January 25, 2015 | 1936 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by frenchconnection

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you have chapped lips or dry, cracked skin, you must get this product! I struggled with chapped lips in winter until I tried this product. I prep my lips with it before applying a nude lipstick. The lipstick applies more smoothly over Aquaphor. I also wear each it night while I sleep. Problem solved! When my hands get dry from too much washing in cold weather, I apply this on top of Cerave, and my hands return to normal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh, is this the best product or what? If my lips are feeling winter-rough, I'll put on lip balm and more lip balm - and nothing. Then I'll grab my tube of Aquaphor & apply a bit to lips before bed. Boom, they're silky smooth by the next morning. Sometimes I'll apply it to the eye & mouth area at night, too, if I've run out of emu oil. Unlike plain ol' Vaseline (which is 100% petrolatum), Aquaphor with its 41% petrolatum base along with other helpers like mineral oil, ceresin, lanolin, panthenol, glycerin & bisabolol is all-around just an excellent staple. It's more expensive than Vaseline, and should be. But a 3-ounce bottle lasts forever, and I wouldn't be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by smel84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is amazing. Its so moisturizing and healing that my husband and I use it to aid the healing of our tattoos. Its actually the number one product they recommend for new tattoos. Its super creamy and it stays put. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

I bought this for my mom as the skin on her hands was cracked and peeling due to the harsh and dry winter weather; however, I ended up using it faithfully when my lips first dried out, and then got sunburnt. You can only imagine how beautiful I looked with all of the skin around my lips peeling, and my lips themselves turning a weird, blotchy dark color and peeling, too. Seriously, they were so burnt that they itched like mad. I tried everything I owned -- Smith's Rosebud Salve, Chapstick, Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment, Vaseline Lip Balm, etc. -- and nothing worked. Then I slathered on Aquaphor every night before bed and reapplied during the day, and in about two days I started seeing drastic improvements. It took about a week, but my lips have now completely healed. The packaging is not the prettiest, but what I'm paying for, of course, is how effective it is. This comes highly recommended from both me and my mother.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

Bought this on a whim while shopping at SDM one day. I have horribly dry hands and feet that need a lot of attention or they'll become dry and cracked. I massage this ointment into my feet, don some cotton socks and voila! Smooth feet the next morning. As a former nail biter turned cuticle picker my cuticles are always irritated and despite my constant application of cuticle cream, the tips of my fingers feel dry. Lately, I've been massaging Aquaphor into my hands and cuticles every morning. The redness around my nailbeds has diminished and the hangnails are healing.
My DD has a horrible habit of licking her lips to the point they are cracked and bleeding. Daily applications of Aquaphor to her lips heal them in a day or two. Aquaphor is a multi-functioning product. I have it in tube form and prefer that rather than the jar. It's so rich and emoillient you really just need a dab.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by ilovemakeuphowboutyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this hoping it would be my HG lip balm, but the day after I started wearing it, I now have terrible cystic acne breakouts around my lips and chin :( it did moisturize my lips very well but I haven't broken out like this before ever around my mouth so I think this is the reason why. My Neosporin Lip Health overnight treatment is very good and doesn't seem to break me out, I'll stick to that. But if Aquaphor doesn't make you break out, it definitely moisturizer very well. Now if only I could clear up and get rid of the scars that will be left. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by cbcfourfivesix

Let me start by saying..... "I hate my skin." I bought this to boost the effectiveness of my facial moisturizer once it started getting colder outside. I am using topical medications for my skin issues, which are pretty drying in and of themselves. I would add a dab of it to my daytime moisturizer and/or slather it on at night after my medication (I would wake up with a shiny face though). I tried it out for a few weeks before determining that it definitively broke me out :( Plus, it does seem to make your skin even drier than before after a few hours.

On the plus side, I've decided that it is an effective lip treatment, so that's what I use it for nowadays. I bought the 1.75oz/50g tube for about $8.00, which I found to be ridiculously cheap, especially if I just use it like chapstick. Unfortunately, I did not serve as an effective moisturizer for my face, so I'm going to have to give it a fairly low rating. Such a shame.... it really is a decent product. I might try adding a dab to my body lotion instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by michelleschulz

This stuff works great as a baby "butt-cream", too. I buy the huge tub and it lasts forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by LMdurk90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Like the reviewer below me, this stuff saved my lips when I was on Accutane. Any other lip product stung and seemed to make things worse, but it just soothed. Taste isn't that great- kind of petroleum-ish. But if you're desperate, that's a small price to pay. Great if you have extremely chapped lips or dry elbows that are so bad they hurt and crack.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by chelab90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is AMAZING! It is my HG for my incredibly dry, chapped lips.

First, about my lips. They are extremely cracked year round. When I put a lip product on them, typically it wears off in 5 minutes, and my lips are cracked, dry, and chapped again. I have tried everything from Burt's Bees to MAC Lip Treatment and Clinique All About Lips. The closest anything has come to Aquaphor to helping my lips is Laura Mericer Lip Balm and Lip Silk, but at $20 a pop and the frequency with which I had to use it, I would have had to buy one of each a month to keep up with my lips.

I discovered this lying around my house, put on my lips just because, and immediately fell in love. It works perfectly, keeps my lips moisturized for a few hours which is more than I could ask for, and has helped to improve the texture of my lips in the time that I've used it. And it's dirt cheap and lasts forever. What more could a girl ask for?!