October 23, 2014 | 1196 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2004 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Jill70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tried this out of sheer frustration w/ a dozen or more liquid foundations without much hope of me liking it...have oily skin but didn't want a full matte look...FOUND IT. Have been using this now all summer (w/ MOM first to control shine), second lightest shade (probably will get lightest once I lose summer color). Feels like nothing on skin . I'm a pressed powder foundation convert!
UPDATE: Been using this consistently for nearly five years. I no longer use the MOM under it - attacking greasiness in other ways now. No need to go searching for another fast, easy powder base like this. Fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2004 9:42:00 PM More reviews by parrottheadmd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation in WD404 (everlasting tan) and WD405 (Neroli Bronze).

I bought this powder foundation because my skin cannot take a liquid foundation during the summer (and barely during the winter) because it is so oily. I decided to try this because it states right on the front that it is oil free (many powder founds aren't) and because of the color choice. I have olive toned skin and many are too pink. There was a tester available and these two colors matched my skin so well. The lighter is great for when i'm not tan, and the darker is wonderful for now when I am tan.

I have only tried the dry application. I use the sponge for night or for areas where I need heavier coverage, and I use a large (kabuki) brush for day or on areas that need lighter coverage. The application was flawless and the sponge has a wonderful soft texture. However, one came with a different textured sponge which I did not like so I am not sure which is newer. This powder kept my skin pretty shine free (and that is a big improvement for my oil slick skin-nothing could make it totally shine free all day).

Ingredients:Talc, Mica, Rice starch, nylon 12, magnesium stearate, boron nitride, lauroyl lysine, octyl palmitate, squalane, zinc oxide, dimethicone, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, octylmethoxycinnamate, yeast extract, lactic acid and citric acid and malic acid and green tea extract, imidazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylpareben, ascorbyl palmitate. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, chromium oxide greens, ultramarines. continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2004 8:06:00 PM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am generally not a huge fan of powder based foundations,as most leave my skin dry and flaky.This comes close to HG status,however;I use it dry and don't have to touch up much at all.It leaves me looking quite flawless and stays that way all day.My skin is definately combination,drier in winter but far more oily in summer months,and I find this to be perfect for now.I found laurel nude to be a perfect match for my NC20 skin.Coverage can be tweaked to be light to heavier by applying less or more and it doesn't cake as some are wont to do.This is a rice powder that I think most sensitive skins can tolerate fairly easily-mine doesn't react at all.This is also more of a yellow based shade and the lightest in the color family.I hope this review is helpful in some way:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2004 8:17:00 AM More reviews by ninersgirl

Like Indiana Jones, I've been searching for the Holy Grail. Of foundations, anyway. I think I may have found it. Lighter than MAC's Studio Fix, without the tendency to go grease slick on me by noon, Palladio Wet/Dry is everything I've been looking for in a foundation. It hasn't broken me out, coverage can be sheered out when applied dry with a big fluffy powder brush, or built up to cover zits & undereye darkness with the sponge the package comes with. My gigantic nose pores don't look like hell in the afternoon, like most foundations usually make them look. There's no settling into the enormous craters God gave me for nose pores. My skin doesn't look like I have makeup on with this foundation, it just looks like good skin. Isn't that what we want our foundations to do???

So happy I've found this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2004 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Jonesey

Holy freakin' grail! I think I have finally found the foundation to end my eternal quest for the perfect foundation! And it only costs $9.99 at Sally Beauty Supply! I would gladly pay three times that amount for this amazing product.

I had sworn off powder foundations after some terrible mask-like experiences with MAC Studio Fix and Chanel Double Perfection. But I've been on a serious hunt for a new foundation lately, and after reading all the glowing reviews here, I decided to try it (for $10, why not?) I had an unfortunately experience my first go-round with Laurel Nude (too light and pinky for my yellow-toned skin--turned me grey!). Luckily, I decided to give Cypress Beige a try and thank god I did! It's amazing!

