September 22, 2014 | 2037 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2004 2:48:00 PM More reviews by likestofu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Aveeno body lotions for years, so when I started breaking out, the natural choice was to use a brand I trusted. Boy do I feel betrayed! This moisturizer did not do anything it promised! It didn't clear up my breakouts, and it did not moisturize!! Instead, I got all these little patches of dry skin in addition to pimples. Ughh, furthermore, it was a ridiculously expensive disappointment. Don't waste your money, this product is chock-full of chemicals despite its tagline of "active naturals."

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2004 10:48:00 AM More reviews by cherryshake290

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Aveeno moisturizers, but this one, though I've been using it for awhile, is second best to Positively Radiant. This one doesn't seem to be quite as moisturizing, and also contains no sunscreen-- a must have for anyday to protect my skin. I love the texture of this product, as well, but it doesn't moisturize as well as Positively Radiant.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2004 9:06:00 PM More reviews by bowhuntergirl

I started using this product about a week ago. I like that it doesn't make my excessively oily skin any shinier, but it doesn't moisturize as well as i like. It doesn't make my skin break out which is a plus. I will continue to use it till the bottle is gone, but unsure that i will buy again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2004 4:12:00 PM More reviews by b4byb33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmmm...I think this smells like green peas. For some reason this product made me break out, which came as a big surprise. I didn't find it to be greasy, and it didn't make my skin greasy either. It did make it dry after a week or so. I was using the Aveeno skin clarifying cleanser as well, so i stopped using both and then tried them one at a time. They both made my skin dry. If you have dry skin don't try this product because it is not moisturizing enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2004 8:49:00 PM More reviews by amytude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like this product and use it twice daily. I have combination/normal skin and it doesn't leave me feeling oily. I've tried tons of different moisturizers in various price ranges, but I think this performs as well as many of the pricier brands. I do like the pump, but it seems to clog easily. I also use the foaming wash. Good product for the money!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2004 4:39:00 PM More reviews by dusice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a moisturizer, then this may be okay for you. But as far as exfoliation is concerned you can do far better. It only has 0.5% of the active ingredient salicylic acid which will not do very much. It is in quite an emotient base, and with such little percentage all it did was clog up my pores. Another thing that was disturbing was that immediately after application my eyes would water. I would not get the lotion ANYWHERE near my eyes and my eyes would still water regardless. I wear contacts so that is a big problem. This went into the trash. I do not think I will purchase any other Aveeno products. I hope you have better luck with them than I did!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2004 3:59:00 PM More reviews by PBR7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells like a perfumery. I finally washed it off. I hated it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2004 8:09:00 AM More reviews by silver_springs

I am surprised to read all the comments about break-outs. I have very oily skin and I'm really prone to break-outs but I've been using this product for 4 months now and have seen nothing but good results. I haven't tried a whole lot of Moisturizer's out there so I can't say if this is THE best of all the drugstore brands but I am quite satisified with it. In the 4 months since I have used it my skin has become much more softer, very noticable. I do think it helps with acne as well. I mean it's not a miracle cure or anything but I have noticed some change. I use it after washing my face because if I don't then my face becomes super dry but with this there is no problem at all. The only thing I hate is the pump! It stops working once you get down to about 1/4 of the bottle left so I basically have to take the pump out and dig the moisturizer out. It's annoying but unless I find something better then I am happy enough to stick with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2004 2:37:00 AM More reviews by sparkler82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked this product because it didn't make me break out but I wouldn't consider it my HG. I did not like the scent or the texture of the cream. The applicator was kind of fussy too, as it clogged often. Plus I felt I had to use alot of it to get any moisturizing results. Might be good for some people, just not my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2004 11:56:00 PM More reviews by tanner73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a free sample (10ml tube). I used it for about a week, every morning. Can't really say anything bad about it, but there's nothing really good to say about it either. Kind of greasy feeling. Perhaps I didn't get to use it long enough, but the sample wasn't enough to make me purchase it. Still searching for a good non-greasy moisturizer.