Aveeno Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

3.6

Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, BHT, Bis Phenylpropyl Dimethicone, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja Seed Extract (Soybean), Isoceteth 20, Laureth 7, Methyl Gluceth 20, Polyacrylamide, PPG 10 Cetyl Ether, Water

on 12/8/2004 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff made me breakout even more (and seemed to make the blemishes redder), and i dont usually have sensitive skin. It's got a bad texture, it felt like a plastic mask, and it blends horribly with make-up. Oh, and the smell is pretty awful, i even felt like i could taste it at times...

on 10/23/2004 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this a few years ago and used some today. I would have to say I love the smell of this stuff and it does give your skin a glowing complexion and it doesn't feel greasy. I don't know if I would purchase this again as my skin tends to be on the oily side. If my skin was drier, I would definetly make this a part of my daily regime

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Step away from this product!
After using it for only a few days, my skin was red and broken out all over.
Not good at all.

on 10/2/2004 2:42:00 PM

This product provided very little moisture for my combo/oily T-zone skin. Also caused my skin to break out. I gave this product several chances, however, it did nothing for me. Would not repurchase.

on 9/26/2004 1:34:00 PM

i love this product.. besides my 'hope in a jar' moisturizer (AMAZiNG!), this is my favorite face cream. although i hardly ever breakout, i just love the smell and how it`s not heavy. it`s not greasy at all and it really evens out and delivers a soft finish on your face, whether you`re acne prone or not. try it out!

on 9/15/2004 3:10:00 AM

I tried this a few years ago when I ran out of Neutrogena Skin Clearing Moisturizer while on vacation. First time I've ever broken out from something (that I could pinpoint it on)...the next morning I woke up to a very, very angry face. I think I may be sensitive to soy! I didn't realize that might be possible, so this review is just a warning, I guess. :)

on 9/9/2004 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff flakes off on me. Definately not for me.

I recieved a sample of this from a wonderful MUAer and fell in love! The smell is nice, and it completely absorbs into the skin without any greasiness left behind. This is a wonderful daily moisturizer for acne prone skin.

on 8/18/2004 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this Aveeno moisturizer for about a year now and I can honestly say that my skin looks healthier than it has in years. Because of the low percentage of salicylic acid, it doesn't irritate my skin, yet keeps the breakouts at bay. I've tried other moisturizers with salicylic acid, since my skin is acne-prone, but I always ended up disappointed and often with irritated skin. I also love the clean scent and the smooth texture.
The price is a bit high for a drugstore product, but worth it for my skin. I will most definitely repurchase!

on 8/18/2004 4:28:00 PM

I bought it when a friend of mine (who has approximately the same skin type) told me that she liked it - and because I was curious.

The smell is quite strange, but not too bad either. The texture is okay too - nothing spectacular but not too greasy. At first, I liked this moisturizer but it never did anything to fight my acne. Absolutely nothing. Nada. Rien. Niente. Doesn't make it worst either but didn't do anything it promised.

After a while, my skin seemed not moisturized enough and I had a few dry patches. I wouldn't repurchase it.

And finally, I think it's a bit expensive for an Aveeno/drugstore product that doesn't do anything to improve the skin anyway. continued >>