December 21, 2014 | 1271 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2004 11:54:00 PM More reviews by pinstripemafia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recieved a sample of this from a wonderful MUAer and fell in love! The smell is nice, and it completely absorbs into the skin without any greasiness left behind. This is a wonderful daily moisturizer for acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2004 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Ponigirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been using this Aveeno moisturizer for about a year now and I can honestly say that my skin looks healthier than it has in years. Because of the low percentage of salicylic acid, it doesn't irritate my skin, yet keeps the breakouts at bay. I've tried other moisturizers with salicylic acid, since my skin is acne-prone, but I always ended up disappointed and often with irritated skin. I also love the clean scent and the smooth texture.
The price is a bit high for a drugstore product, but worth it for my skin. I will most definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2004 4:28:00 PM More reviews by emiliejolie

I bought it when a friend of mine (who has approximately the same skin type) told me that she liked it - and because I was curious.

The smell is quite strange, but not too bad either. The texture is okay too - nothing spectacular but not too greasy. At first, I liked this moisturizer but it never did anything to fight my acne. Absolutely nothing. Nada. Rien. Niente. Doesn't make it worst either but didn't do anything it promised.

After a while, my skin seemed not moisturized enough and I had a few dry patches. I wouldn't repurchase it.

And finally, I think it's a bit expensive for an Aveeno/drugstore product that doesn't do anything to improve the skin anyway. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2004 2:48:00 PM More reviews by likestofu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Aveeno body lotions for years, so when I started breaking out, the natural choice was to use a brand I trusted. Boy do I feel betrayed! This moisturizer did not do anything it promised! It didn't clear up my breakouts, and it did not moisturize!! Instead, I got all these little patches of dry skin in addition to pimples. Ughh, furthermore, it was a ridiculously expensive disappointment. Don't waste your money, this product is chock-full of chemicals despite its tagline of "active naturals."

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2004 10:48:00 AM More reviews by cherryshake290

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Aveeno moisturizers, but this one, though I've been using it for awhile, is second best to Positively Radiant. This one doesn't seem to be quite as moisturizing, and also contains no sunscreen-- a must have for anyday to protect my skin. I love the texture of this product, as well, but it doesn't moisturize as well as Positively Radiant.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2004 9:06:00 PM More reviews by bowhuntergirl

I started using this product about a week ago. I like that it doesn't make my excessively oily skin any shinier, but it doesn't moisturize as well as i like. It doesn't make my skin break out which is a plus. I will continue to use it till the bottle is gone, but unsure that i will buy again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2004 4:12:00 PM More reviews by b4byb33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmmm...I think this smells like green peas. For some reason this product made me break out, which came as a big surprise. I didn't find it to be greasy, and it didn't make my skin greasy either. It did make it dry after a week or so. I was using the Aveeno skin clarifying cleanser as well, so i stopped using both and then tried them one at a time. They both made my skin dry. If you have dry skin don't try this product because it is not moisturizing enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2004 8:49:00 PM More reviews by amytude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like this product and use it twice daily. I have combination/normal skin and it doesn't leave me feeling oily. I've tried tons of different moisturizers in various price ranges, but I think this performs as well as many of the pricier brands. I do like the pump, but it seems to clog easily. I also use the foaming wash. Good product for the money!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2004 4:39:00 PM More reviews by dusice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a moisturizer, then this may be okay for you. But as far as exfoliation is concerned you can do far better. It only has 0.5% of the active ingredient salicylic acid which will not do very much. It is in quite an emotient base, and with such little percentage all it did was clog up my pores. Another thing that was disturbing was that immediately after application my eyes would water. I would not get the lotion ANYWHERE near my eyes and my eyes would still water regardless. I wear contacts so that is a big problem. This went into the trash. I do not think I will purchase any other Aveeno products. I hope you have better luck with them than I did!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2004 3:59:00 PM More reviews by PBR7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells like a perfumery. I finally washed it off. I hated it.