August 28, 2014 | 1719 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Frost - Angel

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2010 2:45:00 AM More reviews by crumblepie

Along with Hue and Freckletone, Angel is one of my favorite MAC lipsticks. In the tube, it looks like a purplish midtone pink, but on your lips it is the perfect baby pink colour with a teeny hint of mauve. It's a frost, but the shimmer is minimal, thank god. The only thing is, it lasts no longer than 15 minutes on me before I have to reapply. But I think it's worth it! :)
Oh, and for reference, I'm an NC 20. but I think Angel would suit almost anyone, although if you are really tan it might wash you out a bit.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by dapich

This color looked like the perfect everyday pink I was looking for, but quickly disappointed me upon first application. I am NC44 45 and this makes me look washed out. My sis said it made my lips purple. This may look better on lighter skin tones or with the right liner and lipgloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by ju1i4nn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Angel is my second favorite MAC lipstick (right behind Creme Cup.) It's a great everyday color that's very flattering on the lips. Sometimes I wear this on it's own, but I tend to top it with a nice gloss. I was worried it wouldn't look good on me since I'm pretty pale (NW20) but nope -- it looks great! Definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 2:10:00 AM More reviews by bluenote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This frosty pink is flirty and very girly. However, the frost formula can be pretty drying, so a good balm underneath is essential.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by jennifur75

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not a regular lipstick wearer, but after trying Angel by MAC, I absolutely love this. It feels good on my lips, it gives me a nice, natural color and I love the MAC tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by bellagemma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For me (nc37-40), this as a tad bit too light...washed me out a little. I used a darker pink lipliner (just some random revlon rose one) and it looked better. Also, if I use a darker gloss on top, it looks okay.

Not one to just slather on though if you are darker like me-you might look a little white-lipped. Looks gorgeous on lighter tones though!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Bambiina

Perfect everyday pink. Im in love with this color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by ellesk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ah, Angel... sadly, you have not turned out to be the pink-toned gift from above I had hoped you would be.
My experience with Angel seems to be fairly different than that of the many reviews below. The first difference is that, to me, Angel IS a Frost. Perhaps it's not quite the shimmer-bomb that some of MAC's other frosts tend to be, but it has a definite frostiness to it that Mattes, Satins, Lustres & Glazes certainly lack. It's this texture, coupled with the somewhat less-than-flattering color, that make me incredibly lukewarm about the product.
While it looks like an incredibly creamy, lovely soft pink when swatched, something about it on my lips is... off. Herein lies the second issue. Perhaps it's a touch too pale - without actually meaning to be a nude, maybe it has a sort of purple/blue cast to it, or maybe it competes with some undertone in my skin color... it's a little difficult to put my finger on what it is that rubs me the wrong way about this color, but whatever it is, I just find that it doesn't create a shade of pink on my lips that suits me completely. On the other hand, something like the sadly discontinued A Rose Romance, which had a bit more life & vivacity to it, really works to create that wonderful candy pink color which seems to enhance, rather than compete with, my coloring.
I've actually found that, while it appears to be a seemingly simple color, finding the right shade of pink can be almost as difficult as finding that much sought after, perfect shade of red. And I'm sorry to say, Angel has not earned its wings.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by jlmc8

I have a dark olive skintone and this suits me perfectly. I can use it for day and night. I can use it to work because its nice an understated. makes me happy how versatile this colour is.

i love mac lipstick because my lips are a bit dark and mac gives me adequate coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by couture12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the perfect lipstick! It is a nice nude with a hint of pink. It goes great with a lipgloss or even by itself. If you are looking for a nice natural color with a bit of pink, this is the lipstick to get! It is now my favorite lipstick! You can wear it to the office or a night on the town. It is also versatile with age and color of skin. Great product!