April 17, 2014 | 1471 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is a MUST for me. It moisturizes everything extremely well.

Now that I'm on Accutane, I constantly use Aquaphor for lips, dry spots, even the insides of my nose to prevent nose bleeding.

Will never stop buying! (Even though one jar lasts forever...)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by jdruler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was introduced to this when I went on accutane over a year ago and still use it and got my husband in on it too. When I was on accutane, it was the ONLY thing could even get close to combating my lips' dryness. Now that I live in the north, as of last year, I use it as a lip balm and on my hands (too sticky to wear in the day, frankly, unless necessary). We use it on our feet, faces, lips, and just about anywhere. I also use it on my eyelids and around my eye area altogether since I often wear makeup there which can be drying. Hopefully it'll stave off wrinkles in the long run too?

Some say it is over glorified vaseline but simply can not be said. Firstly, vaseline is only seals in moisture, but does not moisturize by itself. Aquaphor is both a moisturizer and it seals in the moisture. When I was on accutane, I was at my then-fiance's house and forgot my aquaphor and the only thing they had was vaseline and my lips were RAW and burning. I put some on before I went to sleep and when I woke up my lips were still raw. I finally got some aquaphor and I was a happy camper again.

A little goes a long way and the product will last you a very long time. Hubby and I use the jar nightly and a year later, are only half way through.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by jennynucity

I love to use this product for my dry feet and elbows. It works like a charm - put a little on at night and wake up with soft and smooth skin. I have severly dry elbows - cracking/scaling, pretty nasty. This is the only thing I have found that will heal and soften them. Initially I applied this for 5 - 6 nights in a row, that was enough to heal them. Now I just use it a few times a week to maintain the soft skin.

After application, it will feel a little greasy, which is why I put it on at bedtime. By morning, the greasiness is gone and smooth skin remains!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Leeah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely swear by Aquaphor! Fairly recently I was put on Accutane and that's when I was first introduced to Aquaphor. Accutane dried me out like it does everyone, but I was put on it over winter. My lips so got dry, they started to crack and bleed. It hurt to talk, smile, and even move! My dermatologist saw this at my next appointment and he gave me some sample sized Aquaphor, telling me it could be used on my lips and skin. Before Aquaphor, I was trying every lotion and chapstick-like product out there. Nothing really worked. Aquaphor has literally saved my lips and skin from the drying effects of not only Accutane, but of winter.

I use it all year round. It's great because a little bit goes so far and it lasts really well. It also doesn't taste, which is an added bonus in my opinion. I also like it because it's shiny so it almost is like a lip gloss, too!

As far as using it for a lotion, I use it as night only because it is shiny. I use it wherever I tend to get dry, and also around my eyes. I don't glop the stuff on, but I try to rub it in as if it were a regular lotion. I also find it's great for cuticles. Just a little bit makes them feel and look better, especially if they're dry.

It's great stuff and I hope it never gets discontinued. I recommend it to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by sofabulous

Just purchased this due to great reviews as an eye cream. I have Shiseido Eye Cream which is tres expensive, so this $4.99 large bottle of aquaphor was a steal! I have applied it around my eyelids each night and my skin feels hydrated. I read somewhere that this is not petroleum jelly like vaseline, it's a different type. It's a key ingredient in other expensive eye creams. I read in a magazine that the editor swears by this for her eye cream! Anyway, I also used it on my back because I had some skin peel off and it was hurting a lot because it was open. The next day it was completely healed! I'm gonna use this on my chapped lips and feet next :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by dancingdp

Greasy like Vaseline!
I have tried to love this but I just don't get it! Doses not heal my chapped hands. I have tried everything. Weleda Skin Food so far is superior to others.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by jessae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure how to rate this, I had a very mixed experience with it. My lips got really chapped and the bottom lip split down the middle, Aquaphor was the only thing I had in the house that was really moisturizing, I had a small sample tube, so I put some of that all over my lips. The pain was immediately relieved, so I kept putting it on for the next several days. I've never seen my lips heal so quickly. However, on the last 2 days that I was using it I started noticing a small rash developing on my upper lip, like little tiny scaly bumps, so I stopped using it, and then both of my lips became extremely dry and flaky! So I used my Caudalie Lip Conditioner for a few days, and they're finally starting to feel normal again. To be honest I'd probably use this again if my lips were really chapped or split because nothing else relieved the pain and healed it so quickly, but I'd only use it on the affected areas, and use it as little as possible, as it seems after several days my lips became dependent and yet allergic at the same time. *shrug*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by jawbreaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this! I started using this after hearing a bunch of raves about it and it does not disappoint! I originally started using this as a lip balm and you can usually find a set of 3 little tubes for sale in a small box at Walmart, Walgreens, Meijer, etc. This is great for on the go and to keep at your vanity. It has a thick consistency but absorbs well and doesn't irritate or have a scent. Unlike most lip balms, this really seems to moisturize well and lasts. I have since started using this anywhere I have drier skin: cuticles, hands, feet, etc. If using it on hands, feet, etc it does take a second for it to absorb since it is thick but it really does a nice job at smoothing and moisturizing. I have purchased the original and healing ointment but do not know what the difference is and didn't notice a difference between the two....usually the store has only one or the other so I just get what they have in stock. This also lasts a long time so it is worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by rpinto323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Everyone should own a jar of this. It has about 20 different uses and is really affordable. I use this as a lip balm, on my cuticles, on chapped hands and feet, rough patches of skin anywhere, on burns, around my hairline to protect my skin when I color my hair, and tons more. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by yellowjello

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I'm totally amazed by the negative reviews on this product. I have to say, Aquaphor works pretty great on chapped lips, especially when you put it on before going to sleep. I use it every night, and also put some on every morning before I leave the house. I don't need to put on any other lip treatment throughout the day, other than something just for the SPF. Yes, it feels kind of icky sticky on, but it will keep my lips from getting chapped. Also, it makes my lips look nice, as if I have a pretty lip gloss on. Aquaphor also works on dry skin, cuts, or even just a rough patch of skin. If you have new shoes you just broke in and it gave you blisters, it'll help (I tested it just applying it on one side and it healed one foot about 3x faster than the other foot). <3 BUT, it does seem to last a long time, and you don't want to be using an expired product, so I would buy the small tubes, or the small tub.