Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 9/27/2011 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

(Am I the 1,000th review?!!?!?) I own the big tub of this stuff, rather than the tube. This is best used, I think, as a lip treatment. I bite my lips horribly, and at night I love the feeling of slathering on the chapstick to try and repair the damage I've done during my waking hours. This stuff leaves my lips plump looking and well moisturized. Good deal. Also I put some on my cuticles. I've heard you can use aquaphor to turn powder eyeshadow into a cream formula if you want, but I can't say I've tried it - seems like it would crease.

on 8/23/2011 9:33:00 AM

An all around excellent product! great value, diverse applications, and incredible performance. I use in conjunction with my eye creams, use as a lip balm, use on dry patches, and an under eye primer for concealer. A little bit goes such a long way!

Will definitely purchased and have done so time and time again!

on 6/18/2011 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the bomb! I have the most chapped lips ever and it's really challenging to find a lip moisturizer that keep my lips moisturized. I always get asked if I'm sick...:( I've tried many, many different kinds from high end product to drugstore product, and I think Aquaphor works the best- I was a bit hesistant to try this out, because it looked very similar to vaselline, and vaselline does nothing to my lips. Its consistency and texture is very similar to vaselline, however, it performs a miracle each time i put it on my lips! It also lasts very long and locks that moisture (or the oil but not greasy at all) . Highly recommended!

on 5/27/2011 2:03:00 PM

every time i get chapped lips and hands (which happens quite often)this product is the only one that i can rely on to moist and heal them within days.Even regular lip palms don't work as well as this.It literally heals my skin within one day.This product is a miracle!!!!!!!i will always keep extra on-the-go tubes w me everywhere i gooooo<3

on 5/24/2011 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Aquaphor is a GODSEND! I use it exclusively as a lip moisturizer (I find the ointment consistency to be too greasy for anywhere else on my body). I started using it when I was on Accutane and my lips were dry and crackling. Aquaphor was the only thing that soothed my dry lips and kept them moisturized while I finished treatment. I use Aquaphor now nightly before bed, and keeps my lips smooth. In the summertime I do prefer a lip balm with an SPF in it; otherwise, Aquaphor is my main go-to year-round.

on 4/18/2011 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I consider Aquaphor a necessity. For about I year I had very itchy skin that I would even scratch while sleeping. I tried every lotion, oil, and cream that I thought might work. While each made my skin soft, nothing stopped the itching until I started using Aquaphor at my dermatologist's recommendation. I use it everyday on my legs, arms, and sparingly on my face. While it is initially gloopy, after a few minutes my skin just feels well hydrated. It has made a huge difference in how my skin feels and I will continue to purchase forever. I tend to buy the CVS knockoff because it is cheaper and actually slightly prefer it.

on 4/9/2011 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I typically used this product only on my lips or dry patches since it seemed too heavy and greasy for general moisturizing. When the winter beat the hell out of my hands I decided to use this as a bedtime hand moisturizer. Wow! In the morning it looked as though I had gotten a manicure in my sleep. My cuticles grow quickly and are therefore often dry but this deep conditioning also helps them exfoliate better. On application it is thick and greasy but within 15 minutes it absorbs into a satiny feel. It is now a ritual. Love this product!

on 3/23/2011 11:55:00 PM

This is hands down the best lip treatment I've ever used. A dermatologist recommended this to a friend of mine for her severely chapped lips, and it worked so well that I've been using it ever since. I buy it in the 10g tubes, which is the perfect size for pockets and purses. This product saves my lips when they are chapped beyond what chapstick and other lip balms can repair.

on 3/15/2011 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

What can I say that hasn't already been said? This stuff is AMAZING! It has the consistency of Vaseline, but not as oily. Whatever part of my body I put this on, it will be smooth and moisturized. As a hand moisturizer its a little heavy and sticky for wearing during the day. But when I put it on at night, I wake up with soft hands, feet, legs, etc.

Bottom Line: A little too heavy for daytime wear, but perfect for the cold winter months and wearing at nighttime! Will repurchase.

on 3/13/2011 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Why did i not know abt. this product all my life till 2 weeks ago? Before you girls/guys can read my novel, nice and simple-Everyone should go buy one of these-if you find it too greasy for your lips, you can use it somewhere else(feet, hands..etc.). So I grew up thinking chapstick was the only cure for my dry, chapped, peeling, lips. I mean i tried all the chapstick flavors out there nd blistex,carmex,softlips, things with menthol nd things w/o menthol..you know all the drugstore ones as well as vsecret and bodyworks. Strawberry, cherry chapstick was the only one that worked but I had to apply it every 1 hr. I was fed up, I couldn't wear any kind of lipgloss or lipstick too because it would clump together with the lippie in the corners of my lips..ugly.. (..eww..made me look like i had some disease..ps-i am a healthy individual). Eventually when i moved to Texas, chapstick wouldn't work on me anymore.. my lips got used to it or it is the heat..idk.. I tried simple vaseline, it was excellent, but i could not wear lipstick bcause the true lipstick color would not show up, vaseline is heavy nd greasy. Don't get me wrong vaseline is still very good in treating chapped lips but not sure if it will work with lipsticks and glosses for everybody. After doing some research online, Aquaphor healing ointment is the only name that seems to pop up very frequently for the cure for dry, chapped lips. Wow this product is AMAZINGGG... it will keep your lips moist.. little goes a long way..it looks like vaseline but it is in a tube.. i think it is a thinner consistency..it does not smell like anything..I am sure this can help anybody..if you do not like to carry the tube around..wear it at night.. in the morning you will have beautiful smooth lips...you can wear this under any lipsticks and it will show through...you don't have to worry abt. lipstick and balm clumping together... so go get yourself one..they even have travel sizes..around 4-6 bucks..the tube will last you a very long time... sorry for the long review.. i truly love this product..healthy, clean, smooth beautiful lips..