August 30, 2014 | 1744 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 4:02:00 AM More reviews by yuphehe

My go to product with semi irritated skin. I use it like how I would vaseline, but this is better packaged. It also doesn't feel as heavy if you use in large quantities, like smother all over face. Sometimes I use it as a primer for concealer because my concealers tend to cake when i smile while my foudation is fine. I usually conceal my ezcema rashes, so aquaphor is very important in that aspect. I use this to fix my makeup as well, like smeared liner etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 4:34:00 AM More reviews by jackjack828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

THANK YOU EUCERIN!!!!!! I have extremely dry skin. Especially now after moving to WA, this place is either too cold, or too hot. Either way my skin is always in bad shape. After using every kind of moisturizer (i.e. Cetaphil, Aveno, Bag balm, etc) THIS is the only one that works. Extremely worth the price ($16.99 at rite aid, but i got it for BoGo) I got the 14oz, and 6 months later, it still not half way down. I use it ALL over my body, face, lips, etc. I can't live without this product.

I was hesitant to buy this at first, coz i used to use the original eucerin, and it didn't really help my skin at all, but after ready soooooo many reviews on this product, finally decided to give it a go, and I'm sooooo glad i did.

I recommend using this after doing the aspirin mask. My face is now baby smooth. I love you Aquaphor. lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by surberae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product since I was a kid and it was prescribed to me by my doctor. Yes, it used to only be available by prescription. As a child I suffered from extreme chapped lips that only had relief by licking which cause painful soars around my lips. My mother tried Vaseline and chap stick hoping it would relieve my problem. It was torture to have your lips burning constantly. I was saved when my doctor prescribed me Aquaphor. I always have a tub and a tube in my bathroom. It literally works on everything from razor burn, sun burn to dry skin. Recently a co-worker was suffering from a rash on her upper lip and mentioned that she had tried everything and searched the Internet. I suggested Aquaphor because it look liked just the thing I would put Aquaphor on as I have been using it for most of my life. She called me over the weekend to tell me that her rash cleared up. I call it my magic cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 2:53:00 AM More reviews by candy_hunter

I was introduced to Aquaphor by my dermatologist. After a mole removal on my face, my derm gave me a sample-sized tube of this. I was told to constantly keep the wound moisturized with this, so the scab never dries, and the healing process will be much faster with minimal scarring. And my derm was right! I used it just like how she told me to, and now there is barely a scar, and the wounded area healed very quickly. Now I use it on my lips (works just like Kiehl's), and after I pop a pimple to prevent scarring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is a MUST for me. It moisturizes everything extremely well.

Now that I'm on Accutane, I constantly use Aquaphor for lips, dry spots, even the insides of my nose to prevent nose bleeding.

Will never stop buying! (Even though one jar lasts forever...)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by jdruler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was introduced to this when I went on accutane over a year ago and still use it and got my husband in on it too. When I was on accutane, it was the ONLY thing could even get close to combating my lips' dryness. Now that I live in the north, as of last year, I use it as a lip balm and on my hands (too sticky to wear in the day, frankly, unless necessary). We use it on our feet, faces, lips, and just about anywhere. I also use it on my eyelids and around my eye area altogether since I often wear makeup there which can be drying. Hopefully it'll stave off wrinkles in the long run too?

Some say it is over glorified vaseline but simply can not be said. Firstly, vaseline is only seals in moisture, but does not moisturize by itself. Aquaphor is both a moisturizer and it seals in the moisture. When I was on accutane, I was at my then-fiance's house and forgot my aquaphor and the only thing they had was vaseline and my lips were RAW and burning. I put some on before I went to sleep and when I woke up my lips were still raw. I finally got some aquaphor and I was a happy camper again.

A little goes a long way and the product will last you a very long time. Hubby and I use the jar nightly and a year later, are only half way through.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by jennynucity

I love to use this product for my dry feet and elbows. It works like a charm - put a little on at night and wake up with soft and smooth skin. I have severly dry elbows - cracking/scaling, pretty nasty. This is the only thing I have found that will heal and soften them. Initially I applied this for 5 - 6 nights in a row, that was enough to heal them. Now I just use it a few times a week to maintain the soft skin.

After application, it will feel a little greasy, which is why I put it on at bedtime. By morning, the greasiness is gone and smooth skin remains!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Leeah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely swear by Aquaphor! Fairly recently I was put on Accutane and that's when I was first introduced to Aquaphor. Accutane dried me out like it does everyone, but I was put on it over winter. My lips so got dry, they started to crack and bleed. It hurt to talk, smile, and even move! My dermatologist saw this at my next appointment and he gave me some sample sized Aquaphor, telling me it could be used on my lips and skin. Before Aquaphor, I was trying every lotion and chapstick-like product out there. Nothing really worked. Aquaphor has literally saved my lips and skin from the drying effects of not only Accutane, but of winter.

I use it all year round. It's great because a little bit goes so far and it lasts really well. It also doesn't taste, which is an added bonus in my opinion. I also like it because it's shiny so it almost is like a lip gloss, too!

As far as using it for a lotion, I use it as night only because it is shiny. I use it wherever I tend to get dry, and also around my eyes. I don't glop the stuff on, but I try to rub it in as if it were a regular lotion. I also find it's great for cuticles. Just a little bit makes them feel and look better, especially if they're dry.

It's great stuff and I hope it never gets discontinued. I recommend it to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by sofabulous

Just purchased this due to great reviews as an eye cream. I have Shiseido Eye Cream which is tres expensive, so this $4.99 large bottle of aquaphor was a steal! I have applied it around my eyelids each night and my skin feels hydrated. I read somewhere that this is not petroleum jelly like vaseline, it's a different type. It's a key ingredient in other expensive eye creams. I read in a magazine that the editor swears by this for her eye cream! Anyway, I also used it on my back because I had some skin peel off and it was hurting a lot because it was open. The next day it was completely healed! I'm gonna use this on my chapped lips and feet next :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by dancingdp

Greasy like Vaseline!
I have tried to love this but I just don't get it! Doses not heal my chapped hands. I have tried everything. Weleda Skin Food so far is superior to others.