December 20, 2014 | 1370 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Tina68

Bought this on a whim while shopping at SDM one day. I have horribly dry hands and feet that need a lot of attention or they'll become dry and cracked. I massage this ointment into my feet, don some cotton socks and voila! Smooth feet the next morning. As a former nail biter turned cuticle picker my cuticles are always irritated and despite my constant application of cuticle cream, the tips of my fingers feel dry. Lately, I've been massaging Aquaphor into my hands and cuticles every morning. The redness around my nailbeds has diminished and the hangnails are healing.
My DD has a horrible habit of licking her lips to the point they are cracked and bleeding. Daily applications of Aquaphor to her lips heal them in a day or two. Aquaphor is a multi-functioning product. I have it in tube form and prefer that rather than the jar. It's so rich and emoillient you really just need a dab.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by ilovemakeuphowboutyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this hoping it would be my HG lip balm, but the day after I started wearing it, I now have terrible cystic acne breakouts around my lips and chin :( it did moisturize my lips very well but I haven't broken out like this before ever around my mouth so I think this is the reason why. My Neosporin Lip Health overnight treatment is very good and doesn't seem to break me out, I'll stick to that. But if Aquaphor doesn't make you break out, it definitely moisturizer very well. Now if only I could clear up and get rid of the scars that will be left. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by cbcfourfivesix

Let me start by saying..... "I hate my skin." I bought this to boost the effectiveness of my facial moisturizer once it started getting colder outside. I am using topical medications for my skin issues, which are pretty drying in and of themselves. I would add a dab of it to my daytime moisturizer and/or slather it on at night after my medication (I would wake up with a shiny face though). I tried it out for a few weeks before determining that it definitively broke me out :( Plus, it does seem to make your skin even drier than before after a few hours.

On the plus side, I've decided that it is an effective lip treatment, so that's what I use it for nowadays. I bought the 1.75oz/50g tube for about $8.00, which I found to be ridiculously cheap, especially if I just use it like chapstick. Unfortunately, I did not serve as an effective moisturizer for my face, so I'm going to have to give it a fairly low rating. Such a shame.... it really is a decent product. I might try adding a dab to my body lotion instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by michelleschulz

This stuff works great as a baby "butt-cream", too. I buy the huge tub and it lasts forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by LMdurk90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Like the reviewer below me, this stuff saved my lips when I was on Accutane. Any other lip product stung and seemed to make things worse, but it just soothed. Taste isn't that great- kind of petroleum-ish. But if you're desperate, that's a small price to pay. Great if you have extremely chapped lips or dry elbows that are so bad they hurt and crack.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by chelab90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is AMAZING! It is my HG for my incredibly dry, chapped lips.

First, about my lips. They are extremely cracked year round. When I put a lip product on them, typically it wears off in 5 minutes, and my lips are cracked, dry, and chapped again. I have tried everything from Burt's Bees to MAC Lip Treatment and Clinique All About Lips. The closest anything has come to Aquaphor to helping my lips is Laura Mericer Lip Balm and Lip Silk, but at $20 a pop and the frequency with which I had to use it, I would have had to buy one of each a month to keep up with my lips.

I discovered this lying around my house, put on my lips just because, and immediately fell in love. It works perfectly, keeps my lips moisturized for a few hours which is more than I could ask for, and has helped to improve the texture of my lips in the time that I've used it. And it's dirt cheap and lasts forever. What more could a girl ask for?!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by dapich

This product is one of the only products I can't live without. I first got this product to use on my sons dry patches because he has eczema. I started using it on my constantly chapped lips before bedtime and in the am and my chapped lips are no more. I mean I used to get peeling sometimes cracked lips in the winter and since using this product my lips are always soft. I know the ingredients are not all natural but this works.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Kymiwins

I have the worse chapped lips. They are just naturally dry and cracked all the time. This stuff is amazing. I put it on my lips at night, in the morning, I put it on while I am doing my make up and blot it off before I apply my lipstick, basically I don't know of a bad time to use it.

I also get big patches of dry skin. I put some of this on before bed and it is gone in the morning.

I haven't any negative effects, but my boyfriend has. He has very sensitive skin, and when he put a bit on some dry skin near his nose, he woke up with a bright red rash. I still have him put it on his hands though, and they have been just fine.

I really love this stuff. For the price, it can't be beat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is a godsend. I originally bought it as a moisturizer for my very dry, peeling and flaking feet in the winter. Slathered it on with socks, left on overnight and voila! Feet back to normal.

Fast forward six months to the sticky summer heat, giving me chafing on my legs. Aquaphor soothed the irritation, calmed the rash and brought the redness down.

Now I have an on-it's-last-legs tube that had to be used as a stand-in when I got a sunburn the other day. (I usually use Noxema, which is great at bringing the heat and color down. ) So I broke out the Aquaphor and it really did a nice job of restoring the moisture balance, bringing down the color and cutting down the time I spent actively glowing red, radiating heat.

I'm really pleased at what an effective, multipurpose product it is. Definitely going to be a staple in my bathroom/first aid kit in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

love this for my cuticles. I've been using it nightly over lotion and it really does keep them soft. it's greasy at first, but it sinks in, in about 10 minutes. I haven't tried it for anything else, but for a cheap cuticle treatment it's very good.