesn't flop around and make a wavy line. The consistency of the liner is just right. Not runny, not gloppy. The right amount of liner comes out on the brush. I can get a fine line or a thick one, and I can do cat eyes with ease. No stinging/burning, no running, man how I wish I had discovered this stuff years ago. Plus, it costs very little! I will buy this again and again!

OK, one lippie off: after a workday, it sort of starts to peel.

on 7/10/2008 12:10:00 AM

I have been using this liner for years in the gray and brown. I never got the black because I feels it's too dark and un-natural looking. One little bottle lasts months for me. I have a lot of liquid liners from MAC, Laura Geller, ELF (terrible) and I almost always go back to the Ultra liner. It never flakes and lasts all day.
The packaging is cheap looking, but that's ok since it stays home anyways. No one will see it!

on 7/8/2008 8:14:00 PM

Ok this was the very fist liquid eyeliner i have ever bought, and it wasnt what i really expected it to be. my cousin recomended it to me so i got it. it was very easy for me to put it on even the first time but i dont like that fact that it flakes (even though it says it doesnt) it can be thin, which is what i like and it does last a long time. what i have to do is to take it with me to where i go to touch up when it flakes.

on 7/7/2008 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Pros: It stays on long and it really is waterproof. It's easy to use and the brush is very good at making thin lines but...
Cons: It chips, it gets messy, if you want something that can do but thin and thick lines, this ain't it! I recommend their felt tip liquid liner.

on 7/5/2008 11:52:00 PM

I have super oily lids this is about the only liner that stays on without smudging for the entire day. Love the pointed brush and goes on easy. of course it take a ton of practice to master a liquid liner but it's worth it

on 7/4/2008 1:41:00 AM

This is my HG liquid eyeliner. I like it because I can control how thick or thin the application is. I like wearing it thin in the daytime and slightly thicker at night or when I'm trying to draw attention to my eyes. My friends don't really like the brush but I guess over the years I've become a pro at using it. Once you get the hang of using this, the application takes seconds... seriously. My friend used to spend like 5-10 minutes trying to get her eyeliner on and even (using q-tips etc. and makeup remover) This is probably the quickest part of my makeup routine. It stays put for a long time and I don't really have trouble getting it off! I know some people have mentioned flaking but I haven't really noticed that. Maybe my eyelids are oilier? Either way this stuff isn't too expensive so if you are looking for an eyeliner that applies thinly and lasts all day, I'd recommend this one.

on 6/16/2008 2:07:00 PM

I don't know if I use this eyeliner because it's the only liquid eyeliner that's widely available or if I actually really like it. I've been using it for years so I'm a pro at applying it, but it does tend to flake towards the end of the day sometimes (but not every time). If you are a child of the 80's like me, and you NEED liquid eyeliner, because it's what you know best (hahaha), it's worth it for the price.

on 5/25/2008 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I buy this product because I have too, there is no other waterproof, and intense black liquid liners out there. I have used this exact brand for over 10 years, 5 years ago it was MUCH better. It didn't peel, flake, or dry to the "vinyl" finish. I guess until I finally find something better, this will be my liner.

on 5/19/2008 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I like this eyeliner. It lasts all day long and the brush is very thin so that you can make an exact line along your lashline. The only con to this thing is that it may flake off if youre not careful. So you should always bring it with you for touch ups. I wish it came in more colors though.

on 5/14/2008 4:18:00 AM

Oh my god, this is the very best eyeliner I've ever used in my life! It stays forever until I decide to take it off--absolutely no smearing, no flaking, no fading. On the first day I wore it for more than 14 hours to test its effectiveness, and it still looked fresh on my lids, exactly same as applied in the morning. Wow. More importantly, this liquid eyeliner NEVER stings/burns my very sensitive eyes. I am very, very impressed. Application is so smooth, even easier than felt tip liquid liners. Although I have never used a brush tip eyeliner until now, I like this applicator very much because it allows me to draw a VERY fine line. The finish is very nice jet black (never turns into gray) and looks natural on my lids. LOVE this product so much.