First of all, this powder takes me about 1/5 the time it used to take to apply liquid foundation and loose powder. It goes on so easily and smoothly, and layers well for coverage where you need it. I'm amazed how well this covers redness and hyperpigmentation! It looks smooth and flawless, and not at all cakey like most powder foundations. But here's the best part! It actually looks BETTER as the day goes on! What foundation can claim that? All other foundations I've worn get splotchy, creased and fade away in oily spots from being blotted throughout the day. This stuff DOES NOT BUDGE. And I've found it "melts" into my skin and looks even more natural and lovely at the end of the day! I couldn't stop staring at myself in the mirror when I got home last night--my skin looked flawless!

I really really really hope they never discontinue this stuff because it's incredible!

I also bought Palladio's rice paper blotting powders, which work great for touch ups. Because they have powder, you don't need to blot and powder--disturbs makeup less. I also got their rice powder (loose) for $4.99--it's fabulous too! I've been dusting it over my sunscreen before putting on the Wet/Dry to reduce shine.

I also tried it with a sample of Clinique's Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector this morning, which really diminished my pores and made for an even smoother application. Now if I could just find a high SPF that wasn't greasy!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2004 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Springncts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read good reviews for this, and said hey it's only $10, I'll try it. I really was hoping to fing a cheaper version of my HG MAC studio fix, but I was let down. Going on wet this looked pretty heavy, and chalky. The staying power was minimal. Going on dry it was just like a normal powder, nothing special. My skin is dry, so I always wear a moisturizer underneath, maybe that affected the staying power. For $10, I would try it, might work for some people, just not for me. PS: mine is up for swap!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2004 6:57:00 PM More reviews by cocacolagirl

This one is similar to "Beauticontrol Wet/Dry Compact Foundation"(I think it's called that). Anyway, Palladio's compact foundation is definately for people with combination or oily skin. Even Beauticontrol recommends their compact foundation to be for combination/oily skin. People with dry skin can use it too, but I've found out from other women that dry skin people will probably dislike it because it looks more cakey on them and will make their skin seem more dry. I'm a combination skin person so I like it for the good coverage and matte look. No, the color selection is not all that great but the color I use is okay for me. If you want a better selection of shades try "Beauticontrol Wet/Dry Compact Foundation."

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2004 8:26:00 AM More reviews by satellite

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an awesome, awesome, awesome product. I've tried lots of other brands in the past, but this one simply does the job for me. Why do I love it so much? I don't have perfect skin, but when I have this on my skin looks like a million-dollars: poreless, matte (but not in a masky-looking way) and even. It stays on the whole day and does not turn color. It is odorless and the packaging is excellent. I don't really use the sponge that it comes with, though; I find that a flocked sponge gives the finish that I want. I wear Everlasting Tan, and I'm lucky that it's a pretty good color match for me. I can't say enough good things about this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2004 12:59:00 AM More reviews by starlette17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product a month or so ago in 'Ivory Myrhh'. I usually use liquid foundations, but I thought I'd try something different after reading the reviews on here. This is a great product! I usually apply it dry, sometimes wet - it doesn't make that much difference for me. I'm glad this stuff doesn't make my foundation diminish by the end of the day like the others I've tried. The coverage isn't perfect, but my skin isn't that bad so its alright. I'm already almost running out, but hopefully it will last me another couple weeks. I'll definitely buy it again!

UPDATE - This stuff was ok at first but I realized it made my face kinda orangey and made me break out. I now use Physicians Formula Le Velvet Compact, its way better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2004 6:48:00 PM More reviews by maggiegault

I'm an Ivory Myrrh girl myself, and I am so happy that I found this terrific product. (I just want to keep my voice down, as I want it to stay a well-kept secret, so the prices don't shoot up and we all start having trouble finding it!)

This foundation manages to give wonderful coverage without looking mask-y. It truly does give the illusion of My Skin, Only Better. I also like that so many of the ingredients are all natural. The less chemicals on the face, the better! The colors are good; not as large of a range as StudioFix, my former foundation favorite, but I found one that works for me. Besides, Palladio has MAC beat, in that the Wet/Dry doesn't break me out and turn orange on me less than two hours after application like StudioFix does!

I buy mine at Sally Beauty. There is an entire display of Palladio products. I am so impressed with Wet/Dry, I am going to look into the other products as well.

Highly recommended.

Edited: Except not. I started to have a problem with this foundation turning color during the day, and I just got tired of it. I no longer use it.