Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

3.6

Water (aqua), Poloxamer 184, Sodium PCA, Disodium Cocomphodiacetate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenol

on 5/15/2006 12:55:00 PM

This stuff does do a decent job of removing waterproof mascara (though it takes more effort than with my fave m/u remover, Clinique's Take the Day Off), so it gets points for that. However, for Pete's sake, do NOT get this stuff in your eyes! It burns, oooooohhhhh it burns!! And yes, this is an eye makeup remover. Gah. Nice going, Rimmel. This gets 1 lippie for being super cheap, and 1 lippie for sort of working all right. 3 lippies off for the sheer pain.

UPDATE (04 Jun 2006):
Okay, so I had a thought that maybe it was not the remover that was stinging my eyes, but the eyeshadow I was using. (Occasionally, my eyes sting when I rub my eye and my shadow gets in there...I don't recall what brand shadow, though.) I tried the remover with no eye makeup of any kind on, and it did not sting this time. So, it just stings when I use it to actually remove shadow, because the shadow gets mixed in with the watery remover and gets in my eye. I'm not bumping the rating up by 1, though, because this discovery still doesn't make my eyes not sting when I use this remover. continued >>

on 5/13/2006 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Simply excellent! I layer on my eyeshadow - primer, MAC paints, and deep eye shadow, liquid eye liner, and Rimmel mascara. This eye make remove takes it all off quickly without buring and cuausing eye irritation. It is incredible. Definitely worth trying. You will get the same results as a department store brand, with the cost savings of a drugstore price. All of this for less than $5. I highly recommend trying this product and the Rimmel mascara, lipgloss, and lipstick. I like them all. My next purchase will be a blush shade from them. Give it a try; you can always return it. The black brown shade is beautiful for redheads, strawberry blondes and fair complected women.

on 5/13/2006 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm on my second bottle of Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover and I'm just about done with this product. It had such a great reviews, so I had to try it. I wear waterproof mascara alot and let me tell you, this DOES NOT work well on taking off waterproof formula. Sometimes it stings my eyes too, leaving them all irritated. I don't know why I even bothered to buy the second bottle. I think it's the cost. It's very cheap and comes in a generous size bottle. I will not repurchase this product.

on 5/10/2006 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this, just used it today and i am very impressed with it =) its better than my L'oreal gentle/refreshing eye MU remover, it doesn't sting my eyes like Loreals does. theres also more value for money, and that i can use more to saturate the cotton pad. none of my lashes fell out when i used this, which is my primary concern. with l'oreal, i had to tug a bit and my lashes came out.
overall a great buy, and i will switch to this from L'oreal for my non W/P makeup.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'M SOO SHOCKED 2 SEE THAT THE RATING IS SOO LOW, I LUB THE EYE MAKEUP REMOVER!!! ITS SOO GENTLE AND MAY I ADD, THAT I HAVE SUPER DELICATE SKIN. ALL I HAVE TO DO IS POUR A LITTLE ON A COTTON SQUARE AND SWEEP IT UNDER MY EYE AND WALL LAH!! ITS SO GENTLE AND EASY. I DONT HAVE TO RUB MY EYES OUT. LUBB IT! NOW ABOUT THE PRICE, ITS AROUND $ 5-6 AT WALMART, BUT U CAN FIND IT AT THE $ 99 C. STORE : O ). GREAT BUY!! HOPE THIS HELPS.

on 5/5/2006 3:48:00 AM

This product is just okay.

on 4/26/2006 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Best makeup remover I have found in ages! Is not greasy or oily, actually it is the opposite, it is like water. it takes my makeup off right away, including my stila smudge pots which is tough to get off. And it lasts a while. at less than $5 i will definitely buy again.

on 3/24/2006 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

It is the best most effective drug store eye make-up remover I have purchased. Furthermore, due to the value pricing and effectiveness of this product, I have stopped purchasing Lancome's eye make-up reomove. I can buy four of the Rimmel to one of the Lancome.

Bottom Line: It is effective, dosen't irritate or burn my eyes, and it is inexpensive.

FYI. I layer on my eye make up.....Smashbox Primer, MAC Paints, Eye Shadow, Liquid, liner, and mascara. Rimmel gets it all off quickly.

on 3/15/2006 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

definitely my fave eye makeup remover, and i wear contacts and use waterproof mascara. to be fair, i always rub my lashes a lil bit with warm water before i start, but this stuff is really the best stuff i've ever tried. hasn't broken me out yet either. HG remover.

on 3/12/2006 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This eye make-up remover is great. I've used many others (Lancome, Clinique, Maybelline, Neutrogena) and for the value and removal of stay-on mascara - this works best. I wear contact lenses and have sensitive, dry eyes and this product was fine for me.