November 20, 2014 | 1943 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2008 1:41:00 AM More reviews by MAS520

This is my HG liquid eyeliner. I like it because I can control how thick or thin the application is. I like wearing it thin in the daytime and slightly thicker at night or when I'm trying to draw attention to my eyes. My friends don't really like the brush but I guess over the years I've become a pro at using it. Once you get the hang of using this, the application takes seconds... seriously. My friend used to spend like 5-10 minutes trying to get her eyeliner on and even (using q-tips etc. and makeup remover) This is probably the quickest part of my makeup routine. It stays put for a long time and I don't really have trouble getting it off! I know some people have mentioned flaking but I haven't really noticed that. Maybe my eyelids are oilier? Either way this stuff isn't too expensive so if you are looking for an eyeliner that applies thinly and lasts all day, I'd recommend this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2008 2:07:00 PM More reviews by mz654

I don't know if I use this eyeliner because it's the only liquid eyeliner that's widely available or if I actually really like it. I've been using it for years so I'm a pro at applying it, but it does tend to flake towards the end of the day sometimes (but not every time). If you are a child of the 80's like me, and you NEED liquid eyeliner, because it's what you know best (hahaha), it's worth it for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2008 4:42:00 PM More reviews by nattyd16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I buy this product because I have too, there is no other waterproof, and intense black liquid liners out there. I have used this exact brand for over 10 years, 5 years ago it was MUCH better. It didn't peel, flake, or dry to the "vinyl" finish. I guess until I finally find something better, this will be my liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2008 12:09:00 PM More reviews by insuelin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this eyeliner. It lasts all day long and the brush is very thin so that you can make an exact line along your lashline. The only con to this thing is that it may flake off if youre not careful. So you should always bring it with you for touch ups. I wish it came in more colors though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2008 4:18:00 AM More reviews by rubie

Oh my god, this is the very best eyeliner I've ever used in my life! It stays forever until I decide to take it off--absolutely no smearing, no flaking, no fading. On the first day I wore it for more than 14 hours to test its effectiveness, and it still looked fresh on my lids, exactly same as applied in the morning. Wow. More importantly, this liquid eyeliner NEVER stings/burns my very sensitive eyes. I am very, very impressed. Application is so smooth, even easier than felt tip liquid liners. Although I have never used a brush tip eyeliner until now, I like this applicator very much because it allows me to draw a VERY fine line. The finish is very nice jet black (never turns into gray) and looks natural on my lids. LOVE this product so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by mel0dy

This is the first liquid eyeliner I've ever tried...and it has made me want to come back for more. I've been using Revlon's Colorstay retractable eyeliner in black since forever, but I decided to give this eyeliner a try since it was only $6-$7. The intensity of the black does not fade. It doesn't smudge, or crease on top of my eyelids AT ALL, which I LOVE. The only thing I don't like about this eyeliner is that it looks a little shiny/vinyl-like in light, but you can always go over it with eyeshadow to cover the shine. It's not very noticeable though. I would recommend this to my friends!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2008 9:31:00 AM More reviews by EDMdawn

I think this product is one of those You either Hate It...or you Love It. I LOVE IT!!! My FAVORITE eyeliner out of them all. A lot of people like the other Maybelline Line Works waterproof liquid eyeliner but the liquid in Ultra Liner is WAY better. It does feel a bit "rubbery" once it dries, but it stays on ALL day, all night, until you are ready to take it off. If you rub at your eyes, yes, it will peel off in the corners. But if I don't touch my eyes, this eyeliner will stay put and stay bold in color. Compared to Line Works waterproof, the Ultra Liner lasts A LOT longer and if does come off, it gradually "peels" rather than smudge or give you raccoon eyes. I don't know about you but I would rather have this stuff chip off or peel a little than have it all smudges under my eyes and all over my eyelids.

I hate pencil eyeliners because they always smudge no matter what brand I buy. I have oily skin and pencil liners or the "roll up" liners always get all over my eye lids and make it look like I didn't know how to apply eyeshadow that day.

But if you love liquid eyeliners like I do, stick with Maybelline!! I have tried Avon's eyeliners in all types, MAX factor pencil, Revlon, etc etc and I keep coming back to Maybelline.

I LOVE the BRUSH tip. I am a big fan of brushes when it comes to applying eyeliner because it makes it easier to go really thin or really thick. Some people are not good with applying with brushes, but it just takes a little practice. It's not that hard at all.

I LOVE the texture of the liquid. It's not watery (like Fyrinnae's brand), and it dries relatively quickly. It's a bold color and it stays the same color all day long because it's like a rubbery texture. I have this in dark brown and it looks so nice with my brown eyes!

This stuff lasts a pretty long time too! The jar is a decent size too, a lot bigger than the Line Works one.

If you're looking for something to wear in the pool, water park, on a hot day, or out with your friends at night, this is THE best liquid eyeliner you will ever find for the money!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by pegaloca

My favorite liquid eyeliner ever. It stays on all day and it doesn't crackle up. The brush is very easy to use. The liquid isn't all watery and drippy like others I've used. It takes some time getting used to applying liquid liner but it's worth the practice.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2008 7:06:00 PM More reviews by xyqzizibe

Pros: It's waterproof and the color doesn't fade. Also, you don't get the racoon effect under your eyes.
Cons: It tends to flake off. At times, the eyeliner stays put and doesn't give me much trouble. But there are times when bits of my eyeliner starts to peel off. I have to carry the tube of eyeliner with me in case of emergencies.
It's still my daily eyeliner at the moment. Once I run out, I'm planning to try the new clubbing liquid eyeliner by Bourjois.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 3:42:00 AM More reviews by kayemarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this product for awhile because it didn't smudge and was pretty cheap but it peels, which is a nightmare if it happens when you're out. It lasted pretty well but if you looked at my eyes closely it looked as if I had a stripe of black latex on my eyes and it started to, the best way I can explain this is, fold in multiple spots. It didn't last very well in the inside corners of my eyes either and I ended up looking like I had a half lined eye. When it comes time to take this off you literally can roll your finger over the edge and peel the whole strip off in one piece. There's better liners out there than this one.