Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Alcohol denat., calendula officinalis (calendula) flower oil, borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, achillea millefolium (yarrow) oil, carum petroselinum (parsley) seed oil, aqua (water, eau), salix nigra (willow) bark extract, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) oil, juniperus communis (juniper) fruit oil, eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) leaf oil, citral, geraniol, limonene, linalool

on 9/15/2003 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love the whole concept of Burt's Bees, and I love the little bees, but it seems like every product I buy I end up disliking. This product came in a little face kit I bought because I loved the colors in the kit, and the little bag. Unfortunately, this product was very irritating to my sensitive skin.
I have acne problems due to hormones (chin breakouts) and am always on the lookout for something that MIGHT help a little. Unfortunately, the knock-your-socks-off smell and the stinging reaction my skin had did not please me. And it didn't seem to clear my blemishes at all, just sting and tighten and make my eyes water. On to the next.

on 8/14/2003 10:57:00 AM

I didn't find this product to be great, but I didn't find it to be horrible either. I've actually never found an acne product that actually did what it claimed. I get a doozy about once a month and it seems nothing helps. That being said, I still bought the BB's blemish stick. The smell is very medicinal, but not offensive if you like an alcoholic-fennel-lemony smell. The packaging is kinda yucky. I had a mishap once with this product -- I had a huge zit over my eye and rolled the applicator directly on the zit. Well, the stupid roller came off causing all that STINGING liquid into my EYE! Not good. Luckily, I did not sustain any permanent sight loss. Now, I roll the product onto my clean hand and take it from there.

on 8/12/2003 4:33:00 PM

This works as well for clearning up my occasional blemishes as the Clean & Clear beta-hydroxy gel. The scent is pretty strong, but I found that it dissipates quickly, so I use this even during the day. The roller applicator is a big plus! Very portable. UPDATE 6/1/04: Great stuff. One of Burt's products I might actually buy again when I run out. This is the only thing that really gets my occassional jawline pimple.

I love this stuff. I doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and blemishs seem to disappear in hours.

on 6/25/2003 6:46:00 PM

The smell is little strong, and so I don't use it during the day. I put it on at night after washing my face and wait a few minutes afterwards before putting on moisterizer to allow the blemish stick's "drying" process to work. Its not a miracle cure for pimples but it does dry them out fairly well. I agree with some previous postings that the roller-ball thing on it is a little disconcerting.

on 6/10/2003 5:19:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this- The product itself is great, seems to really work on blemishes & oily areas...& has a nice tingly feeling...(The smell might bother some people, but it's not nearly as strong as most herbal treatments of this kind)...My biggest complaint, like everyone else- is the packaging, which seems to defeat the whole purpose of the product...It is very unsanitary, & I also noticed debris floating in mine after a while, which is kind of gross...I would buy this again because I really like it, but they should rethink the packaging.

on 5/19/2003 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I find this product so good for my skin, it clears up any breakouts that I have. The problem is that I live in England so I don't suppose anybody knows a way to get some in England?
Such a good product and really worked with my skin so I do recommend it - im not sure but is this the same as the other herbal blemish stick in the yellow packaging?

on 4/17/2003 2:04:00 PM

I've been spot using this stuff for awhile. The packaging is its biggest downfall. The rollerball tends to dry out and get stuck with infrequent use. Then, it tends to overflow and pour out over your face. The floating debris is another problem.
I think this stuff is great for treating blemishes, however. I get very few pimples, but when I do, I put this on them and it really seems to heal and dry out the zit. Great results, packaging needs improvement.

on 4/15/2003 11:20:00 AM

I am a woman who has to have an alternative! Sometimes it is just not possible to make it to the dermatologist for that cortisone injection! I rank this on a list with other alternatives I use right next to Tea Tree Oil. I use medications to keep my skin clear but hey we all get at least one per month! This is a great item to add to your products for zapping those blemishes!

on 4/14/2003 7:18:00 PM

This stuff is great-dries em right up without drying my skin very much:)

Popular Treatments (Face)