Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 12/11/2011 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My lips were bleeding today because of dry winter weather. I picked this up, after reading reviews, and I love it! My lips are baby sort, and it's only been a few hours since I bought it. I'm shocked it works so well. When I first put it on I didn't love it because it's thicker than Vaseline, but it's great if I use less! I thought it was kind of expensive, so I almost bought the Target brand, but this was on sale and 20c cheaper haha. So glad I found this! I'm allergic to fragrance and have never been able to find anything other than Vaseline to use, which only protects, this moisturizes as well. I'll try it on my hands and face and update this review.

on 11/29/2011 10:25:00 PM

For me this gave no better results that plain vaseline. It was thinner in consistency than normal vaseline and didn't stay on my lips long enough, and I prefer to use lanolin cream for dry irritated spots on my body. I can certainly see how people would use it for healing things like tattoos or helping to prevent scar tissue forming, but it just doesn't cut it for me.

on 11/11/2011 9:08:00 PM

Not sure why it took me so long to try this product as the reviews are excellent. At any rate I am so very happy I purchased 2 of the .35 oz tubes, one for the purse and one bedside. Been using on lips and they are so happy and moist. Gonna purchase more for dd and dh for winter chapped lips as it's such a lovely product and works really well. I also tapped a bit in under eyes at bedtime, by a.m. my under eye area looked lovely and smooth without any irritation (which is rare) ;) Adding: 2/2012 Picked up a large size of Aquaphor as it is really good on any area that needs extra moisture in dry winter months; knees, elbows, hands, etc.

on 10/19/2011 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I love this stuff!! instant comfort for dry lips. Also my hands get extremely dry due to constantly washing my hands, and I slather it on my hands before I sleep. Much softer and younger looking hands. This is also a great product for when tattoos are in their healing period. Relieves the itch! Definite great product would buy again.

LOVE this stuff! I previously used it on my tattoo when it was in the "cracking and peeling" phase, after the tattoo artist recommended I do so. More recently, I had a horrible reaction on my lips that caused them to be very dry and had very tiny bumps on them. I tried everything. Burt's Bees, Blistex, Chapstick, Vaseline Lip Therapy, Neosporin Lip Therapy, etc, etc. None of those worked. I normally use Burt's Bees, but it just wasn't cutting it. I applied this, and LITERALLY within hours, my lips were already healing. This stuff is great!

on 10/12/2011 8:56:00 AM

I've been using this as my in-purse hand lotion for a while now. It's a bit on the pricy side, but I like that it's thick and just a little bit greasy-I hate how some lotions feel like you didn't put anything on like 2 minutes later. Another major plus is that it works GREAT as a lip balm, so it's super convenient. Would definitely buy again. I'd recommend this for people with dry skin who aren't looking for a light lotion. I imagine this would also be great for hands after washing dishes.

on 9/27/2011 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

(Am I the 1,000th review?!!?!?) I own the big tub of this stuff, rather than the tube. This is best used, I think, as a lip treatment. I bite my lips horribly, and at night I love the feeling of slathering on the chapstick to try and repair the damage I've done during my waking hours. This stuff leaves my lips plump looking and well moisturized. Good deal. Also I put some on my cuticles. I've heard you can use aquaphor to turn powder eyeshadow into a cream formula if you want, but I can't say I've tried it - seems like it would crease.

on 8/23/2011 9:33:00 AM

An all around excellent product! great value, diverse applications, and incredible performance. I use in conjunction with my eye creams, use as a lip balm, use on dry patches, and an under eye primer for concealer. A little bit goes such a long way!

Will definitely purchased and have done so time and time again!

on 6/18/2011 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the bomb! I have the most chapped lips ever and it's really challenging to find a lip moisturizer that keep my lips moisturized. I always get asked if I'm sick...:( I've tried many, many different kinds from high end product to drugstore product, and I think Aquaphor works the best- I was a bit hesistant to try this out, because it looked very similar to vaselline, and vaselline does nothing to my lips. Its consistency and texture is very similar to vaselline, however, it performs a miracle each time i put it on my lips! It also lasts very long and locks that moisture (or the oil but not greasy at all) . Highly recommended!

on 5/27/2011 2:03:00 PM

every time i get chapped lips and hands (which happens quite often)this product is the only one that i can rely on to moist and heal them within days.Even regular lip palms don't work as well as this.It literally heals my skin within one day.This product is a miracle!!!!!!!i will always keep extra on-the-go tubes w me everywhere i gooooo<3