Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 11/2/2012 2:19:00 AM

Wow! This is my new HG skin remedy for dry skin! I've been getting really dry patches on my hands recently. I wash my hands a ton everyday because I work in healthcare which really dries them out. I slather this on at night and after a few days the bumps and dry patches started to disappear. NOTHING else worked. Every hand cream I owned just felt like it was sitting on my skin. My hands feel soft and smooth again. AMAZING PRODUCT. I definitely recommend.

on 7/5/2012 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The best of the best! I have extremely dry skin and this has helped me throughout my entire life. Seriously! My parents have been putting this on me since I was a baby. Yes, it's heavy and yes, it can be messy, but it works so well. Use it for everything!

on 6/28/2012 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

OMYGOSH this stuff is AMAZING.I had really chapped lips and I remember crying because my lips were always irritated and dry. But I have been using this stuff since Grade 4 and it has never let me down. I always put it on throughout the day and before I go to sleep. So yea definitely recommended :D

I use it after I wash my teeth on my lips and then put on lipstick. I like it instead of Vaseline.

on 4/1/2012 1:08:00 PM

This stuff is fannnntastic. For lips, makeup removal, dry flakey patches..etc Its non comodeogenic as well! (wont clog pores). This is such a fantastic product with so many uses. I'll always repurchase

on 3/13/2012 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Good staple product to have around the house. Since I've bought this, I've used it for the following things:
*dry/chapped/flaking lips - I'd put some on after my shower when my lips are at their driest. When they are flaky, I'd slather this on and rub gently with a wet washcloth. Voila, smooth, soft lips! Also a good winter lip balm.
*ezcema - It didn't necessarily make that big nasty patch on the back of my neck go away, but it kept it from itching, looking ashy, and getting worse
*miscellaneous dry patches on face and body - a thin layer under regular moisturizer works great!
All in all, a generally good ash-banisher that isn't quite as greasy as straight petroleum jelly. A little goes a long way, making this a good value.

on 2/28/2012 7:40:00 PM

This comes in a tub or a tube. I prefer the tube to dipping my finger in a tub and getting the product underneath my fingernail. You can also buy this product in the baby section of the pharmacy as it can be used for a diaper rash and it's exactly the same product. The consistency is very thick sticky vaseline. Sounds unpleasant - but this WORKS. It holds the moisture in. I live in Vermont, so I may appreciate stronger products in the winter - and this stuff really works. I use it as a night cream and a hand cream. It warms on your skin and then you can massage it in, it leaves a protective barrier on your skin. Definitely does what it is intended to do.

on 2/13/2012 6:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am among the many converts to this lip product. I use the Aquaphor Healing Ointment in the lip tube, not the Aquaphor Lip Treatment. It works! I have sensitive lips, and this stopped rampant chapping and peeling overnight. Be careful to stay within the lip lines - I got some blackheads around my lips until I got used to it. As other reviewers have said, it works on dry patches as well. This is my HG lip product. I wish the two-tube pack was not so expensive for the amount of product you get, compared to the gigantic, cheap tubs. I solved this problem by scooping it from the tub into the tiny plastic cosmetic sampler pots you can get at makeup counters.

on 2/1/2012 2:00:00 PM

This is one product that I will continue to buy over and over again. I have very dry, chapped lips and I have tried almost everything to keep them hydrated ( even high end lip balms) . This is the only product that works like magic , I put it on overnight and the next morning my lips are soft , hydrated and healthy looking. The texture is very thick so you don't need to use a lot of product and it stays on all night. It comes in a tube so you don't have stick your finger in the whole product. As far as the price goes, it might seem a bit pricey for a drug store product , but one tube lasts for long time . I would definitely but this again and if you are not sure about this , just try it once and won't regret it!

This past summer I skimped out on sunblock during a gondola trip up into the Canadian mountains. As a result, my face was moderately wind burned and bright red. Luckily the sun burn developed many hours after the ride and well past dinner. My sister happened to pack a tub of aquaphor with her since she had recently gotten a tattoo and needed an occlusive and emollient substance to lock in the moisture in her skin. Although my skin is combination oily I was able to use this product without experiencing any breakouts. Within a day of the incident my redness subsided and there was no blotchiness on my skin to suggest that I even had a sunburn. During the winter in college my skin becomes very dry to the point where I develop dry skin flakes around my temples, between my brows, and around my mouth region. My skin is currently sensitive to almost any moisturizer I put on and this ointment is the only thing that doesn't irritate my skin. Will definitely keep repurchasing :D this doesn't make my skin look greasy at all! It absorbs well.
Update: (2/9/2012): I can't use this too often or with gentle cleansers or else I will break out a little.