Matrix Biolage - Conditioning Balm

4.2

2015 (name changed) HYDRASOURCE CONDITIONER INGREDIENTS AQUA / WATER / EAU PROPYLENE GLYCOL MYRISTYL ALCOHOL CETEARYL ALCOHOL CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE DECYL OLEATE PHENOXYETHANOL PARFUM / FRAGRANCE METHYLPARABEN ALOE BARBADENSIS / ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE ETHYLPARABEN LIMONENE HEXYL CINNAMAL COUMARIN LINALOOL CITRIC ACID PASSIFLORA EDULIS FRUIT JUICE BISABOLOL----------------------------------------------2012 Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Myristyl alcohol, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Decyl Oleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ethylparaben, Limonene, Hexylcinnamal, Coumarin, Linalool, Citric Acid, Passiflora Edulis Fruit Juice, Bisabolol.------------------------------------------- Old ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Myristal Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Decyl Oleate, Rosemary Extract (Rosemarinus Officinalis), Golden Seal (Hydrastis Canadensis), Algae Extract, Chitosan PCA, Quaternium-79 Hydrolyzed Keratin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance.

on 6/5/2006 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

UPDATE: This is actually a pretty good conditioner! The problem I was having before (read below) was from the shampoo, it was making my hair too dry! So I experimented with other shampoos and this is really good stuff! No silicones, some plant extracts, and it makes my hair look richer as well. Not sure if I will ever buy it again, but it's good. 8.6/10

This has bipolar disorder. It can either act really good, providing more shine than silicone products and making my hair look richer, or just do nothing -- turning my hair into a no shine tangled mess. Every time I use this, I don't know what's going to happen. It can feel like it's working on wet hair, but leave my dry hair dry, then actually do something a couple hours later, only to feel dry again shortly after. With this, my hair can't be moisturized and shiny, it's always one or the other. It doesn't matter if I use a little or a lot or leave it on for longer, I always get different results. For that reason I will not repurchase. Smells good though (and this does not change). 5/10

on 6/5/2006 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have fine, frizz prone, slightly dry, wavy/curly hair. When used on a daily basis this makes my hair look dull rather than adding shine, doesn't do a good job of smoothing/frizz fighting, and it's only so-so at moisturizing. Plus it takes all definition out of my waves/curls. But on the upside, it never makes my sensitive skin break out (a MAJOR plus), and it doesn't weigh my hair down.

on 5/29/2006 4:44:00 PM

I've repurchased this conditioning balm more than a handful of times, which I think says a lot about a product. My sister, mother and I all go through this ridiculously fast. I have thick, medium-textured hair with a natural wave and find that this, when used regularly, has made my hair healthy and soft. Just a small amount is needed. I'll keep using this until they stop making it.

on 5/25/2006 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had my hair colored and highlighted recently and found that my hair has been kinda like straw. I used this at a friends house and it left my hair so silky soft. It felt as soft as before I colored it. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Will rebuy after I run out of the tub of this stuff I got today!

on 5/14/2006 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my HG conditioner. Anyone with thick baby fine hair knows what a tangled mess it can become. Biolage detangles and moisturizes and rinses very clean leaving no dulling residue that can leave fine hair flat as a sheet. When my hair is long, I wouldnt be able to comb it without this product, when my hair is short it's light enough to maintain some body in my limp waves.

on 4/25/2006 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

After going through 4 tubs of this, I realize that I really love this conditioner. I have thick, sometimes coarse, colored, curly hair and this makes it shiny and manageable - never weighs it down or makes it look greasy. And I love the smell. I have a dispenser and I feel like such a pro now when I'm pumping out this stuff. I use a small amount at a time even though I have a lot of hair, so it lasts a long time for me. The price isn't bad, $20 for a tub that lasts me about 2 months. I rarely shampoo, mostly just condition, and this doesn't build up even when I use it at my somewhat more oily roots.

on 4/18/2006 1:53:00 AM

this conditioner really repaired the damages left by using the two-in-one shampoo/conditioners. it made my hair really silky, & the smell is great. however, for an 18 year old like me, its sorta expensive.

on 4/15/2006 12:57:00 PM

I bought this after reading a lot of the reviews for it. They seemed mostly positive, so I thought, why not? Also, I had a $5 coupon and that will cause me to buy almost anything. I like just about everything about this conditioner. It's made my hair really soft and nice looking. It has a nice smell. The price isn't awful (compared to this other conditioner I had gotten a few weeks ago that was more expensive and made my hair look gross). It doesn't seem to coat my hair. I don't need to use that much when I use it - I have just-above shoulder length wavy, fine hair. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't completely protect against frizz, but it's really not that bad. I say this conditioner is worth it.

on 4/8/2006 11:37:00 AM

I use this once a week with a clairifying shampoo and I love what it does for my hair! My normal shampoo and conditioner are Redken's All Soft, but I wanted a good deep treatment -- this is it.

on 3/10/2006 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love the smell of Biolage products so Matrix was an easy choice when I searched for a deep conditioner for my color stressed hair. This makes my hair feel soft and silky- terrific! Even going on six weeks post color ( my max time between appts) when my hair is at it's worst- ends get stretchy when wet and straw like on blow dry. After using this on my ends I had less tangle for comb out and sleek shine once dry. I use mostly on the ends as I have oily roots and the first time I ended up greasy from a too generous all over application. I will be buying this again!