April 19, 2014 | 886 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ginijay123

This is perfect for the hormonal acne that flares up on my chin area. I use it as a wash daily during the summer on my chin area *only*, and I use it as a mask around those times when it tends to flare year round. I have used it on my nose area before when I have been sweating outside and my nose ends up looking like an oil slick, but not a lot b/c it seems to irritate the sides of my nose occasionally. I use it in combination with a SA product (the rest of my face doesn't seem to like BP--see my other review). I hope they never discontinue it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by hajime

BP products tend to work well for me where salicylic acid products fail. This seems to be a fairly gentle, yet effective product on my skin. I use it as a cleanser most often, rather than as a mask. Like another poster mentioned, if you get hormonal breakouts, use this the week before you know it typically happens! Avoids the whole need to use a mask in the first place. I would never leave this stuff on overnight, but it seems okay when I use it as an occasional cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2008 3:47:00 AM More reviews by ryenrawkstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of Neutrogena products, but I am not too big on this particular product. I bought it liking the idea of the product being a 2 in 1 cleanser/mask hybrid. I got it at Target for around 5 or 6 dollars and when I got home I used it as a cleanser. The consistancy is really thick-like a mask, and things got a little messy. I get random breakouts so I expected the product to help with my acne seeing as it has 3.5% benzoyl peroxide. I tried the product as a mask, after washing off, my skin felt tight and stung a little. I will not be repurchasing this product but it is definitely not the worst product I have tried. Three lippies!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2008 10:41:00 AM More reviews by kanchii

DON'T BUY THIS IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO BP!
i thought i'd give it a try cause it just has 3.5% bp. A HUGE BLUNDER! i left it on my face overnight as spot treatment on areas that needed help, and now my face is all red all over. it's itchy too. and it just worsened my zits.
don't take chances like i did.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2008 3:51:00 AM More reviews by ilovemakeup4sure

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i really like this mask.
i suffer from acne around the chin and nose area and occasionally on the jaw line and this clears it right up

i dont use it as a cleanser much but i do use it as a spot treatment at night by applying a dab on a pimple letting it dry a bit and then going to sleep

when i wake up its almost all gone!
its less swollen, red, and inflamed.

once in a while i use it as an all over face mask but i think that makes me breakout more cause essentially masks draw up the impurties to the surface of the skin, makes you purge, and then clears up your skin...well according to my derm at least

i will definately repurchase this time and time again
i have already gone through 3 tubes, and almost done with my 4th

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2008 6:10:00 PM More reviews by monster1976

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It made my skin red, blotchy and dry...yuck. Didnt like it. Wish I did cause I got 2 new nasty zits from the Aveeno calming cleanser and now I dont know where to look for a new deep cleansing, but calming cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by PhxSunsGirl

I bought this after reading about it in a magazine. When I first tried it, I thought, wow this is really refreshing. That feeling goes away after a couple of uses. As for helping my acne, it didn't. My skin was breaking out just as much as it was before. I gave this product about a month and a half before I stopped using it. I got tired of it not helping my skin, but bleaching my clothes like crazy! As for the mask part of this product, like I said before, it is refreshing but I don't think it cleans my pores much. I perfer Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask (see my review) to this when it comes to a cleansing mask. Overall, this product just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2008 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Newcastle7B

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had horrible acne as a teen. Birth control improved it slightly as I got older, but it wasn't until I added Clear Pore that my skin significantly cleared up. I still get one pimple (as opposed to an army) when I am nearing my period, but that isn't close to enough to get me to stop using this. I think it works best as a mask, just apply at the start of your shower/bath and rnise when you are wrapping up. I don't see how you can't see a difference!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2008 11:50:00 AM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This really makes my skin feel soft and clean! I used this for awhile, but was running low and didn't bother to repurchase. The thing was, this cleanser is really good at getting rid of clogged pores! I have a handful of clogged pores on my forehead and my forehead hasn't felt smooth and bump-free in years until after I started using this cleanser regularly for about two weeks. Once I stopped using it, one by one, the clogs came back... Don't know why I strayed! Since it has menthol in it, though, I don't recommend it for use around the eyes. Use something else to take off your makeup, and then use this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2008 2:17:00 PM More reviews by kelipoo

This is my HG AM face wash. While my skin isn't perfectly clear (and I don't think it ever will be), this really helps keep it in check. I don't use it at night, as I have bleached a few pillow cases with it. At night I use a salicylic face wash and Stridex BP power pads.