October 30, 2014 | 1550 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by TinkPink808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This made my face feel really clean. I use to use this once a week many many years ago. It didn't dry out my skin or anything. My skin got use to it so it stopped working for me. Thats why i wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2009 2:19:00 AM More reviews by albhpixie

just recently started using this. so far i love it. it is the only facial care regimen with benzoyl peroxide that i can find in stores where i live.
i have very sensitive skin, so i have to use it as a cleanser not a mask, because it does burn my skin if i leave it on.
it does dry my skin out in some areas.
other wise, it clears my breakouts better than anything else i have tried so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by jessib378

Great for spot treatment at night, as a mask. Using it regularly can be too drying a lot of the time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 7:55:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Good mask/cleanser.This stuff worked wonders for me in the 6th grade,but not anymore.It kept my face clean and I didnt break out as much.I love this as a mask though!I use it after I steam my face,I'll usually wear it when I take a bubble bath or something.Its REALLY drying as a mask though

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 7:24:00 PM More reviews by dimepiecediva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my HG facial cleanser. I have oily skin (especially the nose & forehead) and it keeps the breakouts away. I have tried so many different cleansers but nothing, absolutely nothing, works better than this. I found this stuff a few years ago. After trying different prescription creams from my dermatologist and not seeing results, I started searching around for my own remedy. I tried this and was amazed. I mostly use it as an everyday cleanser, using it as a mask maybe twice a month. I cannot say enough about this product. Your face is noticeably clearer and smoother instantly. I couldn't imagine what I would do if this was ever discontinued. Great stuff!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by graciegirl423

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, i love this, but it does not clear my blackheads like i expected. Overall, thats the ONLY negative thing i have to say about it. The best part is that you can use it in 3 ways, as a cleanser, a mask, or cleanser/mask (cleanse then leave it on as a mask).I think this works well no matter how you use it, but i usually use it as a cleanser/mask. I also love the texture and scent, it reminds me of the proactive mask. This is a life saver! im happy to say that i havent had a pimple since i started using this! Seriously! and i had bad acne before!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by FendiBaby

I bought this product mainly for two reasons: one, I was looking for a cheaper alternative to Proactiv and two, this product has really high ratings on MUA. Well unfortunately, it didn't do anything for my skin. I'm not sure why because benzoyl peroxide is the active ingredient in this as well as Proactiv, which does wonders for my skin. But by a month or so, my skin was looking really bad. It works for a lot of people, so I wouldn't rule it out, but for me it was a total waste.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by camo4mamo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use this product as a mask, first off. The benzoyl peroxide really helped prevent bad breakouts, and made my skin soft. It had a really nice tingling feeling on my skin, but not a bad, stinging one. The only bad thing about the packaging is is that it's filled with mostly air, so when i get low it's going to be really hard to get the rest of the product out. Other then that, i think this product does a pretty good job as a mask, but not as good as the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Philosophy_Girl

I have yet to review any products. So, I decided to spend tonight reviewing my favorite products, because makeupalley has been so useful in my search for and research of different beauty products.

That being said, I love this product. I have a pretty rigorous skincare routine, because my skin is so difficult to deal with. I use this particular product as a mask once (sometimes twice) a week in order to help dry up my oil and acne. As this does contain benzoyl peroxide, I would not suggest using it as a mask every night, or keeping it on your face for a significant amount of time--believe me, I've done this and ended up with a red, raw, and peeling face.

This is not only a great facial mask, but a great face wash as well; though, I suggest using it sparingly. Something I like to do: while in the shower, I scub my face with it, let it sit on my face as I continue with my shower, and then wash it off at the end. This routine helps my acne a lot, and keeps my skin looking pretty decent.

Another thing to note: as this is a benzoyl peroxide product, you may want to use white bath towls, because it will bleach out other colors of fabric.

It's around $7 per tube, which is reasonable considering its multi-funtionality. It also lasts quite awhile, but less depending on whether used as a face wash as well as a mask. The only complaint I have is that the cap sometimes doesn't close properly, and it can lead to waste. However, I don't find this to be enough of a complaint to remove a star.

Highly suggested!

(If you are interested in the rest of the products used in my current skincare routine, which I'll also be writing reviews for: I use Neutrogena's Deep Clean Cream Cleanser in the morning or when my face is overly-dry or irritated, Neutrogena's One-Step Gentle Cleanser for evening make-up removal, Olay's Regenerist Thermal Skin Polisher as a once-a-week scrub, and Eucerin Sensitive Facial Skin Lotion SPF 30 for my daily moisteriser--I also like Philosophy's Hope in a Jar, but it's pretty pricey and Eucerin does just as well, if not better for a lot less.)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by muse97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My husband and I had been using this for a while, and loved it, until we realized that the benzoyl peroxide in it was the cause for the mysterious bleached spots on our clothing, towels, etc. Too bad, because it worked nicely OTHER than THAT.