Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment

4.7

Active Ingredients: Petrolatum (41%) (Skin Protectant [Ointment]) Inactive Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Panthenol, Glycerin, Bisabolol

on 4/18/2011 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I consider Aquaphor a necessity. For about I year I had very itchy skin that I would even scratch while sleeping. I tried every lotion, oil, and cream that I thought might work. While each made my skin soft, nothing stopped the itching until I started using Aquaphor at my dermatologist's recommendation. I use it everyday on my legs, arms, and sparingly on my face. While it is initially gloopy, after a few minutes my skin just feels well hydrated. It has made a huge difference in how my skin feels and I will continue to purchase forever. I tend to buy the CVS knockoff because it is cheaper and actually slightly prefer it.

on 4/9/2011 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I typically used this product only on my lips or dry patches since it seemed too heavy and greasy for general moisturizing. When the winter beat the hell out of my hands I decided to use this as a bedtime hand moisturizer. Wow! In the morning it looked as though I had gotten a manicure in my sleep. My cuticles grow quickly and are therefore often dry but this deep conditioning also helps them exfoliate better. On application it is thick and greasy but within 15 minutes it absorbs into a satiny feel. It is now a ritual. Love this product!

on 3/23/2011 11:55:00 PM

This is hands down the best lip treatment I've ever used. A dermatologist recommended this to a friend of mine for her severely chapped lips, and it worked so well that I've been using it ever since. I buy it in the 10g tubes, which is the perfect size for pockets and purses. This product saves my lips when they are chapped beyond what chapstick and other lip balms can repair.

on 3/15/2011 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

What can I say that hasn't already been said? This stuff is AMAZING! It has the consistency of Vaseline, but not as oily. Whatever part of my body I put this on, it will be smooth and moisturized. As a hand moisturizer its a little heavy and sticky for wearing during the day. But when I put it on at night, I wake up with soft hands, feet, legs, etc.

Bottom Line: A little too heavy for daytime wear, but perfect for the cold winter months and wearing at nighttime! Will repurchase.

on 3/13/2011 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Why did i not know abt. this product all my life till 2 weeks ago? Before you girls/guys can read my novel, nice and simple-Everyone should go buy one of these-if you find it too greasy for your lips, you can use it somewhere else(feet, hands..etc.). So I grew up thinking chapstick was the only cure for my dry, chapped, peeling, lips. I mean i tried all the chapstick flavors out there nd blistex,carmex,softlips, things with menthol nd things w/o menthol..you know all the drugstore ones as well as vsecret and bodyworks. Strawberry, cherry chapstick was the only one that worked but I had to apply it every 1 hr. I was fed up, I couldn't wear any kind of lipgloss or lipstick too because it would clump together with the lippie in the corners of my lips..ugly.. (..eww..made me look like i had some disease..ps-i am a healthy individual). Eventually when i moved to Texas, chapstick wouldn't work on me anymore.. my lips got used to it or it is the heat..idk.. I tried simple vaseline, it was excellent, but i could not wear lipstick bcause the true lipstick color would not show up, vaseline is heavy nd greasy. Don't get me wrong vaseline is still very good in treating chapped lips but not sure if it will work with lipsticks and glosses for everybody. After doing some research online, Aquaphor healing ointment is the only name that seems to pop up very frequently for the cure for dry, chapped lips. Wow this product is AMAZINGGG... it will keep your lips moist.. little goes a long way..it looks like vaseline but it is in a tube.. i think it is a thinner consistency..it does not smell like anything..I am sure this can help anybody..if you do not like to carry the tube around..wear it at night.. in the morning you will have beautiful smooth lips...you can wear this under any lipsticks and it will show through...you don't have to worry abt. lipstick and balm clumping together... so go get yourself one..they even have travel sizes..around 4-6 bucks..the tube will last you a very long time... sorry for the long review.. i truly love this product..healthy, clean, smooth beautiful lips..

on 3/4/2011 1:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

How I went this first 32 years of my life without using this, I don't know. I have been plagued my entire life with super dry skin and eczema. This stuff is amazing. So moisturizing. It goes on thick and does feel a little greasy until it absorbs into your skin, but the pay off is SO worth it.
I use this on my lips, hands... everywhere. Sometimes eczema tries to pop up on my face just above my eyelids and I use it there too. Usually cures it in 2-3 days.
love love love this product.

on 3/1/2011 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I prefer Vaseline. Aquaphor doesn't moisturize my lips as well, has a stickier, thicker texture. Sits on my skin in a thick, shiny layer. It's great that it works so well for other people. There seems to be very little reason that this product would heal much better than Vaseline. From what I understand, their healing benefit comes from sealing out the bad and keeping in the good, essentially. The inactive ingredients are moisturizers/skin conditioners (glycerin, lanolin alcohol, panthenol, etc), and one ingredient known for its anti-inflammatory benefits (bisabolol). Bisabolol is in lots of products, so definitely do not go running out to the store to buy Aquaphor for this magical ingredient. However, contrary to what I expected, when I apply Aquaphor on large portions of my face, sometimes my face becomes itchy and irritated. I also do not find it soothes my frequent hives and sensitive, SD skin or heals dry skin from winter weather and retinoid treatment. Bisabolol is either not effective for me, or not effective in this concentration. The ingredients are more occlusive than Vaseline's (ceresin is a wax and a possible cause of irritation). And lastly, lanolin alcohol can cause acne for some.

The hype tells me that this should be my miracle product, but the results are just not there. It's just an OK product to me.

If you have chapped lips or dry, cracked skin, you must get this product! I struggled with chapped lips in winter until I tried this product. I prep my lips with it before applying a nude lipstick. The lipstick applies more smoothly over Aquaphor. I also wear each it night while I sleep. Problem solved! When my hands get dry from too much washing in cold weather, I apply this on top of Cerave, and my hands return to normal.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Oh, is this the best product or what? If my lips are feeling winter-rough, I'll put on lip balm and more lip balm - and nothing. Then I'll grab my tube of Aquaphor & apply a bit to lips before bed. Boom, they're silky smooth by the next morning. Sometimes I'll apply it to the eye & mouth area at night, too, if I've run out of emu oil. Unlike plain ol' Vaseline (which is 100% petrolatum), Aquaphor with its 41% petrolatum base along with other helpers like mineral oil, ceresin, lanolin, panthenol, glycerin & bisabolol is all-around just an excellent staple. It's more expensive than Vaseline, and should be. But a 3-ounce bottle lasts forever, and I wouldn't be without it.

on 1/6/2011 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is amazing. Its so moisturizing and healing that my husband and I use it to aid the healing of our tattoos. Its actually the number one product they recommend for new tattoos. Its super creamy and it stays put. Great stuff!